*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:28:31 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AARM Nato 2.0 Graphics  (Read 3094 times)
GunRunner

« on: January 19, 2005, 12:06:21 am »

Folks,
I installed the AARM Nato2.0 Mod for Mac & it runs great; sort of. The weapons choices/sounds are a distinct improvement, but there are a few strange glitches that I wonder if anybody else experiences.
Quite often the graphic boxes that show the various mag or accessory choices are scrambled with lines. And, the graphic doesn't always match the item chosen; like the primary mag for the MP5 being displayed as shotgun shells?
I know this is a piddling complaint, but I'm just curious as to whether this is characteristic of the Mac mod & not the PC version, and if there is a patch to correct it. v2.1 doesn't seem to be offered for the Mac.
I know R6 is an old game & the graphics aren't as fancy as some of the newer offerings, but it's a classic & I'd rather run it on my PowerBook G4 than on my Intel P4 desktop.

Oh, and....I've been looking for a copy of Rogue Spear for Mac. Are there any out there? I have the PC version. I bought it years ago. But, like I said, the Mac is more fun. Any leads?
Thanks for any help with either or both.

Subsequent Addendum: The folks at AARM say that no NATO Mac version of R6 was ever authorized?! They say it isn't ported correctly?

Regards,
The GunRunner
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 09:25:08 pm by GunRunner » Logged

The GunRunner
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 08:13:27 pm »

Mauti,
Sorry to keep bothering you with this. I guess I never realized the animosity that exists between the PC & Mac communities. I was always a PC guy & only recently converted my allegiance. I still use the PC for some routine tasks for which I don't (yet) have Mac software, but the Mac OS is definitely my favorite. Especially for gaming. But, I asked the AARM forum questions about the following problem & got dismissed pretty hard for asking a Mac question. And, the DAMN forum hasn't resulted in any hits yet.

Here's the conundrum: I downloaded the Nato v2.1 NATO patch for R6 from your Mac download page and went to install it. I looked at the installation instructions and they mentioned .zip & .exe files. They then said that it would install the folder NATO_FULL on my hard drive, and that there was a mod manager function inside whereby I could chose which weapons to use, etc.

I dragged the patch to my R6 folder & I ran the installer. It asked where to install to & I chose R6 Data Files. The install went fine; I thought. At least it said it did. But, no files appeared. At least none that I noticed, no new folder. I'm used to GR where each mod has it's own folder and there is a "mod manager". I didn't check to see if the data2 file names had changed. I then ran the game & the AARM NATO2 logo came up, the weapons/kit choices said AARM, and the game seemed (seemed) to run fine. But, I soon noticed that 1.) when selecting kit options (magazines) often the graphic was unreadable/scrambled or it didn't match the weapon it was to be used in, 2.) in the game the weapons most often looked like an MP5-SD, not what was chosen (like a Barrett .50 BMG for example), and 3.) often the NATO 2.0 weapons made no sound. And, there was no utility for choosing what type of NATO weapons you could chose from as the install text suggested.

So, my questions.....Are you familiar with this mod? Are my problems common? When installing a R6 mod/patch to what folder do you install; where will I detect changes?

And, if the PC guys are going to be so arrogant, is there a source for learning how to successfully port a mod myself? Or, should I just be a good little lemming & stick to my P4?

Regards & sincerest apologies for any inconvenience,
Cry Jack the GunRunner

Hi Jack,

well you haven't done anything wrong, because Rainbow Six didn't have any mods folder. The installer(Nato 2.0 from our Mac downloads) installs all files into the same R6 folders where your original data is stored. Further you don't have to activate any mods. Just start the game and you should be able to select a bunch of new weapons and other things. For Rainbow Six you also don't have any new weapon models, because there weren't any plugins for modders to create some. So you only have a new weapon pic and different stats. That's it.

About the sound issue: that can happen on some weaps. I didn't made the conversion but I guess some long filenames are the reason. At all I suggest you to get the ITF 8.2 weapon mod or the Rainbow Six Never Dies mod I made back in the days, which also contains a few new guns, 1 new weap and some cool new effects. You can find a review here! and get both files at our Mac Downloads.

Hope that helps and explained the "strange" things you experienced.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
GunRunner

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 05:58:46 pm »

Mauti,
Thanks for the info.
Just curious. What would be the point of having graphics of weapons to choose from if you couldn't see them (or, hear them?) in the game?

No matter. I downloaded R6 Never Dies as you suggested. Went fine.
Where should I put the Installer to install the files? Should I drop it into R6? Or, R6 Data?

Thanks a bunch,
 Grin Jack

The GunRunner
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 10:07:27 pm »

Well in the year 2000, modding wasnt that popular at all. Nevertheless you have different weap statistics.

About R6 Never Dies, it should auto detect your R6 installation. You don't have to point it anywhere. Just press install.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads