*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:44:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Is WoW really worth the money?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is WoW really worth the money?  (Read 8728 times)
NiKLoT

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2006, 10:44:11 am »

pfff i pwned a 45 pala human with my 42 rogue hahah noob he was dead b4 he hit me once
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 10:47:11 am by BBs|NiKLoT » Logged
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2006, 03:37:29 pm »

which is why rouges are bullshit. warriors are were its at.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2006, 04:37:53 pm »

I just signed up with a 14-day trial I got and play on a realm called "Alex*********", I can't remember the name, it's weird. My name's Civrock and I'm a level 4 Undead Warrior. lol, so far I'm getting a fuckin' headache from the perspective and the movement... argh! But other than that, the graphics are quite nice and the quests are... lame. I'm in some city called Deathknell right now.

Anybody have a clue why the mouse cursor just disappears sometimes? When I had to dig somebody into a grave... it just disappeared and I couldn't get it back. Then I just ESCed and could hit the exit button by luck. Meh.

I don't know yet if I'll continue playing after the trial... I have a feeling that it's not my type of game. Undecided
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 06:48:47 am by Civic » Logged

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2006, 06:08:11 pm »

... you had to 'dig' somebody into a grave? Are you sure you havn't been playing stubbs the zombie? Wink

On a unrelated topic of games etc and graphics, any body tried sticking their GhR settings on to max again (i know a lot of folk turned them right down for competing/gaming etc) , but its like a damn whole new game - especially when you look at the new camo outfits in the BL mappack... awsome! Cheesy

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2006, 06:11:29 pm »

On a unrelated topic of games etc and graphics, any body tried sticking their GhR settings on to max again

You mean I've been playing with everything on Max all this time and it was hurting my gaming?

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Civrock

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2006, 06:16:33 pm »

You can also turn on FSAA and AF with ATi Displays (if you have an ATi graphics card)... Ghost Recon CAN look really damn good, but it can also kill your performance (if you have an older Mac and graphics card) and also decrease how far you can see etc.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2006, 06:20:44 pm »

You can also turn on FSAA and AF with ATi Displays (if you have an ATi graphics card)

I never thought of that, might have a go just for the sake of seeing how badly it kills the comp.

annyhoo, appolgoies for hijacking the thread there...back to WoWbble or whatever it is Wink

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2006, 08:56:13 pm »

You can also turn on FSAA and AF with ATi Displays (if you have an ATi graphics card)... Ghost Recon CAN look really damn good, but it can also kill your performance (if you have an older Mac and graphics card) and also decrease how far you can see etc.

I've done all of that and have everything set on Max and I always peg the fastest fps on every map.

Of course, here are my system specs:

PowerMac G5 Tower, Single 1.8GHz Processor
900MHz FSB
ATi Radeon X800XT 256MB Graphics Card
2.5GB RAM

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2006, 11:18:26 pm »

civ i think the trial version is massively diff from the real version.

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Civrock

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2006, 12:15:40 am »

Why? There are only a few unimportant restrictions.

And... how do you like it so far, Ein? After a 6 hour WoW marathon with Ethion I think the quests are very repetitive... and rather boring. Undecided
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 12:46:44 am by Civic » Logged

NiKLoT

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2006, 09:12:07 am »

Why? There are only a few unimportant restrictions.

And... how do you like it so far, Ein? After a 6 hour WoW marathon with Ethion I think the quests are very repetitive... and rather boring. Undecided

aha.. and after 6 h u remark that its rather borig.. u dont have anything else to do then playin 6h a "boring" game..
z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2006, 09:31:08 am »

Just imagine how repetitive it gets before reaching level 60. Quit while you can  clapping hands

spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2006, 04:18:51 pm »

Meh, playing the same damn RvS map gets repetitive.

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Civrock

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2006, 04:27:19 pm »

aha.. and after 6 h u remark that its rather borig.. u dont have anything else to do then playin 6h a "boring" game..

I was hoping for something interesting to happen as I advanved... without success. The quests were pretty much all the same, and I did like 20 of 'em. Maybe I have to play more... Tongue

Phara
BL Staff

*DAMN Battle League Admin

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2006, 05:34:45 pm »

Well, i ordered it on i think...
Monday or Tuesday. Well w/e doesnt matter. It should come tomorrow or saturday and then i can get playing. w00t
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2006, 08:24:34 pm »

Being a roleplayer, and playing on RP realms..and only RP realms I do think I get something more out of the game than ordinary players...well, it's fun anyways. And yeah, pally's ought to be shot!

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
Ein

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2006, 11:51:37 pm »

Well, I like some aspects about it such as druids shapechange abilities and the RP end like Brutha was saying but the quests are sometimes tedious and repetitive. I think the best thing to do is to get a whole bunch of quest started and then your free to roam around, completing quests in the area instead of running back and forth for every single quest.

Also movement is slow but that will probably change when I can transform into a cat or have bought a mount to ride.

Also, I have yet to see someone from the horde... The closest I have gotten to a member of the horde was when a single orc tried to raid one of the towns I was in. I didn't see him but saw messages going crazy from the town defense trying to hunt down the lonely orc. I'm sure that as I travel closer to the battle lines, I will hopefully see more and by that time, I will be high enough level to help in battling them.

Overall view so far is that yes it is addicting only cause it is so timeconsuming to get places however it is not the best nor the worst game I have ever played. I've subscribed for 3 months so far which should be long enough for me to experience most of what the game has to offer.

Ein
c| Lone-Wolf
*DAMN Staff
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2006, 12:21:18 am »

Horde > Alliance.

Yes the quests are repetative, which is why whenever looking for quests I would take ones that send me in to unexplored areas of the world, so I had something new going on while I was looking around for whatever I needed to do for the quest.  Also, having a friend to go questing with makes it a much more enjoyable thing.  Particularly if your friend is a healer (especially a priest!). 

Ein, where have you been exploring, and not finding any Horde?  In addition to the Horde being outnumbered by the Alliance on most of the servers, on my server, the central areas of the eastern continent have almost no horde presence whatsoever, because to survive there you need to be level 45+ (to survive the alliance), but the quests are all for 20-ish characters.

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
Civrock

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2006, 02:21:55 am »

Which realms are you guys in (EU servers excluded, can't access them with my version)? I have a level 8 Undead Warrior on Alexstrasza and a level 8 Dwarf Warrior on Kul'Tiras. Both are called Civrock.

And heh... I play a few hours of WoW during the day and a few hours of AA in the evening (unless I have work that day). Kinda cool, it's a good alternation which makes me want to play more of FPS (AA in particular) because, to be honest, I got a little numb of them, too. Smiley

Ein

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2006, 05:15:00 am »

Currently, I've only got one character, a 15th level night elf druid. I started out in darnassus and am now exploring the norther end of the western continent. I don't know what server I'm on but will gladly change if I find out where you all are. Perhaps we should all start on the same server playing as hordes (since they are outnumbered and I love being the underdog).

Ein
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads