*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:07:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Most Effective Primary Weapon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Most Effective Primary Weapon  (Read 12181 times)
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2002, 04:52:49 am »

I'll have to try it but I really like the quick firing PDW so I doubt I'll use it for long.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
Mattster

I have Retired.

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2002, 01:43:45 am »

The 3 Shot G36K is very Good, Becuase of its Accuracy and its shoots 3 bullets most likely in one shot the guy you shot is dead.

Retired Mac RS Player.
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2002, 03:47:42 am »

Most assault rifles are like that. Assault rifles are better for noobs because u can just aim for body shots.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
BTs_Colin

Not Gorfs Brother

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2002, 01:40:53 am »

m14 and g3a3 are amazing.

and yes the PDW is cheap.

it really shouldn't be accurate at all beyond about 50 yards.

but for some reason you can still snipe with it...

the mp5a4 is great

i'm the DP facial when your searching for teen
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2002, 03:57:23 am »

I wouldn't say the PDW is cheap I would just say its an all around gun with good accuracy and an awesome rate of fire, so thats why I use it. When I use other guns I just find myself thinking about the PDW and I always switch back.

~ Einstein
Mattster

I have Retired.

« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2002, 09:43:22 pm »

Mattster why do you feel the need to repeat the same thing over and over? We know you use that gun you have mentioned it more than once. -Hazard
« Last Edit: September 08, 2002, 04:02:29 am by Hazard » Logged

Retired Mac RS Player.
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2002, 07:23:42 am »

Lol, Hazard, normaly in a case like that, you just delete the post ( Mattster's ). The UMP .45 is good for people who lag a lot and are hard to hit, someone with a HK MP5K-PDW will use their whole clip trying to get you, and miss. Then you'll still have about 8 shots left with your UMP .45, this makes for a pretty easy kill, also frusterating to the person with the PDW. The AK-47 is a good weapon, I find that the AK-74 has more recoil, the AK-47 is a great weapon for long range combat, also for shooting out doors at maps such as Storage Depot, Amazon or Hacadia.

The M16 makes a great rifle for a map like Train Yard, it offers the assult style play of a Steyr Aug or M4, but the powerful round of a sniper rifle. I dislike the HK MP5/10A2, I don't know why, I always have a problem controling it. However, the HK MP5A4 is a weapon that I find great. It's wonderful in close range against a HK MP5K-PDW, very acurate, slightly better scope, that only thing that you're loosing is the extremely fast rate of fire of the HK MP5K-PDW, but gaining a little more power. When I was at my best, before I went to Europe, I used the HK MP5A4, but upon my return, I havn't been able to get used to it again, and now I am using the PDW as my regular weapon. The Steyr Aug makes a great gun for things such as sniping from the hills on Siberian Base I, because of it's large rate of recoil though, it has problems in medium range ( 5 yards or so ) dancing. If you can get it in close range, it's great, or in peaking around corners.

-Typhy  

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2002, 06:48:51 pm »

Actually. the M-16  uses the same ammunition as the Aug or the M4(5.56 I think). I think you might of meant the M-14, which uses the 7.62. But on the topic of the M-16A2..I love it. Its my new favorite weapon actually. It's very, very accurate, and it's really fun to use with single shot.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2002, 09:35:46 pm »

I was refering to the M16A2.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2002, 12:49:06 am »

That modifying was meant as a warning.

I avoid using the m16a2 because I dont like the aim when your gimped and it just doesn't feel right without my pdw.

~ Einstein
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2002, 04:05:16 pm »

yea, accuracy while gimped and running is my primary criteria on how i judge weapons, which explains why i dont normaly use assault rifles

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2002, 06:29:41 pm »

If you can fire in small bursts ( 2-3 shots ) with a Steyr Aug or a gun like that, you can be extremely acurate while running, when you're hurt, about all that I do with any gun is to try and get into a really close range battle, you'll always be at a disadvantage, but it's easier than a mid range battle.  

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2002, 08:04:54 pm »

i'll usually take a m4 or equivalent AR and a .45 or .40 as a pistol, and use the primary close up and the pistol at range. great accuracy with teh pistol at mid-long ranges, and close up teh m4 will cut thru 'em far faster than a mp5k.

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Leader, Founder, Ownage incarnate
Clan *NADS
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2002, 10:58:28 pm »

Yea, I've learned now that when my reticule is sucky i just run around with my pistol. If your aim is on then you shouldn't have a problem.

~ Einstein
Deadlock

Fear the smiley face!

« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2002, 06:45:00 pm »

A pistol at longer ranges is a great idea for players who use an assault rifle. It allows you to have a nice acurate reticule while on the run, but have the power of a rifle at close range, I am suprised that I don't see more people using it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2002, 06:54:50 pm by Deadlock » Logged

Yes, I have Typhy's email adress, he registered the account for me, I just got my mac! ( Yay ). 800 iMac.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2002, 11:58:11 pm »

The Uzi's quite nice if you're good at hiting the head, it's great for a little sidestepping action in halls, I often use it at Met. The PDW is an all around great weapon.

Flame

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2002, 12:00:40 am »

Most of the more powerful assualt rifles (g3a3 and m14) get unaccurate very quick (about after firing one shot). The other assualt rifles are weaker but they are more accurate, especially when you're standing or crouching. You should try assualt rifles depending on which map you're using, if a small map like Training Maze or Graveyard, use a stronger one and if a bigger map, like Hacienda or Hotzone, use a more accurate assualt rifle.
Deadlock

Fear the smiley face!

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2002, 12:33:15 am »

The only thing I see about the Uzi is that it is worse in almost everyway against the PDW, sure it has 2 more shots and a slightly better reticule. But the PDW offers a faster rate of fire, a scope, more power etc. Just my thoughts, I've never gotten hooked on the uzi, nor on RS Wink

Yes, I have Typhy's email adress, he registered the account for me, I just got my mac! ( Yay ). 800 iMac.
Deadlock

Fear the smiley face!

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2002, 12:35:12 am »

The only thing I see about the Uzi is that it is worse in almost everyway against the PDW, sure it has 2 more shots and a slightly better reticule. But the PDW offers a faster rate of fire, a scope, more power etc. Just my thoughts, I've never gotten hooked on the uzi, nor on RS Wink.

The reason that their reticules expand quickely is because they have a high rate of recoin, so does the Steyr Aug, if you crouch down, and don't move, you can make most any gun acurate.

Regards,
Deadlock

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2002, 03:35:50 am »

Deadlock, I think the thing that people like about guns like the UMP .45 and Uzi is the slow rate of fire, they like that they can hold down the fire key, and still have ammo left once their enimey is out.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads