*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:18:08 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Official IRSL Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official IRSL Thread  (Read 12693 times)
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« on: August 04, 2002, 03:53:21 pm »

? ? This is the home of all updates and info regarding the International Rogue Spear League (IRSL).

What's new   (Aug 7) Added a section on team names, at the bottom of this post.

? ? What is the IRSL? ? The IRSL is an independent league which is not affiliated with the *DAMN Battle League in any way. The IRSL is modeled after professional sports leagues: it is based around teams rather than clans, and has trades and a draft.

? ? Does this mean that I have to leave my clan? ? No, absolutely not, nothing could be further from the truth. The IRSL is wholly unrelated to the *DAMN Battle League. You don't have to leave your clan. At the same time, your clan affiliation (if any) has no bearing on who you will be teamed with in the IRSL. When playing in the IRSL, you are not playing for your clan.

? ? Does playing in the IRSL bar me from playing in the *DAMN 1v1 or clan tournaments? ? Nope.

? ? How many teams will there be? ? At the time of this writing, we have 45 players. We will have nine teams of five. More is always better, though, so tell your friends! : ) However, signups will be cut off early at 50 people.

? ? When is all this happening? ? Signups for the 1st IRSL season are taking place right now. The last day to sign up is August 14th.

? ? The draft will take place three days later, on Saturday, August 17th. The delay between the end of signups and the draft is so that the team captains may play with the players they do not know, in order to be better-informed for the draft.

? ? The season runs the duration of September: opening day is September 1st, and the end of the season is September 30th.

? ? Great, where can I sign up? ? In the signup thread: http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~damnr6/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=GR&action=display&num=1028146712

? ? Okay, fine fine. What's actually involved? ? Each team will play a game with each other team. Games are not scheduled ahead of time. All games must simply be finished by the end of the season. The winning team is the team with the most points at the end of the season. The standard *DAMN Battle League rules are used during the games.

? ? Explain the points system. ? A win is worth 3 points. A tie or loss in overtime is worth 1 point. A loss is worth zero points. If a game is not played by the end of the season, both teams receive a loss for that game. Note that a tie only occurs if agreed upon by both teams.

? ? ? Result ? ? ?Points
? ? Win ? ? ? ? ?3
? ? Tie ? ? ? ? ?1
? ? OT Loss ? ? ?1
? ? Loss ? ? ? ? 0
? ? Default ? ? ?0

? ? What's all this jibber-jabber about trades? ? The exact process of trading players has yet to be worked out. It will probably be conducted through this forum and it will be mediated by the IRSL admins (Bondo, Brain, and myself). The purpose of such mediation is primarily to avoid collusion; that is, we want to avoid clans reforming in the IRSL. Brain and I are playing in the IRSL, so we will be barred from mediating if our own teams are involved. Uneven trades are allowed, but a team must be composed of at least three players before and after any trade. Any trade is allowed (subject to mediation) as long as both involved teams agree to it.

? ? What do the team captains do? ? The team captain is assigned to their team before the draft, in order to have a spokesman for the purpose of the draft. The captain will be responsible for being present during the draft on August 17th, and will draft players to his team. After the draft, the role of the captain is up to each individual team.

? ? Hey, sounds great! How do I become a captain? ? Contact Bondo either through this forum (Bondo) or on GameRanger (*DAMN Bondo) and let him know that you wish to be a captain. If we have more potential captains than we have openings for captains, there will be a vote conducted through this forum to decide who the captains are.

? ? Any other details? ? Each player in the League must play in at least two games during the course of the season, and must play in at least one game with each team they are traded to. We want everyone to have a chance to play.

What will the teams be named?   The team names are up to the captains, and they will be decided upon after the captains are finalized. After the draft, each team may change its name once. The limit on name changes is to avoid confusion from multiple name changes during a season.

? ? Wait just a cotton-pickin' minute! You didn't answer my question! ? Send me a message through the forum (send it to mrlothario) and ask away.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
?(uNt?YodaTi.Hfa

Flames not a noob but he sucks.

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2002, 04:02:37 pm »

Bondo if need be, i will be a captain if other people want to be captains let them. I'll be a captain if noone else will. Cool

P.S. last pick prediction Flame-----> Embarrassed  its ok me and flame are buds he doesnt suck to bad *cough*
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

"Friends, respect yourselves as men, respect each other in the moil of battle! Men with a sense of shame survive more often then they perish. Those who [flee] have neither fighting power nor any honor."        -Argives; Homer's Iliad
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2002, 04:05:25 pm »

i'm in this thing right?, if so i don't want to be picked last Sad

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Mattster
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2002, 04:10:48 pm »

By The way Can i be a Captain?
Bondo
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2002, 04:38:06 pm »

Your post looks good Loth, I'm being a bit lazy as I'm divided between two computers and two houses right now (housesitting).

Anyway the purpose of this post was

Captain Candidates
Ben
Yoda
Mattster
Wombat
Capt Anarchy
Farmer Jeb
Loth
Typhy
Brain
Geek USA
?(uNt?YodaTi.Hfa

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2002, 12:49:28 am »

Wow, im the best of the captain canidates  Grin *cough* damn cold, hmmmm we definatly need more captains im volunteering Flame to be a captain Wink

"Friends, respect yourselves as men, respect each other in the moil of battle! Men with a sense of shame survive more often then they perish. Those who [flee] have neither fighting power nor any honor."        -Argives; Homer's Iliad
Bondo
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2002, 01:49:22 am »

Assuming we can get 4 more we are thinking 9 teams of 5 so we'd need at least 4 more.  And no Yoda, we don't accept nominations at this time, we only want people who want the job.
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2002, 08:56:30 pm »

Here is what I see going in the first round: Silvio, VooDoo, Dest, Xo, Nomad, Rebel, Geek, Lothario, Robert, Tech9ne.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
.p u n i s h e r.

punn2

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2002, 08:56:52 pm »

i think IRSL should have its own website.

punn2
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2002, 10:16:08 pm »

are you voulenteering to make it pun?
if we could get some donated web space that would be great.

I would do some of my own predictions of draft picks, but instead i'll stick with some general suggestions(since i havent played a whole lot with all of the canidates)
I would take a hard look at members of the top 5 or 10 clans in the bl who have voulenteered for the IRSL.  They arent on top for nothing. KoS and Virus members are good bets along with people from AK and -|U|-

Remember that team work plays a large part as well. Just because these are the top 4 clans doesnt neccessarly mean that all their players are going to be RS superstars.  3 good players can decimate a team made up of a RS god and 2 total noobs

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Bondo
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2002, 10:35:02 pm »

Watches as Loth drafts himself in the first round...and second round...and third...and fourth.

Note that there will be restrictions from drafting members of the same clan. ?We strictly want to avoid having the clans reform in any way as it defeats the purpose. ?Also something that we added to the rules late, every member of the team has to play in 2 CBs minimum and at least 1 on their current team if traded.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2002, 12:20:35 am »

As you know of course, and the start of the IRSL talks, I was very negitive and against the idea, I thought that it would ruin respected clans etc. Also, I didn't like the idea of the Battle League being stoped for it. However, with the other tornaments going on, ( 1v1 and Clan ), I decided that it was kinda a cool idea to try out, that is why I have now joined and applied for a captian posistion. This will be starting in under a month now, I would like to work out how it will all work soon so that we can start getting rid of the problems ASAP. 10 teams, each with 5 people. My proposed system for how this should work goes as followed:

Draft picks: Each one of the 10 team captians will get 5 draft picks. - With these picks they should pick players who are the best, not in order of who their friends are, if we have captians just picking their friends, then there are going to be several really weak clans. To make the league as competitive as possible, clans should be picked fairly. To help out with this, I will go through all of the players and do a scouting report on them, seeing as I've played for over a year, so I've seen everyone play. This should help people in knowing who to pick. Once drafted, a player will have to agree to play for the clan who they are drafted with, or will have to leave the league, and face other punishments.

Trades: Each team is required to have at least 4 players. - This leaves room to trade 2 people for 1, etc. But makes sure that a clan doesn't trade all of their players away for one player. To make a trade happen, over %50 of the clan must agree to it, this way, we don't have leaders trading away people to get their friends along side them, when their friends may not be as good as who was traded. So, for a 5 person team, 3 must agree to it, for a 4 person clan, 3 people must agree to it, etc.

Team names: Yes, perhaps lame, but it will be an issue, what the teams are named. The team names should be agreed upon by the league staff before the league starts, this way there are no fights between clan members over this. Names such as Cunt, *NADS and things like that ( Just examples ) should be avoided. Clans names either like AK or KoS, that sort of style, or SWAT, FBI, CIA style.

Clan battles: For the regular season, a clan battle may be done any way, 2v2, 3v3 etc. For the tornament, all battles should be 3v3.

Regular season: Each clan should have to do an 8 battle season, in this time they may clan battle any of the clans. The limit is 2 cbs against 1 clan. This will work our Ranks: 1 vs 10,   2 vs 9,   3 vs 8,   4 vs 7, 5 vs 6.

Also, I don't think that there should be rules against drafting people from your own clan. - This should be seperate from the rest, but, if the player is avalible, then it's the captians right to take him, it should go with taking who is the best though, not taking who you like best.

In my opinion, this should be part of the battle league, but also independent, perhaps contact Deadeye and try and get space from Macclans.com

This is my idea for how this system should be run, please post what you think.

-Typhy

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2002, 01:32:13 am »

um... i have alot of spare time right now, so i'll volunteer to make the site and maintain it. i guess i'm good enough to do it,
judge for yourself,
http://homepage.mac.com/farmerjeb/cunt.html
i'm also a flash noob, but anyhow, i'd do it, plus maintain it.

and another idea, why not have a theme to the team names... like beer lables and things like that
"team old E, Team heineken, Team guiness, team coors" for example, it doesn't have to be beer names, but you get the idea.

oh and i don't want to be a captin, cause to many people want me to pick them if i was the leader, i'll just go for the luck of the draw. it would be really interesting battling beside rapid on a team. i think it would be a fun idea.

?(uNt?YodaTi.Hfa

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2002, 01:42:48 am »

are you voulenteering to make it pun?
if we could get some donated web space that would be great.

I would do some of my own predictions of draft picks, but instead i'll stick with some general suggestions(since i havent played a whole lot with all of the canidates)
I would take a hard look at members of the top 5 or 10 clans in the bl who have voulenteered for the IRSL. ?They arent on top for nothing. KoS and Virus members are good bets along with people from AK and -|U|-

Remember that team work plays a large part as well. Just because these are the top 4 clans doesnt neccessarly mean that all their players are going to be RS superstars. ?3 good players can decimate a team made up of a RS god and 2 total noobs

Ok, Typhy i hardly ever play with you (only played against you once in a cb ?k vs +Stfu+ i was with casper and we tied you had myst on your team. Casper really sux. Just refreshing your memory Wink)

With the quote above, you can't go directly by that some of the good players aren't in the top clans (though may have once been  Sad  <(----me) Most of the good players are but, Xoclipse, Robert, Capt. Anarchy and I are all not . Therefore, you can't just go by top clans.

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2002, 01:52:31 am »

I fail to understand your post Yoda, please explain.

Bondo
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2002, 02:13:57 am »

Typhy, I think we can handle the rules on our own.  Thanks though.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2002, 03:00:46 am »

I figured that, however, I just thought that I would offer that as my thoughs.

iBeer

Wut Up

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2002, 04:44:43 am »

im kinda pissed that i havent been mentiond but i guess thats how it goes....anyways im just confirming  that im still in, cus i dont wanna be like a last pic for some noob team

To whom it may concern: eat my shit.
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2002, 10:16:47 am »

well, the one thing that we havent discussed in detail was team names.

i was oint to say that the captains were responsible for comming up with the team name for the draft. all existing clan names would be off limits.

if the name really sucked, then the team could vote to  change it at any time.

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2002, 11:18:39 am »

even if you were on a noob team ibeer... i'm sure it would be a good noob team.
btw, why isn't rob listed in the top round draft choices, he owns.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads