*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:03:07 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ghost Recon *DBL Map Pack 3 - Some Changes - Vote Now!  (Read 20869 times)
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« on: August 13, 2005, 03:35:33 pm »

With the new season almost here, the admin Map Pack team are working really hard to have the new map pack ready in time. Before we go ahead and make some changes, we thought we would ask you for your opinion first. The following are a few of possible changes we thought would be important to you.

NOTE: CLAN LEADERS/REPRESENTATIVES ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO POST IN THIS THREAD. All others must give their suggestions to their clan leader or representative. Posts that do not meet with this criteria run the risk of being deleted.

Vote 1.Because of the constant complaints that we hear about the Nade Spamming and 15 second games, we're considering changing the OICW/GL's Rate Of Fire to a slower rate (possibly 1 second apart). We know a lot of you are determined to keep the original Guns just as they are, but we also know some of you would find this change to be a good thing for the overall game. Please choose 1 of the following options -

A) Yes - Change The Rate of Fire for the OICW/GL.

B) No - Leave The OICW/GL as it is.

Vote 2.Below is a list of Maps that we are currently considering for the New Map Pack. We will be combining Both of the previous map packs and adding some new maps. We'll only have room for a few, so please choose your TOP 5 picks from the list. Along with your vote, you may also suggest other maps that are not listed, but please include where they are located.  Note: There is still some doubt concerning the use of IT maps.

- Outpost  -Macgamingmods
- The Farm
- Polling Center -mp3
- Swamp Airfield -mp3
- Mercenary -mp3
- Plantation -mp3
- The Bank -mp3
- SkullValley 
http://www.ghostrecon.net/fileman/users/nyr_32/Images/wsv1.jpg
& Macgamingmods
- Mosque  http://www.remyg.com/p/RemyMods.html
- Rue de la Mort -mp3
- Desert City http://homepage.mac.com/v1.42ghz/vip/maps.html
- Mog City http://homepage.mac.com/v1.42ghz/vip/maps.html
- Great Wall - Macgamingmods
- Mytoan Sniper (B&G)
- Industrial (B&G)

The Admins will take all your suggestions into consideration before making the final changes.

Voting closes on the 16th August 2005
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 07:34:20 pm by [a] Red Tigah » Logged

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
[a] ferret

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 09:08:51 pm »

Vote 1. B) No - Leave The OICW/GL as it is. Changing any original weapon would ruin the gaming experience. I personally do not choose the OICW/GL on a majority of the maps during a cb, but when i play against a person who knows how to use it well, I do not feel intimidated. It all boils down to stradegy. Making the game easier for the average joe (haha) defeats the purpose of competition.

Vote 2. Mercenary, White Skull Valley and SOAF's Bank are great maps. As are a couple of others that I would like to suggest, but not in this reply. I would hate to download yet another map pack that includes Polling Center or Plantation when I have a perfectly good installation of MP2 wasting space on my harddrive. Remember, two clans can agree to using another mod during a cb. Island Thunder is cheap and easy to find on Ebay AND *DAMN has a great patch and walkthroughs to help you get it on your Mac. I would also like to add that Frostbite is another mod with great maps that have been included in *DBLMP2 (The Fort) and X5 (Blue Ghost) mods.

I have also had discusions with Punisher regarding Origmiss/MP1 map spawn point adjustments, and talked about adding Kits (not weapons) with KitKat and Hunter. This may not be the place to include that feedback, however, if you are interested (without going off topic) I can make a reply later.

{E} 357mag

"Just try and control me"

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 11:31:56 pm »

can ya throw a pack together that we can test for lagg and make sure they dont have  tons of glitches ect.? hard to vote on this , its still not wz or the envorinment that it creates. we all know we dont need anther de dust map that is laggy as hell in there so we need to beta test them and  decide from there, besides that is a shit load of mods your asking us to dl there. some us dont have the ablity to get them
all, one simple dl would be nice. can u provide for a beta test? (then we can vote)
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 12:28:55 am »

I say change the OICW/GL - I may not be playing next season but I've put enough time in to voice my opinon.

Oh and another interesting thing - why are these Island Thunder maps all of a sudden not a problem?  hmmmm

Just because your taking it from another mod doesn't change the legality.

RoeM

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 01:15:07 am »

I say leave the GL the way it is.

I would like to submit the new map 'the Prison' as a great map to be considered for dbl3 pack. Me and Punisher tried it out today, WZ and spawns work good.

RoeM
(let me know if you need a link)
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 02:47:29 am »

I say leave the GL the way it is.

I would like to submit the new map 'the Prison' as a great map to be considered for dbl3 pack. Me and Punisher tried it out today, WZ and spawns work good.

RoeM
(let me know if you need a link)

Yes please RoeM, link it here so everyone can take a look.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 02:53:11 am »

I say change the OICW/GL - I may not be playing next season but I've put enough time in to voice my opinon.

Oh and another interesting thing - why are these Island Thunder maps all of a sudden not a problem?  hmmmm

Shade, did you guys get an approval from Aspyr or Ubi soft in regards to the legal rights to the IT maps? If so, then I think we'll need to see that so we can put Mauiti's mind at ease if it's decided that we'd like to add those maps.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2005, 03:00:09 am »

Team Leaders... may I suggest that YOU download these maps and make them available to your team. I've posted as many of the links as I can find below. I'll dig up the remaining and post them later tonight.

We will pull the TOP maps from this vote into a beta Map Pack for everyone to try, but we can't pull ALL of them together into one pack for testing. To add all of these maps PLUS all of the other current maps into one Pack would probably push it over a 800MB download. It would also probably be full of lag.

MP3 Mod:
http://www.specialforcesclan.org/downloads/mp3.zip
- Polling Center -mp3
- Swamp Airfield -mp3
- Mercenary -mp3
- Plantation -mp3
- The Bank -mp3
- Rue de la Mort -mp3

Bar & Grill:
http://www.edgefiles.com/files/18081.html
- Mytoan Sniper
- Industrial

Remy's Mods:
http://www.remyg.com/p/RemyMods.html
- Mosque 

Others:
- Desert City (These are in the VIP mod. I'm getting this one)
- Mog City (These are in the VIP mod. I'm getting this one)
- White SkullValley - http://www.edgefiles.com/files/19673.html
- Outpost - http://www.edgefiles.com/files/16343.html
- The Farm (I'm getting this one)
- Great Wall - http://www.edgefiles.com/files/20382.html

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2005, 03:29:24 am »

Shade, did you guys get an approval from Aspyr or Ubi soft in regards to the legal rights to the IT maps? If so, then I think we'll need to see that so we can put Mauiti's mind at ease if it's decided that we'd like to add those maps.

We tried and tried first contacting Ubi whom referred us to Aspyr who never really gave us a comment so I think GhR is not exactly on Aspyr's priority list or they just didn't know what to say in regards to legality issues.

<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2005, 03:35:25 am »

Yeah i'm having the same problem Shade, but because Mauti has been in hot water previously with Ubi, he wont go anywhere near IT maps until we get a clear answer......so I'll keep trying and we'll see.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2005, 03:39:20 am »

They're beautiful maps and they would make a good addition to the mainly small maps of previous mappacks.

I think a move towards bigger maps is good because more tactics can be employed but the problem is you want to keep the mappack size to a minimum so that even 56kers can download it.

If you really know what you are doing I suggest going through and clearing out excess sound files and textures which are sometime sloppily thrown in with mappacks - sometimes that helps filesize.

Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2005, 04:32:23 am »

My vote on #1
Yes, knock down the rate of the GL.

Vote 2: yes these maps:

-Outpost
- The Farm
- Polling Center -mp3
- Swamp Airfield -mp3
- Mercenary -mp3
- Plantation -mp3
- The Bank -mp3
- SkullValley

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
RoeM

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2005, 06:15:00 am »

Here is the link to the Prison map Smiley

RoeM

http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1ULSAKR8LM82M3AQBL55JQPFIY
RoeM

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2005, 06:19:47 am »

Map prefs besides 'The Prison':

- Outpost
- Polling Center
- Swamp Airfield
- Plantation
- Jungle Prison
- Mosque
- Rue de la Mort
- Desert City (version from the x5mod)
- Industrial
- Blue Ghost and/or Jungle (from X5 mod)
80proof

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2005, 12:15:39 am »

I think out of all of the weapons the Socom needs to have sufficient damage added to it. The socom can take up to 4 shots to kill someone..  By the way im honored by the fact that your using some maps from the B&G mappack..

---Best Regards- 80
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2005, 12:33:28 am »

Map prefs besides 'The Prison':

- Outpost
- Polling Center
- Swamp Airfield
- Plantation
- Jungle Prison
- Mosque
- Rue de la Mort
- Desert City (version from the x5mod)
- Industrial
- Blue Ghost and/or Jungle (from X5 mod)

Can somebody give me a link to the XMod website because I thought BlueGhost was part of Frostbite.

And has Skull Valley been ported to Mac? - when we tried to make the *DBL Mappack 3 we wanted that map but couldn't get it.

Kangaroo

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2005, 12:54:35 am »

Ahh if we cant use IT maps.
These from the mp3 mod are taken directly from it.
However theses maps are in several "illegal" freely available mappacks played on GR so most people have them anyway.

- Polling Center -mp3
- Swamp Airfield -mp3
- Plantation - mp3
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2005, 01:08:19 am »

Yep - most people have IT as well but the problem is we can't include them in the *DBL Mappack until the issue of legality is solved.

[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2005, 02:01:25 am »

Even if we can't get official approval to use the IT maps in the new Map Pack, they will still (as they've always been, i believe) be on the list of maps that can be CBed on. We were just hoping to be able to wrap some of them up in one mod for easier use.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 02:08:33 am by [:] Mr. T » Logged

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2005, 04:05:28 am »

Island Thunder and Frostbite have always been able to be used - in the rules it states that they can be used "if both clans agree on it".

I think all clans would agree that Island Thunder is a perfectly good mod to use but that doesn't help with the legal issue - but like I said Aspyr probably doesn't give a shit anymore but we don't know that yet.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads