*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:48:42 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Why did you join a clan?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why did you join a clan?  (Read 8612 times)
AK_Rap1d
« on: July 25, 2002, 05:27:11 am »

Hi all! Cool ?

I been around this GR community for about a year and I'm getting to know the whole RS community (one way or another Wink ) and wanted to get to know why some of you joined a clan? ?

Me personally, when I first saw RS it made sense that you would play better if you played with people you knew and could interact with. ?So when I saw that that was already being done in form of "clans" and "clans" were battling each other in "clan battles", that just sparked my competitive side right away and I soonly wanted to get to know some players and have team. ?I was playing demo and apparently some of the other players around were thinking the same thing. ?And since other clans didn't want to take "newbies" into their clans, we got together and decided to represent as one. ?Typhy, being a very active RSD player at the time like myself, thought of AK and I saw a spark to it. ?I decided to backup the name and do my very best to help build our look, name and reputation. ?We soon had a big team and it was then I decided we needed a logo and did our first logo. ?From there we had a forum and we all shared thoughts and decided that we wanted categorys. ?So we came up with Assault, Sniper, and Assault/Sniper, along with the Leaders. ?That just made our clan a bit more organized with more ?meaning to us and even to others. ?Then we focused on doing what we originally had in mind, which was to learn to play with all members of our clan and carry out tactics we practice in training to the BattleField in CB's. ?A lot of these tactics worked and let us earn 3 wins out of 4 Ladders of the BL we entered (Thanks *DAMN Wink ). ?Now I found this to be the trully next level of Rogue Spear: The Game. ?As if after you beat the game, you gather teamates and play others ?online. ?I thought it was great! ?Now I keep at it and times I goto the battlefield and attempt to CB other clans and they get all dramatic about it, makes me wonder why they joined a clan, so ?I'm curious to learn why all of you decided to join a clan. ?Thanks. Cool
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged
WeaSelFlinK
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2002, 07:30:35 am »

...and wanted to get to know why some of you joined a clan?
None of your damn business. Wink
Bondo
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2002, 10:04:55 am »

I joined a clan so I could insantly bend people to my words...now kneel you subserviant wenches  Grin
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2002, 11:41:45 am »

DAMN YOU RAPID, this was supposed to be thread 5, not thread 4, you just screwed up my whole master plan to take over the forums.

Ok, any way, back on subject.
In short, i wanted to join a clan to be good.
Here was the logic; in order to become better you need to consistently play with people who are above your level of skill.  This holds true for all things, not just games.  The people who were in clans were by far better than I was back in my demo newb days, and I thought that if I could somehow join one of their clans, I would instantly become better (remember I?m a noob at this point, I haven?t grasped the concept of practice at this point in time)

Well, after going through a few demo clans, I got the full version of RS, and started playing that almost exclusively.  Now I found even more clans, but no body seemed to want little old me.  I still sucked too much to be a blip on anyone?s radar screen.  
About a month or two after I got the full version, I decided to start (TAF).
*Waits for the laughter to die down*
Well, as you all know, (TAF) sucked hardcore, but I learned 3 key things out of that experience: people management skills, how the different maps played out (i.e. where everyone usually goes), and most importantly, I practiced ALOT, and I got better as a RS player.

I was forced to leave (TAF) last may because I could no longer host games.  I then became a loner in the RS community.

But I missed something from when I played in (TAF): I missed the CBs, so I began looking for another clan, and I kept poking my head into all the clan recruiting games, hoping that someone would ask me to join.
No luck at all, but at least people knew who I was this time.  (Due to forum exposure)

Then I popped my head into a recruiting game for <FiRE>, while they didn?t say I was in by the time we finished playing, they did say come back tomorrow.  The same thing happened repeatedly for the next few days (4 days total, for those of you keeping score), and then they finally said that I was in.  As luck would have it, I had found a clan that wasn?t just about skill, but was also about being friends, camaraderie, and all that stuff (you?ve all heard it all before, why do I need to type it?), things that were severely lacking in any of the other clans I had been in ((TAF)came close).

So, if you are looking for an answer in that long rambling life story of mine, I?ll just put it out here plain and simple I joined a clan to become good, I came back to clans to be a friend

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2002, 12:26:00 pm »

I started |AK| as somthing to do, Started way back on 9/11. I was sorta mezmorized, I decided to start somthing instead of just pacing around the house, I had already planed to start it, and had gotten some people interested, I belive that Rapid came on 9/12. His first Rank was like 12 or somthing. However, right away I could see that he was the man that AK needed. I quickely promoted him to the #2 rank. I've never joined a clan in my life, just started one.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2002, 04:51:18 pm »

I joined a clan so I could insantly bend people to my words...now kneel you subserviant wenches ?Grin

LoL, not what I heard! Wink

You joined to get some friends and have someone to talk to! ?You ain't fooling nobody! Grin

p.s:  Beefy joined a clan cuz everyone else was.  He just didn't want to have to explain that to you all Wink
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2002, 05:16:36 pm »

Rapid, why did you ask us a question when you already knew the answer?

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2002, 05:22:19 pm »

Rapid, why did you ask us a question when you already knew the answer?

About Beefy, I knew about him Wink, others I'm interested in learning why they joined/started a clan. Cool
Psyks

An apple a day keeps a pc away

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2002, 05:37:07 pm »

I joined a clan for respect. Before I joined a clan they all said I was a n00b. Now that the clan I joined is in 2nd less people say that and more people respect me. Grin

-Ps?ks
Destructo
Special Forces

Bucc, take a shower you stink like Detroit.

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2002, 06:02:47 pm »

I joined so I could become a lead roll in the Soap Opera which is GR.

Now i just want to die in a boat crash while on vacation, and be casted off of the show.

Kami, I don't care if it is spelt wrong.
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2002, 08:44:19 pm »

I'd had RS for nearly a year, but had never played it much. I finally picked it back up and really started to enjoy the multiplayer aspect (single-player RS bores me so much that I'd rather stick hedgehogs in my eyes). Naturally, I sucked. But RS was all I was playing, and in a couple of months, I was fairly good. I think it was about another month of practicing and polishing, and people were starting to recognize me, which is really the point, isn't it?

I never wanted to be in a clan. I prefer playing a game to being compelled to practice the game. I'd been playing a lot with some of the guys from KoS, and really liked both playing with them and trash-talking with them. They liked it too, because while I was playing one night, four or five of them came into the game and arranged to be on the opposing team. After I killed most or all of them five or six times in a row, they asked me to join. I deliberated for a few days, then accepted because I wanted to participate in CBs. Unfortunately, I've been offline during every KoS CB since then. Blah.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2002, 08:58:21 pm »

Cool Story Loth! Wink

Well, your luck is about to change on the CB's since now you have a challenge in front of you by the name of |?K|. ?I asked you before, in a more heated manner, to CB, but I'll ask you again, in a more respectful matter: ?Would you like to CB us and if you do, will you like to have Rebel as your teamate since he has commented in the past about "owning" us?  It'll make a fun interesting battle and who knows, by the end we might become the best of friends! Wink?Thanks. Cool
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2002, 09:45:41 pm »

I accepted before, actually. I'd be fine with battling you, but since it's a personal thing just against Reb and I, it's not to be a clan battle. CBs are clans fighting, not individuals fighting. ::shrug:: Take it or leave it, as you wish.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
theN00b
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2002, 09:59:14 pm »

I joined a clan to develope my strategy skills. In normal games everything is so fast paced and random. There is individual stratagey involved, but not a team stratagey. The Best part of RS clans is that ou get to evelope team strategeys. For instance I taught AgT some strats that I am not willing to reveal. Well one. I know a bunch of sniping spaces that would seem unorthodox to many of you. But playing in an organized fashion to a "master plan" adds a whole new level of competition and fun. But it sucks when people catch on to a strat.
Precious_Roy
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2002, 11:50:28 pm »

I did not join a clan.  I co-founded an anti-clan.  I'd  like to think that makes me the bigger man, taking the high road.  But I doubt it.

(how's THAT for sparse brain?  eh? eh?  Long-winded my ass!)
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2002, 12:39:46 am »

Don't worry Cossak, for all you, the tactics are rush and die, at least they were against us, you've got nothing there to reveal Wink

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
*DAMN Snake
*DAMN [SF]

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2002, 02:30:56 am »

i started |deadly assassins| and well as assassin could tell you it sucked....but it was fun ?Grin ... then i joined CIA....bah! then rom cheated and i left then i made FBI!!! woot!!! then voodoo left so i left and joined ? KotA..then it died so i joined *D$ ?then it died so i joined *DAMN. hehehe ?Grin i guess once you start with clans you can't stop unless your skillz suck... Cheesy

I'd like to see things from your point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass.  *DAMN Snake

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."           in memory of grifter....may he R.I.P.
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2002, 12:14:22 pm »

I started |AK| as somthing to do, Started way back on 9/11. I was sorta mezmorized, I decided to start somthing instead of just pacing around the house, I had already planed to start it, and had gotten some people interested, I belive that Rapid came on 9/12. His first Rank was like 12 or somthing. However, right away I could see that he was the man that AK needed. I quickely promoted him to the #2 rank. I've never joined a clan in my life, just started one.

right....wait....what??? If Typhy started AK, then why the hell is Rapid leader. Why would you step down from leader status Typhy?? That does not compute...

Don't worry Cossak, for all you, the tactics are rush and die, at least they were against us, you've got nothing there to reveal

hey typhy, maybe you guys should stop givin me excuses every time i ask u guys to cb and then when im not on u go and challenge some of my lesser skilled players, that is shamefull bs if you ask me.

i started |deadly assassins| and well as assassin could tell you it sucked....but it was fun ? ... then i joined CIA....bah! then rom cheated and i left then i made FBI!!! woot!!! then voodoo left so i left and joined ? KotA..then it died so i joined *D$ ?then it died so i joined *DAMN. hehehe ?Grin i guess once you start with clans you can't stop unless your skillz suck...

"We" started FBI ?Wink

Just some friendly spam control from your local moderator. - assassin

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2002, 12:34:39 pm »

Hey Voods, it's a joke! That's why the winkey face is there! Yes, I would love to get in another cb against you guys, please contact one of my memebers on GR, perhaps a 3v3? - Also, the reason why Rapid is the leader is because I steped down when I got Urban Ops, then other members got it, I returned, Rapid, Monk and I worked out a role for me where they would be the two leaders, and I would be the assult commander, Yes, a leader our ranks me, However, he understands that I am an inportant member, and when he decides somthing that I disagree with, if we talk it over, he will change it somtimes. I am fine with this, I am allowed to Recruit/scout, Command battles, be a member of Battles, and I have head Trainer of our assult team.

*DAMN Silent Killer
*DAMN
Forum Whore

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2002, 01:36:21 pm »

I think i mainly joined all the clans i was in to get to know people better on the R6/RS community

First a Loooooong as time ago Deamon(havent seen in a year lol) and I created the clan *KaSaP* and we  were rivals with GaB and the old *POD*

Than after that died I created RW which had some good players myselve my bro brewski and others

Than that died and KaSaP was alive again lol

(About this time Bander told me he would get me into *DAMN)

Than that died and RW was alive again

Than that died and I joined #BONE becasue my old bud Vapor wanted me in

Than Vapor left #BONE and gave #BONE to marrow and that fell apart right away lol marrow Grin

Than Mauti/Bander invited me into *DAMN which totaly Owns and i have been here sence

SK

Qotes of the week!
?TF6*Kilzo!: I just watched sk own him, and typhy gave up
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads