*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 11:48:58 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ghost Recon *DBL Map Pack 3 - Some Changes - Vote Now!  (Read 21023 times)
z][t-Primary

« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2005, 04:19:17 pm »

you can't spam with frags dude..

you're kidding right? thats the thing, people think throwing frags at random on small docks for instance isnt spamming, but shooting 4 nades from the GL at a spot where you just saw the enemy is - bullshit. frags are rreeaall handy for spamming, especially on small maps.

I know i smoke alot

apparently =)
{E} 357mag

"Just try and control me"

« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2005, 10:12:59 pm »

{E} clans reveiw on some maps.....
gaurded forest has tons of glitches were objects disappeared (bushes ect.)
foy night was just so horriable (night vision was terriable)
mercenary this is a good map but u can just lay there and get foot shots all day on the other team from under the houses ect..(i mean someone has to go for the smoke but no one wants to get shot in the foot when they run for it do they?( this may be a camp fest map ) ill give more opinons later from our clan (remember this is our opinions and were just giving feedback here) not to be confused or taken offence by any other clans ect.....thanks
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2005, 10:43:42 pm »

I'm leading the ghr for mod this season, so So far the two maps I have seen that are worthy (if picking 5) are:

White Skull Valley
The Farm (Day)

Talking about Prison Day, the spawns are a bit wacky, and I dont think this map would go over well after about the first 5 times played.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
{E} 357mag

"Just try and control me"

« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2005, 10:48:10 pm »

rgrt that , i think the wz needs to be centered on all the maps (if it is not)
cO.twist

« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2005, 10:59:52 pm »

you can't spam with frags dude..

you're kidding right? thats the thing, people think throwing frags at random on small docks for instance isnt spamming, but shooting 4 nades from the GL at a spot where you just saw the enemy is - bullshit. frags are rreeaall handy for spamming, especially on small maps.

I know i smoke alot
apparently =)

actually no, i am not kidding....you can't SPAM with hand nades dude.  if you throw your nades as fast as you can, they might blow up every 3-5 seconds....that is NOT spamming.  Spamming is sending 6 on one dude that you see with the spamnoober...

if you say that you can spam with frags...then i say that using full auto is spamming....sounds gay right?  So does the fact that anyone (esp someone from z][t)  would think that it's even possible to spam with frags....whatever dude

you can't compare spamming with the GL and "spamming" with hand nades...besides..hand nades actually require skill in ghr...does the noober?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 11:06:48 pm by cO.twist » Logged
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2005, 01:47:27 am »

Some people are very skilled with the "noober" twist.  Civic, Kitkat, Myself... many others...

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2005, 01:50:21 am »

I never shoot more than one or two GL-nades at once. Decreasing the Rate of Fire of the GL would make no difference for my play, but of course for the people who actually "spam"...

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
cO.libre

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2005, 03:28:57 am »

if you decrease the rate of GL "spam" then why don't you decrease the rate of any other guns full auto? that lags the game and is way more annoying / takes less skill than the GL.

cO.libre - The Chosen Ones<br />www.thechosenones.us
cO.twist

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2005, 03:46:16 am »

i would say one of the few people that i have seen use the GL in a skillful way would be Civic.  There are of course alot of other great GL ppl as well. 

But hey, i'm not dogging the GL by any means...Its definitely fun to take...i was just saying that you can't spam with frags...but that's just my opinion.
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2005, 04:22:48 am »

if you decrease the rate of GL "spam" then why don't you decrease the rate of any other guns full auto? that lags the game and is way more annoying / takes less skill than the GL.

No it doesn't - unless 3 or more people are doing it within close proximity of eachother or holding the trigger on a Support weapon - but even that on good servers won't lag.

None of the good players I know of use Auto anyway - unless in close combat but still they don't waste the whole clip.

z][t-Primary

« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2005, 06:03:35 am »

you can't compare spamming with the GL and "spamming" with hand nades...besides..hand nades actually require skill in ghr...does the noober?

i dont think sending 6 nades at a location where you know the enemy can be called spamming. hows that different from shooting 15 shots at someone? next we'll have people complaining about the large amount of ammo per clip. apparently there are two different opinions about this, but i think spamming is shooting random nades to for example SK or just send the enemy back.

i dont use the GL, i havent practiced it enough to be good with it - and someone needs to set sensors for their team anyhow. still, i realize that on the DBL level of playing people are actually skilled with the GL and spamming isnt really an issue. if it didnt require any skill and was someohow overly predominent im sure we'd have way more people taking that kit. as of now we have pretty much just as large as percentage taking the oicw with sensors, a socom, an sa80, even uzis and submachine guns.
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2005, 09:37:49 am »

i dont think sending 6 nades at a location where you know the enemy can be called spamming. hows that different from shooting 15 shots at someone? next we'll have people complaining about the large amount of ammo per clip. apparently there are two different opinions about this, but i think spamming is shooting random nades to for example SK or just send the enemy back.

I dont see where you are getting at this.  Sending the enemy back is an important part of the game.  Shooting 15 shots and hitting with one when you see an enemy is as much of a sucess as shooting 1 and hitting in my book.  Spam is RANDOM.  6 nades at a location where the enemy has a good possibility of being isnt spam.  And how many people throw 6 nades into the same exact spot...

Tin

« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2005, 12:35:25 pm »

On most of the maps nade spamming isn't an issue at all. Well at least it is only GT. But how many ppl can really shoot those long range nades? I think we should leave the GL as it is but increase the # of frags and rockets to make more even.

Tin
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 01:15:49 pm by Tin » Logged
cO.twist

« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2005, 02:16:44 pm »

on the subject of the actual map pack - i don't know how much the admins went through and checked these maps, but there are quite a few problems with alot of the maps....the smoke doesnt work on some gametypes on some maps...texture issues (alot), and on some maps when playing seige, if you are on defense and respawn, you can respawn on the opposite side of the map (kinda hard to defend your base from across the map on some of these huge maps). 

i don't have time to post everything - have to head to work.  If the admins want to know the specifics on all the problems we found, just pm me later.
[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2005, 02:33:42 pm »

Okay... let's get back on track here and close out some of these issues. This thread was to be for Team Leaders to post their teams vote, so I've gone back and tallied only what the Team Leaders have said. If you voted for your team because your Leader is away, let me know and I'll add your vote to the score.

THE RESULTS ON THE GL VOTE TO DATE: 4v4

For Changing The GL
- *Macuber
- [01] Dark
- [:] T
- {E} 357mag

Against Changing The GL
- [a] ferret
- =US= RoeM
- ~Po~ Hunter
- cO. Twist

As you can see, it's a tie, but there are still a few active teams that we haven't heard from. They are...

- GhRa
- z][t
- :MoD:
- [TRIBE]

Again, if you voted for your team, let me know. If your team hasn't voted, get your Leader to do so. I think we're going to leave the voting open through the weekend so that people can make any final comments about the maps. I'll try and tally those votes later.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 02:45:44 pm by [:] Mr. T » Logged

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org

STFU

« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2005, 02:45:30 pm »

An update already...

THE RESULTS ON THE GL VOTE TO DATE: 4v5

For Changing The GL
- *Macuber
- [01] Dark
- {E} 357mag

Against Changing The GL
- [a] ferret
- =US= RoeM
- ~Po~ Hunter
- cO. Twist
- z][t Magnetic

Teams still MIA
- GhRa
- :MoD:
- [TRIBE]

:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2005, 04:08:42 pm »

I was one of the first to reply "For Changing The GL" mate - that's :MoD:'s stance on it.

z][t-Primary

« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2005, 05:23:47 pm »

I dont see where you are getting at this.  Sending the enemy back is an important part of the game.  Shooting 15 shots and hitting with one when you see an enemy is as much of a sucess as shooting 1 and hitting in my book.  Spam is RANDOM.  6 nades at a location where the enemy has a good possibility of being isnt spam.  And how many people throw 6 nades into the same exact spot...

read my post again Dark, you're just repeating what im saying. Thats exactly what im telling twist, who in turn argues that fragging at random isnt spam.. anyhow, we can drop it.

STFU

« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2005, 05:30:28 pm »

Another update...

THE RESULTS ON THE GL VOTE TO DATE: 5v5

For Changing The GL
- *Macuber
- [01] Dark
- {E} 357mag
- :MoD: Shade

Against Changing The GL
- [a] ferret
- =US= RoeM
- ~Po~ Hunter
- cO. Twist
- z][t Magnetic

Teams still MIA
- GhRa
- [TRIBE]

Regardless of where we end up with this, I'd like the people that said this wasn't an issue to look at the voting tally. Forget about who's voting where... it's 50/50... obviously an important issue.

BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2005, 06:10:29 pm »

I think you should leave the GL the way it is... You dont know how many time's it has saved my life when some noob shot his entire load off and had none left. I had bigger problems with people who knew how to use those things by self control, knowing when to carpet and knowing when not to...

If you have a small map like "Small River"... Alot of you guys have experienced some quick nading to the waterfall... By slowing the time on the GL wont fix this problem...  You can now go up against the other team using 4 GLs and firing at the right time... to create the same effect.

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads