*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 11:28:28 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Project Island Thunder for Mac
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Project Island Thunder for Mac  (Read 51692 times)
S.p.i.d.e.r.

Chasing a trail of smoke and reason.

« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2003, 11:20:42 pm »

This is my only problem with Island Thunder, when converting it, I ran the intro movie on the PC machine that I was using, it was running windows XP, and now, even after installing the codecs in os 9 and OS X, I cannot get them to run.

The stupid thing windows movie player does?

Still
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2003, 10:14:08 am »

Can you view them in Quicktime player!? The movie files should be a in a MPEG4 format you can run without problems after installing the codecs.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
S.p.i.d.e.r.

« Reply #122 on: July 18, 2003, 07:56:20 pm »

Running Quicktime 6.3 in OS X 10.1.5, and I cannot open the movie files in Quicktime player, not a real problem, just getting annoying over time.

I seriously think it was opening the movie on the windows machine that did it.

Still
Homer
« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2003, 12:16:14 am »

i got it converted on a .sit file i put turned it on and the enemies faces guns and skin are white and so is the helicopter and sky i mean white.... no detail. could you help. thank u homer.
 Roll Eyes  Embarrassed Lips Sealed Embarrassed
S.p.i.d.e.r.

« Reply #124 on: August 06, 2003, 03:38:23 pm »

Sounds like you either missed something, a few texture folders, or maybe you did not run the patch?

Still
grossjo
« Reply #125 on: August 20, 2003, 09:28:10 pm »

i just installed island thunder, followed the specs and everything but ran into a problem

when i start up ghost recon with just DS activated it runs great, and then i can turn on IT and play if i don't shut off ghost recon

if i do shut off ghost recon with IT active then i can't start it up after, the program won't even open.,, just the little black arrow under the ghost recon icon in my dock flashes and stops

one thing i saw was the place I got the mod from had one extra folder compared to your install instructions. .. how can i fix this , here follows a list of the folders in my mod package
actor
attachments
briefings
character ( this was the extra one, should it be placed somewehre else)
command maps
equip
kits
map
mission
model
(text doc) ModsCont.txt
save
shell
sound
textures
video

is this right?
Kiemanh
« Reply #126 on: August 25, 2003, 05:28:43 am »

I can't seem to get the village (4th mission) of the quick missions to load. I just get stuck on the loading screen for a long time. Any ideas? Thanks a lot.
Loot
« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2003, 03:59:36 am »

I didn't know if this question was answered but I ran into the same problem and i don't want to rename all 2774 files or so with the correct names (if I can figure them all out).
hello everyone,

unfortunately, i can't get IT to run on my mac.  i have the folders, ran the conversion patch, installed the mod with highest priority, and gr is version 1.4

i noticed that all filenames were capitals and shorter than they should be. for instance, on the cd that i burned on someone's pc the folder that should be "CommandMaps" is called "COMMANDM".
does this have something to do with burning the cd for mac and windows?

i'm using os 9.2.2

many thanks
mdimmm

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2003, 11:27:23 am »

Hi guys the problem is that you burnt the CD in ISO 9660format which allows only DOS names(8 capital letters) as default setting you have to change the settings to JOLIET that is DOS + Windows names then the names will be saved and transfered correctly!

@ grossjo: there is usually a character folder! I think the problem is that you didn't get the different language versions out of your shell folder. In the shell folder should only be an art folder and the string.txt not more!

@?Kiemanh: may you didn't rename the map folder correctly: the name should be "C04_Swamp_Airfield". I don'T have any other ideas. If the problem still persists please post you lke.log here after a crash.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Loot
« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2003, 06:58:19 pm »

thank you, i got Island Thunder working
on another note (ahem):

Just wondering, but once the .wav files have been converted to .aif files, do you have to delete or atleast move the originals (.wavs).  I left them in the sound folder with the .aifs and the game seems to be still reading the .wav files anyways.  But when I tried moving the .wav files to a seperate folder (in lieu of deleting them) the Ike.log would say it couldnt find any of the .wav files.  This is not a big problem but eventually Ike gets so huge simpletext doesnt have the memory to open it and when I'm trying to make minor changes (I needed to tweak some of the Map files in Island thunder even with the patch) opening it every time in some other app like Word is a pain.  Basically, this all sums up my question:  Do you need to keep the .wav files or not?
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2003, 08:42:13 pm »

Just delete the wav files. It will use the .aif files then.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Loot
« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2003, 11:48:04 pm »

Okay, deleted the .wav sound files, now all of the new weapon sounds (vz. 58 etc.) will not play.  All the other sounds (helicopters n' stuff) play fine but I think it has something to do with the equip files.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2003, 02:24:54 pm »

Aif files should work fine may you have used a wrong aif encoding!?

You should use the following settings(selectable in SoundAPP PPC):

File Format: aif
Encoding: PCM
Sampling Rate: 22050kHz
Channels: No Change
Bit Depth: 16Bit

That should help or you can download the complete sounds from Tim Leary's Website: http://leary.homeunix.org/

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Jerry
« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2003, 09:59:45 pm »

I tried to download the Island Thunder Mac patch today (from the link at http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~damnr6/tet/fullnews.cgi?newsid1047213617,6556,), but Gamespy only show a download available from their "premium" (pay) servers.  Is it supposed to be linke that?
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #134 on: October 21, 2003, 10:26:16 pm »

Just scroll down the screen and you will see free public server!

since 13th June 2000
Jerry
« Reply #135 on: October 22, 2003, 10:05:55 pm »

Ah, I found the problem.  I hadn't read the thing about Mac IE & GameSpy/FilePlanet's server not playing nice together.  It doesn't seem to cooperate with my Netscape either.  Sad  I'll keep trying.
Icculus

I'm a llama!

« Reply #136 on: November 10, 2003, 03:36:02 pm »

I am one of the lucky bastards that gets to reap the benefit of all of your hard work.  I truly appreciate every thing you guys have doe to make IT work on a mac.  I haven't done it yet but am getting prepared to do so. My firs hurdle is finding a copy of IT.  None of the stores have it.  They do have the Gold edition that has all three grouped together (GR-DS-IT)  what I want to know is do you think the IT part is usable for this conversion?  I know I can order a copy of just IT from Amazon but would prefer to get it els ware.  If you think the Gold edition is a bad Idea let me know. I dont mind aing for a wee bit more for the Gold edition.

Icculus

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #137 on: November 10, 2003, 04:37:08 pm »

If you don't get IT alone the gold Edition will work fine too because I guess it also has a MP2 folder. So go for it.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
S.p.i.d.e.r.

« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2003, 01:09:13 am »

I found my copy of IT on www.gogamer.com for only 10$ USD.

-Departement av sanne l?gner.

Still
Ishmoo
« Reply #139 on: December 09, 2003, 09:26:41 am »

Ok, so I've installed, and am happily playing through the first mission, when I move my sniper down to the second field, try to switch to him, and the game crashes. Some investigation reveals that there's something in that area that causes the game to crash, no matter which operative, etc.  ike.log reveals some missing aif files, but I've been hearing sounds (birds, guns, death groans, etc.)  Any ideas?

Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads