*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:43:10 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Why did you join a clan?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why did you join a clan?  (Read 8611 times)
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2002, 06:26:21 pm »

*Wonders if Mauti and Bander knew about SK's disrespectful side towards other people and clans like mine*
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2002, 01:47:08 am »

Lol, I dunno, personaly, I try not to judge anyone by what they say or do on the forums, This is a place where people just post things, in real time chat, they are often a lot diffrent. KoS Rebel is a perfect example, I hate him in these foums, however, on AIM, I think he's a great guy, he will give me IPs etc. I'v never really talked to SK on real time chat, he might be much diffrent.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2002, 01:57:03 am »

Well, a brief history of me on GameRanger: I started out with an account somwhere in the 200s, back a long time ago, my brother and I shared it, he played Bolo, I played Chess and Stretega. We then moved on to account 9551. We shared that for most of the time, switching between the names Deadlock ( me ) and Typhoon ( him ), he then got his own Dual 500mhz G4. He left the 9551 account to me, he then got a new account on his G4, but eventually gave up GameRanger for that evil operating system, aka OSX. I got a new machine soon after, as well as the cable, so I lost account 9551 and moved onto 61290, This is my commen Rogue Spear account, I started |?K| on 9/11, and you all know the story of |?K|, I also had another Rogue Spear account before that, however, it would get me killed if I told you the account ID, or the name, Let's just say, it met a sad and painful death. And also say, all you Vets knew it to well.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
?AgT? Colin
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2002, 04:24:16 am »

I woke up and some people were yelling at me. Then I was in AgT.
Kilzo
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2002, 10:26:36 am »

Hmmm, well I first joined a clan to be part of the bigger picture, <SAS> was my first clan. After that Cossak my nizzo left to become ?K, so I left with him and joined ?K as well. That was a fun clan with good teamwork and cool ppl. (You all may have different opinions, thats fine just keep them to yourself).

After that me and Cossack decided we should start our own clan, we then formed TASK, which actually did well, taking 2nd in BL after ?K. After TASK died (mainly because I let in too many loudmouth ppl, and some ppl had power trips) I created D$.

Now I left the clan I started to some idiot One, we were supposed to disban the clan, but once I left, he kept it...lmao....the unoriginal fool keeping my words, and my icon...that is why I hate you!!!

Now I am once again with my nizzo Cossack in ??gT?

went a little off topic but I basically joined to be part of a team. To bad not many ppl know what teamwork is out there.

Kilzo
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2002, 06:33:54 am »

Heh, these are all pretty classic stories Wink ?

Let's see if we get more people to share their thoughts in a indepth way as well... Smiley
MacMan

Dyslexics UNTIE!!

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2002, 09:06:44 am »

A friend of mine was asked to join |NS| somewhere in September/october. At the same time Snipe started a clan (very short-lived) by the name of <NiteStrike> (bah). He asked me to join, since i'd played a good amount of games with him, and probably looked rather good. After about a week i had an oppertunity to join the clan i really wanted into, |NS|, so i did that (leaving a pretty sore Snipe behind, with a 2-man clan).
So now i was in a clan with the person i played best with, Dominator. When most of the leadership of |NS| went inactive, and we were practically the only ones ever online, we decided to start our own clan, the good old |OS| (at about that time Dominator changed his name to Godfather).
Well, as to why we started it.
1: We couldn't/didn't want to take over |NS|, though it would have been possible, with leadership as weak as it was.
2: It's just so much easier to be able to make you own decisions about clanbattles, clansites, etcetera ad nauseum.
A clan, IMHO, gives you the best oppertunity to work as a team, refine your skills, and make friends.
It's also something basic that seems to be in the mind of every person, to be part of something bigger, so as to be released of the feeling that you, alone, are insignificant.
Deny that last part as you wish, but i'm sure that a large percentage of you has, conciously or subconciously, felt that way, and allowed it to be part of the decision. In all honesty i must admit that i most likely have done so (subconciously).

Last of all, please forgive my sometimes horrible Grammar and/or choice of words, i've got a hangover, and my english desperately needs polishing.

MacMan - 10-4, out.

I love deadlines. I'm especially fond of the swooshing sound they make as they go by.
- Douglas Adams
one
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2002, 05:37:44 pm »

ok Kilzo I got the picture...I'm trying to make a new icon with photoshop right now...but *D$ I can't change maybe....

ok, back to the topic
My first clan was in R6, it was called <=??>=, and it was started by Zom@r. It had 4 members , me(W?Ve or ?Ne),Mr. Sparkle, Mr Jackal, ad Zom@r it was a sweet clan, but than an argument broke out over a tourney with me and Zomar and it disbanded...than came RS
I joined TASK than it died =(, than kilzo and me kind of started *D$ and than Kilzo left and I started to run the clan...sorry kilzo if this bothers you, I was thinking of making a new clan but its too much work for me now =|
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2002, 05:56:14 pm »

i was in <Mi6> for a long ass time... then badboy decided to make a clan, *boom. the only good thing that came fromthat clan was me and pyrex meeting... after *boom disolved, mi6 disolved soon after. Leaving bigpat clanless, bigpat is one of my really close friends in real life, and we have a good sense of humor so we started a joke clan (unt, not really out of any reason except the tag looked cool... then we had to deside what cunt would stand for (crazy urban noob tkers). then bigpat lured pyrex into the clan with promises of candy. so we became a real clan.

Now i look back and think how great it is to be in a clan surrounded by great funny people. Having fun is why we join clans, and its great that cunt worked out

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Wombat

I'm Naked.

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2002, 10:58:40 pm »

My First clan was *DA, Damn Agents.  For those of you who remember them (the real DA not the ones that became DAF) then your awesome, the rest are n00bish.  I joined it because i wanted to join DAMN.  DAMN played a lot at that time especially Rogue Spear.  Not to mention I had friends in Mauti, bander, and Postal Worker.  I turned out to like DA more however but it was torn apart by the leaders who wanted to be the leaders of DAMN or whatever.  I was thought to be part of this, no hard feelings.  Anyway if you want to talk Soap Opera Dest taht was probably the best one. I wanted to join DAMN because i wanted to have that respect and i wanted to CB.

iMac 800 Mhz 17" Flatscreen LCD, 512 MB RAM, GeForce 4 MX 32 MB VRAM
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2002, 07:20:57 pm »

Well, since I feel like I'm the "host" of this thread, I gotta say you all gave pretty honestly good reasons.  There's a lot more of you out there so let's start hearing your reasons on why you made the next step to join a clan.
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2002, 07:27:31 pm »

My First clan was *DA, Damn Agents. ?For those of you who remember them (the real DA not the ones that became DAF) then your awesome, the rest are n00bish. ?I joined it because i wanted to join DAMN. ?DAMN played a lot at that time especially Rogue Spear. ?Not to mention I had friends in Mauti, bander, and Postal Worker. ?I turned out to like DA more however but it was torn apart by the leaders who wanted to be the leaders of DAMN or whatever. ?I was thought to be part of this, no hard feelings. ?Anyway if you want to talk Soap Opera Dest taht was probably the best one. I wanted to join DAMN because i wanted to have that respect and i wanted to CB.

Yeah, that was a biggie *looks at faus and glad*

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
KoS PY.nq.ict
Forum Whore

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2002, 07:46:09 pm »

I admit that when I was a noob I joined clans because most of everyone else was in one.....Then I was offered a position in Mi6...at the time I had no idea what I was getting into to....after Mi6 temporarily disbanded Jeb and Pat offered me to help them start up ?(uNt?...at this point I was a more experienced player and joined ?(uNt? strictly becuase I liked jeb and pat and knew them from Mi6. They told me that ?(uNt? wasn't going to be a competitive clan like |?K|...just a group of guys having fun...I wish it could be more fun where you join games and joke around...Frankly I'm tired of getting pm's from "noob" clans asking us to cb....I'd like to keep cbing to the clans we know and love (KoS, AgT, Nads, etc.) since its a little more challenging....AK is not one of them...so Rapid...that's why I joined a clan and the next time you see me on gr...try to say hello instead of starting a fight...helps to make gr a better place

(uNt 2001-2003 Long live the memories.

"|MP|Cringe.jNu.X.3: no smoke, us white people dont eat dog"- This quote brought to you by Assmasters Anonymous.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2002, 01:37:21 am »

Well, we just really wish that you would fight, That's why I think that we need some kind of chalange system, if a clan is on the Battle League, then they should be battling all clans, not just the ones that they're friends with, part of a Battle League is to do competitive battles, not just play around as a joke, I have nothing against that, however, if you guys plan to be on the ladder, then you should be battling all clans, if you wern't on the ladder, we wouldn't care at all that you won't battle, it's the fact that you're on the ladder, and will battle some clans. A Battle League represents competition between clans, not just playing against your friends for a joke game, etc. If you get my point, Just my thoughts.

-Typhy

Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2002, 09:24:28 am »

Typhy
arent you so far above cunt that it wouldnt matter if you won?
if so, why do you care if you battle them or not?

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2002, 12:58:44 pm »

Brain:

1.) For the points.

2.) We like to battle, and they're an active clan, when there are other clans on, we will always ask them, and ask (unt last. It just frusterates us that they won't battle against us.

3.) Jeb's reasoning for not battling against us are: "You take the game to seriously, besides there are  better clans out there for us to battle against".

4.) They complain about how laggy the battle that we did for MaG was where we beat them 6-1 was, and they say that they would've won had it not been laggy etc.

Those are the main reason, the first one is the biggest one.

-Typhy

*DAMN Silent Killer
*DAMN
Forum Whore

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2002, 03:30:21 pm »

My First clan was *DA, Damn Agents. ?For those of you who remember them (the real DA not the ones that became DAF) then your awesome, the rest are n00bish. ?I joined it because i wanted to join DAMN. ?DAMN played a lot at that time especially Rogue Spear. ?Not to mention I had friends in Mauti, bander, and Postal Worker. ?I turned out to like DA more however but it was torn apart by the leaders who wanted to be the leaders of DAMN or whatever. ?I was thought to be part of this, no hard feelings. ?Anyway if you want to talk Soap Opera Dest taht was probably the best one. I wanted to join DAMN because i wanted to have that respect and i wanted to CB.

Yah *DA owned not the new DAF or whatever they had a cool icon to like the FBI guy or something in a suit

But than the trator night

looks over***

SK

Qotes of the week!
?TF6*Kilzo!: I just watched sk own him, and typhy gave up
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2002, 04:40:57 pm »

omfg, i get back from vacation... 30 mins later i read this bs
welcome back i guess
typhy the reasoning for not cbing you is because you take RS way to seriously, plus you bother me a whole lot about cb you. You do take the fun out of my day online by pestering me over and over about cbing.
but basicaly i told you at least 10 times to not bother me about cbing. and you didn't listen.

to all you people who aren't to dense to listen.
IF WE WANT TO CB WE WILL COME TO YOU.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
KoS PY.nq.ict
Forum Whore

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2002, 12:03:08 am »

Yea jeb what a wonderful vacation...hittin up on mysterious waitressess with your grandmother  Huh LMAO..jk Grin....Typhy when I say that we like to joke around I don't mean that we NEVER cb.....We just don't take it as seriously as you do....LIVE WITH THAT....NOT EVERYONE IS COMPETITIVE.....and the cb's we do have..are fun, enjoyable, and with people we WANT to cb....As jeb says...plz stop pestering us

(uNt 2001-2003 Long live the memories.

"|MP|Cringe.jNu.X.3: no smoke, us white people dont eat dog"- This quote brought to you by Assmasters Anonymous.
?(uNt?YodaTi.Hfa

Flames not a noob but he sucks.

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2002, 04:38:03 pm »

The first clan i was ever in was |NEB|. A rsd noob clan (after all i was a noob) mostly concerned with keeping to itself and teaching noobs to play better (in short it sucked.) After NEB died i joined [G.B.] ?all of the players in G.B. were horible so i kept away from them. G.B. was the veteran noob clan. When Mainman started acting like a PoS to me i left shortly after G.B. died. After that i went solo for awile then i helped start T?p (probably the worst idea ever) it died in about... 1 1/2 weeks. Again i went solo. Then i joined +S?fu+. I may be out of this clan soon also though because Meth is getting ready to boot me because i refuse to curse |?K| Huh ?i dont understand what everyone has against ?K but, alas that is a different topic. ? ? ?

DIE METH DIE!!!! ? ? Roll Eyes

Well today it wasa made official i am booted. Huh

"Friends, respect yourselves as men, respect each other in the moil of battle! Men with a sense of shame survive more often then they perish. Those who [flee] have neither fighting power nor any honor."        -Argives; Homer's Iliad
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads