*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:27:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Official IRSL Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official IRSL Thread  (Read 12692 times)
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2002, 12:11:53 pm »

Brain, I have to disagree with you there, the reason for that is clans like (unt and *NADS, I know at least 3 people, when they asked what clan to join, and I recomended (unt, they said that they didn't like the name, personaly, I think that we sould name clans after the security services from countries, MI5, CIA, FBI etc.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
?(uNt?YodaTi.Hfa

Flames not a noob but he sucks.

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2002, 12:34:34 pm »

I kinda liked the idea of using bear brands as the team names. Maybe even using names like Team Vodka.

"Friends, respect yourselves as men, respect each other in the moil of battle! Men with a sense of shame survive more often then they perish. Those who [flee] have neither fighting power nor any honor."        -Argives; Homer's Iliad
Bondo
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2002, 12:58:04 pm »

I agree with Brain, captains have naming rights (with exceptions to what is allowed possibly) and that there will be no set theme.  But perhaps for team names try not to have the team name be like a clan name (acronym) but rather have it be a bit like a sports team name...location (real or fictional) and mascot.
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2002, 02:59:12 pm »

what about teams named like...
Team Capt. Morgans
team Joze cuarvo
Team Jim Beam
Team Jack Danials
and so on...

besides typhy...
i don't know of any other clan that is as low as us on the BL and that has a waiting list of people trying to join

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2002, 03:08:20 pm »

I simply said that I found your clan name annoying ( Not the correct word, but I can't think of it ). Thats why I think that the best way to go would be to name them after the security services of each country.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2002, 04:21:30 pm »

Fine... mb i should be a captin...
so i can lead Team National park Service...
to represent camping everywere

Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2002, 04:34:00 pm »

Watches as Loth drafts himself in the first round...and second round...and third...and fourth.

? ? I won't need to draft myself, Bondo, since I'll already be on my team. ?Grin

The team names are up to the captains, and can be changed once after the season begins if the players don't like it. The reason for the limit on name changes is to cut down on confusion caused by teams changing their names repeatedly. I doubt it'll be a problem, but we might as well make sure that it's not, right?

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
?(uNt?YodaTi.Hfa

Flames not a noob but he sucks.

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2002, 05:48:32 pm »

I just noticed that alot of people i know haven't heard about IRSL despite Loth's constant posting of the web page. They also don't want to because it will take too much of their time. Try talking to people individually, instead of going "mass media." (just a suggestion)

P.S. A big Thank You to Loth for keeping the word of IRSL out there.  ;)Thanks again Loth.

"Friends, respect yourselves as men, respect each other in the moil of battle! Men with a sense of shame survive more often then they perish. Those who [flee] have neither fighting power nor any honor."        -Argives; Homer's Iliad
Wombat

I'm Naked.

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2002, 11:52:11 pm »

lmao typhy, the last thing i would want to be named after is a security service OF AMERICA.  the thing about CUNT and NADS youll never be ashamed of what they do.  Everybody loves cunt.  And by the way im so glad youve dropped saying You've been aggressivly killed by Masterbuttrapinggayman"  that was annoying

iMac 800 Mhz 17" Flatscreen LCD, 512 MB RAM, GeForce 4 MX 32 MB VRAM
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2002, 12:05:33 am »

Lothario, if you are maintaining this league, dont taint it by posting your draft choices or choices of those who you think will be going in any kind of round.

Also, another flaw that you made is that you named Captains in your draft picks...tsk tsk.

Also, here is a question for you douchebags: Who the hell picks first? In order for you to get a fair result, no one who is participating in the league can make this decision because it wouldnt be fair.

For example, *DAMN runs it's own BL and participates in it, but it has checks and balances in the form of non-*DAMN mods (except Bondo who can be overruled if he ever tried something fishy [which he probably wouldnt]). Your new league would have to have someone who is completely netural make the selections for draft order or else you will have people crying foul. (Sorry, I dont consider Bondo neutral since he is working with two people who will be participating in the league.)

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Cold, calculated and brutal as greatness requires.

« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2002, 12:23:27 am »

Sin Brain said the first draft was going to be random, 1-10.  Then in the second round the 10 spot will get the first pick and so on down.  Why don't you decide who picks first?

Evill: Infection, Hazard, take your duo act back to the Bar & Grill.
Destructo
Special Forces

Bucc, take a shower you stink like Detroit.

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2002, 12:34:14 am »

This league sounds great, and the reason it sounds great is b/c it is being orginized properly.

I can volunteer my 10MB webspace. I can do the webpage too. It won't be a ".com" addy, but it will do the job for the month.

Tell me if u want me to make the webpage for this Loth.

E-mail me the details if needed. I am not forcing u to make a webpage, if you think it would be better orginized another way, go nutz!!! like a weekly update on these forums or what not.

Drop me a line with specs:
kosdest@rogers.com

p.s, if some of the same clan members are on the same team, so what. 1 or 2 of the same clan members is ok, just as long as the whole team isn't.

Kami, I don't care if it is spelt wrong.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2002, 12:51:49 am »

I guess I shouldn't care about the names, sence I will be a captian if I am in.

Bondo
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2002, 01:12:38 am »

The problem I have with a website is that it would be harder to update as having the stuff in a thread in the BL forum.  But you can see what Loth has to say.

Sin, I figure random drawing for draft position is fair.  And I'll be doing that sort of thing as the unaffiliated admin.
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2002, 03:23:24 am »

yes,
everyone loves a good cunt, and nads.
again... what other clan can be ranked 18th on the bl and have roughly 10 people trying to get into the clan right now?
you guessed it, cunt.

PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2002, 03:30:45 am »

Alright, you all claim that it is going to be random, but how will it be random? Someone still has to devise the system...it isnt like you can put all of the captains in a room and pick numbers out of a hat.

Bondo - (If you are the one performing the "random" draft lottery) You do realize that if either Brain or Lothario get a high draft pick, almost everyone will start crying foul, dont you?

There is no easy way to do this, and I hope that all of you see that this can go wrong in so many different ways.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2002, 09:43:26 am »

sin,
loth is a captian, i'm not
if i get a high pick, it's because someone thinks that i have skils (which i dont claim to)

and if i do end up as captian, it's only because we dont have 10

we were thinking of everyone wouldbe given a number and then bondo would pick a number one through 10

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Destructo
Special Forces

Bucc, take a shower you stink like Detroit.

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2002, 10:14:25 am »

Is it just me, or is (Ass)sassin the most negative person on this thread.

Look, if the draft is going to be random Ass, it's going to be random. I cannot see Loth or even Bondo (who were all keeping an eye on..lol) doing anything unfairly, or to thier advantage. I totally trust these 2 guys in doing a STRICT out of the hat type of draw for the teams. If there are major players on one team, It was b/c they were picked that way, not b/c there is corruption. Geez it's only for a month, and remember there is no Rapid Retardo in these games, so no one will really bitch (i'm hoping Typhy does not!!!!..;P)

Let the draft take place b4 you shoot it down in flames while it sits on the runway.

It will be ok.

The Man,
Dest

Kami, I don't care if it is spelt wrong.
Bondo
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2002, 11:36:39 am »

Alright, you all claim that it is going to be random, but how will it be random? Someone still has to devise the system...it isnt like you can put all of the captains in a room and pick numbers out of a hat.

What is wrong with picking numbers out of a hat?  In what way is that not random.  And besides, first pick isn't that much of advantage because then you also get 20th pick.  Seeing as the captains aren't necessarily first round pick types it isn't like getting the best player would make a great team.

And Brain...I currently have you down as a Captain although you will be replaced if we get more than enough captain candidates.
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2002, 01:21:19 pm »

i really don't think there will be corruption, cause i think everyone wants to play with a diff group of people. i mean, rapid pisses me off alot, but it would be interesting to play on his team in cbs.
This little league seems like excapism from the normal day to day RS playing, and thats why i think it will work.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads