*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:23:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ghost Recon *DBL Map Pack 3 - Some Changes - Vote Now!  (Read 20881 times)
RoeM

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2005, 04:28:34 am »

Here's a link to the X5 mod Shade:

http://www.specialforcesclan.org/download.html
Hunter

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2005, 10:40:47 am »

Po votes no to changing the GL
as far as maps....just pick some good ones Tongue
[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2005, 02:58:13 pm »

Everyone... please note that the voting on these issues closes at midnight tomorrow (Tuesday the 16th). If you haven't voted, please do so ASAP.

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
Dark uk

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2005, 03:31:50 pm »

I guess I'll represent [01] for the last time...

I think the GL should be changed on the condition that this dosn't start a snowball effect where guns start being modded in away that might unbalance the game. 80Proof said he wanted the socom's damage to be increased but I disagree with this as its the price you pay for a silenced gun and I just hope people don't start asking for their preference of gun to be upgraded in some way. There is nothing in the game I hate more than that darn GL but I will put up with it if it means the game dosn't start getting major gun/gameplay changes that might unblalance it.

As for maps:
Outpost
SkullValley
Mosque
Rue de la Mor
Industrial
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2005, 07:22:39 pm »

Here's a link to the X5 mod Shade:

http://www.specialforcesclan.org/download.html

Thx but do you have a link to the actual X5 site? that Punisher did or something - I was just on it the other day because it was in somebodys info on GR.

As for the Socom - I think that if the damage was changed it would make it so that more people would take the Socom instead of the OICW which is good since really only a few guns are used in that game, but even if they do take Socom they give up 1) The accuracy of the OICW 2) The Zoom and 3) The GL - so I don't think that increasing the damage will affect gameplay too much.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 07:25:33 pm by •Shade• » Logged

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2005, 09:37:23 pm »

The problem with the socom isnt the damage, it is the slow reticle pip speed. 

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Dark uk

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2005, 09:39:43 pm »

I still think the fact that its silenced is an advantage enough, theres been plenty of times with my SA80 that I've had to think twice before firing because I knew I would come up on the TI.
cO.libre

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2005, 11:20:47 pm »

the problem is that most of us, i think don't have IT .. so making it in a mapack would be cool for the ones that don't feel like buying the mod. i really don't think that aspyr or whoever made the game would care about spreading a few maps from their almost 3 year old game, would they?

cO.libre - The Chosen Ones<br />www.thechosenones.us

STFU

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2005, 12:51:33 am »

the problem is that most of us, i think don't have IT .. so making it in a mapack would be cool for the ones that don't feel like buying the mod.

That's the whole point of their legal action. It's technically theft. Like when someone gives you, say, some command maps and you give them to others without compensating or even asking permission from the maker... you know.

RoeM

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2005, 02:07:12 am »

xmod.webhop.net is the origional x5mod site. But the link is dead.

RoeM
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2005, 04:51:30 am »

the problem is that most of us, i think don't have IT .. so making it in a mapack would be cool for the ones that don't feel like buying the mod.

That's the whole point of their legal action. It's technically theft. Like when someone gives you, say, some command maps and you give them to others without compensating or even asking permission from the maker... you know.

Right - only the PC Island Thunder had to be bought - yet the Mac version didn't.

Thx RoeM - just by looking at the pictures of the Blue Ghost it looks like a Frostbite map but it's been so long since I've played it I might be wrong.

RoeM

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2005, 05:35:53 am »

I just verified it with Punisher. It is a frostbite map.

STFU

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2005, 03:15:30 pm »

Right - only the PC Island Thunder had to be bought - yet the Mac version didn't.

No... someone illegally ported the IT maps over to Mac. If they were free, why did Mauti get that cease and desist letter?

Anyway... this thread is for voting on maps, not arguing about copyrights and intellectual property laws. Can we get back on topic?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 03:17:20 pm by [:] Mr. T » Logged

STFU

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2005, 04:18:59 pm »

Vote 1:
Yes... reduce the ROF on the GL

Vote 2:
+ Outpost
+ The Farm
+ Plantation
+ Rue de la Mort
+ Desert City
+ Mog City

And in other comments, I'm against tweaking the other weapons just because they're not strong enough or have enough ammo in a clip. The reason for slowing the GL is to improve overall game play and prevent spamming. I think the trade off of having a silent but weak and generally inaccurate SOCOM is good.

God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2005, 05:22:23 pm »

Well I think this is important because it pertains to some of the possible maps to be included.

No... someone illegally ported the IT maps over to Mac. If they were free, why did Mauti get that cease and desist letter?

Anyway... this thread is for voting on maps, not arguing about copyrights and intellectual property laws. Can we get back on topic?

Originally it wasn't illegal because you needed to buy the IT version for PC - install it on a PC then drag the MP2 folder to your mac and run the IT patch.  Problem was once one person did it they just sent the already converted MP2 folder to all their buddies.  I think Ubisofts problem was more that he devolped the patch that could convert the PC version to the Mac.

cO.twist

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2005, 08:37:09 pm »

i say if we leave the GL the same, then we should make the other kits a tad better, to spice it up a little...such as 9 frags instead of 6....maybe 6 rockets instead of 4....and even a little more power on the socom.

It would give a little more incentive to use some of the other kits, instead of relying on pure spam.  Just a thought.
Musk_Melon

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2005, 10:35:36 pm »

I think ppl need more time,I dont see a whole lot of ppl voting on a issue i really feel strongly about-The gl.

Always hold on to thy Musket.
{E} 357mag

"Just try and control me"

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2005, 10:57:20 pm »

{E} clan votes as follows=
yes... slow the rate of the gl
maps we pick are......
-rue de la mort
-mosque
-desert city
-great wall
-the farm
also.... is it possiable to get a timer in the new map pack for dbl? like in the x5 mod, one that tells you how much time you have left to get the smoke(in secs for both teams, one that holds smoke and the other who does not )
? also about the socom, if were gona do anything to it, is it possiable to make it were the 2nd sensor works 100% of the time? or maybe make it were it is a touch more accurate? (not too much more tho cause it would maybe be too good then)....... but i feel more strong about the 2nd sensor working 100% more than accuracy....thanks from {E} clan
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 11:46:29 pm by {E} 357mag » Logged
cO.twist

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2005, 11:07:38 pm »

mag - about the sensors...its not that it doesnt work..it just sometimes doesn't lay period.  And it's not just with the socom, our guys have the same problem with the OICW.  Not sure that there is a way to fix that.
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2005, 11:09:11 pm »

6 Rockets would be spam because they can be fired fairly quickly and they're even worse than the GL.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads