*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 09:16:57 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Raven Shield Rule Discussion  (Read 9698 times)
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2004, 08:48:37 am »

well, since  everyone seems to be up in arms about primary cmags, what about secondary cmags?  personally i dont have a problem with those, simply because the pistol is rarely used, and the silencer is a generally crappy option to use in general, leaving your cmag the only mod for pistols left

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2004, 10:12:52 am »

I expecially like extending the capacity of the DEagle .50 - makes the DE even better.

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2004, 10:43:49 am »

I can argue this as much as I want, however, when it comes down to it, wether or not hi-cap mags are allowed will come down to what the majority of the players want. That's how it should be. However, I would like to encourage you to try out hi-cap mags; play the game enough to get used to them, and only vote to restrict them if you find them a problem. Don't just jump to the conclusion that they're for newbies, though.

I really see no reason to block Hi-Cap mags on secondarys. They're rarely used, but effective and cause no problems, and make for no "cheap"/unrealistic guns.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2004, 07:24:35 pm »

I have nothing against secondary cmags but when I am pinned down for 30 seconds because some guy is 3 round bursting where I am with a clip of over 100 bullets it gets a little ridiculous. It causes lag when everyone is using cmags, they require very little skill and are the biggest example of "spray and pray" I have ever seen.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2004, 08:01:25 pm »

The 'what should we ban for MP games' seems to be a discussion that comes up more than often. However continuing from what hazared said about the mags discussion id ask folks to try playing with no restrictions for a while - they are in the game so just play with them. Just because you don't like somthing dosn't mean it should be ripped to shreds and permabanned. People have different playing styles and i sometimes get the feeling that when people come up against a guy with a style they dont like they do everything they can to remove it... thats just a generalisation though.

Kit restrictions are put in place in an effort to maximise the enjoyment of the game - we are looking for the best possible playing enviroment that provides good, fun, fair games. If a particular restriction would aid this goal then maybe it would be a good idea...  But just take into consideration some of the arguments that have gone on regarding GhR - if some guys got their own way you would be restricted from using any of the following: nades, any form of GL, the OLCW, the SA80 and sensors...

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2004, 10:26:29 pm »

Why dont we just vote? I see no point in arguing because no one will change their view point and so far ive only heard 1 vote FOR the mags and that would be Typhy. Everyone else seems to be against it so i guess that means its nto gonna happen?

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2004, 12:10:06 am »

well, since  everyone seems to be up in arms about primary cmags, what about secondary cmags?  personally i dont have a problem with those, simply because the pistol is rarely used, and the silencer is a generally crappy option to use in general, leaving your cmag the only mod for pistols left

If you play against any PC player worth their salt, pistols are almost always used because it is easier to flip weapons to your secondary in a firefight than it is to reload your primary.

As for primay cmags, I already made my argument against them earlier in this thread:

They should be restricted because the consensus is that only noobs use them. It takes absolutely no skill to fly around the corner spraying all 101 bullets you have without having to think of reloading or bullet conservation. This is not the same as a M249 because the M249 is not accurate, has extra large reticules, and doesn't have a scope. Sure you could spray with the M249, but you are not likely to hit much with it unlike an assault rifle or submachine gun with cmags.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2004, 12:43:09 am »

If you play against any PC player worth their salt, pistols are almost always used because it is easier to flip weapons to your secondary in a firefight than it is to reload your primary.

As for primay cmags, I already made my argument against them earlier in this thread:

yes, sin. i realize that, but compared to the amount of time your primary weapon is out, the pistol is used a much smaller  percentage of the time (maybe a few seconds out of the entire time)  i also made no claim on primary cmags at all. i personally dont like them and so  i dont use them. i'll let those who actualy care fight ovrt that subject

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2004, 09:59:10 am »

Ok, back from vacation, so I can actually spend some time on this.

Here's my thoughts.

CB's are best 2 out of 3 matches.

Matches are best of 7 rounds (so first team to win 4, regardless of draws - keep playing till 4th win).

Picking maps:
If switching hosts, the guest clan picks the map and team color.
If playing on same host, the guest picks the first match, and following matches are chosen by the loser.

So the settings would be:
Rounds per Match           7
Time per Round              5
Time Between Rounds     --
Friendly Fire                    Yes
Teammate Killer Penalty  No
Allow Radar                     Yes
Allow Teammate Names  Yes
Force Firstperson Weap   Yes
First Person Death Camera
Third Person Death Camera
Team Only Death Camera

Kit Restrictions - None

My feelings on this are simple.
1) as long as it's not free 3rd person or viewing the other team (or ghost camera even), it's no different than what's gone on before.  I don't quite understand how someone saying that they used it in the past is a good reason for it not being used now.
2) No kit restrictions.  If there were none before, why should there be any now?  You can't tell me that high capacity mags are even close to as bad as the OICW's nade launcer, not with anything near honesty.  The weapons have a penalty built in for using the high mags or scopes.  They don't react the same, aren't as accurate, and you have less overall ammo on you.
3) This is also why I'm for forcing first person weapon.  Bigger guns and adding stuff to them blocks some of your vision, so block it if you add it.
4) Let's work the scoring so it rewards bigger CB's still.  This game is a lot of fun with 8v8, so let's encourage them, and not have it turn into the 2v2 world that disgusts me.  Make the default 4v4, and deduct points for smaller, add points for bigger =D
5) Looking at the vote thread, the majority so far agree with no kit restrictions.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2004, 10:07:00 am »

Well said, Bucc. I agree with everything there.  

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2004, 06:10:20 pm »

Ditto. I move to use Bucc's rules as the standard for the league.

All in Favor? Yea!

All Opposed? Nea!

YEA!

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2004, 06:53:29 pm »

Yep this sounds very good bucc, ive said what i feel about kit restrictions and    i still don't see the reason for them. These outlines look great for good games, and definatly the move for bigger cb's cannot be anything but a good one.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2004, 09:03:26 pm »

I agree.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2004, 11:10:49 pm by ?Hazard » Logged

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2004, 09:28:54 pm »

I agree./color]

Looks like somebody needs to go back to HTML school.....lol

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2004, 09:52:50 pm »

on point one : the leetness of bucc's suggestions    YEA

on point 2: the need for haz to visit html school     NEA
that's bbs code, GS not html

*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2004, 11:11:54 pm »

I backspaced the"[".... anyway...

It seems like Bucc's set will be the rules for the league.

~ Einstein
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2004, 01:16:14 am »

on point one : the leetness of bucc's suggestions    YEA

on point 2: the need for haz to visit html school     NEA
that's bbs code, GS not html

Good point Brain....let's send GhostSniper to bbs code school followed by HTML school since he doesn't know the difference.....lol

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2004, 04:14:17 am »

lol, maybe we should get back on topic here........

To start..... Will there be any new map packs or mods that will be BL approved, I've seen several good maps out there that are good and could be used for official maps.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2004, 04:37:58 am »

lol, maybe we should get back on topic here........

To start..... Will there be any new map packs or mods that will be BL approved, I've seen several good maps out there that are good and could be used for official maps.

Crypt, I'd go with the standard BL rule on mods, especially for the first season.  That being they are only allowed if both teams agree to them before the CB.

I don't see any need to start with mods on a game so new that most people still don't have a legitimate copy of yet.  =D

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2004, 04:58:53 am »

Ok, I see where you are coming from, Bucc.

I just thought of the first thing off of the top of my head to bring this back to topic.  Wink

As for your rule set, It seems like the best way to get the first season going, and should be used.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads