*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:08:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Meeting-point for Finalists  (Read 15397 times)
Noto
« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2003, 11:41:08 pm »

The second round is running until saturday 12:00am CET.

Good luck,

*DAMN Mauti

I think you have until 6pm EST Friday, which is in 23 minutes.  

Saturday 12:00am CET = Friday 11:00pm GMT = Friday 6:00pm EST = Friday 3:00pm PST

It is possible that Mauti meant Sunday, which would give you all of Satuday to CB as well.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #141 on: November 15, 2003, 02:16:00 am »

This whole thread is so fun and so sad.

First as Bucc and others already stated a solution has already been added for season 6 as well as have hundreds of other changes that were discussed and formed by the worldwide community in the past.

Second it's sad to see that some guys think this is an "European" ladder where admins are only puppets and I'm Mr Evil who tries to live out his anti american believes. That's been the first time I have heard this since the BL was founded  3 1/2 years ago.

Well Noto timezones are timezones and I can't change that. The default times try to be as fair as possible and as a consequence aren't optimal for both sides. However if both sides agree every clan can/could change the default times. Further your solution was to extend the finals, I agreed to that if all other clans that played their final games in the correct timeframe agree. Not all clans agreed as a consequence the finals were continued as planned. Last but not least N and ! played their games within the correct timeframe although it was impossible.

So I have to ask myself what is this drama all about!? Is it to point out that west coast - european cbs are problematic due the 9 hour time difference! That's nothing new. Everybody knows about this issue and further if you look at the default times, they aren't that bad, especially if you play at the weekends. They are acceptable for both sides. Of course it depends if you are a pupil, student or if you have a day or night job. Few even have to work at the weekend so the times will never be perfect for all involved. However if there is a will the so called "impossible" can be done.

Please guys look at this thread from the distance and now tell me that you don't have to laugh!? To laugh about both sides! That these different points of view, that have already been known for years, have been changed to and explained as "The BL is Anti American", "The US admins, although in the majority, doesn't count - but the european admin Civic, which is an admins since few weeks, and me, Mauti, count as the one and only" and much more even more ridiculous facts. Yep even me is exaggerating sometimes when I use words like racism. All in all everything because of this rule:

Attention: in the finals you have to play! The default cb times are one cb per day - EUR vs EUR clans at 8:00pm GMT, US vs US clans 9pm EST(New York Time) and EUR vs US clans 10:30pm GMT(5:30pm EST) and if your clan comes from outside EUR or US the default time is 6:00pm GMT. # of players is up to you. If you can't decide the default # of players will be taken.

Smiling allowed and no the second round doesn't finish on saturday 12:00am CET to give european players an extra advantage(I highly doubt that any US clan would play an european clan between 3:00am,west coast, and 6:00am,east coast, have someone thought about this point) it is simply because this is the time I come home from university and then I can immediatley annouce the final final round.

Noto, yes I still have your new wording of the BL rules, which will be used for season 6. The reason why it wasn't added in the current season is that I sent you another new rule to reword for me per mail. I waited for an answer, which never came, and then I thought it was too late to confuse people with rewritten rules in the end of a season where everyone was already used to the current ones.

Beside our different opinions Noto I hereby invite you to join the BL admin team for season 6 so you can add your thoughts, ideas, represent west coast clans and can be persuaded that this league is far away from being a european dominated ladder where US clans are only welcome.

Good night,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2003, 01:06:10 pm »

thanks, Mauti, for this well-thought-out posting. I think and hope that it represents the opinion of the majority of the Mac players on GR.

One thing i have to add:
We've all tried to run the league as fair as possible, and to take the suggestions, problems and various issues that are bound to occur seriously. As it has always been, everyone is invited to place suggestions in a polite manner here in the forums or via email. The history of the League has shown that it has grown organically, always with the input of the players.

I hope that everyone's cooled their heads now, so we can end this fifth season without any permanent grudges.

*DAMN Elandrion

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
[one] Gambit

Protector of llamas everywhere

« Reply #143 on: November 16, 2003, 12:19:05 am »

Hi Mauti- I know its a couple pages back, but I wanted to clarify something I said to which you took exception. When I suggested yyou have a european bias I did not mean you do anything intentionally trying to give euros an adantage or whatever. My point is that you are in Europe, I am guessing you grew up in Europe, and you view life through the eyes of a European. That's all. I think 'bias' might have been a poor choice of words on my part, considering how this thread has gone. My persoanl experience with you through this website and the league isthat you have always attempted to be objective and straightforward with any issues I have brought to you... just so you know.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads