*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:51:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AK - Nixon ISSUE CLOSED ON 12.5.2002  (Read 19468 times)
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2002, 03:15:57 pm »

Grifter, I dissagree, There was no reason to bring this up, it just goes to show that if you really want to get someone in trouble you usually can.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Bondo
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2002, 03:19:51 pm »

Here's the short and long of it, this is the DAMN Battle League which is entirely seperate from the United States, Professional sports leagues, and any other real life comparison you could make. ?Just because something happens one way in real life doesn't make it a precedent that we must observe in making our punishments.

Rapid, yes Typhy is banned from all clans as he is banned from taking any part in the BL for three months. ?And Grift, I believe I've made myself clear about individual punishment. ?The fact that he can cheat his way out of the punishment shouldn't be a factor in the punishment's merit, there will always be things beyond our control. ?But for you to think it can't work is to ignore that it has, for the most part, worked with Romulus who was given an individual ban (the fact that the clan he was in was booted as well didn't make it any harder for him to try and violate his punishment). ?In terms of being fair, offereing a chance at recovery in those involved, and IMO in being effective, my punishment is the best. ?If we were to just boot AK, there is unfair punishment, no chance at recovery, and they could just start up a new clan. ?Also, AK has now taken the steps to prevent the act and to punish the act so they shouldn't be held responsible for it. ?So my view is, Typhy gets his punishment and that is that, end of story.

Typhy, about your punishment hurting you, well duh, otherwise it wouldn't be a punishment.  And I think my suggested punishment is extremely fair.  You have to consider that my punishment is likely less than what Sin would suggest.
Grifter
God bless the freaks

Detroit, where the weak are killed and eaten

« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2002, 03:24:56 pm »

Isn't that best asked to your clan? ?As they are the ones that decided upon it....

Typhy, it seems like the question to the Admins is: if AK isn't taking care of things what (if anything) will they do to AK? ?AK is being given the chance to circumvent any potential problem by takinng care of itself.... ?What they decide is really between you and them... no? ?

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2002, 03:44:24 pm »

And Grift, I believe I've made myself clear about individual punishment. ?The fact that he can cheat his way out of the punishment shouldn't be a factor in the punishment's merit, there will always be things beyond our control. ?But for you to think it can't work is to ignore that it has, for the most part, worked with Romulus who was given an individual ban (the fact that the clan he was in was booted as well didn't make it any harder for him to try and violate his punishment). ?In terms of being fair, offereing a chance at recovery in those involved, and IMO in being effective, my punishment is the best.

Bondo, I know your opinion, as I said, I was asking the other admins theirs (since you are only one of them).  You also know that I don't agree with you.  You harp on one point about being able to enforce (how do you know you've done it with Rom and how do you know it would have worked as well if the clan hadn't' been banned too... you don't... and it did make it harder IMO).  You've continued to ignore the points about CLANS that I brought up, what they are supposed to mean and be about.  

Oh, and I never mentioned booting AK, as I think that wouldn't fit either... don't assume.

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2002, 03:51:31 pm »

Bondo, the reason that this isn't the way that it would be a sport or the real world is because this is BS. I didn't ask wether the punishment hurt me or now, I asked if you thought that it was to much for only 10 words of text

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2002, 03:59:44 pm »

Omg, 9 months of work gone, my clan gone, my battle rights gone, everything gone, all over 10 words that didn't have any effect over anything,  Sad Sad Sad Sad

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2002, 04:13:07 pm »

Okay, This has gone way to far, *DAMN and the battle league do not have the rights to tell my clan that they must boot me or action will be taken against AK, It is my right to be in the clan, You can tell me that I can't battle, However it's my right to be in the clan This is not aceptable.

theN00b
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2002, 04:41:14 pm »

Typhy's suspension is LUDACRIS!!!! I am luanching a full invesigation into this cb. DAMN is acting like the U.N. in Americas polotics. Do this to your national parks or else be kicked out. e.t.c. Typhy has not been proven guilty! yet. I suggest someone else help me investigate. Preerably Bondo or Grifter. I want an investigation into this. From Cow's veiw (a reliable view) there was no cheating involved. Typhy was mistaken. We now need to interview privatly Kit Kat and Nutterbutter. Especially Nutterbutter further. The DAMN clan is interfearing in our sovrign clan!!! I am even compelled to make a new BL not assosiated with anyclan what so ever. Please do not bann typhy for three months. This is way to harsh. Even if found guilty. He has a right to be in ?K. Battles he participates in myt be deemed invalid by the BL. But kicked from his own creation is ludacris and inerfears in AKs inner workings. There was no contract that we signed that would say we would be booted from the clan if we attempted at cheating. I ask again Where is your proof. Show me the proof right below this post. WHERE THE HELL IS IT???!!! Do not interfear in our clan polotics. Grifter I ussually agree with almost everything you say, but I bang my shoe on the desk (acting like Kruschev) over this outrage. A more appropriat punihment is to deem all cbs typhy does for two months invalid. I am sure when ?K signed on to the BL we did not think we would be blackmailed into banning one of our own members.  I suggest the punishment I have come up with if he is found guilty.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2002, 04:44:39 pm »

Exactly, Show me the evidence. If you don't have an Evidence, then I am inocent. easy as that.

+-KoS-+ Gorf

Hehehehehe

« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2002, 04:46:56 pm »

Okay, This has gone way to far, *DAMN and the battle league do not have the rights to tell my clan that they must boot me or action will be taken against AK, It is my right to be in the clan, You can tell me that I can't battle, However it's my right to be in the clan This is not aceptable.

omfg TYPHY

#1.) ?Stop posting 3 or 4 messages in a row, all you have to do is hit the modify button

#2.) ?YOU SIGNED UP FOR THE BL. ?Therefore YOU agreed with all the terms, conditions and rules. ?The DAMN BL preserves the right to ban any clan due to unacceptable behavior.

#3.) ?"It is my right to be in the clan, You can tell me that I can't battle, However it's my right to be in the clan" ?Typhy, the point is, they have already slammed the hammer down. ?Either you leave AK, or AK leaves the BL. ?Stop trying to argue in your defense of the cheating thing. ?They have already found you guilty, therefore you can now stop pleading innocent!

#4.) ?Bondo. ?Grift and Sin are saying that a person is held responsible for their actions in a CB. ?That is how it's always been done, and you can't just change that all of a sudden. ?WHY MAKE AN EXCEPTION? ?because u feel bad for them? ? ?well u didn't feel bad for rom now did you? ?and the two leaders of AK are just as bad as him now aren't they? ?Dude, there is no such thing as "i think that punishment is too harsh." ?They broke a rule, period. ?They will take the consequences, period.

#5.) ?All they are doing bondo, is using "it was only 1 line of text" to make you feel like the punishment is too harsh.

#6.) ?Sin jump in any time. Cool

"If your not part of the steamroller, your part of the road"
theN00b
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2002, 04:50:46 pm »

I was wrong in the post abov and it is totally useless. Cow reportably came out against typhy. I do not believe this. I will find out straight from the cow's mouth.
I am truley sorry. But I still think my punishment is better. Typhy should have know that the Training Maze is not the required map to play on OT. Aweful sorry about the last post. But he should not be banned from other clans. That intefears with his right as a gameplayer on gr. Plus who gave DAMN all this power?HuhHuh??
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2002, 04:59:04 pm »

Grifter I ussually agree with almost everything you say, but I bang my shoe on the desk (acting like Kruschev) over this outrage.

Actually Cossack, you are still agreeing with me... it's Bondo you are disagreeing with. ?I'm the one that thinks it's wrong to punish the individual... that the clan is what should be punished in all cases of the Battle League. ?(Going back to the fact that I believe that CIA being booted was right, while Rom being banned is wrong). ?

I think that any punishment for any rule violation should belong to AK, not to Typhy....

As for the punishment fitting the crime... ?You guys are jumping the gun a bit... ?First, this is AK's reaction to a suggestion by Bondo. ?Second, the other admins haven't even said if it's acceptable.

The only thing clear so far is that Typhy lied and tried to cheat. ?Yes, I'll say cheat because it doesn't matter if it was stupid, or of no advantage or any of the rest... Typhy lied about being in a meeting with Ultimo and Bondo and making the rule which was being typed up that night (or something to that extent from the posts I read). ?Cow seems to have validated this all with Bondo. ?The Admins seem to agree that it was wrong. ?After that... it's all a bunch of posts about opinions. ?As for me, I'm not a BL admin... I'm just a guy that's been around longer then most and trying to talk reason.

Wow, four posts while I got that out... hehe... I am a long winded fuck.

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2002, 05:00:19 pm »

Gorf, this doesn't fucking concern you at all you mother fucking dumb fuck, I have had enough of your shit.

theN00b
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2002, 05:01:01 pm »

Thanks for the info Grin
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2002, 05:04:43 pm »

#3.) ?"It is my right to be in the clan, You can tell me that I can't battle, However it's my right to be in the clan" ?Typhy, the point is, they have already slammed the hammer down. ?Either you leave AK, or AK leaves the BL. ?

Gorf, that's not true.  Nobody said AK would be kicked.  Nobody has said what (if any) punishment AK would be faced with over this.  With or without Typhy.  Only a suggestion was made, with the notice that the punishment could be from nothing to being kicked.

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2002, 05:06:05 pm »

This is the littlest of little things! Any suspention at all is totally unreasonable. Again, If you say that I cheat then show me the evidence

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2002, 05:10:39 pm »

Losing me is enough punishment for any of us!

Colin

omg omg omg!

« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2002, 06:06:25 pm »

Thought i'd make a quick comment:

What does this have to do with *DAMN the clan?  Isn't it the moderators and those people who are enacting this punishment? (yes, they DO have the right)

Nobody has the right to "look into Damn the clan's actions".  *DAMN controls everything on the BL (thank god).
What they say goes...right?

In typhy's punishment, i'm guessing he can't battle in a clan or CB, but obviosely, he can still play on gr.  Not all is lost.

U say u value your respect typhy, but everytime u flame at gorf, me, or anyone, u lose more of it!

As always, correct me if i'm wrong on anything

Yes, i know it doesn't REALLY concern me but i just wanted to put my two cents in (whatever that means)   Grin Grin

I'm a WHORE!
TeeEfSix Goku

RIP Grift

« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2002, 07:27:28 pm »

Look,im totally with damn,but im afraid im going to have to agree with cossak.DAMN DOESNT control gr,therefore why cant he join onother clan?(not that i want u to leave typhy)

Go fork yourself
Bondo
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2002, 07:39:04 pm »

I'm not going to bother trying to reply to the posts specifically as there have been so many, I'm just going to say that Grift (and whoever else thinks my punishment is soft or that I'm weakening it for AK), I haven't once changed my punishment since the thing started.  3 months suspension for Typhy no matter what.  AK punished if they don't boot him.  That hasn't changed through any of this.  I've been very strict on this matter, I just have a different view of what effective punishment is.

Goku, Typhy is welcome to join any clan that isn't on OUR Battle League.  We don't control GR nor do we claim to, but we have full right to do anything we feel necessary concerning the BL that takes place on the site or anything else to do with the site.  This is simply a matter of, the individual goes, or the whole clan goes and it is the clan's choice.

Grifter, about your idea of a clan and how each member is a representative and that their actions are reflected on the clan, in this instance that is horseshit.  AK tried to prevent this from happening through Cow talking Typhy down.  AK can't be blamed for doing everything in their power to prevent it assuming they take action afterwards (which they've done by booting him).  Therefore the clan isn't responsible.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads