*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:15:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A Vote For the Future of the Battle League...  (Read 15083 times)
legendrob

Don't be a DICKHEAD

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2006, 12:24:53 am »

jesus T , why do you always have to add some bullshit comment like that, people are here trying to come up with ideas and your bs complaints continue. We hord no one, and anyone that wanted to leave has, and for the most part , our clan has stuck together because we have "FUN"
    Back on track now, ya, its looking like the GHR cb thing is about over, did anyone here really think it would last forever, we all know nothing lasts forever. The real shitty thing here is the fact that the great new replacement hasnt come along yet. With the demise of GHR came the need to play something else, so  out comes , Yes,  RVS and Battlfield 1942. sure they been around a while, so what, people that have never play them b4 are starting to now. I see that as a good thing I dont knw why you wouldnt. With the other 3 platforms getting GHR 3 already, that means all that is left isa to do it for Mac, maybe it will come faster I dont know. We didnt have this problem when we came to ghr form Rogue spear because ghr was here already, this time theres a void unfortunatly, we just have to be patient, it'll happen.
[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2006, 04:59:43 am »

Rob, you made my day with your comment. Thanks!

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=irony
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 05:08:20 am by [:] Mr. T » Logged

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2006, 06:32:47 am »

Recommendations

1. Allow the Active Clans that play GHR to form a Council.
This will allow each Clan Leader to meet as a group and discuss what Mods/Maps to play.

2. Allow 1 DBL Admin to monitor The Council's Recommendations. DBL Admin recommended to monitor would be BFG because of his "Neutral" Stand. Jettison any DBL Admin that has any affilliation with a Active Clan on GHR or DOES NOT PLAY GHR.

3. No CB limitations. Just a 1 month season. At the end of the season top teams get a bye and lower teams play elimination.

Remember K.I.S.  (Keep it Simple)

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
BTs_Mysterio
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2006, 09:21:51 am »

How would releasing GhR 3 Solve anything [in response to some who have been mentioning it as a solution]. First and foremost the minimum requirements of GR:AW PC.

• A Pentium 4 ~2Ghz or the equivalent (2.8Ghz recommended)
  • 512MB RAM (1024Mb recommended)
  • DirectX: DirectX9.0c
  • Video Card: Shader 2.0 card with 128 MB of VRAM (256MB recommended)
  • Sound card: DirectX9 compatible sound card

To compare that to say, Doom 3:
  • A 1.5 GHz Intel Pentium 4 chip or AMD Athlon 1500
  • 384 MB RAM
  • An nVidia GeForce 3 graphics card or better; or an ATI Technologies 8500 or better [64 VRAM]

Now you may think the difference is marginal, but those are the minimum requirements, bare minimum is more like it. One of the only things keeping GhR going right now is people getting bad FPS in Raven Shield, which minimum requirements look something like this on the PC side:

• 800 MHz Pentium® III, AMD Athlon, or equivalent
  • 128 MB RAM (XP users: 256 MB RAM required)
  • 32 MB DirectX 8 compatible 3D video card with hardware T&L ***(supported chipsets listed below)
  • DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
  • DirectX 8.1 or higher (DX9 included on the disc)

This won't be getting any better, so let's stop looking to a next gen game to solve the problem. I don't really think there is that much of a problem, you can usually find a game to play in, and if someone want to battle so be it. There's not gonna be a magic solution to a general disinterest.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 09:29:42 am by Mysterio » Logged

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
legendrob

Don't be a DICKHEAD

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2006, 07:25:34 pm »

Rob, you made my day with your comment. Thanks!

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=irony

I'm so glag that I can make someones day. Do you feel warm and fuzzy, I do.
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2006, 01:18:04 am »

Cuber I think its an excellent idea I would go along with it, but you know how this site is run:  post a possible solution, then be totally ignored or flammed until an admin jumps in and locks the topic.  NOBODY has a perfect solution for fixing the problem but at least some people are making progress while others are more satisfied with trashing people's solutions.

I think the best solution is to get someone who knows how to design a website to start a new Battle League for the nice people that play the games and leave this one in the dumpster for the jackass's.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2006, 11:41:40 am »

Guys thanks for the Input, but please keep it on track.. (cough T and Rob etc)

Punisher that feels a bit unfair and unwarranted, firstly there are some big big changes coming so people need to be a bit patient on that front, and i don't agree that proposed solutions are just ignored or flamed until its locked - most changes and alterations over the years have come from such proposed solutions. Believe it or not there are jackass's wherever you go, and a flashy and slick website a good battle league does not make...I'm loosing count of how many other leagues try and fail, all starting out with this perfect ideal which always withers and dies.

but anyway, nice input Cuber and others, id suggest if we don't get any more input this next week we can draft up some kinda conclusion on the feedback from in here and the proposed suggestions like yours.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 11:54:04 am by BFG » Logged

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2006, 04:27:01 am »

We should just focus the league more on having fun now instead of competition... I think most of the people who are left playing RvS and GhR would agree when I say we're here to have fun.  I'm not one to come up with new and bright ideas for the league so I trust the admins to think of something good. Grin

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •

STFU

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2006, 06:56:18 pm »

Forget the team competition and focus on FFA.

There aren't enough people around to consistently rally up enough teams. So set up a system that allows individuals to participate when they have the time/interest.

Oh... and I found this new clip of GhR3. it looks so real! http://www.break.com/index/fpsbirds.html

cottonmouth

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2006, 07:11:30 pm »

Forget the team competition and focus on FFA.

Totally agree. A cool new FFA ladder would be nice. 
As for boosting GhR activity, maybe some sort of dedicated server with stat tracking like Harveys RvS server? I know it has been mentioned in the past, but it's worth bringing up again.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Macuber

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2006, 08:00:12 pm »

"Forget the team competition and focus on FFA."

Let the ACTIVE GHR Clans make that decision and not NON ACTIVE members. Yes BFG.. I'll be patience and see what DBL's ideas are brought out.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 08:02:12 pm by *Macuber » Logged

cottonmouth

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2006, 08:15:35 pm »

"Forget the team competition and focus on FFA."

Let the ACTIVE GHR Clans make that decision and not NON ACTIVE members. Yes BFG.. I'll be patience and see what DBL's ideas are brought out.

I am not in a clan, but I still consider myself an active member of the community. Please do not disreguard our suggestions just because we are not in an active clan. Actually, I think some sort of ladder, like a playground CB ladder, might boost activity... anyone can participate, not just those in clans.  This should be about the community as a whole...  not just for those who are in clans.

"Okay, this is a vote for all members of the *DBL Community to help the admins decide if this would be a good thing to get the BL active again."
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 08:36:35 pm by cottonmouth » Logged

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Macuber

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2006, 10:34:18 pm »

My post only had to do with Clans that like to CB. FFA's have nothing to do with my post.

STFU

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2006, 11:40:32 pm »

My post only had to do with Clans that like to CB. FFA's have nothing to do with my post.

Then you quoted me by mistake?

You're cold Macuber.

Macuber

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2006, 12:26:42 am »

Did you read my recommendation MrT? Had to do with GHR CB's
 Your's was the  "Forget the team competition and focus on FFA."
I think CB'ing and FFA's can work on DBL together.

Nothing to be cold about.

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2006, 08:31:32 am »

T, no offense but having ghr FFA and no GHR team would be pointless, it doesn't take any code changes to keep the team cb up, and all that has to happen is a season to be going on.  If people don't play cb's its no big deal, not hurting anyone.  Its stupid to shutdown the ladder to try to spark interest in other things when the interest isn't there.  Just let it be.  Ghost Recon may have run its course but its still playable and still fun.  The future of the BL needs to rest on RvS and a new game.  Thats all there is too it.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.

STFU

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2006, 03:00:16 pm »

T, no offense but having ghr FFA and no GHR team would be pointless, it doesn't take any code changes to keep the team cb up, and all that has to happen is a season to be going on. If people don't play cb's its no big deal, not hurting anyone. Its stupid to shutdown the ladder to try to spark interest in other things when the interest isn't there. Just let it be. Ghost Recon may have run its course but its still playable and still fun. The future of the BL needs to rest on RvS and a new game. Thats all there is too it.

No offense??! You're calling my idea "stupid" and "pointless". But whatever...

I thought the point of this thread had transitioned into ways to keep GhR on *DAMN alive. It's clear to me that the team-based DBL structure is suffering so I thought that focusing on FFA would be a good switch. That's what I love about AA... you can track your individual stats against other players AND your clan's stats against other clans.

I don't know what the technical limitations are with the DBL system, but if DAMN's not willing to change it as the needs of the community change, then the community's going to die regardless of what ideas we come up with, pointless or otherwise.

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2006, 05:56:12 pm »

Ghost recon is going to die and has been dying for a long time.  My opinion is that it is working as well as it can.  It is almost exceeding expectations for how old it is.  Let those who want to continue Team CBing in GHR do so.  FFA's were down last season too (I blame GS) lets just see what happens and let this game run its course.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
BTs_Mysterio
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2006, 10:27:26 pm »

Suggesting to kill the Clan ladder would be like cutting off the arms/legs/lower torso of a person who stubbed their toe. That is stupid. Why the hell would you kill something taking away yet more people? And what makes this GhR specific? RvS has had any solid numbers ever and has been ignored in many ways. On top of that last seasons shakedown of the rules seems relatively. OH GOD THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG!!!! LET'S JUST KILLLLLL ITTTTT!!!!111!ˇone!!

And it's not DAMN's fault that the games were made without a tracking or reporting system. If you are thinking DAMN should rewrite GhR then you are more delusional that this KILL THE LADDER stuff made you sound.

Damn, that was terrible. Anyway, I say let FFA people worry about their FFA concern, and let Clans worry about the ladder problems. But if that fails:

"Close down the FFA ladder because it waste players that could be in CLANXORZZZ"

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2006, 10:57:59 pm »

Thanks myst exactly what I was thinking.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads