*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:23:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GhR 2 PC-Version CANCELLED - GhR 3 announced!  (Read 32021 times)
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #160 on: July 01, 2006, 10:32:08 am »

A tutorial has been released that shows how to build your own landscapes and objects for the map editor.  Now its just a matter of time until people start building the original Ghr maps for this game.  I hope the next update released for this game allows people to create their own missions so "Warzone" could actually be made.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #161 on: July 01, 2006, 01:13:02 pm »

holy cow. thats awsome news. if someone ports the GhR maps to GhR3 im going to be climbing the walls waiting for the pro-macs and a pay rise!! Wink

Any news on the map editor - how advanced is it in terms of features and details? some map editors have been pretty basic it would be nice if things are along the lines of the UT map editors.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
:V: Stripes

« Reply #162 on: July 01, 2006, 03:00:45 pm »

I'll be glad to hear your reports.
You'll be amazed, that's for sure.. Such a good game!

--------------------------------
Stripes (ViRuS Clan Predator)
stripes@virus-clan.com
--------------------------------
GeT iNfEcTeD!!!
http://www.virus-clan.com
http://www.virus-clan.org
http://www.team-virus.org
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #163 on: July 01, 2006, 07:31:32 pm »

holy cow. thats awsome news. if someone ports the GhR maps to GhR3 im going to be climbing the walls waiting for the pro-macs and a pay rise!! Wink

Any news on the map editor - how advanced is it in terms of features and details? some map editors have been pretty basic it would be nice if things are along the lines of the UT map editors.

I think one of the problems with the original GhR was that it just felt gimmicky with the limited guns, set up kits, and Grenade Launchers. If they made the game a more complete game that is coherent off a console then perhaps it will be good. Then again there's always R6:6 and errr... those other games... which PC users a;ways brag about having... that are good... like... ?

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #164 on: July 01, 2006, 11:46:25 pm »

The GRAW map editor lets you take a flat piece of ground and then place objects\buildings already in the game for use on your map. 
For example there's a group of objects/buildings called "Industrial", you could build an "Industrial" style map using the objects and buildings available in that set.  The neat thing about this is that the Map Editor is built into the game so anybody could use it without downloading special 3D Software.

Now that they released a tutorial on how to model your own terrains and objects for the game you could almost build anything, although it requires the expensive 3D App "3DS Max 7" in order to make your own stuff.

Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #165 on: July 05, 2006, 06:30:43 pm »

i just read on a GRAW PC clan's forum that Team Death Match / LMS is coming soon!! 

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #166 on: July 05, 2006, 06:35:32 pm »

a few good servers:

ATTACKFORCEZ - http://www.attackforcez.com

Shadow Company Elite - http://www.shadowcompanyelite.com

They both have stat tracking.  I think you have to register on thier site first.  Some of these PC guys are pretty damn good.  In other servers that don't run anti-cheat, I wonder sometimes.  But it still doesn't compare to the "community" of GR.  8(  F'n PC bitches

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #167 on: July 17, 2006, 05:50:36 pm »

GRAW - fully optimized on an intel imac....most graphics setting on low - medium ...getting 40-60 fps now.  Has fully changed the gameplay, the multiplayer on this game is killer.....Domination is the ultimate anti-camp gametype. SOMEONE JOIN ME!!!!!  Your making me yell now Huh

Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #168 on: July 21, 2006, 08:11:27 pm »

Posted: Thursday 07.20.06 (http://www.ghostrecon.com)
GRAW PC Map Pack #2    

Today we're releasing more information about the GRAW PC Map Pack #2. See below for 2 screenshots, each detailing a new game mode that will be added with the map pack. Additionally, this map pack will implement the death cam, a feature showing you how you died and who shot you, and allowing you to see the game through the remaining players. This pack is still in development, aiming for a release at the end of July or beginning of August.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #169 on: July 21, 2006, 10:00:17 pm »

Cell just hold out until the pro macs come out and then me and me mod buddies will surely be invading Wink I can't wait to waste hours of my life in that game!! Cheesy

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #170 on: July 24, 2006, 08:17:33 pm »

That would be excellent......I need some of my mac minded buddies to play with.  All I can tell you is that we will rukkus.  I have now got it running on 1024 x 768 medium texture mostly everything else turned down, and I get a consistent 30 -50 fps now.  If you liked the original (barely the same game) and you liked RvS (similarities exist) you will really like this game.  This could really be fun if it was brought to the *DAMN/GR community.  Tactically it could be so much fun.  I'm really loving the game now.  Only one I play.

:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #171 on: July 26, 2006, 06:36:56 pm »

I ordered my copy this morning, coming in two days.

Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #172 on: July 26, 2006, 06:57:26 pm »

excellent.  you can always find me on aim.....also I have an xfire account...it is either Cell or cell440.  Make sure you dl the patches after you install it.  There are 2 major ones.  Add maps/game modes and additional functions to the game.

God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #173 on: July 26, 2006, 11:22:28 pm »

Now I just need my damn Macbook Pro to come back, sent it in for repair twice now for the damn iSight.

Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #174 on: July 27, 2006, 05:28:18 pm »

Cottonmouth had a few issues with his MBP.  I think its all worked out now.  First gens seemed to be bugged.  Can't say the same for my intel imac 20".  thing is money.

Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #175 on: July 28, 2006, 06:43:37 pm »

People are starting to make custom maps fro GRAW and remakes of original GhR maps.  First 2 out are POW camp and Red Square.  I don't think they have nailed them yet, but its a start. I would love to see Embassy, Castle and Stronghold in GRAW.  Would be f'n sick.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/index-gr3-pc.html

God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #176 on: July 31, 2006, 01:55:47 am »

Downloaded the demo since USPS sucks bawls.

I really like it, it's definitly not old school GhR but it's cerrtainly not overly "Arcadish" or "Consolified" in my opinion.

My complaint is it has such high requirements, even my brand new computer struggles at 20 - 30 FPS in single player.  Almost makes me want a PC just to stick a Ageia PhysiX card in there to see the amazing physics.

Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #177 on: July 31, 2006, 05:28:59 pm »

The physics look great, but to get the game running nice.....start with the lowest graphics settings...@ 1024x768.  Make sure you go to http://www.fraps.com and dl and install that.  Lets you take ss's, videos, and shows fps on any game you run.  THen you can start turning up different graphics settings until you find the balance of look & feel your comfortable with.  Plus, from what I heard, the demo runs a bit slower than the full version.

The multiplayer itself is not arcady or consoly at all.  It has a RvS like feel, but it does take getting used to.  YOu can't run and gun, and you can't run and scope.  Basically when you run, your gun goes down.  I would sy RvS like....much bigger maps for the most part, and the  GhR stealth that we all love.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 05:31:22 pm by Cell » Logged

[a] kitkat

I've got tone...

« Reply #178 on: July 31, 2006, 07:03:28 pm »

But....  But.... its on Window$...... wallbashing
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #179 on: July 31, 2006, 10:18:47 pm »

yes it is, but its worth it Rambo  Yo YO KK...how be it dude?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads