*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:57:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Changes for Season 6 (The new Battle League, and why it shouldn't be.)  (Read 9715 times)
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2003, 10:36:50 pm »

No one who decides to participate in the other league will be labeled a traitor and be stripped of privileges. Choose what league you want to participate consequence free.

Hazard, I agree that you speak it from this side, but that's not the general feeling I get from the other.

Thank Sick for coming back.  Its nice to hear somone listen to an intelligent post from Soc.  Nice to have you back Sick.   Grin

Hey Diesel, do me a favor and shove it.  I did listen to Soc, and I did respond intelligently and respectfully.  I also noticed Soc admit he was wrong.    

And I've noticed that you've contributed noting intelligent to this conversation.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2003, 10:37:45 pm by Buccaneer » Logged

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2003, 10:45:17 pm »

Well speaking for myself that is how I feel on the subject and I hope that is how everyone else will start to look at it.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
[one] Gambit

Protector of llamas everywhere

« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2003, 11:33:11 pm »

I wish I had opened this thread before now, but here it is...

Issue #1:

First, the general consensus I have picked up from all  the discussions over the last few days, the primary issue seems to be with the Admin structure.

First, they are not accountable to anyone save Mauti, as they are appointedby him.

Second, there are just too few of them to deal with the volume of issues that come up.

I believe the Second issue might be handled, as I see 9 names now listed as mods for this forum. If those appointed can communicate effectively amongst themselves and the workload gets spread evenly, that should be plenty to handle what comes up and ensure that no admin is put in a situation where there might be accusations of conflict of interest.

The first issue is still open for discussion in my opinion, and what I would like to propose is the following:

when a grievance is posted, the BL responds asap indicating who will be handling the particular case.

Final judgement should be issued within 24 hours. If an Admin cannot give attention to resolving disputes at a particular time due to holiday, workload, whatever... that Admin needs to let his peers know he is unavailable so he doesnt get buried in BL work without being able to do anything about it.

Appeals are disallowed unless new evidence can be contributed that changes the outcome. Appeals that are allowed will be refered to a panel of 3 admins for a majority ruling.

If a clan has a problem with a particular Admin being assigned to their case, that's too bad.

Period.

bypssing the Admins and pleading directly to Mauti will not be allowed and he should ignore all direct contacts save forwarding it back to the Admins.

Issue #2:

There was much discussion about rulings on glitching and adjusting the currrent 'any glitch= a forfeit' system. The problem I saw in all of those discussions was that even if a glitch IS ruled unintentional, trying to pick up a cb in the middle with the same people in a reasonable amount of time is nearly impossible. I am sure that is why the current rule came into being.

With that in mind, and in an effort to steer clans to resolving these issues without having to take them to moderators, I would propose the following...

If a player is caught in a glitch during a game and the other team notes it, the game is stopped, the replay is saved, and the glitching team loses that game on forfeit. Teams are allowed time to view the replay at that time. If the accusing team insists on taking the issue to the admins and it is ruled an unintentional glitch, the accusing team loses the match on forfeit.

If the glitch is blatently intentional the accusing team has the right to stop the match and take the replay directly to the Admins for a ruling. If the Admins feel a conscious effort to cheat was involved, the offending players' team forfeits the match.

All claims of glitching submitted to the Admins must be made within 10 minutes ofthe end of the match. Time will not be allowed to pour over every replay of every game looking for any problem.

Again, the effort here is to get the participants to sort things out without running to the admins. If people can own up to their own mistakes I think it would greatly alleviate the workload of the admins.

Just a starting point... I'm sure there are holes but let's get the ball rolling.

Smiley

*moved here  -  Civic
« Last Edit: November 18, 2003, 11:55:18 pm by z][t-Civic » Logged
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2003, 12:50:55 am »

is it just me, or are there a hell of a lot of mods in the bl forum?

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Cold, calculated and brutal as greatness requires.

« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2003, 01:04:53 am »

Some cases take more than 24 hours Gambit.  That is so that no mistakes are made and all evidence is properly looked over and presented.  It has to be discussed by everyone then decided on a verdict.  We would want to rush anything too much.

Evill: Infection, Hazard, take your duo act back to the Bar & Grill.
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2003, 01:13:40 am »

Issue #1 Response

I agree with Gambit wholeheartedly about the overriding the admins and going to Mauti problem and like Infection said some cases take more than 24 hours to properly administer.

Issue #2 Respnse

I feel we would be nipping this in the bud if we instated the point alteration I mentioned above called "Weakening Forfeits."

This season I think it would be a good idea for clans to get less points for "disputed wins"(winning by forfeit) and in turn the clan that lost would lose more points for a "disputed loss."(losing by forfeit) I think this will encourage clans to just play it out. I have seen this done at another ladder and thought it could be implemented here. I think we should definitely use the disputed win part but should look more into the disputed loss part.? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Hazard

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2003, 02:42:18 am »

The more the merrier. It's sorta like having a jury. The more there are, the better the chance of a fair decision being reached...unless O.J. Simpson is on trial.  Grin

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2003, 04:03:35 am »

Issue 1-Rules
Have the BL rules been revamped since season 5? It was my understanding Noto made a new draft, just wondering if it will be implemented.

Issue 2-New Ladders
Will there be any included for season 6? A 1v1 ladder would be fun, this would add some variety and give those not in a clan a chance to participate. Also a Multi Clan CB ladder of some sort would be interesting.

Issue 3-Finals for other ladders
Is there any reason for not having a finals for the other laddders? This may encourgae more CB's/interest.

As I am sure you are all very busy, and  Season 6 will begin soon, so you may suffer from the constraints of time. Therefore, if Season 6 winds up with little change, I understand. There are other larger issues to be addressed but i'll let my withering fingers rest.

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2003, 04:04:16 am »

so Noto becomes a mod to make things more balanced, clan wise. interesting....

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2003, 04:14:44 am »

Quick, sort of off topic post, but important I think.

Wouldn't it be easier to have multiple threads?  I can see this being un-followable soon.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

MainMaN

moo

« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2003, 04:23:43 am »

well as much as i agree on both sides, yes *DAMN league has problems and Yes Stop b@%@$ing about.

So ill post what i exactly said to the N Forums.

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 1:20 am

Heres my opinion about this league idea. Remember this is my opinion and im titled to my free of speech i assume on this forum.

First off, we allrdy got a damn league why make more? Theirs allread like 5 mac leagues and im sick of it. Just cause *DAMN introduced it doesnt mean you need to get more endorcing of your clan by making a league. That goes to BTs also. A reason why i killed the CQB League. If you guys are so stuck about how much the *DAMN League blows. Make comments Tell some1. Cause ill garentee you 99% that they fix it on the spot. If your trying to get your clan more publicity try making a mod or contrubite some how to mac society. Its been working for the past 4 years.

[mainman]

Not an iron in the flame, Faith is just a flicker, But it's burning just the same. - Paul Alan

SparK - Forums :: http://sparkforum.cjb.net :: Raven Shield Modding Source
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2003, 04:42:04 am »

well as much as i agree on both sides, yes *DAMN league has problems and Yes Stop b@%@$ing about.

So ill post what i exactly said to the N Forums.

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 1:20 am

Heres my opinion about this league idea. Remember this is my opinion and im titled to my free of speech i assume on this forum.

First off, we allrdy got a damn league why make more? Theirs allread like 5 mac leagues and im sick of it. Just cause *DAMN introduced it doesnt mean you need to get more endorcing of your clan by making a league. That goes to BTs also. A reason why i killed the CQB League. If you guys are so stuck about how much the *DAMN League blows. Make comments Tell some1. Cause ill garentee you 99% that they fix it on the spot. If your trying to get your clan more publicity try making a mod or contrubite some how to mac society. Its been working for the past 4 years.

[mainman]

But don't forget this one either:
ya know what. The *DAMN Battle league has some a the biggest dumbass's. And this isnt from me, from everyone. Who the f@$@ allowed hazard to be a admin? He one of the biggest faggots ever.

And bucc, stop cause flamewars. Keep it on the N Site. Where it belongs.

Yep, way to play both sides of the street there.

Also, I'd like to point out that you are the same guy trying to start his own MoH league, instead of talking to the guys here first.  

Not to mention the flaming you gave Haz there, and then tell me not to flame.  Tardo.

I think we all know what's coming next.

You sire, are a HYPOCRITE!

Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2003, 02:20:38 pm »

Very true, Bucc, but an MoH ladder has been discussed before, several times I think. I'm pretty sure Mauti will turn down the idea again, unless more people ask for it. There doesn't seem to be much demand for an MoH ladder on *DAMN at the moment.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2003, 03:43:11 pm »

The reason why ideas like MOH ladder were turned down was because each cb had to be added by an admin.

With the automated system we are open for almost all egoshooters if it fits somehow to the *DAMN theme and tactical egoshooter.

I gonna open a new thread for the admin structure debate and another one for rule changes.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2003, 07:35:07 pm »

Egoshooter... Mauti I have got hand it to you.  Thats the best name I have ever heard for this! Smiley

The wOOt is your friend. Trust the wOOt.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
I own the former VT supercomputer node 177 wOOt! http://www.tcf.vt.edu/
Noto
« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2003, 08:39:08 pm »

I apologize for my absence over the past few days.  School and work have kept me extremely busy this week.  As most of you are probably experiencing this, my finals actually happen the week after Thanksgiving, which is soon... so soon.

I have posted a new topic on this forum in regards to the new league discussions, which were taking place over at The .::|N|etwork forums.  I thank all of you that posted your ideas, concerns, etc.  As I stated in my new post on this forum and on the .:::|N| forum, the new league discussions will remain viewable for the period of one week, so that anyone may still read the ideas, concerns, etc. that people had in concerns to creating a new league.  I think there were many ideas that the *DAMN BL could benefit from, as long as they are presented in a somewhat professional manner.  "Make get Papa its own ladder because it's hella fun" will most likely not be considered as a professional presentation of an idea.  Grin

I hope that there are no hard feeling towards .::|N|, myself, or any other clans or clan members that participated in the new league discussions.  I only wish to move on and focus on the challenge I presented in my new post located here:   Wink

Good luck to all in Season 6!

.::|N| Noto
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2003, 09:38:24 pm »

ya know what. The *DAMN Battle league has some a the biggest dumbass's. And this isnt from me, from everyone. Who the f@$@ allowed hazard to be a admin? He one of the biggest faggots ever.

And bucc, stop cause flamewars. Keep it on the N Site. Where it belongs.

Mainman just because you talked shit against me AND MY CLAN and couldn't back it up and I beat your ass 1v1 doesn't mean you have to be a dick about it. You started it, I'm ending it. Stfu, ignore me, whatever you have to do. Everytime I see you post you do something dumb as fuck and try to flame me, or post under an alias and try to flame me. Grow the fuck up.

To Noto:

I'll check out the thread as soon as I get a chance.

~ Einstein
Noto
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2003, 12:18:19 am »

...Just cause *DAMN introduced it doesnt mean you need to get more endorcing of your clan by making a league. That goes to BTs also...

...If your trying to get your clan more publicity try making a mod or contrubite some how to mac society...

[mainman]

For the record, the new league was originally being endorsed by 6 clans.  If you are going to accuse people of doing something, then please do your homework on the subject first.

Mainman, I have read many of your posts, and have gone back to read others I haven't seen before.  Many of your posts are contradictory, let alone the fact that the majority of your accusations lack evidence.  You seem to "speak" before you think.  If you are in support of the *DAMN BL, which I'm sure some people out there are confused if you are, then show it by thinking first, then "speaking".  Every illogical post that you present to this community simply drives them away from taking you seriously.  Although, every well-thought post you present gets them back.

.::|N| Noto

I'm not sure what the purpose of this thread is any longer since the subject matter has been discussed and dissolved.
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2003, 12:20:36 am »

Then close it big admin boy! Grin

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads