*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:40:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  *DAMN Diplomacy Game ?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: *DAMN Diplomacy Game ?  (Read 24230 times)
Phara
BL Staff

*DAMN Battle League Admin

« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2005, 05:40:48 pm »

Sorry i've had so much work lately with exams and all that i might not to be able to play until friday again  Sad
maybe i have to miss this turn but i will try to get moves in for wednesday
oBlade

« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2005, 10:32:56 pm »

I won't let Austria invade you too hard, phara.

Dark, I agree about the move submission, but it's just pointless to play if half the people aren't included in the game.

Tin, the winter move is just the build orders immediately after the Fall turn (yes, I split the Fall phase). Since unit disbanding happens with unit building, those moves ("Winter" build moves) are due on Fridays. Retreat moves are due the day after I email you that you have retreat orders to submit. That means they are due on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 'cause I will email you right after I update the map.

I understand about the job thing, but you could just submit your moves a day early. Especially for the Monday submissions. Just email me earlier (I won't cheat).

Rules note: If you manage to miss a retreat order submission (by a long shot), I will annihilate the dislodged unit.

I am updating the map now. One more thing. If any of you guys need to take extended leaves, email me and I'll see if we can make something happen.
jerkasaur

« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2005, 03:51:31 am »

Woa woa woa, we've got some problems here.

If my Army in Serbia attacks Bulgaria (which it did), that means that while the Turkish Army currently in Bulgaria is allowed to move into Greece, but Turkey's army from Constantinople cannot move into Bulgaria, just as if a standoff were forced (which one was).

So Turkey's Army in Bulgaria must be moved back to Constantinople

"Units of equal strength trying to occupy the same province cause all of those units to remain in their original provinces. If two or more units are ordered into the same province, none of them can move"

And just to clarify, my Army in Serbia DID attack Turkey's army in Bulgaria. Why you have it writen down as a hold order is a complete mystery to me.
Ein

« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2005, 05:37:36 am »

i have the same problem as jerkasaur... I moved my army from Prussia to Silensia at the same time Germany moved their army from Berlin to Silencia... the moves should cancel each other out and no army should be able to move. It worked with the fleet moving from Rumania to Sevastpol which canceled Ottomans move into Sevastpol and my move into sevastpol so why did the moves not cancel out for the two armies moving into Silencia?

Ein
oBlade

« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2005, 03:24:00 am »

Actually, you guys have different problems. Jerk, the problem with your move submission is you did NOT write down "A Serbia -> Bulgaria," you submitted "A Bulgaria -> Serbia." Since there was no army in Bulgaria, I just disregarded the order. I understand now what you meant to write down, but it's after the fact, so sorry. If you hadn't made that little mistake, then yes, the two Ottoman armies would not have moved.

Ein, this is a perfect example of the use of the support order. Germany believed you would try to move into Silensia, so he used his Munich army to support the Berlin army's move into Silensia. This works because, even though Munich is not adjacent to Berlin, it is adjacent to Silensia, which is the province under attack. So if you calculate the involved armies, Germany outnumbered your Prussia army 2 to 1, because he had 2 armies. So, if Germany had not been smart enough to support his attack, then it would have been a standoff, yes.

Hope that clears things up.
jerkasaur

« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2005, 10:13:01 am »

Thats really fucking lame, I wrote those orders when I got back to my house at 4 AM after traveling all day. Incredibly tired and jet lagged, it was quite obvious which move my armies wanted to make. Yes there was a typo involved, but that type of shit would never have happened in a real game.
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2005, 06:06:52 pm »

Thats really fucking lame, I wrote those orders when I got back to my house at 4 AM after traveling all day. Incredibly tired and jet lagged, it was quite obvious which move my armies wanted to make. Yes there was a typo involved, but that type of shit would never have happened in a real game.
False, in a regular game you write down your orders, and typos (you wrote it down wrong) and mis-moves are treated as no moves,  just the rules of the game, read your email next time before you send it.  Its early in the game, Im sure you will be fine.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Ein

« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2005, 09:48:30 pm »

I appologise for my misunderstanding, well played germany... But you willl still soon be mine... Mwahahaha.

Ein
jhgfjh
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2005, 01:24:59 pm »

Blog link spamming will not be tolorated. first and last warning
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 05:05:39 pm by BFG » Logged
Tin

« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2005, 04:03:37 pm »

I appologise for my misunderstanding, well played germany... But you willl still soon be mine... Mwahahaha.

Ein

Nevah, Evah! You will never invade Germany. America, my big buddy, would help me, fo sho.

@Topic: As far as I can follow the rules we have to send our retreatment and rebuild orders today?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 10:03:25 pm by Tin » Logged
oBlade

« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2005, 10:24:30 pm »

Just build moves. No one has any retreats
oBlade

« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2005, 04:58:55 am »

Would you people GET YOUR MOVES IN ON TIME? I have Austria, the Ottoman Empire, and my build orders. Italy is out of the game for the moment, and Germany has no new things, so Britain and Russia...
Tin

« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2005, 01:15:15 pm »

Our map sucks ass, maybe we should try one of these mapping softwares …

http://www.diplom.org/Online/mapsoftware.html

@Blade: As dark already mentioned in a previous post, we have to become more strict on submissions.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 01:22:51 pm by Tin » Logged
Ein

« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2005, 02:30:17 pm »

Once again I sent my build orders as soon as I got off work on the day they were due. Unfortunately that was at 10pm. I would have sent them on an earlier day but I was trying to meet up with other rulers to discuss strategy first.

Ein
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2005, 05:24:30 pm »

Our map sucks ass, maybe we should try one of these mapping softwares …

http://www.diplom.org/Online/mapsoftware.html

@Blade: As dark already mentioned in a previous post, we have to become more strict on submissions.

I believe some bright spark did a clever mod of the google maps so that you could use that for playing this game - it would help if i could remember where i saw the info on it but it might be worth looking into! Smiley

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
oBlade

« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2005, 05:26:56 pm »

I agree with you guys about the map and stuff. I'll do something about it as soon as I can.

Anyway, the map isn't technically updated, but I posted the winter 1901 moves on the site. So you guys should check those out. Spring 1902 moves are due tomorrow. For Britain, Dark told me to build an army in Holland, but there was already an army in Holland, so I just threw the army into his unoccupied capital. If anyone thinks this goes against the rules, tell me
jerkasaur

« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2005, 11:19:53 pm »

:::grumble:::
Ein

« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2005, 01:33:17 am »

I dont know.... He had 3 unoccupied capitals... how did you know which one to chose to put the army in? if it was only one unoccupied capital, I would understand, but 3? Its up to you guys and I dont think it will make a difference this early in the game but in the future, if you dont declare an unoccupied capital I think that no army should be built.

Ein
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2005, 03:28:23 am »

sorry guys, finals are here and im doing all I can.  Ive been up to my ears in papers and cant even put time in this correctly.  Hopefully things change soon.[/size]

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Otto Man

« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2005, 10:57:45 pm »

Hey OBlade, i sent in my moves on monday because i couldnt get to school, just checking to see if you got them from me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads