*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:25:23 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Project Island Thunder for Mac
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Project Island Thunder for Mac  (Read 51610 times)
Ishmoo
« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2003, 05:03:23 pm »

Ok, so i finished the first mission by staying back myself, away from the problem area, and sending the other two teams in under AI control. Worked surprisingly well, actually. I'm just worried that this doesn't bode well for future missions, but we'll see...
bif

« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2003, 10:11:42 pm »

I have been trying to get this thing to work (getting the files off the CD with npack300b) but no joy. I only have an old version of Virtual PC - 2.12 - and it won't let me creat a windows 95 drive large enough to install the games directly, and winpack keeps giving me errors.
? is there any other way to get the MP2 files ?
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #142 on: December 13, 2003, 05:45:26 pm »

You could install the files on a friend's PC or at your highschool/college/university/ and then burn the files on a CD.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
bif

« Reply #143 on: December 13, 2003, 07:02:06 pm »

Mauti, thanks for your reply. I believe that is the course I will have to take. My son has a couple friends who are stuck not having Macs, in this case a benefit to me, and they have offered to install the game and burn me a copy of the MP2 files. Since I will no longer need the game, they will also gain in that regard.
BTW, thanks to you guys for having this site and the hard work on the conversion. I'm looking forward to playing the Island Thunder missions.
bif

« Reply #144 on: December 14, 2003, 06:28:23 pm »

Update:
I got all the files expanded using Winpack and virtual PC. Had to reinstall VPC in order for the C drive in winblows 95 to admit that i had enough room to expand the remaining files Mp2 cab files after it started giving errors. I had put them in the recycle bin and emptied it, but it wtill would give the errors. I have to admit that although this is my only real experience with windows, I am so very, very glad I can use a mac for any computing I need to do (another story for another day). At any rate, I'm now going to try the patch, I've got the Mp2 files over on my OSX machine, so here goes phase two.
bif

« Reply #145 on: December 14, 2003, 09:15:20 pm »

I sure wish I could be reporting that it works. I ran the patch, and even reinstalled GR and did the 1.4 update on the clean install. Island Thunder mod shows up, but when I select it for a new campaign, the game quits. And here's the strange thing, it won't run again. Have to install a new GR from scratch.
The Ike.log says:
***** User's system configuration *****
      CPU: 272
      RAM: 1024 MB
      O/S: 4136
Ghost Recon (RELEASE)  version = 1.4.0.0(0)
HAL (hw vp): : Mac OS A1R5G5B5
RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file ike_fx_fire_type2.rsb
Cannot read ike_fx_fire_type2.rsb
RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file lighthalo_effect3.rsb
Cannot read lighthalo_effect3.rsb
RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file .rsb
Cannot read .rsb
RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file \data\save\game\defplayr.keys
GameTypeFile: XML Parse Error - syntax error
IkeDataMgr: Could not load game type file \mods\mp2\mission\(coop) defend.gtf
MissionFile: Invalid XML root node
IkeDataMgr: Could not load mission lobby file \mods\mp2\mission\c07_beach_resort.mis
CampaignFile: XML Parse Error - syntax error
Cannot open file for read:
MissionFile: Could not open file
Any ideas?
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2003, 12:32:07 am »

When you transferred the files from VPC to your Mac did you rename the folders + all subfolder because it seems you didn't.

5) Proceed to extract all of the folders with "MP2" in their name to the desktop, when finished, you should have around 16-20 folders, you are going to have to rename all of them in a case sensitive way so that it will run. First find the folder "Mp2", there should be nothing inside it besides one text file entitled "modscount.txt", this will be the folder that you place the other renamed folders into.

6) Start renaming the folders, example, a folder named "Mp2_Video" would be renamed "Video" , then it would be placed inside the folder "Mp2", continue on with that process, there are two cases though that are different, the sound folders, and the shell folder. for sound there should be a "Mp2_Sound" and a few other folders like "Mp2_Sound_RussianVoice", that roughly means that you have to rename that folder to RussianVoice, then place inside the sounds folder inside the Mp2 folder.

7) If you extracted all the "shell" folders there should be a few like "Mp2_shell_english" and ones with a few other languages listed after shell_, you will only need the version for your language region, so rename "Mp2_shell_english" to just shell, there should also be a "Mp2_shell_art" folder that goes within the shell folder.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
bif

« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2003, 03:30:12 am »

Mauti, thanks again for the hard work and reply.
Finally, I it is working, at least I was able to get the mod to activate and actually started a campaign in Island Thunder. Strangely, after all the time I have put in on this, I now have to get going on a couple other projects so it will have to wait before I can actually play. Anyway, here's what I did differently since I last posted. When opening the cab files with winpack, this time I expanded the data2.cab file instead of data1.cab. I got all the Mp2 files, renamed them and transferred them to my OSX machine. I compared them to the Mp2 files I had expanded from data1.cab and noticed that the Map folder was 285 MB from data2.cab and only 26MB form data1.cab. Many of the maps seemed to be missing. It could have been the expanding using winpack, I don't know, but I ran the patch on these Mp2 files from the data2.cab and put it in the mods folder and it works. Hurrah, and they captured Saddam as well.
Thanks for the hard work you all put in on this, I now have many more hours to look forward to wasting on what has become one of my favorite computer games.
ps, trying to get these Mp2 files using VPC is a real pain.
bif

« Reply #148 on: December 20, 2003, 09:55:15 pm »

I just wanted to post one more update to my experiences with the Island Thunder for Mac conversion. I did it using the old VPC version 2.? running OS9 on a Powerbook G3. I wound up using the data2.cab files and after applying the patch, it is working great. I have only gotten to the second mission, so can't say that all of them can be played but I don't see why not.
If anyone wants help with doing this, I will be glad to share my pitfalls.
And thanks again to you folks that made it available.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #149 on: December 21, 2003, 01:17:14 pm »

Hi Bif,

I have only gotten to the second mission, so can't say that all of them can be played but I don't see why not.

So you didn't try to finish the second mission yet or do you have troubles to finish it!?

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
bif

« Reply #150 on: December 21, 2003, 02:11:44 pm »

I WAS able to finish the second mission and have just started the third, but not really gotten into it fully, just saved my team selection and the insertion.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #151 on: December 21, 2003, 03:18:35 pm »

So when you try to load the 3rd mission you crash!?

since 13th June 2000
bif

« Reply #152 on: December 21, 2003, 08:39:43 pm »

No, not at all. I just had not tried it yet. I am now on the fourth mission. Just finished the third this morning. It is running without any problem at all. BTW, I have OS 10.2.8, 1 GB RAM, 1.25 G4 DP, if it makes a difference as to horsepower in getting the mod to run. If you want I will test it on a G4/500 machine we have.
So far the mod has not crashed once.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #153 on: December 22, 2003, 12:31:42 am »

Lol I thought you have troubles to play the third mission and up. Obviously a misunderstanding on my side. Once the first mission starts all other will work fine too. Except the 5th one which has a framerate issue.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Cmd. Duke
« Reply #154 on: March 12, 2004, 08:37:27 pm »

Hi,

I installed Island Thunder on my Mac, as  it was wrote in the article. When I am starting the First Map from of the IT Campaign, the Blackhawk is white, and the new trees (from Island Thunder) aren?t right shown. Changing the Graphics Preferences didn?t worked. I dont installed the patch for IT, because other people said I dont need it. What can I do, that I can play the game with all textures???
Angry

Greetings from Berlin
Cmd. Duke

If possible, please answer in German. It would be easier for me... Wink
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #155 on: March 12, 2004, 08:47:27 pm »

Hast du einfach die PC IT files auf den Mac gebracht oder hast du dir eine "Macversion" besorgt? Falls du die Files vom PC hast solltest du auf alle F?lle den Patch verwenden da er einige sehr viele Files patched.

Ciao,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Cmd. Duke

Macz forever...

« Reply #156 on: March 12, 2004, 09:04:27 pm »

Hallo Mauti,

danke f?r die schnelle Antwort. Nun werde ich mir also schnell den Patch installieren. Aber gibt es Probleme mit der Kompatibilit?t zu GameRanger oder anderen Mods (*Damn BL Maps, Navy Seal bzw. SAS Waffenpaket o.?.)?

Gr??e
Cmd. Duke

P.S. Coole Site... Smiley
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #157 on: March 12, 2004, 11:26:35 pm »

Danke.

Nein ?berhaupt keine Probleme! Der Patch ver?ndert ja nur files von Island Thunder, im speziellen, verk?rzt er filenames, ?ndert Alpha Kan?le einiger Texturen etc, um IT vollwertig am Mac laufen lassen zu k?nnen(einzig und allein die 5te Mission ist framerate m??ig ein Krampf).

Gute Nacht,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Cmd. Duke

Macz forever...

« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2004, 08:52:11 am »

Cool!!!! Grin

Nochmals Danke f?r die schnelle Hilfe

Cmd. Duke
Cmd. Duke

Macz forever...

« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2004, 09:20:36 am »

Es funktioniert!!!  Smiley Smiley

Nur das meine M?nner von einem Whitehawk nach Kuba gebracht werden. Aber zumindest funktionieren die B?ume...  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads