*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:51:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  *DAMN Diplomacy Game ?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: *DAMN Diplomacy Game ?  (Read 24097 times)
Ein

« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2005, 06:25:28 pm »

Here ya go bfg, and to sum up, 2 nations almost gone, italy and germany. Two strong alliances have seemed to emerge-france/britain from west and austria/russia from east.

http://www.geocities.com/ublade81/?20051?200513

Gl to all countries
Ein
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2005, 10:41:19 pm »

Lovely cheers Ein... can't help but say though....

france/britain

HAHA OH THE IRONY!! Wink

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
oBlade

« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2005, 11:32:18 pm »

Damn sorry Ein. Fixed now.
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2005, 12:08:29 am »

Blade, didnt I move into the norwegian sea as well?

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
oBlade

« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2005, 02:02:55 am »

Yeah yeah fixed that too.
oBlade

« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2005, 04:06:12 am »

MAP IS UPDATED. Winter build moves (and 1 retreat, Austria's Tyrolia army) are due tomorrow (Thursday). Technically Germany has 2 retreat orders also, but he no longer has any supply centers. So RIP Germany - good game Tin. Austria and Italy are looking pretty bad too... with French troops in Vienna, and only 3 supply centers each. It looks like Russia and the Ottoman Empire may need to band together to survive the Franco-British alliance.

So, for build orders, France has 1 unit to build, Britain has 2, Russia has 1, the Ottoman empire has 1, Italy has 1, and Austria (on top of retreating that one in Tyrolia) needs to remove 2. After winter moves, Spring 1904 (years are going by pretty damn fast) will be due next Monday.
jerkasaur

« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2005, 10:22:13 pm »

Sorry guys I've been really busy recently. I just havn't had time to do any of my moves or consult anyone, and I don't think I will any time in the near future. GG while it lasted. Good luck Russia and Britain.
Otto Man

« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2005, 10:37:15 pm »

Good luck Russia and Britain.

hehehe, note the absence of Turkey and France    lol

Otto Man
oBlade

« Reply #128 on: December 16, 2005, 04:56:52 am »

This game is hereby cancelled. I'm a terrible GM - several people (me) have been violating rules, move submission has been rather crappy, and in general, I don't like the result this game produced.

I will leave the site up until we organize a new game. I also say that we need a neutral game master - one who is not playing the game. Until we get that neutral guy (whose job will be to collect moves and update the map and finalize moves and etc.), I'll organize the next game. Re-sign up if you want to play again. In the meantime, start advertising. It's possible we could play a variant that involves more than 7 people. For instance, there is a 34 player FFA where everyone has 1 supply center.

But anyway, start signing up for the new game. Sorry about cancelling the last game, but I really was a terrible gamemaster. The game we played wasn't wholly legal.

I'm down to play again. Dark and ein especially, it would be really cool if you guys played this round. Let's shoot for 8 people in this match (7 nations and a GM).
Phara
BL Staff

*DAMN Battle League Admin

« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2005, 09:45:32 am »

I'm in again and im gonna try get more time into this.

Phara
Ein

« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2005, 10:37:37 pm »

Sorry to hear that...especially when I had you all right where I wanted you. I guess we'll just chalk it up as a win for Russia... Hehe

Gg
Ein
oBlade

« Reply #131 on: December 17, 2005, 01:33:07 am »

Ha, I think you mean France. I was going to get all of Italy and part of Austria, and fyi, I was about to betray Britain and take Holland/Kiel.
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #132 on: December 17, 2005, 08:38:49 am »

what happened to winning as a team.  Gosh people these days.  I dont know if I wanna play.  I need allies I can trust.  The game is frustrating anyway.  Maybe if we could just play during the day and have a one day game.  I dont think Im in it for the long haul anymore.  At least not as a player.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Otto Man

« Reply #133 on: December 17, 2005, 06:30:41 pm »

aww, and i just made an alliance with Russia, hehe

well, if you dont mind i would like to play again as well, but if we have too many people i will gladly step out

Otto Man
Ein

« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2005, 06:48:37 pm »

Dark, it is a lot to fit in a single day and as far as alliances you can trust and winning as a team... Alliances are made to be broken and to quote Highlander, "In the end, there can be only one."

I don't know about playing in the next game but I would be more than happy to GM it as long as it started after the holidays. I'm far too busy to commit to GMing until then . I believe I have a well enough understanding of the rules. I would just need access to blades web page to make changes to the map as the game went on or at least a picture of a blank map that I could make a page for so I wouldn't have to draw out the territories and what everyone starts with myself. Updating an already made map is lots easier than starting from scratch myself.

Ein
oBlade

« Reply #135 on: December 20, 2005, 02:28:24 am »

Thanks Ein. We will probably start after the holidays, 'cause it's just not possible to recruit enough people to play during the holidays. As for the one day thing... what we are playing is a form of postal diplomacy. It would be very boring to sit at a computer and play a board game like diplomacy. It goes a lot smoother in real life, and you have to deal with actual people in real life Smiley People that you have to keep a straight face to when you say you will help them out if they are attacked, etc...
[a] kitkat

I've got tone...

« Reply #136 on: December 24, 2005, 05:07:47 pm »

I cant believe I just read this thread.   wallbashing
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #137 on: December 25, 2005, 01:41:44 pm »

To those of you who wish to continue playing this game, try buying the board game, it's great for some evenings with mates. Warning though, do not play with people who are easilly angered and never ever play it with your girlfriend...NEVER!

Also, I'd like to suggest the rule that Junta has(optional rune). Repeat "it's only a game" 10 times before you play. Junta is also another hillarious game, with some more features than diplomacy, but 10 times the backstabbing(the whole idea is to ru(i)n a banana republic and get your hands on most the foreign aid dollars from america and stash it away into your swiss bank account).

If you don't feel like buying Diplomacy, but want to play by mail, theres dozens of sites where people need more to play with.

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
oBlade

« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2005, 06:57:13 pm »

Just for some clarification, I wasn't cheating intentionally... I just messed up with some of the rules. that and if you didn't notice, dark and ein had to keep reminding me to move their pieces :\
oBlade

« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2006, 12:42:40 am »

It's about time for a new game. Ein, it would be great if you could be GM and play, but if you just want to do one of those, let me know. I will get you the site access info if you want to be GM.

Everyone else - it's time to start getting a new list of players! I'm ready for another game, and I think my friend Joey (Otto Man) would play too. Dark, I really hope you'll play again. A few notes about the game for everyone Don't assume the same of people this game just because what happened last game; e.g., just because someone attacked you or betrayed someone last game, doesn't mean they will do it this game. Try to think of players as nations and not people you know and trust...

And, if you guys want to, play the game a little more conservatively. It isn't necessary (though it can cause really cool things to happen) to blitzkrieg everyone at the beginning of the game. Especially if there are nonplayer countries you can expand into first.

Anyway, start looking for players. If you're interested in playing the new game, just sign up here. One more thing: No one will be the same country this game as they were last game.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads