*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:25:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  *DAMN Battle League(*DBL) (Moderators: BTs_Mysterio, *DAMN Hazard, BFG, Civrock, BTs_GhostSniper, ~Po~ TiroFino, [a] LYNX, Phara, mesa)
| | |-+  A lil idea...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A lil idea...  (Read 10196 times)
Clay

« on: March 19, 2006, 12:13:30 am »

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen...
I Earlier had to try working something out with BFG... He told me to stop here.
I would like to represent Clans with lower activity, clans with few players and Euro clans...
This new cb System is quite cool to me but i would like to point out that's it's not very easy for some clans to manage do all the cb requested, so i was thinking that you admins should think about a fifth and last cb weekend where all the clan which didn't have time or got unable to do all *non-schedule* cb's could do them all.
That might sound a little bit dumb but here is what i think:
With this weekend all clans should be able to do the cb's they got unable to do.
What would it bring apart from giving another opportunity for clans which didn't got able to make them all ?
Well , With a week long time you can be sure that all clans should pop on and do the cb's because clans did well playing the schedules cb's  ( almost everyone was there )
Moreover it would add the possibility of having more suspens because no victory could be granted until this last week of cb got complete...

Well yes this is a last change for lil clans with a lower activity and i think we need this.
Now I hope this is gonna be under discusion with admins...
The fact that you SET a weekend of 2 days for all the cb's for clans to do the cb they got unabled to do during those *nonscheduled* weeks would get all the clans able to have a second chance...

I would just like to make a little come back on the situation :
-Po did 8 cb's out of the 8 they were asked to.. good game to them, kicking ass activity...
-We (7in) did 6/8 cb's ... As a euro clan, we did our best...
-cO. did 5/8
-* did 4/6
-.s: did 4/6
-[a] did 4/4
-[TRIBE] did 3/4
--W- did 4/6
-|3ID| did 3/6
-{E} did 3/4
--sP- did 4/8 ... oO
-c| did 0/8 ( even worst )
-Core. did 0/4 ...
( I have to wait for some cb's to be updated to fix this list )
I was wondering: is there a ratio which make you fired from the season if you don't cb enough ?

Most of the teams got unable to do all the cb's ( 11/13 )
I for example asked -W- once when we and them had a 3 players team but they refused because of GR issues ( and they were quite right because lag was awfull yesterday night )
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 11:20:04 am by Clay » Logged

ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 11:07:12 am »

so clay if i follow u : onl core and c have problems to cb

its not a big issue, all the rest did there job !!! and making a 5th week will finaly and up in a final b4 the final
personaly i like to cb for fun and if i start a competition on some rules i end it on same rules

gl hf
Clay

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 11:17:01 am »

Ghost, no offence but i care more about the united voice of the [TRIBE] team than the voice of only one member... Before posting, i think you should have a talk with peoples in your clan who played all the cb's and who cares about ( Bigbang and Narsil for example )

Asylum

Iceman

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 11:20:18 am »

I feel the old way of cbing was best.. - No Schedule, clans simply were online and asked each other.. I agree with Clay, because as you can all see - sP - is only still existing by the inch.. We cant run a schedule.

- Asylum -
Clay

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 11:26:40 am »

I mostly disagree with you Asy, I think that this new way of cbing this season is just cool
You have to be there like one day every two weeks to do the cbs...
Which went a big matter was the non-schedule part for most of the clan because they just didn't want to do it..
This is just a big disadvantage for clans who wanted to do it but go refused most of the time...

Tin

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 11:46:36 am »

Let's just get ride of the non-scheduled CBs have to be played before the scheduled ones take place rule and we'll be good.
WeedWacker

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 05:54:50 pm »

Let's just get ride of the non-scheduled CBs have to be played before the scheduled ones take place rule and we'll be good.

Yeah, by saying that unscheduled need to be played the week prior to the scheduled matches kind of makes them scheduled, doesn't it?

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
Clay

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 08:58:42 pm »

I totaly agree on that weed.
anyway, i dunno if bl staff pay alot attention to this, according to the comments, they don't seem too.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2006, 09:07:15 pm »

They tend to lurk in the shadows, read the threads but not often post for a little while until people have put what they want to say down on paper Wink

were you wanting some feedback? Smiley

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
RoeM

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2006, 09:12:15 pm »

It's just too restrictive. Having caps on how many times u can play a clan is fine, but scheduling when u can play em on top of that sux. Scheduling clan battles is fine to allign times with the Euros and Ausies and such, but it has to be coupled by complete freedom to schedule your 2 clan battles at any time you want without getting DBL approval, it just gets too confusing and hurlded that way.

Make Saturdays cb days and have a schedule, but if people want to cb before the scheduled day or time and get both over with let them. Also I think only being able to allow clans to battle in the one week they are scheduled should be changed to any time during season your unscheduled can be played.

RoeM
Clay

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2006, 09:12:44 pm »

Not really, i was soo sure that some off you guys would pop up with such a comment tho...
Well, just keep us informed about the possible changes, and the main discussion...

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2006, 09:20:14 pm »

They are probably all exhausted from the mammoth session last night! ;0)

There appears to be very mixed feelings about the schedules - some people like knowing that they are definitely going to get a game at a set time - others find the lack of flexibility frustrating and inconvenient... its hard to please both parties.

There are a few possible mixes though - for instance giving two clans a week to cb (whenever they like) but having a set time at the end of the week that the cb must be played by (or played at)

Another option is what you suggested clay - a 'pickup weekend' where all you can desperatly try and nail down any cb's you have missed before.

However whatever system does develop it needs to be one that doesn't leave 'one clan standing' - i know from experience how frustrating it is to drop everything, turn up for a cb only to find your opponents didn't do the same. Its also unfair on the DBL to sign up for ladders and ask to be included if you are then not going to compete or simply ignore the set up that has been arranged. That said i also know to well that its really tough for clans say if one team is from the West Coast of the US and another is from Eastern Europe.

It would be really good to have some more feedback from other clans and players on how they feel the system went - what worked and didn't work and why.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2006, 03:15:06 am »

I think having a "makeup CB week" at the end of the season defeats the purpose of having the schedule, clans could just hold off on all their CB's until the final week of the season and then start CB-ing like crazy, while every clan that followed the CB schedule gets screwed over.

My solution is: Ditch the season and hold a tournament at the end of every month for every clan that wants to participate.  I'm sick of watching clans that put their heart and time into this league and not even qualify for the tournament.  Whats the point in playing for all these regular season points when anybody could beat you when the finals come at the end of the season?   Its a waste of everyones time.  Whats the point of the regular season?  To determine who can beat and bully every other clan around on a consistent basis?  Who cares if your clan can CB like crazy and kick ass, I think people only care about that one important CB they get when tournament time comes.  Why not just hold a DAMN* tournament once a month and then clans can spend the weeks before practicing for it.[/color] Grin
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 03:55:38 am by PUNiSHER™ » Logged

WeedWacker

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2006, 05:49:06 am »

Quote from: PUNiSHER
My solution is: Ditch the season and hold a tournament at the end of every month for every clan that wants to participate. 

I agree totally.  Either Punisher's tournament or my CB limit idea are better than the current syste,m.  I have an even more novel idea:  Why not let the people who play the game vote on the way it should be administered?  this is probably the argument Macuber had when seeing  who was appointed...if you don't play the game how do you know what's best?

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
RoeM

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2006, 07:20:48 am »

Gotto say the thought of monthly tournys gets me excited just thinking about it. March madness in GhR every month. Yeah Baby! Sniper
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2006, 08:29:20 am »

It's like this - we face the same problems season after season that some clans avoid and boycott certain clans. Those certain clans just happen to be the top clans - clans that have already left the league because they're fed up with being turned down all the time. What's the point in joining a ladder, when your just gonna pick and choose who you cb? then avoid the top clans and battle the ones you think you can beat? Not only that, but then you have the little issue of activity and how some clans are more active than others. This is why this system came about. We wanted to give the community a more even and fair competition.

This setup is designed to 1. Give players/clans more reason to come on gameranger, which then increases overall activity 2. Get clans back into the habbit of clan battling. (the last 2 seasons there were very few clan battles and with signs of it decreasing more and more) 3. allows the scoring system to be fair 4. You play ALL clans on the ladder (how many times during a season do you miss out playing 3-5 clans on the ladder?) 5. Allow inactive clans time to organize their members to be online for cbs.

Quote from: PUNISHER
I think having a "makeup CB week" at the end of the season defeats the purpose of having the schedule, clans could just hold off on all their CB's until the final week of the season and then start CB-ing like crazy, while every clan that followed the CB schedule gets screwed over.

We want this competition to be as fair as possible. If a "BONUS" week gives clans this opportunity, then how is that screwing the other clans over? The non-schedule cbs are there to get clans into the habit of approaching clans and trying to work out times to cb on their own. I've observed how hard it is for clans in different timezones to arrange these times and it could be teething problems with this setup or clans simply not taking it seriously enough. IF we did have this bonus week, it would more than likely be limited to 1 cb vs each clan missed.

I'm sick of watching clans that put their heart and time into this league and not even qualify for the tournament

It will only be the top 4 clans in the finals, so the clans that HAVE put their heart and time into winning will be the ones in the finals. Those that don't qualify would have had equal opportunity and if they don't make it, well that's competition right? You either win or you lose, but at the end of the day we are trying to find the best of the ladder.

Whats the point in playing for all these regular season points when anybody could beat you when the finals come at the end of the season?   Its a waste of everyones time.

Erm, anybody could beat you in the finals? well there will be only 4 at the top. 4 of the best or rather 4 who may have played better than the others. In competition everywhere why do you think they have semi-finals and finals? To allow the top clans to battle it out in a more serious and last attempt at the tougher clans. I don't see that as a waste of time for the other clans who had their chance and if they failed, well once again that's competition.

Quote from: Roem
It's just too restrictive. Having caps on how many times u can play a clan is fine, but scheduling when u can play em on top of that sux. Scheduling clan battles is fine to allign times with the Euros and Ausies and such, but it has to be coupled by complete freedom to schedule your 2 clan battles at any time you want without getting DBL approval, it just gets too confusing and hurlded that way.

Make Saturdays cb days and have a schedule, but if people want to cb before the scheduled day or time and get both over with let them. Also I think only being able to allow clans to battle in the one week they are scheduled should be changed to any time during season your unscheduled can be played

Roem, you can cb before the scheduled weekend. Thats what I've been saying all along. That's whats mentioned in the rules, in the FAQ and in the emails I sent to the leaders. If you complete both cbs before the scheduled day (in that same week though) then you don't need to turn up to that scheduled cb in the weekend.

Quote from: Asylum
I feel the old way of cbing was best.. - No Schedule, clans simply were online and asked each other.. I agree with Clay, because as you can all see - sP - is only still existing by the inch.. We cant run a schedule.

Asylum, the last 2 seasons saw a decrease in activity on gr and clan battles. They weren't simply coming online or asking eachother as much as this league would like. There were a few clans making a good effort but it certainly wasn't a rounded compeition. People were saying this league is dead and making suggestions of hanging up our coats and devote our time to other stuff, but you know what? this league isn't dead and we proved that this week.

I think the main problem people are facing, is dealing with changes that make them have to think more seriously about this league and the competition. Well that's exactly what we said at the beginning of the season - Your clan has to be serious about cbing in this ladder....simple as that. There is the CQB ladder and other ladders to keep the less active clans happy. If you want to be on a "team" ladder, then learning to organize, plan and execute those plans into clan battling, is all apart of having a team on this ladder.

If we sat back and "let" clans do as they have done in the past, then we would be letting this league die. 

A monthly tournament for future seasons could be a possibility, but we're not going to simply ditch this setup....There are a lot of clans that like this setup for all the reasons I meantioned above and aside from a few hiccups this weekend, a lot of clans completed their cb's. Lets at least give this setup a shot, before we talk about ditching it.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
Clay

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2006, 07:29:52 pm »

This sadly gone quite offtopic from what i was trying to propose
My main point is that i would like my clan, and all the clan who wants it to see all the cb they had to play played...
I mean that we can no longer play the clan we missed, but the low activity tigah is pointing out is not really being helped if we no longer have the right to do the cb we did
For example, when i saw 3 -W- guys yesterday, I WANTED to cb, this could have been a cb more in the *DAMN league statistic, but infortunatly, a rule of the tournament just made me unable to cb this clan... Here the rules ( which i find great on the schedule cb system ) killed a will to be active..
Moreover, this is quite unfair for clans which did everything to get a cb, and who are not getting one..
How many time did i ask 3ID during the weeks before the cb's , and how many times did i got refuse : we even have an answerless post on their forum trying to schedule a cb ... I'm not asking to count them forfeit, no no, that would be lame.. I just want to cb all the time i get the possibility too and this restriction on non-schedule cb isn't helping me... I just want to play all the clans twice this season like it was supposed too

<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2006, 08:59:32 pm »

This would have been allowed clay, had your clan simply asked PRIOR to the weekend and if it had been scheduled between you and ~W~ for another time. The problem with wanting to do 2 cbs one after the other at the same time as your scheduled cb, was that we have a time schedule to adhere to. I don't know how many times I explained this but if you were having problems cb'ing certain clans, then you contact the admins. We would have tried to set up an appropriate time for both. A few clans managed to do this, and we got them the cb's they needed. We'll look into your idea clay.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
WeedWacker

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2006, 09:12:38 pm »

Clay, just ask us...we realize we have a small clan and whenever we have 3+ online we wanna CB...

RoeM

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2006, 01:58:50 am »

Yeah, even if it's just a pcb. We play for the fun of it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads