*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:10:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GhR 2 PC-Version CANCELLED - GhR 3 announced!  (Read 32020 times)
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #180 on: August 01, 2006, 12:38:40 am »

Wher'es my freaking mac pro...

I ordered my copy this morning, coming in two days

I love you a little less you lil bastard. and there's that sexy G5 iMac getting all lonly now.

Quick question.... with the mention of old maps being ported, whats the deal with vegitation and trees? Everything i saw of GhR3 was buildings and Embassy style maps - how does the POW camp turn out - what are the bush's like, can someone port river with the little gurgling stream and the trees and bushes and little huts oh god please where is GHR4?

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #181 on: August 01, 2006, 05:55:34 am »

I've played one map and it's urban, I have a feeling thoes bushes that you so wonderfully loved are lost in the world of classic GhR.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #182 on: August 01, 2006, 09:07:59 am »

It breaks my freaking heart it really does, the whole point of GhR is that you were a small team of ghosts who did surgical insurtions got the job done and got out... not the bloody marines in full blown battles... what happend to stealth and sneakyness?

Whats a sneaky bush lovin bugger like me meant to play now? Heck it looks like AA 2.7 is going to have better veg and be more close to GhR than GhR3 is!

God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #183 on: August 01, 2006, 03:00:18 pm »

Actually . . .

I think you'll find that urban warfare CAN be much more tactical, the reason? , because there are so many more angles to cover.  The enemy can be up in this window, down that alley, behind that car, in the park.  Just playing Single Player gives me a sense that this can be one hell of a game on Ventrilo with a squad of say, 4 guys, the tactics that could be used would be so much fun.  I have a feeling that unlike GhR where squads split up straight out of the spawnsite I think that because the maps are so HUGE and urban that it's going to be more beneficial for a small squad to stick together.

We'll see though, BFG you need to get your hands on a PC Wink

Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #184 on: August 01, 2006, 06:03:27 pm »

dudes....there are plenty of bushes trees...rocks etc.....  little streams..running water......if you play the campaign you will see it......as the patches come out more maps from the campaigns & new ones all together are being included. Also new gametypes.  don't be so sceptical ...this is not the GhR2 piece of shit you think it is. Exactly that shade...smaller squads are better off sticking together and covering each others' asses.  This game is very tactical...especially when the spawns are dropped to 0.  BFG...if your not stealthy in this game...your dead....fast.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 06:06:21 pm by Cell » Logged

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #185 on: August 01, 2006, 08:23:18 pm »

you've made me a happy happy matey's ty Smiley You know where i'll be when i get my promac Cheesy

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #186 on: August 02, 2006, 04:17:24 am »

Then again the Clovertown Mac Pros could be over $3500 BFG, makes me reconsider waiting for post Woodcrest ones... I'll give it until MWSF 2007.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #187 on: August 02, 2006, 06:05:43 am »

I'm so bummed about this game so far.  Granted I haven't given it nearly enough time but so far, IT TAKES SO MANY FUCKING SHOTS TO KILL SOMEONE!!!

And domination is just run around like a little chicken until you see someone and then practically bump into them before shooting.

The reticule does NOTHING, it comes in SO SLOW and isn't even a good indication as to where your bullets are.

ARRRRRRRRRRRGH.

PUNiSHER™

« Reply #188 on: August 02, 2006, 12:37:34 pm »

They just released another MapPack for this game with 4 new maps and other new updates.  Original Ghr fans will be pleased to hear they now added the Death Cam, being able to watch through the eyes of your remaining teammates when you are dead.  At least its good to know they are releasing new MapPacks and improving the game. clapping hands
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 12:40:40 pm by PUNiSHER™ » Logged

Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #189 on: August 02, 2006, 04:41:41 pm »

I'm so bummed about this game so far.  Granted I haven't given it nearly enough time but so far, IT TAKES SO MANY FUCKING SHOTS TO KILL SOMEONE!!!
Are we playing the same game here?  Limb shots take a few...head chest 1 - 3 max.  Use the SCAR - H...packs a wallop.

And domination is just run around like a little chicken until you see someone and then practically bump into them before shooting.
Yes ...at first you will tend to do that...until you figure out the maps, and the style of play....I also hated this game at first...as I hated RvS at first.  Just takes getting used to.  Need to get comfortable and learn the maps.  If it was just comfy and easy at first you'd love it at first, and hate it after a little while.  Expect the opposite.

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #190 on: August 02, 2006, 04:47:59 pm »

They just released another MapPack for this game with 4 new maps and other new updates.  Original Ghr fans will be pleased to hear they now added the Death Cam, being able to watch through the eyes of your remaining teammates when you are dead.  At least its good to know they are releasing new MapPacks and improving the game. clapping hands

Huh Huh Huh Huh  Where do you see this Pun?  I checked ghostrecon.com and see nothing.  I know its supposed to come soon, but I don't see the dl link.  YOu have a link for me?  And...have you been playing this?  Few good servers:
www.attackforcez.com
www.beerdrinkingassasins.com
www.shadowcompanyelite.com
http://www.ghostsquad.us/
www.soldierzofkaos.com

« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 04:50:32 pm by Cell » Logged

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #191 on: August 02, 2006, 07:46:52 pm »

cell the info on it is here but im guessing its not actually available yet what with the lack of DL ?

PUNiSHER™

« Reply #192 on: August 02, 2006, 10:52:57 pm »

Sorry Cell they didn't release it yet but the website says "GRAW PC Map Pack #2 Info" I assume they will be releasing it really soon.

Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #193 on: August 04, 2006, 03:29:25 am »

It's out!!!
You'll be pleased to know that:

"Character models have also been updated, so there's a generally larger area considered to be a "headshot". Weapons damage has also been updated, increasing the chance a single shot to the head will generate an instant kill."

Read more at http://www.fileplanet.com/164073/160000/fileinfo/Ghost-Recon-Advanced-Warfighter-Patch-v1.21-%5BMappack%5D

PUNiSHER™

« Reply #194 on: August 19, 2006, 03:19:14 am »

Ubisoft Seek GR:AW MP Pack 3 Beta Testers

GRAW Fans,

Over the last two months we delivered two free and exclusive multiplayer packs for GRAW PC that included Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Hamburger Hill modes. In the UBISOFT tradition of taking the game experience even further, we are happy to offer one final multiplayer pack for the Ghost Recon community.

We would like to give you the opportunity to be part of our beta test expected to start end of August. On that occasion and during one week you will have the opportunity to be the first ones to test the new and most awaited Siege mode, take part to the Original GR coop. mode and use the all new console admin tools. Last but not least, your feedbacks and comments will help us finalize the MP pack 3 and will ensure that the GRAW multiplayer experience is taken one step further.

As a beta tester, we expect you to both judge GRAW MP PACK 3 technically as well as qualitatively and to explore all modes and features. Be the ones that show the most interest and dedication to this beta-test and win exclusive GR goodies.

To register, you must fill in this questionnaire: http://websurveyor.net/wsb.dll/15991/graw_beta_mp3.htm
Selected testers will be contacted with full instructions prior to the launch of the beta.

Awesome their adding siege to multiplayer!  It says its the last multiplayer mp update though Sad  I just hope they put a mission editior in there so people can create their own multiplayer gametypes.  If this is the last mp update maybe they will start doing seperate expansion packs like Island Thunder was for Ghr1.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads