*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 11:27:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Raven Shield Rule Discussion  (Read 9686 times)
kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2004, 03:36:20 pm »

2) No kit restrictions.  If there were none before, why should there be any now?  You can't tell me that high capacity mags are even close to as bad as the OICW's nade launcer, not with anything near honesty.  The weapons have a penalty built in for using the high mags or scopes.  They don't react the same, aren't as accurate, and you have less overall ammo on you.

I'd have to disagree with that.  The weapon that I use is just as accurate with the scope or a cmag as it is without one.  I don't know about you guys, but I won't be enjoying a game that involves some clan opposite of me using a cmag, rushing with 4 of their teammates and using burst fire shooting at anything they see for 10 minutes or until they have to RELOAD! oh boy!  

That must be considered skill there folks...

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2004, 12:28:18 am »

I think the game needs an initiation season for everyone to get used to RvS and to find out what needs to be changed for the future.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2004, 01:57:33 am »

Well Paul Bunion, er, Viper, nice exaggerations there.

So far the BL hasn't banned HBS, OICW/GL's, PDW's, or any other weapon or kit that I can see.  Some people feel that HBS is only for Noobs too.  I think the OICW/GL is the biggest Noob weapon of all time.  Or auto shotguns, for that matter.

They are part of the game.  There are plenty of ways to beat the guys with the large capacity mags.

You may call it skill to not use them, I call it more skill beating them.

And you should check the stats of your gun, you'll notice a change in a few of them when you add it.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2004, 02:35:13 pm »

Ok i went back to TWL (even though the last time i was there it was when they were kicking a2 off the ladder because we pwned too badly) to look at the RvS rules for a 4v4 team survival match. They are very well set up but since TWL picks the maps for u this may present a problem. Like back in RS every clan had a warring map which made things KINDA boring. Ive got a new idea to solve this little problem. When we find out who the ladder admins are, they will be the ones who decide the map. So basically, if KoS were to cb BTs (KoS ownage) I would not pick the map because im in the match, but i would go ask some1 else such as Typhy or another RvS admin and they would select a map at random. Although this could become currupted i feel that only straightforward RvS players should select the maps. If this does not sound like it will work maybe the guys at *DAMN could make a random map generator. So when u click on the button it randomly tells you a map. This also could present problems due to the fact that people could repeat the process until the desired map shows up. Anyone have any GOOD ideas about how we can go about choosing maps? Hmm now that i look at the the TWL rules better its best of 3 maps. U play up to 5 rounds (best of 5 first the 3 rounds) and that wins u the map. Its first clan to win 2 maps so i bet we could just do it like the old RS days and play each clan picks a map to play on and the other team picks the side they want for that map. What do yall think?

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
PLOPje

kill yourself before someone kills you

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2004, 06:02:55 pm »

With that last thing you said if both teams pick a map who will decide the last map?
But I dont like the idea that you need to have luck that a map you are good on gets choosing by the random generator or an admin who gets paid to choose a certain map picks it Smiley

We are the next generation, we are not scared to die.
The only thing I fear is the afterlive.
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2004, 06:51:30 pm »

What is wrong with the guest picking the map and then the loser of each round picking next?
What you were saying makes no sense, I don't think something like that should be implemented, seriously.

P.S. Stop using BTs everytime you want to make your clan sound better.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2004, 04:03:28 am »

Crypt.. the prob w/ that is the way that RvS host games.. it would take tooo long just to changes maps..i know some peeps that takes them about 2 games b4 they rejoin the game from there slower mac loading the next map..

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2004, 04:13:36 am »

Harvey, that's not really an issue if you just load all the maps in at the start, and use the console commands to change the maps.

Not a problem at all.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2004, 04:30:23 am »

Im not talking about the hot.. im talking about the lcient side of things.. like lets say me and spets are in a game.... the map changes. my G5 is in the next game w/ time to spare for the first game to start (normal public host / timer on).. spets w/ his slower imac  is still loading the map half way though the first game of the new map so he doesnt join till the second game... thats the extra time im talking about..

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2004, 08:53:48 am »

It's called patience. Even with the map load delays, RvS cbs stand to be a damn sight shorter than GhR cbs. I'm not gonna complain.

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2004, 10:24:02 am »

Just making my point why i think going map to map every game might not be the best route

crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2004, 05:05:41 pm »

The server timer pauses when you enter the server setup, am I correct? Therefore you could just enter that to allow for some extra time for the rest of the members to load.

BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2004, 07:43:44 pm »

Yes thats what i do on my host.. but i was just sayingthat this wil cause the CB to take 2 to 3  times as long as playing several games on one map

crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2004, 03:25:09 am »

I would say 5 minute rounds, best of 5 rounds on a best of 5 maps format, or something. (tweak the number to your liking)

KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2004, 01:05:06 pm »

5 maps damn! Im all for the ol RS ways....but thats just the RS vet in me speaking. 2 maps, best of 10 per map. The thing is Flies is that if a clan gets beat on their map, u know who the better clan is....because either way u are SUPPOSED to win your map and if u dont ur opponent rightfully wins. Im just gonna sit back and listen to what happens. With so many people not liking others opinions i dunno what will happen. BTW vipe ty for the backup its what i needed.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2004, 10:05:01 am »

I don?t see any fun in perfecting one map, and playing that in every cb.
In my opinion the winner should be the skillful clan, who can win on any map taken...
The map picking in GhR worked fine. Every clan had their favorite maps, and picked those.

Not being an RS vet, I can only speak from my experiences in GhR. I am, however, a PONG vet.  Wink

Mags

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2004, 01:01:07 pm »

Variety is the spice of life. Id like to see CB's that happen in more than two maps (the 2 clans favorite maps) but I don't really see this being a huge issue. The "play one map twice" rule in GhR worked exteamly well... As it is most clan guys tend to have more than one favorite map.. and some people just found that some maps were unsuitable for CBs... Like the DS map Riverbed... or Wilderness!

Big up to Pong... if you fancy somthing highly addictive try http://www.ismokecrack.com   ping... pong... ping.... pong..

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2004, 03:30:53 pm »

Oh, I say screw the RvS ladder now, and lets play this trippy version of Pong all day.

it's amazing that such a stupid thing can be so addicting.

ping......pong....ping....Super Curve Bonus!.....pong.... Grin Grin

"oh no, here's come's the death."
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2004, 04:31:47 pm »

Indeed this is how i spend my time when i should be doing my essay..... i write about 100 words then decide i need a break... ping pong ping pong...

I still can't get past level 8 though.. it gets so damn fast its crazy! pong..

Ok im sorry this is Back to the subject in hand...

ps. lets have a pong ladder Wink  Bonus!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
MainMaN

moo

« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2004, 05:01:10 am »

Mauti, make .ini's for easy server set up. A another great idea from THE MAIN-MAN.  Shocked

Not an iron in the flame, Faith is just a flicker, But it's burning just the same. - Paul Alan

SparK - Forums :: http://sparkforum.cjb.net :: Raven Shield Modding Source
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads