*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:48:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A Vote For the Future of the Battle League...  (Read 15087 times)
cottonmouth

« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2006, 12:37:05 am »

And it's not DAMN's fault that the games were made without a tracking or reporting system. If you are thinking DAMN should rewrite GhR then you are more delusional that this KILL THE LADDER stuff made you sound.

I was not blaming Damn, point fingers at Damn or laying responsibility on Damn.  Damn has gone above and beyond to keep this community together.  Maybe someone in the community can step up to the plate? I was saying, It would be nice if someone knew how to hijack the GhR stats file to create some sort of tracking system.  Look what Lee Harvey did for the RvS community.  All I was saying is it might boost activity, if someone who knows whats what with scripts  hooked it up.   
Is that really so delusional?? Huh wallbashing
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 12:40:38 am by cottonmouth » Logged

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
BTs_Mysterio
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2006, 01:08:45 am »

Yes.

You should research it before making it sound like "you're all useless."

Raven Shield had a built in report feature that simply needed a script to make ti upload those statistics to a server such as BT's site. However, GhR has no such system. The stat system did little for RvS accept to those who go there and think of them as some sort of measuring stick. Many simply want to play. Fun is fun, complicating it leads to more fun for some, and much much less for others.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2006, 01:30:55 am »

GhR has no such system

Not true, its a common mis belief but the system does produce the results - you just need to know how to tap into them:

You see the stats at the end of the game? exactly they don't come out of thin air, if you look in your GhR folder you'll even see a .html file with the stats exported. Unfortunatly the coding is behond me, but if someone could find the hooks in GhR to collect those stats, or somehow to steal them from the .html page then you could have a stat system just like bomb has done for RvS.

Don't believe me? Go to your Ghost Recon Data folder and look for missionstats.htm. I keep shouting about this but cant find a techy bod to do the hard work for me heh.... however you never know what might pop up when your not expecting it Wink
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 01:33:34 am by BFG » Logged

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
cottonmouth

« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2006, 01:42:24 am »

Baahhh... I give up.  I was just trying to be productive. I'm gonna step away from this thread and let ya'll piss on eachothers suggestions.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2006, 02:01:05 am »

BFG, I was on second hand info. I never had really dug through GhR... or really opened it. Anyway cotton, you need to be more productive to make your suggestions worth their weight. You can't just throw something doing the stuff like BFG did by finding the 'hidden' files. In either case I wonder why DAMN did stop tracking team kills in CBs. That was a fun stat back in Season 1. [or preseason as it was]

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
gsr

« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2006, 07:13:50 pm »

Good point cottonmouth "This should be about the community as a whole...  not just for those who are in clans."  Maybe some kind of "team" FFA ladders (not clan based) would be fun, play as a team with individual stats?.  Interesting BFG, that GhR (and RVS) collect stats.  There could be awards for Best (or worst) hit %, frag %, Most Tk's, etc.
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2006, 07:23:49 pm »

Or just a scoring system like the one on the BTs server.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2006, 07:27:26 pm »

Good point cottonmouth "This should be about the community as a whole...  not just for those who are in clans."  Maybe some kind of "team" FFA ladders (not clan based) would be fun, play as a team with individual stats?.  Interesting BFG, that GhR (and RVS) collect stats.  There could be awards for Best (or worst) hit %, frag %, Most Tk's, etc.

This is kind of what I was referring to in my stupid and pointless idea above.

i think it would be great and allow for more individual competition. My time is so limited now that I only get the odd hour here and there to play. This would allow me to still "compete", but not have to join and deal with the hassles of a clan.

Now if only someone would do it....

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2006, 08:22:07 pm »

shouldnt it be a job for mr kevill?

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2006, 09:06:03 pm »

Thats not a job for Evill.  He has no reason or want to do it.  Mr.Bombastic took the time to do it for RvS because he thought it would help the community.  That is what Ghost Recon needs.  Someone who knows how and is willing to do it.  (Hey that coke guy has learned how to manipulate it, why doesn't someone ask him)  T, I'm not sure if you are still saying get rid of the team cb thing, because the entire team ladder isn't going away because one player can't play on it anymore.  I'm not saying keeping individual stats like in RvS is a stupid idea, in fact, its a great idea.  But we can still play cb's as well.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2006, 06:48:27 am »

I think the things mentioned about awarding Money to a winner is a mistake because people will do whatever they can to win, but if it was prizes/merchandise it may be a little different.

For those interested in winning prizes maybe *DAMN should have a merchandise store using a website like www.cafepress.com.  Get someone to make a nice logo or graphic to put on the merchandise.  This way *DAMN can bring in money to use toward prizes or maybe even give out merchandise to its winners.  People may have more fun playing for a league where they can be awarded T-Shirts/Magnets/Bumper Stickers/Keychains or whatever.

Another option could be to require people to purchase a *DAMN league membership at $5 per year.  You figure 100 people register for one year, *DAMN gets $500 to put towards its prizes.  I know by paying to play in a League will cause everyone to get real serious about winning or losing,  so maybe award a cheaper prize to the losers.  A 1st place winner gets a T-Shirt, 2nd Gets a Magnet and 3rd gets a sticker.

*DAMN could maybe even have a "$Pay$ Ladder" next season to test it out for those interested.  I'm sure there is at least 20 people out there that would do this if *DAMN offered it.  Maybe test it on a FFA Ladder and then if its a success add it to the team ladders.  A rule that limits 10 people per clan might be needed so *DAMN can calculate how much $$$ needs to be spent on the winners prize.

We're talking $5 here per person!  I don't see how anyone couldn't pay $5 per year for a "Pay Ladder" if people are already paying $50 for premium memberships on GameRanger.

Although if people are going to start paying to play on here I think we need to clean up the flamming and abuse that goes around on here and keep everything behind close doors.  Maybe start handing out 1 week bans to anyone who posts something the admins feel is offensive and abusive to another person.
NOW WHO OUT THERE IS WILLING TO PAY $5 A YEAR FOR A DBL PRIZE LEAGUE WHERE EVEN 3rd PLACE WINS SOMETHING?

« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 07:36:48 am by PUNiSHER™ » Logged

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2006, 03:11:28 pm »

Personally, I am all for a system like you are describing, Punisher.  The cafepress.com idea is pretty cool, too.  I know I'd be buying up a bunch of shit that said *DAMN all over it just to piss off my wife.  Wink

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Ein

« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2006, 09:33:46 pm »

I don't post in these forums much anymore  because I'm tired of the flaming and stuff that goes on when people make suggestions until an admin suggests the same thing and then people might actually debate over it however, I really like Punisher's idea of a *DAMN store. Punisher, no flame from me... Great idea. Why not sell merchandise... And if that goes well, prizes might be able to be awarded based off of sales instead of platers actually paying to play. I'm sure many people would be interest, like GS said. I might even buy my wife some stuff to (like GS said again, to piss her off)

Great idea Punisher
Ein
WeedWacker

« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2006, 06:15:51 pm »

I believe it was stated that next season will be played under the current elo point system and I think that is a mistake because that system is one reason why people don't CB anymore.

Change this by guranteeing there will be a finals weekend and then have a season schedule where every clan must CB against the other clans in the league at least twice in a 1 week's period.  For instance the schedule would say clan "A" and clan "B" must CB twice between Feb. 1st thru the 7th.  This way every clan has its weekly schedule layed right out in front of them and every clan will CB against the other clans 2 times.  There's no more CB-ing one clan 8 times in a season and another clan 1 time, you CB them twice and then you move on to your next opponent.  If neither clan CB's in their one week period it could count as a tie on their records.  If you have an odd number of clans signed up you could even have a "bye" week for each clan during the season.  Then have the top 4 clans of the regular season CB in the DBL Finals.

I agree that the ELO system has some ignificant flaws but asking every clan to CB every other clan 2x in a week is ludicrous.  How about do this like we do other sports and make a schedule of when clans do battle?  Oh, "DIE PUNISHER, DIE!"     Nade Sniper

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
Clay

« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2006, 07:38:21 pm »

GhR has no such system

Not true, its a common mis belief but the system does produce the results - you just need to know how to tap into them:

You see the stats at the end of the game? exactly they don't come out of thin air, if you look in your GhR folder you'll even see a .html file with the stats exported. Unfortunatly the coding is behond me, but if someone could find the hooks in GhR to collect those stats, or somehow to steal them from the .html page then you could have a stat system just like bomb has done for RvS.

Don't believe me? Go to your Ghost Recon Data folder and look for missionstats.htm. I keep shouting about this but cant find a techy bod to do the hard work for me heh.... however you never know what might pop up when your not expecting it
That's true, there is a host called coke which is handling a computer system to create a Strapshooter league....
If that guy made it, i guess it's possible to ask for his help...

PUNiSHER™

« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2006, 03:36:23 am »

Whats the matter Weed, you can't handle CB-ing a clan 2 times over 7 days? 
If you can't handle CB-ing twice in one week you shouldn't even be playing in the DBL!

Oh yea I'm sure your schedule idea will work real nice, If they used your idea I can't wait to see how you will handle a scheduled CB with a Euro clan on a weekday.

WeedWacker

« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2006, 03:53:52 am »

Whats the matter Weed, you can't handle CB-ing a clan 2 times over 7 days? 
If you can't handle CB-ing twice in one week you shouldn't even be playing in the DBL!

Oh yea I'm sure your schedule idea will work real nice, If they used your idea I can't wait to see how you will handle a scheduled CB with a Euro clan on a weekday.

What's ur problem Punisher?  Is it hard to believe that people have jobs, college, and families that have precendence over GhR? 

No, I cannot CB every clan 2x a week.  The schedule thing may not work due to time zone conflicts, but there has to be a better idea out there as neither of ours would work.

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2006, 12:20:34 am »

Weed I'm posting ideas for improving the League.  I post ideas that I think would benefit the league as a whole, not just to fit WeedWackers daily schedule.  If thats what you want, maybe you should post your daily schedule on here and then the League could make the proper adjustments so WeedWacker is satisfied and the rest of us will then CB when you want to CB.  Don't forget Weed, your the one that resigned from your clan last season because you said they all sucked.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 01:08:13 am by PUNiSHER™ » Logged

Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2006, 03:17:40 am »

I say get rid of all the minimum clan battle stuff... the activity isn't high enough to add rules such as (you must cb blank number of times in a week to stay in the league)... the main focus now should be on activity, and kicking clans out of the league for not being active enough in a single week won't increase activity one bit.  People should be able to cb when they please, those clans that just cb for fun shouldn't be punished for not being what some people may think isn't active enough.

my 2¢

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
WeedWacker

« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2006, 03:20:50 am »

Weed I'm posting ideas for improving the League.  I post ideas that I think would benefit the league as a whole, not just to fit WeedWackers daily schedule.  If thats what you want, maybe you should post your daily schedule on here and then the League could make the proper adjustments so WeedWacker is satisfied and the rest of us will then CB when you want to CB.  Don't forget Weed, your the one that resigned from your clan last season because you said they all sucked.

I am also posting ideas to try to help the league as a whole, if it fits with my life then so much the better.  Why are you so bitter and angry Punisher?  Are your ideas the only ideas worth anything?  It's attitudes like yours, Punisher, that make the league less fun to play.

Yes, I resigned from my previous clan due to lack of competitiveness...what is your point?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads