*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:51:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  "Baited", Loudnotes? - A few comments
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "Baited", Loudnotes? - A few comments  (Read 3374 times)
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« on: May 04, 2003, 09:20:59 am »

Let's start out on a positive note; Loudnote, I think you're doing a great job as a moderator, and I really appreciate your strict way of moderating, I think it really keeps down those 'flame war' threads.

However, I do have a few problems with the way that you've handled recent issues.

For starters, Myst's thread mocking Snipey. - Such threads are part of this forum. Just because it's not political, and not 100% constructive doesn't mean that it doesn't deserve comment. With some of the recent things that Snipey has done, perhaps it is time for the people of this community to clearly point out how he's acting.

There is a point, which would've been reached soon, where this thread should've been locked, however, I think that there are a lot of people out there who would like to make comments before you lock it. - I speak as someone who commonly defends people who are getting endlessly mocked. There is a certian point where a thread needs to be locked, or posts need to be deleted, and in this case, I don't belive that we had reached that point yet.

Onto your "baited" comment in the Moderator Thread.

Let's take a look at a few of Snipey's posts.  

Please follow me in going to Snipey's profile, and viewing his past 10 posts.

1.)
Bah, stop using this (my) thread for a chat board, You may use it only for replying to this Poll..

He asks people not to reply to his thread, but to only leave their response to his poll - Sorry Snipey, this is a forum, this is where questions are answered, arguments take place, and opinions are formed and posted.

2.)
Just su ultimo, your really not that special..

How about if he were to support that with some facts? Generally, replies in the form of posts should be longer than replies in a chat on GameRanger.

3.) He starts a thread ( propperly puncuated, for once ) talking about SARs hitting Canada, the only problem is that such news is very old.

4.) He posts in a thread, with a post saying "anyway, i dont really care". Snipey, don't post if you don't care.

5.)
hahahahaha, I wonder how that happened..

Yet again, another post that doesn't really mean anything.

6.)
If I had SARS I would probably soon die, so I'd probably live the rest of my life in fear..

Wow, now a post that is not only useless, but makes no sense whatsoever.

Those are just a few recent examples, you can find flawless spam examples kindly produced by Snipey, scattered all over these boards, recently.

Someone is not being "baited" when they keep throwing more wood on the fire, by starting more and more threads, and making more and more useless posts.

[/color]

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2003, 10:01:38 am »

This about says it all.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2003, 10:05:53 am »

Deleteing "spam" from people who are tired of snipey's babbling isn't cool. When was the last time you were on gr? You would begin to notice every 3rd line in the chat as a link to one of his websites, or his blog. Most people gave him a chance, i even was interviewed for blazenet in the beginning. We are tired and pissed off, and we don't want to read about any Klown Mafias.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
ROFL
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2003, 10:56:35 am »

"Klown Mafia"

ROFL, LMAO, LOL! Grin
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Cold, calculated and brutal as greatness requires.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2003, 03:26:28 pm »

I agree with Typhy in the respect that not all threads need to be political or necessarily helpful or constructive.  You have to let a thread live, that thread was obviously going to reach the point where posts needed to be deleted and it was going to be locked, but not necessarily yet.

Now as for Snipey, I think he is an idiot.  I've given him several chances and I just wish he wouldn't post here.  It would make everything easier.  He posts one line posts that help nobody nor really contribute to the discussion.  If you have something to say about the subject say it, not just a Gameranger chat line, if you don't care or you think someone is stupid there is no need to post it.  Try proving it.  His one line posts make it hard to moderate, sometimes you don't know when to leave it/delete it or just start crying because he's making it so hard and sounds so stupid.

Evill: Infection, Hazard, take your duo act back to the Bar & Grill.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2003, 04:41:21 pm »

WTF loudnotes, maybe I could understand deleting my anti-snipey poll, but why the fuck delete my beautiful story. People seemed to like it fine, so whats the point. People hated snipey's story and that didn't get it locked within the first few hours.

You're abusing your power as a moderator to mold this board into your lil' dream of a politically correct heaven. This board is called GENERAL GOSSIP! For the love of god, let us gossip! Let us have fun on here. People dont want "DELETE" and "MOVED" threads just because you dont agree with the post.

You want your own politically correct board, GO MAKE ONE. Don't fuck around with what isn't yours to mold. People liked the "storie" and I will post the whole version noe that the "plott" has been aproved.

Either drop your dream of a debating about no fun posts or shut the fuck up.

P.S. I made a copy of this post, and the storie post so drop it.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2003, 05:06:32 pm »

Ok. . .as I've explained to Psycho in the moderators section, I was a little carried away last night. . .I was tired and I overdid it.  

But however annoying Snipey may be on GR, I was standing up for him based on what I saw on this forum.  I saw someone who was banned from the forum for spamming.  I saw him promise not to spam any further.  Then I saw him make an unintelligent post and promptly be crucified by everyone on this board.  

I'm not against "having fun" but the majority of you ought to have better things to do than pick on a 13-year old with poor judgement.  The incendiary comments and threads I deleted might have been fun, but all they seemed to do was cajole Snipey into some pithy defense of himself, which was usually so badly worded it might as well have been spam.  Yes, those were the last 10 posts, for the most part.

All I say is to give him a chance.  This isn't GR.  

So, first of all, I'm sorry for overreacting.  But secondly, we've talked about preventing flame wars here.  And I don't care how politically correct you think it is, if you make a thread blatantly mocking someone who obviously won't be able to defend himself, I'll delete it.  If you want to fuck around with someone who can't spell, do it on another board.  

So, Typhy Assassin, and Infection - I apologize to you.  I overstepped my bounds.  Jeb - if you don't want to read about it, don't read it.  You don't have to mock it incessantly.  And mysterio - grow up.

If any of the other moderators, after reading this, think your "storie" is worth bringing back, they will.  Have all the fun you want on this board, but not at the expense of others.

(unless they be political leaders Grin)

< insert clever and original signature here >
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2003, 05:43:47 pm »

My only suggestion is if you're going to delete posts, please do it totally and not move 'em to an off-limits section... some of us might want to read them, and having the posts there but out of reach is just brutal.

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Leader, Founder, Ownage incarnate
Clan *NADS
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2003, 05:46:20 pm »

Lol Capt. . .individual posts are gone for good, but we've adopted a policy of moving whole threads to a zone where at least one other moderator needs to confirm that they need to be deleted before they are.  That was mostly as a result of trigger-happy people like myself deleting things irrevocably on a moment's notice.  Now there's some confirmation from others.

However, I think the mocking thread was one that might as well have been discarded off the face of the earth.

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2003, 05:53:59 pm »

Why don't you go make a forum with all your lil political debates and 100% contructive posts somewhere else. People don't want fun posts delete or moved to be deleted. And who said it was a mockery post, I have full intent to finish my story and post it for review. So go find somewhere else to be a Hitl...well...I can't say that cause people would be offend, so ill say: Take your anti fun post laws somwhere else, cause you can't kill them all

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2003, 05:59:22 pm »

Your right, this isn't GR. However no one is going to magically forget what a dumbass he is on GR, then come here to see what an even bigger dumbass he is and not say anything. On Gr he spams so much evill threatened to filter his links. Its not just me who picks on him, in-fact dozens of people give him constructive criticism every day which is largly ignored.  I don't give two shits if you want to feel good about being a "moral person" by deleting my posts of slander at snipey. Frankly I'm sick of him and i really don't care anymore.

If you wanna help snipey out start deleting all of his sentence fragment posts, and posts that make no sense what so ever, then just maybe he might learn and people won't get a chance to harass  him

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2003, 06:04:18 pm »

Jeb, for the most part I've started doing that.  Still, here he deserves a chance.  And I'm sorry you're sick of him, but you don't need to make things worse, which is all harassing him will do.  And I don't give two shits about being moral.  I just don't want to read anyone's slander any more than you want to read Snipey's spam.  If he continues to spam, that will be deleted as well.  He may potentially still be warned and/or banned from this forum.  But for the moment, he will have the same standards as everyone else.

Furthermore, I never suggested you were the only one picking on him.  Frankly, you've given better constructive criticism than most.  Generally I tend to treat "dumbasses" as people who can learn. . .so either ignore him or work with him.

Mysterio, I've said it before and I'll say it again; grow up.

jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2003, 06:08:59 pm »

Also, Typhy, thank you for the reasonable way you phrased your post.  Again, I'll try to be less zealous in the future.

On the other hand, Mysterio - if you want people to read your "storie" put it on your own website, or post it in GR chat.  Do not post it on this message board, unless another moderator here specifically tells you you may.

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2003, 06:18:26 pm »

some admin fix this noobs double post!

John Lennon
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2003, 07:01:27 pm »

I appreciate your being willing to admit that you were a bit 'lock & delete" happy last night. Wink

However, I do have some comments on some of your posts.

if you make a thread blatantly mocking someone who obviously won't be able to defend himself, I'll delete it.?

So now what matters is how well equipt the person is to defend themselves? If Infection or I were to act the same way as Snipey, and have a thread created to mock us, it wouldn't be deleted, beceause we're able to defend ourselves?

All I say is to give him a chance.? This isn't GR.?

I agree. I hate when people come bitch at me on GameRanger for things I said on the forums. However, you have to take into account that this is a forum were most everyone comes from GameRanger, and many of the isssues which are talked about here started on GameRanger.

I give everyone a 'new life' so to speak, when they come to the forums at first, regardless of what I think of them on GameRanger; Snipey has managed to ruin himself in both lives.

I've pointed out tons of spam posts that Snipey has made. I'd ask you to point out one, very good post that he has made.

I could show you 50+ spam posts that Snipey has made ( Rather sad, since he has made less than 100 ). I've made over 1,800 posts, go back through mine, and try and find 50.

Snipey has been given tons of chances, by almost everyone in this community, and each time, he has failed.

[/color]

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2003, 09:37:24 pm »

How about we all just show eachother a sliver of respect? You don't all have to jump on a guy everytime he says something dumb, or writes a poorly written story. You can give constructive criticism, sure, and it is in your rights to call him an idiot, but that doesn't mean you have to. The kid is 13. I never read the story, but at least he's trying. He's doing something constructive with his energy, not just laying around, snorting blow and stuff. Sure, his writing could use a lot of polishing, but once again, he's only 13. He just needs a little motivation to use a dictionary or spell-check.
 Now, I do agree that he posts a lot(most of it pointless), but then again, so do a lot of people here. Not to single you out, Typhy, or call your posts pointless, but you registered for this forum 3 months before I did, and you have almost 2,000 posts. I have around 200. Now, I'm not saying you're a spammer, but you do post quite a bit. The only big difference between you and Snipey is that you use good grammar and proper English, and Snipey does not. You also don't spam websites and start useless polls...but still. Maybe you could help guide Snipey in the right direction, since you post a lot, but still keep your posts insightful and thought-provoking. Taking part in flaming him won't help him change, it'll just make him super-defensive and angry.
Anyways, back on topic. I think Loudnotes did the right thing in deleting the thread. He prevented a flame war, which is his job. I think Snipey has been warned enough now, and I'm confident he'll be more careful with his posts.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2003, 10:21:23 pm »

Mellow, if you read his origonaly story thread, you will see that I defended him.

I said that it takes lots of guts to post something like that here, where everyone will try to pick it apart. I also gave him some suggestions of how to make his writing more interesting in the future.

What did I get in response for this? Shit from him on GameRanger, and a fake "Quote of The Week" on his site ( with my name spelled wrong, I might add ). He treated me disrespectfuly, so I turn it back at him.

Mellow, I enjoy arguments, as well as this community. About 1,200 of my posts came in the 6 months that I was ban, simply because there was nothing better to do.

Take a look at Grifter, he registered for this forum at the same time as SWAT Matt, but at the time that Matt had 150 posts, Grifter had nearly 1,200.

Comparing Snipey's posts to mine is like comparing my sister to Allen Iverson - they both play basketball. That's about it. They have nothing else in common.

*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2003, 10:36:53 pm »

Why the hell does it matter? It was Loudnotes descision as a moderator to lock that thread and thats it. Just do something else for fun.... like photoshop snipey's cats in very awkward situations.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2003, 11:45:02 pm »

ooo haz... great idea... now who has a picture of Snipey himself?

I'm going to borrow an analogy I heard in fencing for this..

When you're on the forums, nothing is higher than the Mods. The order of command goes something like this:

3. The President
2. God
1. Moderators

No when you're on the forums, you unquestioningly follow the mods word as law, or you may get your posts deleted, threads locked, or (god forbid) kicked off the forum.

Personally, I think most of the mods here are rather fair to most posts, even if they are story spam. They even allowed my tales of sadistic sheep to remain posted. So even total bullshit stories can remain if they're (relatively) well written.

Snipey's original thread asked for feedback, and he got it. Therefore I believe his original thread should remain, as it had a purpose behind it. He shouldn't have started new threads for the new topic, just added them to his current thread.

Lotta shoulda-coulda-wouldas, but that's all past. Gawd damn this makes no sense. I prolly shouldn't even post it. Too late.

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Leader, Founder, Ownage incarnate
Clan *NADS
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2003, 01:09:35 am »

I demand the right of free speach so I can write my story and be left alone. So lets all just not delete threads and allow me and snipey to write our stories and have fun.

SO plz, undo the move and let poor mysty and young snipey to continue writing in peace!!

P.S. Who said my thread was targeted at anyone?

John Lennon
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads