*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:14:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ghost Recon *DBL Map Pack 3 - Some Changes - Vote Now!  (Read 20894 times)
cO.twist

« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2005, 11:12:15 pm »

so...whats stopping them from doing it with 4?  On ghost town you might see a rocket or 2....you'll see 24 GL bombs within seconds.
{E} 357mag

"Just try and control me"

« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2005, 11:20:53 pm »

bad things about rockets tho is you have to reload after each one...... sure hope they make it were the timer tells you how much time you have left so we dont have to sit there and think about that why we are playing
cO.twist

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2005, 11:29:28 pm »

i dont even care about the rockets.....i was just saying something else that can be added.  The only one that i would like is the # of frags increased anyways..

and btw mag are  you talking about the time remaining on the wz?  I know i smoke alot, but i couldv'e sworn that it already did that.

About the whole GL issue...i really don't think we should take away from the game by eliminating the ability to spam...it's been part of the game for a while now, and strategies are different on some maps because of it. 

The only reason i suggested adding a few nades/rockets is to balance it out a little bit. 
{E} 357mag

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2005, 11:40:25 pm »

well i dont play x5mod but.... rob was telling me that it counted in secs, like if you dont have the smoke it will tell you that u have 30 secs left to get wz, or if your team has it it will tell u that you have had wz for 2 min 30 secs  ect., not just every min or so but in secs as well (correct me if im wrong)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 11:48:47 pm by {E} 357mag » Logged
cO.libre

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2005, 12:13:11 am »

just pay attention to what time the thing says "warzone controled for 2 minutes". mag, for example .. the horn goes off after two minutes and there is 4:08 left in the game. that means then that you  have to get the smoke by 3:08. it's pretty simple if you ask me.

another thing .. why slow the GL? because you find a spot that is easily naded? people don't spam as hardcore as before .. they are just good at shooting the GL now. if you get frustrated by a grenade hitting you then why even play? find a better spot where you won't get naded. the ROF of the GL has always been a part of the game. why change the game that we spend so much of our lives doing?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 12:16:30 am by cO.leen » Logged

cO.libre - The Chosen Ones<br />www.thechosenones.us
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2005, 01:12:22 am »

Ok, since we now have a good indication of what maps people would like in the new map pack, we have since put together a map pack containing a bunch of maps only

http://www.edgefiles.com/files/20513.html

– Some have already been mentioned here and some are new to most of you. It also contains maps I know some of you didn’t have a look at such as Skull Valley.  I really urge you to download this pack, especially since it contains maps that are new to most of you.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2005, 01:54:54 am »

i say if we leave the GL the same, then we should make the other kits a tad better, to spice it up a little...such as 9 frags instead of 6....maybe 6 rockets instead of 4....and even a little more power on the socom.

It would give a little more incentive to use some of the other kits, instead of relying on pure spam.  Just a thought.

So instead of lessing the one spammy weapon you want to make more spammy weapons?? I don't get it.

I say no to editing other kits.

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
cO.twist

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2005, 03:29:54 am »

you can't spam with frags dude..
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2005, 04:05:46 am »

Ok, since we now have a good indication of what maps people would like in the new map pack, we have since put together a map pack containing a bunch of maps only

http://www.edgefiles.com/files/20513.html

– Some have already been mentioned here and some are new to most of you. It also contains maps I know some of you didn’t have a look at such as Skull Valley.  I really urge you to download this pack, especially since it contains maps that are new to most of you.

Just to clarify, this map pack linked here, isnt anything we have decided on - it's just  a selection of maps etc in consideration as well.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2005, 04:33:20 pm »

About the sensor,  I deduced that it is something with the DBL map packs that causes the bug.  I was playing with some ? guys in a nonmodded room, and never had a problem (I was playing in this room for multiple hours) laying my second sensor.  But shortly afterwords I joined a DBL room and once again had the problem of second sensor not laying.
Not sure what we can do about it, but just a heads up.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2005, 05:11:15 pm »

They would be unrelated - the mappack wouldn't effect sensors unless maybe you were using the Socom which is in one of the Mappacks but if you had OICW/Sensors that is in Origmiss.

Hunter

« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2005, 08:23:39 pm »

You guys should really leave the GL as is.
It is part of the game. Learn to deal with it.

I feel so far that most of the votes on this thread to change the gl have come from players that rarely cb in ghr, or from struggling clans.

Are you changing the game to accommodate for frustrated players that have yet to learn to play agaisnt it?
If so, that's lame.

I know many active players agree with me about leaving the gl as is.
[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2005, 01:51:23 am »

I feel so far that most of the votes on this thread to change the gl have come from players that rarely cb in ghr, or from struggling clans.

Are you changing the game to accommodate for frustrated players that have yet to learn to play agaisnt it?
If so, that's lame.

I was actually the one who proposed the idea to the Admin team. I did so after several long time active players mentioned it in a chat discussion.

It's a decision that actually effects me as I am one of the dedicated GL guys on [:] so I don't take it lightly.

I'm unsure who "you" refers to above, but I hope you weren't including me in your comment. Truth is, it's a public vote so it's "we" who are potentially changing the GL.

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
{E} 357mag

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2005, 03:05:40 am »

well we the {E} clan have just dl the dbl3 beta pack and played the maps .some of our guys werent able to get all the maps b4 but thanks to ferret and saff i think this gave the guys a nice idea of what is to come... we are not sure if the voting is closed yet (cause i havent seen alot of voting on here yet) but if not we found other maps that we liked better...............
1 hammer to fall
2 prison day
3 swat training
4 farm morning
5 skull valley
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2005, 03:22:13 am »

Thanks Mag for the feedback, much appreciated.

Basically we are still taking suggestions - all the votes and suggestions will be considered when we make our final selection. The votes gave us a good indication on what people liked from what they had "seen", but any feedback from the beta pack and other sources will be appreciated. Hopefully by the end of this weekend we'll wrap up the selection process.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2005, 03:23:55 am »

If so, that's lame.

Well I know equally as many players who don't want it.  I wouldn't say being in the finals for 3 seasons in a row would be a "struggling clan" yet most of the :MoD: guys will agree that the GL spam makes GhR not fun to play.

Musk_Melon

« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2005, 03:50:44 am »

I like the beta pack alot.I just hope the final pack is not to big, as far as size goes
Kinda hard for people like me to DL large files.

Always hold on to thy Musket.
Hunter

« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2005, 04:50:19 am »

actually shade, you fall more under the clan who never cbs in ghr anymore...
But whatever, do what you want..

*did I not read something on this thread about only Clan leaders posting?
just wondering. I dont know how this league works too well yet.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 05:20:35 am by Hunter » Logged
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2005, 05:19:26 am »

actually shade, you fall more under the clan who never cbs in ghr anymore...
But whatever, do what you want..

The game hasn't changed much since we last played anyway.

z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2005, 12:49:52 pm »

Just played through the pack.

There are some great maps in it, with a true Ghost Recon feel:
The Farm (Day and Morning)
Hammer
White Skull Valley
Foy
Prison (Day)

...and then there are those maps which have the "chance" of just ending up like some of the maps in DBL2, which no one ever plays.
SOAF Bank
Mercenary
Swat Training

...and then there is this one, which is unplayable due to the horrible way it has been made dark.
Prison (Night)

To the GL thing, we say don’t change it. Seriously...it’s the gun that makes the most fun in the game. I tried some games with the moded GL, and it totally destroyed the game imo. The movement of the GL players was slow and everyone was standing in the middle of the open waiting for their GLs to launch. If you think about it, on how many maps is nadespamming really a "problem"? I can only think of one, Ghost Town.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 12:51:33 pm by z][t-Magnetic » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads