*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 08:32:28 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Project Island Thunder for Mac
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Project Island Thunder for Mac  (Read 51679 times)
eur.reddust

« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2003, 10:15:33 pm »

i have the same problem with a lot of my it sounds:
enemy fire, screams, animals and environmental sounds like wind and waves are played, regardless of the distance, at the same volume level.

quotes:
> that all sound is at equal volume, (enemy shooting is as loud as my own.)<
and:
> I had the same problem on a number of mod and found that converting the file to aif kept the job done. no need to modify anything in any of the xml files in my case.<

so i like to be clear:
does someone have the same problem? before i start to make great efforts i like to know if converting aif files are the solution?

thanks and greetings

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2003, 12:11:01 am »

For some guys it solved the problem. I never experienced any sound problems in MacOS9 but it should help. Just download SoundApp and you can convert the files within few seconds.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
eur.reddust

« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2003, 02:11:18 am »

yes! .aif format is the way to have the problem gone.

and btw.: looking into the original sound folder of GhR indicates all files are aif there!

thanks and grettings

DsgrntldArchtct
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2003, 02:24:14 am »

Firstly, thanks to all involved in bringing IT to the mac.  

Now for my idiotic questions.   (1)  there are two .cab files I expanded via winpack, data1 and data2.  They seem to be virtually identical, except two map folders are slightly different.  Does it matter which one I use?  (2)  After renaming everything into the Mp2 folder and running the patch, I can select IT in the mods menu, but it won't show on the campaign list . . . hep me, please.

dsgrntldarchtct
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2003, 03:05:52 am »

I'm a tool; I can't start a campaign because no mission folder was expanded.  Expect to hear from me again if I can't figure out where it went or why winpack didn't expand it.  
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2003, 03:15:31 pm »

Look at page 4 or 5 of this thread there you will find instructions which folders you have to use!

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
cheb712

I'm a llama!

« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2003, 07:59:03 pm »

I've installed the IT patch, I'm using the lastest GR update 1.4 and I've played around with all my graphic settings but faces, grass and helicopters are all white. The faces and helicopter have a little detaill but the grass is just a bunch of squares that I can't see through. What did I not do right?

Sorry if this is mentioned before but I looked through this forum and just didn't see anything relating. (actually i did but the 'turn up the textures' solution didn't work) My video card is a radeon 9700 and I'm on a dual 1.42. thanks for you help AND for making IT available. So fun even if everyones face is white.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2003, 11:33:27 pm »

It seems that you didn't rename all folders and subfolders correctly(see page 5 of this thread). Furthers run the easy install package of the IT Mac patch the codec package doesn't include the easy package.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
light hippo

I'm a llama!

« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2003, 07:19:03 pm »

Hi. I am having problems getting Island Thunder to patch properly. I have read all the pages on this thread and my problem doesn't seem to be duplicated?

I followed the instructions that were given on your site and page 5 of this thread and here's what happens:

I unpacked the data1 .cab file and renamed the Mp2 folders and put all the contents into the Mp2 I renamed. After transferring to my mac, I run the patch and installed the OS9 movie codecs. When I run the game, I can activate the mod, but the splash screen still says desert siege and the only IT map I can see in the setup screen is one of the MP maps (under multiplayer, all the maps are listed, but there are no preview graphics displayed.) If I try to run the game, it brings up the mission loading screen, but never advances beyond that.

When I look in the Ike.log file, It has a list of files it can't find- mostly .rsb files from the multiplayer maps.

Did I miss converting a folder or is something else amiss? Thanks.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2003, 02:20:23 am »

Well there should also be a data2.cab which may also contains some Mp2 data. Sorry I am not sure because I got the files from a PC with a full installed GR, DS + IT. So I didn't have to extract the files with Winpack.

Well so check if may the data2.cab also contains some Mp2 files and folder.

Second be sure that Island Thunder is below DEsert Siege in the options mod menu.

Third compare all folders and subfolders with the Mp1 and Origmiss folder and see if you may have forgotten to rename some subfolders.

If the problem still persists pls post your lke.log and what happens if you start the IT mp map!?

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
s.p.i.d.e.r.
« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2003, 04:04:14 am »

I thought I'd try to encourage more cmg to purchase Island Thunder, so I wrote a more user friendly conversion process.

http://www.clanmacgaming.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1783

Let me know what you guys think.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2003, 10:47:00 am »

Sounds good.  Wink May I'll borrow me one or two paragraphs...

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
jk
« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2003, 08:23:12 pm »

Hey, past mission five or so, IT becomes completely unplayable on my 1GHz PowerBook.  Frame rates drop to 1-2fps (not kidding!) and the audio breaks up.  Before this, the game's plenty fast, it's just on the later missions that things get very slow.

Any ideas?
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2003, 09:14:25 am »

As stated in the IT Mac Patch readme the polycount or something else seems to be screwed. Skip mission 5 with the cheatcodes you find at our articles section! Mission 6 will run fine again!

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
s.p.i.d.e.r.
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2003, 07:50:00 am »

Odd, I have no problems with framerates on mission 5, no big dropoff at all, and I'm  hardly running on a high end machine as well (600mhz imac g3, 256 SDRAM, 16mb Rage).

Maybe it's because I have my settings at a very good balance for my machine.

btw, I'll link a post tomorrow about mipmaping in mac ghost recon?
mdimmm
« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2003, 01:30:05 am »

hello everyone,

unfortunately, i can't get IT to run on my mac.  i have the folders, ran the conversion patch, installed the mod with highest priority, and gr is version 1.4

i noticed that all filenames were capitals and shorter than they should be. for instance, on the cd that i burned on someone's pc the folder that should be "CommandMaps" is called "COMMANDM".
does this have something to do with burning the cd for mac and windows?

i'm using os 9.2.2

many thanks
mdimmm

kdog

I'm a llama!

« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2003, 02:11:26 am »

Hi. I've looked through the forum, but I'm still a bit confused about the installation of IT. Sorry, I'm stupid. First, I understand how to change the folder names so they fit in the Mp2 folder (like Attachments, Model, Mission, etc.). But what should I do for the Sound folder? Specifically, what do I do with the Sound, Sound English, Sound_Music and Sound_Russian_Voice folders?

Second, the movies don't work. Like someone else posted on this forum, I get the Desert Siege movies. I'm pretty sure I have the latest QT, and I'm running this in OS X. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2003, 09:50:35 am »

Just Remove the Sound_ in front of each folder: English, Music, Russian_Voice it is the same as in your Origmiss and Mp1 folder!

You need to install the additional MPEG4 Codecs that come with the Mac Island Thunder Patch! Just click on the Easy Install bar and 2 codec options for X and 9 will appear!

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
SgtGunn

I'm a llama!

« Reply #118 on: July 10, 2003, 06:21:48 pm »

According to the instructions for conversion, there should be a "save" folder. I cannot find any type of "save" folder in the IT cab files with the MP2 prefix (as with the actor, map, and other folders).

Are we suposed to create a "save" folder, or will the game automatically generate one? Also, has anyone ever composed a complete list of original folders (extracted from the cab files) and the final names and order of heirarchy they are supposed to be in once they have been converted over for use on the mac? This would probably eliminate a lot of the ambiguity.

Thanks,
Craig
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2003, 09:35:58 pm »

Hi,

a save folder will be generated on the fly after first running the game with IT activated. But you can also create one yourself. The folders are the same as in Mp1 only that you have an attachment folder!

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads