*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:45:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ghost Recon *DBL Map Pack 3 - Some Changes - Vote Now!  (Read 20880 times)
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2005, 11:26:25 am »

This map is great, I found very few flaws.  A great cqb map.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
cO.twist

« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2005, 01:53:14 pm »

http://www.planetrainbowsix.com/monoman/downloads/GhostVillage.sitx
z][t-Primary

« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2005, 03:49:31 pm »

sorry to ruin the perfect series of "its a great map" comments, but i definitely cant say that i would want this map to be in the DBL pack. the map is nicely made with few bugs i assume, but it really isnt a ghost recon map. there is basically NO open space, and it would maybe be more suitable for a 1v1 or something.

ghost recon maps should really be ghost recon maps. im sure we can all see the difference btwn ACTUAL ghr maps that came with the game, as opposed to most maps which were either converted or created as a whole. examples being dust, chalet, swat training etc.

the map is rather beautiful except for the 10fps on my machine, even with most settings on LOW, but i dont think it's suitalble for a CB.
eur.reddust

« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2005, 09:57:33 pm »

Hi,

in Sept. 2004 i made a skin mod for multiplayer games that is available here:

http://www.damnr6.com/macmods/grskin.shtml# called "Even Uniforms Range".

I think the name gives You all the imagination of what this mod is good for but You may want to read the info in the download section (or below). Then view the included pdf.

I like to suggest to make this a part of the *DBL packs.

Since this is a "stand alone mod" with a few special features there must be some adjustments for *DBL needs: i.e. Red and Gold team only, no second sniper... and btw. the current version is v.1.3 (with female voice for all female troops).

--->
Description: "Even Uniforms Range" is a compilation of third party skins that finally eliminates the disadvantages of the original characters in the original Ghost Recon game.

The player gets the opportunity to advance to a mature play style while having better camouflaged uniforms for each platoon.

Now all characters have the best camouflage available and gain maximum advantage in all given terrains.

Special features are
- a second sniper in urban camo for each platoon
- a complete female squad

This mod is compatible to Desert Siege, Island Thunder and also recommended to the *DBL Packs 1.5 and 2.55.

This is the actual update: "Even Uniforms Range v1.1" is now no more influenced by "=X=Mod".
<---

« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 10:03:50 pm by [EUR] Red Dust » Logged
[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2005, 10:32:45 pm »

I have this mod and i love it. I was hosting it off and on for awhile and people seemed to like it too. [:] Weak was always asking me to open up the squad of chicks so he could be on it.

The camo is great and really makes a difference of maps like Wilderness and Creekbed.
If there's some way to incorporate it into the new Map Pack, I'm all for it. It would really be great because the standard camo is so unbalanced in the game.

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
{E} 357mag

"Just try and control me"

« Reply #125 on: August 25, 2005, 10:44:40 pm »

i have to agree with what he says there about the even uniforms, many times in a cb or in reg gamplay i kill people or get killed because they, or i, have less camo than some of the other team. notice that in alot of games the guys have shirt sleaves on, then in other games they do not..... the point is i get a kill on a guy better if his big hairy white arms are hanging out of a bush than if he had full sleaved shirts on (makes him alot more visable), so with that being said, if were gona dump so much time in getting this map pack "right" then lets do it the right way and make it so everyone has the same uniforms better camo ect., i have played the even uniforms and it is alot better, this will make the game alot more competiative and enhance gameplay for everyone, lets make it an even playing field for everyone, no one team should have an advantage on the other just because his uniforms are differant.....this mod has already been made, so why cant it be included??.......the permission is there from the maker so lets include this mod.there arent any excuses. and besides why should the game be the male gender only? i know this would excite red tigah alot to be able to go around as a hot chick and kick all u guys asses as a female player (sorry to call you out like that tigah but your an excellent example of guys getting schooled by girls Smiley
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 10:46:36 pm by {E} 357mag » Logged
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #126 on: August 25, 2005, 10:52:55 pm »

Hey RedDust good idea, I completely forgot about it - the last mail you sent me about it was from 30th september 2004 ;-) So where can I get the latest version? Then I can also update the *DAMN Mac Downloads Version.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
{E} 357mag

« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2005, 11:08:12 pm »

thanks [:] T and mauti for pushing this mod..... agree 100%
[a] ferret

« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2005, 02:19:26 am »

I like the skins just the way they are. I'm sorry for inputing this info on this thread if it has not steared toward this subject. I don't know if this is something that we are voting on.

STFU

« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2005, 02:28:38 am »

Perhaps a little note as to why you like them would help us understand your post

[a] ferret

« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2005, 02:55:51 am »

You're all assuming people use the IFF = Names or Reticule to ensure they dont TK. If everybody had "even uniforms" making the appear at a glance to be on your team, your altering the way another person has to play the game. I dont use my ret for anything. Just aim and shoot. If my team has a skin I remember it because thats how I play. Maybe I'm the only one so majority overideds minority, but is this even involved in the vote?

Civrock

« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2005, 02:59:16 am »

We're "assuming" it because IFF = Names is set part of the rules for GhR, since many seasons. The use of it is forced.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
[a] ferret

« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2005, 03:15:41 am »

Actually thats for server settings, not your personal settings. Just because you have the server set to IFF=Names does not mean that your IFF will show names above everybody. You still have the option to turn them off under your personal options under Gameplay. The reason the server is set to IFF=Names is so that people who do use Names will have them appear on their screen while playing in your server.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 03:19:54 am by [a] ferret » Logged

{E} 357mag

« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2005, 03:22:00 am »

hmm....... yea id like to know why no one would not want to make the skins even....... in a cb do they have a special tattoo on there arm that makes it so they can identify there team or something? as far as more tks, were all pros here i dont think thats an issue, i think everyone runs iff names and remember if your reticle is pointed at your teammate then it changes colors regaurdless of what he is wearing.  
Kangaroo

« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2005, 03:30:01 am »

I too have never used names.
I also thought one of the advantages in a cb for the non-hosting team was to pick camo color?

STFU

« Reply #135 on: August 26, 2005, 06:46:21 pm »

Ferret... I know what you're saying... when  spawn I look at my teams uniform and think "okay, we've got the vests on" and I just shoot at the guys without them rarely paying attention to the IFF. However, this even uniforms mod doesn't make all the uniforms on each squad the same. It just makes them more evenly balanced as far as their ability to conceal. To 357's point --- the guys with the short sleeve show up a lot easier than the guys with long ones. I still think they are visually distinct enough to keep us from mistaking friend for foe.

I wouldn't think this would be a TK issue for pro players like yourself. It might be a problem for noobs, but then again... who even knows if they notice the difference in uniforms?

Musk_Melon

« Reply #136 on: August 31, 2005, 05:35:38 am »

So will all of these (Maps,Skins and whatever you guys are talking about adding) be put in to one mod?
Because it sounds like your getting up on the size of the DL.I wouldnt care but it's just so hard for me to DL large files.

Always hold on to thy Musket.

STFU

« Reply #137 on: August 31, 2005, 05:51:31 am »

Looks like it'll be 200MB.

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #138 on: August 31, 2005, 07:55:34 am »

Stuffed?

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Civrock

« Reply #139 on: August 31, 2005, 08:03:00 am »

Yes, and as it seems most probably even less than that.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads