*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 06:18:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  *DAMN Battle League(*DBL) (Moderators: BTs_Mysterio, *DAMN Hazard, BFG, Civrock, BTs_GhostSniper, ~Po~ TiroFino, [a] LYNX, Phara, mesa)
| | |-+  A lil idea...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A lil idea...  (Read 10194 times)
Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2006, 04:47:52 am »

I see 11 Clan teams on GHR Adv. I would have like to seen a VOTE by each Clan Leader on how and what we would have played. The once-a-month Tourney I believed would have passed by 7-4 if we had voted on this.
Also if the Clan Leaders would have had a say on who would have been elected to sit on GhR's Battle league, better maps and gameplay would made this month even better. Heck..the clans that have won monthly tourny's could have one BIG Super Tourny.

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
Hunter

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2006, 05:04:14 am »

This system works and I appretiate all the thought and effort that was put into it.
With a small bit of effort to be here, ~Po~ got all 8 of their cbs done.
Being in a clan comes with a responsibility to come online and play.  Why be in a clan or even wear a tag if you dont even play? Why be in the league if you can't make time to be here to compete?  Even clans that don't normaly play ghr took time to CB us.  Don't come out and bitch about the league if you can't even come out and play.
This whole tournament was simple, we had a certain amount of clans to play in a set amount of time and we did it.
Clans that did not take it seriously missed out on the chance to earn points.
I'm glad you can't go back and play those clans you missed.
Maybe now people will take the next round a little more seriously, leading to more activity in the league.
Isn't that what we all want?
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 08:00:33 am »

Has anyone considered what will happen when clans are mathematically elimanted from not even making the top 4 when there's still time left in the season?  Why would they even bother doing a CB when there's nothing good coming out of it for them.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 08:02:09 am by PUNiSHER™ » Logged

<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2006, 08:13:31 am »

They get time to spend having fun in clan battles and practicing new strategies for the next season, especially  when they have nothing to lose.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
Clay

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2006, 09:15:35 pm »

Why be in the league if you can't make time to be here to compete?  Even clans that don't normaly play ghr took time to CB us.  Don't come out and bitch about the league if you can't even come out and play.
Totaly stupid, you don't have any reason to complain, just think about euro clans ? you want us out of the league cause we are euro ? great idea... but think twice before posting

Maybe now people will take the next round a little more seriously, leading to more activity in the league.
Isn't that what we all want?

Stupid again, having from 10 am to 2am at least 3 players connected didn't make my clan able to do all the cb's... How come you managed getting 2 cb's against 3ID, a clan which i asked more than 10 times too, even going to post on their forum, and only managed getting 1 cb ?
I don't think your activity helped you ... i'm more thinking about the luck you have to be on US timezone.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 09:19:55 pm by Clay » Logged

WeedWacker

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2006, 09:39:28 pm »

Yeah, even if it's just a pcb. We play for the fun of it.

Yeah, but everytime I play with roem on my team I have to resist the urge o TK him Smiley

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
Tin

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2006, 10:05:05 pm »

We are going offtopic again. To remind you, this was the actual topic:

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen...
I Earlier had to try working something out with BFG... He told me to stop here.
I would like to represent Clans with lower activity, clans with few players and Euro clans...
This new cb System is quite cool to me but i would like to point out that's it's not very easy for some clans to manage do all the cb requested, so i was thinking that you admins should think about a fifth and last cb weekend where all the clan which didn't have time or got unable to do all *non-schedule* cb's could do them all.
That might sound a little bit dumb but here is what i think:
With this weekend all clans should be able to do the cb's they got unable to do.
What would it bring apart from giving another opportunity for clans which didn't got able to make them all ?
Well , With a week long time you can be sure that all clans should pop on and do the cb's because clans did well playing the schedules cb's  ( almost everyone was there )
Moreover it would add the possibility of having more suspens because no victory could be granted until this last week of cb got complete...

Well yes this is a last change for lil clans with a lower activity and i think we need this.
Now I hope this is gonna be under discusion with admins...
The fact that you SET a weekend of 2 days for all the cb's for clans to do the cb they got unabled to do during those *nonscheduled* weeks would get all the clans able to have a second chance...

I would just like to make a little come back on the situation :
-Po did 8 cb's out of the 8 they were asked to.. good game to them, kicking ass activity...
-We (7in) did 6/8 cb's ... As a euro clan, we did our best...
-cO. did 5/8
-* did 4/6
-.s: did 4/6
-[a] did 4/4
-[TRIBE] did 3/4
--W- did 4/6
-|3ID| did 3/6
-{E} did 3/4
--sP- did 4/8 ... oO
-c| did 0/8 ( even worst )
-Core. did 0/4 ...
( I have to wait for some cb's to be updated to fix this list )
I was wondering: is there a ratio which make you fired from the season if you don't cb enough ?

Most of the teams got unable to do all the cb's ( 11/13 )
I for example asked -W- once when we and them had a 3 players team but they refused because of GR issues ( and they were quite right because lag was awfull yesterday night )

It's not like we want whole system to be questioned again.  We just want you to reconsider this rule which was added to force clans to  activity. It doesnt work like it was supposed to do.

You have to organize the other half of the required cbs on your own. You can setup cbs whenever you like, but you can only play your scheduled clans from that weekends tournament on the weeks before the round! So you don’t get a chance to play that clan again after the scheduled saturday and therefore you and your opponent go without those points. "

This rule was added to push you a little bit in the direct direction. If you should have troubles getting a cb going. Np just ask the *DBL admins for help.

We are facing the same problems that we had to with the old system. It will be always hard for certain clans to cb, i.e.: an us west coast and an euro clan will hardly get a cb going if a schedule system doesnt force 'em to be on at the same time, there is like 8 hours time difference. However, I'm not saying that's impossible to organize cbs on our own, though we need more time. Euro vs US Clan CBs can only take place on weekends.
In our current system we have only 1 weekend between the weekends for scheduled cbs to get 2-4 cbs done. That's rather hard, nearly impossible for small or euro clans. We need simple and plain more time. As I mentioned previously, let's just get ride of this time limit for non-scheduled cbs rule and we'll be good.

With a small bit of effort to be here, ~Po~ got all 8 of their cbs done.
No clan could get all cbs done expect po. What you do want to say?  We don't take enuf interest in this league? We all suck but po?
 If it was so easy, I wonder why only po managed it.
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2006, 10:08:36 pm »

Totaly stupid, you don't have any reason to complain, just think about euro clans ? you want us out of the league cause we are euro ? great idea... but think twice before posting

A) Nobody said anybody wants all euro clans out of the league.
B) Yes, there are more U.S. clans playing ghr... that's nobodies fault... and I'm sorry, but this may require you euro clans to go out of your way to cb under this system.

Stupid again, having from 10 am to 2am at least 3 players connected didn't make my clan able to do all the cb's... How come you managed getting 2 cb's against 3ID, a clan which i asked more than 10 times too, even going to post on their forum, and only managed getting 1 cb ?
I don't think your activity helped you ... i'm more thinking about the luck you have to be on US timezone.

A) It's not luck that put him in a U.S. timezone.  More clans are playing ghr from U.S. timezones which makes it easier for us to cb eachother.  Once again, not our fault.
B) This sounds like an issue you have with 3ID, don't take this out on Po)|.

No clan could get all cbs done expect po. What you do want to say?  We don't take enuf interest in this league? We all suck but po?
 If it was so easy, I wonder why only po managed it.

What the hell is up with people on these forums jumping to drastic conclusions... nobody said everybody sucks except Po)|... You guys could argue that Po)| only had to play U.S. clans in round one... but like everyone else, they too have to play the euro clans in later rounds.

This system is about as even as it can get, it's in the best interest of every clan to get the cbs done, whether it be U.S./Euro or U.S./U.S.... For example, if cO. skipped out on playing [TRIBE] and 7in- we pretty much just screwed ourselves out of finals.  If you put the effort in, you can get it done.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 10:17:56 pm by cO.luna-c » Logged

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2006, 10:15:15 pm »

Just to let you guys know......Po managed it because they came to me. Which is what I asked clans to do. Not come to me specifically, but to an admin and tell them you are struggling to get clans to cb. Po came to me and said "hey we can't  get clan A or clan B to cb us and we have 2 days left" So then I talked to these clans and asked them when they would be on and if they could get their clan on about at a specific time, then communicated this back to Po and they managed to get their cbs done in time. It really doesn't help to bring up problems after the fact, you have to let us know in advance. We are here to help you.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
Hunter

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2006, 05:22:43 am »

lol CLAY!

I NEVER said I wanted Euro clans out of the league.
Now I understand by your irrelevant comments to my quotes, that there is obviously a language barrier here.  Perhaps you should leave reading to the literate.
As to your other problem;  Maybe clans cb ~Po~ and not your clan because we're not a bunch of little asshole kids.

PS. I thought twice about this before I posted it. Just for you, Clay!

Tin

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2006, 12:48:01 pm »

Just to let you guys know......Po managed it because they came to me. Which is what I asked clans to do. Not come to me specifically, but to an admin and tell them you are struggling to get clans to cb. Po came to me and said "hey we can't  get clan A or clan B to cb us and we have 2 days left" So then I talked to these clans and asked them when they would be on and if they could get their clan on about at a specific time, then communicated this back to Po and they managed to get their cbs done in time. It really doesn't help to bring up problems after the fact, you have to let us know in advance. We are here to help you.

We tryed everything and we had thought we would get it done in time. Honestly, I don’t think that we could have done any better with your support. With huge effort we got only 6 of 8 cbs to play. We had serveral talks with the clan leaders, we posted on their forums, we stood up pretty long every night just to catch someone to play. I'm not saying it's their fault at all. It's just the big time difference which makes it hard for both sides to work something out. Even if we would have brought our issuse to an admin earlier, you would
have not been able to help us. That's mostly the reason why we didnt bother to contact one of you.

lol CLAY!

I NEVER said I wanted Euro clans out of the league.
Now I understand by your irrelevant comments to my quotes, that there is obviously a language barrier here.  Perhaps you should leave reading to the literate.
As to your other problem;  Maybe clans cb ~Po~ and not your clan because we're not a bunch of little asshole kids.

PS. I thought twice about this before I posted it. Just for you, Clay!

Reading your post makes me wonder if you can even think, Hunter. Take a look at my signature! It fits you perfectly.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 01:32:37 pm by Tin » Logged
Clay

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2006, 01:36:19 pm »

Mmmmh...

Perhaps you should leave reading to the literate.

Oh, well, since when the "literate" speak like those lil "gangstah's" from "da supah downtown"....
Omg Hunter, leave it , and go back reading a bit, i bet you need it.
However, you are certainly not a *literate* , those people have things to say, way more clever.

Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2006, 02:48:46 pm »

Clay, your post lost all of its validity when you completely took Hunter's original post out of context.  Nobody said that euros should be kicked out of the league.  It would piss me off just as much taking my time to type up a post that actually has some content that follows the topic (as Hunter's original post) and then for you to take the whole post out of context.  Really, if you can't read or understand words in sentence form, you shouldn't be making such replies.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2006, 03:12:38 pm »

Can you guys bring yourselves back on topic and the issues in hand please, there is valid input and discussion and its a pity when it gets diluted by petty bickering etc.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
[a] LYNX

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2006, 10:56:48 pm »

tin, contact an admin for the difficult cbs. i dont wanna say the admins can enforce a cb but, they can track the effort to let it happen. in the consequence the admins could (for example) count a cb as a forfeit for a non-responding clan. but when youre already calculating with extra-time to get a cb done (thx!), then i think it is always possible to find a time with both clans.

[a] LYNX
Tin

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2006, 11:54:14 pm »

tin, contact an admin for the difficult cbs. i dont wanna say the admins can enforce a cb but, they can track the effort to let it happen. in the consequence the admins could (for example) count a cb as a forfeit for a non-responding clan. but when youre already calculating with extra-time to get a cb done (thx!), then i think it is always possible to find a time with both clans.

To clarify this, we dont have problems organizing cbs on our own. It' just takes time, time which we dont have coz of this mistaken rule …
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 12:06:21 am by Tin » Logged
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2006, 12:34:39 am »

To clarify this, we dont have problems organizing cbs on our own. It' just takes time, time which we dont have coz of this mistaken rule …

you could save yourself the time by contacting an admin.

Ein

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2006, 12:50:33 am »

I have a sugestion that might work for next season... Have the scheduled days for the cbs as you did this season... But for the unscheduled cbs, allow the clans the entire season to get them done - not just the 2 weeks between the scheduled ones. This will give clans longer to set up the harder cbs and also allow them to play clans who have members on who they are not necessarily scheduled to play for that week .

Just an idea.

Ein
Tin

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2006, 01:07:19 am »

you could save yourself the time by contacting an admin.

I could save myself time, right, lean back and let an admin do what I could do on my own. But that's not what admins are here for in my eyes. It's not like we couldnt get in contact with a clan, or got rejected. We didnt have serious problems. It's all about the time, we had only one weekend to play all those cbs, that's why couldn't play all required cbs. An admin cannot do anything about the timezones, so I didnt see a point in contacting an admin.
It' all about this god damn mistaken rule. ( I really dont like repeating myself, but obviously I have to, no one seems to be listining.)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 01:11:18 am by Tin » Logged
[a] kitkat

I've got tone...

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2006, 05:27:33 am »

Clay.  What you are doing is called flamming.  You did not understand Hunter's post and you immediately resorted to flaming.  I have you Blocked because of all the nasty insulting things you say in Game Ranger so I dont have to see any of it.  I advise that you stop your flames and stay on topic so we dont have to see it here.

If you continue flaming I advise the Admins to give you a warning.

Please stay on topic to the original post.

Thanks - ~Po~ KITKAT
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads