*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:46:16 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Is WoW really worth the money?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is WoW really worth the money?  (Read 8730 times)
Ein

« on: January 03, 2006, 04:16:21 am »

OK, I have to admit that the game deffinately looks interesting. I briefly got into warcraft when Warcraft 1 first came out but since then had not given it a second thought until now. World of Warcraft lets you experience the whole world that Warcraft is set in as either a member of the Horde or the Alliance and is set up as a RPG instead of a strategy game like the previous ones and lets you view the world through either 1st or 3rd person. Whats also nice is that quests are constantly being added or changed making the game never ending.

The game has deffinately peaked my interest until I found out that it also costs $15 for 30 days to play online and there is no offline game mode. As it is, I only play on GR about 2 days out of the week and assuming that there are only four weeks in an average month, that results in me playing for only 8 days a month If I keep with my current gaming schedule. Now with it costing $15 a month (a little under $2 a day if i continue my same schedule), I question... is it really worth the cost?

So, Im asking those who have already purchased the game... how is it? Also is the monthly fee actually a monthly fee or do they deduct hours from your account based on how much you actually play? Meaning if I only play for 8 days out of a month, will I still have to pay again for another 30 days even though I only used 8 of the days I originally payed for?

Thanks for any imput,
Ein
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 04:28:51 am »

It's a monthly fee, they don't care about how much you actually play. And to be honest... I'd never touch a game where you have to subscribe and pay fees for certain amounts of time, no matter how good it is.

I'd recommend America's Army instead, though. Great game with great graphics, tons of maps for every taste, continuous development for many years to come and a long-term motivation... for free! Smiley

(some soft- and hardware manufacturers should pay me for the public advertisements I write if I like their products, lol)
[/size]

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
Ein

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 04:32:27 am »

Tried America's Army... wasnt for me. Thanks for your imput though Civic... any others wish to comment?
Civrock

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 04:45:10 am »

Tried America's Army... wasnt for me.

Couldn't beat the training? Grin

NiKLoT

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 07:10:53 am »

It's a monthly fee, they don't care about how much you actually play. And to be honest... I'd never touch a game where you have to subscribe and pay fees for certain amounts of time, no matter how good it is.

I'd recommend America's Army instead, though. Great game with great graphics, tons of maps for every taste, continuous development for many years to come and a long-term motivation... for free! Smiley

(some soft- and hardware manufacturers should pay me for the public advertisements I write if I like their products, lol)
[/size]

Don't agree with ya... I have the game.. i had the questions as u ein but as soon u got the game u wont care about how much it coasts and trust me u wont only play 2 days a week.. and then ull get the same average as u have with GR Premium and i think u got it no? ok maybe not the same... but at least ull b able to play the best game ever! I think if u like RPGs the only reason why not to buy WoW is that u dont want to get addicted and this addiction will b harder then smoking.. I swear ya its more then worh the money (a little typ to the end: Take Hord, Alliance have no idea how to play as a team and besides of Paladins u can chose every class that exists also in the Alliance)
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 12:16:35 pm »

To go WoW or not to go WoW....Well...If you like your friends, your GF or any other real life things you might think of, then don't go for it. It takes time, and you'll get stuck behind the comp for a long time. It's nothing like AA or any other FPS games. It's totally different. But...if you want to play a great game, which will give you endless of hours of good gameplay, then you should get it.

For me it's the perfect game..and now, 9 months after I got it, I'm slowly, but steadily, granting myself more and more time off the game to go out, see friends and do something else for a while Wink

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 12:32:20 pm »

hehe, i dont believe it brutha Wink

By the way how much does the game cost per month? when you add up the monthly fee what does it come to per year and how does that compare with the number of other games you could go out and buy as 'one off's?

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Brutha
Forum Whore

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 02:49:19 pm »

Well, I rather compare it to how many DVD's or videos or something you'd rent in a  month, because I assure you...you won't rent any movies anymore. It's wowwowowowowowow all day long..and nights too. And lets say you buy a new game every second month, right? It will still be cheaper than doing that.

Civrock

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 03:57:00 pm »

To answer the question: It's $156 for a year of WoW... Roll Eyes

Edit: I forgot to add the price of the game itself and the expansion pack(s)... that's not included.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 04:09:43 pm by Civic » Logged

z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 04:14:24 pm »

It’s worth the money Ein. The hours you will spend with this game will stop you from spending money on other stuff, so you might actually have more money in your pocket at the end of the month.

Civrock

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2006, 04:28:34 pm »

Not if he even stops working. Grin And his close-ones and friends will probably not like it either...

spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2006, 04:34:46 pm »

I think it is worth the money. WoW is incredibly massive (5 install disks!) with literally millions of ever changing possibilities and millions of people to play with. Unless you are a mega-hardcore gamer, WoW takes just as much time as you want it to. If you want to charge your way to sixty and spend 7 hours in a raid dungeon with 39 other people you can. If you want to work your way slowly to 60 playing only a couple hours a day, you can.

The game is so much more interesting than your normal repetitve FPS. You arent running around the same little space over and over and over. Even if you do come back to a area you've already been in, your relationship to it changes as your lvl and experience does. There are so many more facets to the game than your normal FPS.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
NiKLoT

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2006, 05:42:40 pm »

i think u can do both.. dont buy it and ull b happy that u didnt buy it. Buy it at ull b more then happy that u bought it all other fact were said already.
Ein

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2006, 07:05:51 pm »

Thanks for all your imput. I just bought the game and installed all 5 disks (sheesh). Im currently downloading the patches for it and hope to be playing soon. To offset the cost of the game, I have decided to quit smoking(god willing)... $15 a month far outweighs the $60 a month i was spending on cigarettes and I will be healthier for it (at least physically) in the long run.

Once again, thanks for your imput and let me know what servers you guys play on so we can meet up and you can help me advance my character.

Ein
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2006, 07:15:13 pm »

You won't be able to play for another hour or so. Stupid tuesday matinence. However after that I will probably be online. I play under the name "noripcord" on the Stormrage server. I've got a lvl 43 warrior and a lvl 11 hunter. I can get you an invite to a large guild and I can help yah out if you need it.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Civrock

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2006, 07:36:38 pm »

You should've waited for this game instead of WoW: http://www.naughtyamericathegame.com/

Grin

Brutha
Forum Whore

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2006, 10:48:19 pm »

You're in for a surprise ein...new patch out tomorrow..unless it's today on American realms.

NiKLoT

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2006, 09:32:55 am »

1.9 w00t  clapping hands
c| Lone-Wolf
*DAMN Staff
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2006, 09:55:22 am »

Any of you that play as paladins need to die.

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2006, 10:08:13 am »

I second that. Paladins are the scum of the earth.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads