*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:58:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions about the *DBL 2.0  (Read 11898 times)
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: September 08, 2006, 09:10:49 am »

Feel free to post any questions about the *DBL 2.0 here. I gonna try to answer them as soon as I have a free minute.

Some already asked questions:

When does the *DBL 2.0 start?
- I hope to get everything done at the end of september early october. Right now a lot of basic stuff still needs to be done.

Which games can be played on the *DBL 2.0?
- We will offering ladders for any game the community wants. We are no more limited to tactical ego shooters anymore.

New questions will be added to this post once I have answered them.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Worst

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 04:23:26 pm »

Hi, im totally new in the *DBL,
but ive seen that our GhR community is dieing ...
(We saw it on GRPA ...)
Since GhR is totally compatible with the PC version,
could the *DBL be played by clans that got only PC ?
it would bring more activity,
and thanks to all your new modules, the cb could even be organised without GameRanger - allowing pc users ...-
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 11:43:41 pm »

Where are you going to find PC clans that still play Ghr 1?

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 02:12:37 am »

good questions, although maybe we should be asking are[/u] there any PC clans playing GhR 1 ?

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Worst

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 09:21:40 am »

I found some calns,

ive asked them today if they still had a GhR 1 squad ...
Worst

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 10:55:55 am »

Ive found much more than clas ...

an active league ....

Here are all the clans who are already registered there

http://leagues.bq-gaming.com/gr/Teams.asp

There are clans and clans and clans ... tons of

If you agree on opening the league for pc active clans too, the best way will be to advertise on the GhostRecon.net forums ...

Actually they got 28 ranked clans and ... 50 unranked ...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 02:15:02 pm by Worst » Logged
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 06:53:04 pm »

I wouldn't mind CB-ing a PC clan except I'm betting alot of them use hacks of some sort and us Mac users will have no anti-cheat software to tell us that.
Also getting a room hosted and everyone joined in would be extremly difficult.  They can't come on GameRanger and jump in a room, someone would have to host an IP game at a specific time and then everyone would have to join the room at that time.  You know there will be problems for that when some people start saying they can't find or join the room.
*DAMN would need to have some sort of Ghr chat room on their website where people can login to that chat room before the clan battle starts.

gsr

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 07:59:36 pm »

That's a real interesting link Worst - funny to read the forums, kinda like DBL except that you don't know anyone.  I wonder what the PC guys using for a game browser? UBI?
Worst

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 01:13:13 pm »

I agree with Punisher : how could we check if they dont cheat ? Screebshots ? Replays ? dont know ...

ive read the dbl v2 will have a kind of "server to cb browser" (the clan who must set his status to "ready to cb" or w/e) could be used for pc users ...
and ip host & join isnt really hard to do
what about the challenging system ?

and yes mb using an IM software (i wont say wich one - not advertising Wink ) to set up the ip ...
[a] LYNX

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 09:11:03 pm »

well, it's just impossible to go there, say "hey we're the *dbl and we're leet" and have them coming all over here.
or at least i don't do that.

what we can further think of is -if we could allow pc-clans, -how cbs should be held with pc clans (intel macs and enough ppl with pc's to *host* a match are here...).

that's prolly the easy part, the harder one will be to get the pc-clans to accept no anti-cheat software on the mac clan-side and to convince them of the *dbl setup (which is totally different from any pc league i've seen).

[a] LYNX
[a] ferret

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 02:45:29 am »

first off.. Hi lynx miss you buddy.. shark misses you and sends his ever lasting love... secondly.. we did PC vs Mac before and IT WAS AWESOME.. I don't remember if that was DBL related or not. Point being.. I loved it. It was strictly Mac vs PC... we did both styles.. theirs and dbl's (they used TI.. i kid you not)... I've posted at the AEG forums (another PC clan) asking for clan battles from them but they either didn't seem interested or maybe they didn't take me seriously (who does?)

www.aeg-clan.com i think their site.

Worst

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 10:07:08 am »

Well ...
Maybe we wont need an anti-cheat software : screenshots & replays if have doubts can be great ...
And we could first check how they are playing by making one mac clan who try that league ...
If that got owned by every clan who play there ... well, there could be some several doubts, if the clan is middle-ranked ... That wouldnt exist on Gameranger, only for that bq league ... just for "testing"
[a] LYNX

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 12:43:01 am »

ive checked their rules and aside that they encourage full night vision they dont use any anti-cheat w/e and dont state you have to play on a pc, just that its good to have a challenge room on ubi or gamespy.
since we're interested in playing there, prolly they're interested to play in our league as well …

[a] LYNX
gsr

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2006, 06:58:01 pm »

I spent a little time browsing UBI and GameSpy - can't figure out how to access the game server boards.  There seems to be some interest from the PC side for older (GhR1) games according to the forums. 

Does GameRanger allow PC access with the new UB code?
Can a Mac access UBI or GameSpy server browsers?
How to handle voice?

I sorta think that if we can get some good games going with the PC guys, the clan battle thing will follow. Maybe flogging a dead horse too.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2006, 10:25:03 pm »

No There is no allowance for PC users to acces gameranger - there are ways of doing it however they're not 'legal'

Can a Mac access UBI or gamespy server browers? Nope, not one bit.
as for voice? Its Ventrillo, KDX or its one of the others... got a few choices there

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Ein

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2006, 11:14:35 pm »

A year or 2 ago when I was with the [one] clan, we were the first mac clan to play in the PC Alpha squad tournament. This was a coop tournament so rules were a bit different but it was possible for us to ip join into a pc server.

During this tournament, play times were scheduled in advance and posted in their message boards. It was the clans responsibility to show up and ip join into the server at the correct time. Also, most pc clans used either ventrillo or ts for voice. Interesting rule they had with voice was that an admin would also be in your comms to listen to you. Once a team member died, they would be taken out of the voice room by the admin so that they could not communicate with the rest of the squad to give enemy positions. Personally I thought that was a great rule and wished it could be used in the DBL (but with GR and premium, ots hard to limit that).

Also there would be league admins present for each match who would go observer through the entire match to assure no cheating was taking place. (Another great rule they had which I thought would definitely limit cheating since you are being watched.)

The [one] clan did moderate during that tournament. We weren't the best but by far weren't the worst and the games were great. I still talk to some of the old [one] members about those games and how awesome they were and the coop missions that were used are still available for download in the download section of DAMN.
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2006, 02:39:40 am »

Once a team member died, they would be taken out of the voice room by the admin so that they could not communicate with the rest of the squad to give enemy positions. Personally I thought that was a great rule and wished it could be used in the DBL (but with GR and premium, ots hard to limit that).

Also there would be league admins present for each match who would go observer through the entire match to assure no cheating was taking place. (Another great rule they had which I thought would definitely limit cheating since you are being watched.)

I always wished the GameRanger Premium would shut off for you after your dead in a game, or at least not allow you to talk with people who are still alive in the game.  Talking with your dead teammates while playing in clan battles is cheap.  If Evill could make GameRanger do this that would be awesome but its probably not possible.

I like the "observer" idea like you mentioned, but I don't think it would ever work for this league.  Since most of the admins are in clans wouldn't that mean they could just use teamspeex or something to cheat with their teammates who are playing in a clan battle.  Since they are observing they can just watch the enemy and give away all their locations.  There's no way it could work, even if the "observer" isn't in your clan they could be a friend of another clan and help them out in some way.....The saving replays method is probably best to use.

Someone should develop an anti-cheat app for Ghr.  It would be an application you start up before you play the game.  The App would be programed to automatically take a screenshot of your screen every 3 mins and save those screenshots to a folder with your name on it.  When the CB is done everyone uploads their personal folder to an FTP account where everyone in the league can view those screenshots.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 02:58:01 am by PUNiSHER™ » Logged

[a] LYNX

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2006, 11:21:55 pm »

we could point out and make it more visible that you could and can always ask an admin to join and observe your cb. ofc, only when available and from a third clan.

that a teammate shouldnt speak after hes dead i cant support. isnt the fun in gameranger, the mac and ghr on top of these, that you dont have all the hassle of getting com working? it just works (for most of us and everyone knows how to), its *the* part of the community that makes  it not boring, not a selfish thing.

[a] LYNX
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2006, 12:30:49 am »

Whats the point in having someone observe the CB when you can just save replays of the games? 

Do they need to make sure everyone has their pants on tight and helmets on???

There's no way you can trust any person to observe a game, they could always use teamspeex to communicate with another team and help them out.  Unless the person observing is Mauti I don't think we can trust anyone else.

[a] LYNX

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2006, 12:58:16 am »

no offense: mb not everyone is as paranoid as you are. but it wasnt meant to be necessary, it is just an option. newer clans may find this helpfull (and older clans should finally make sure they know the rules before they play).

[a] LYNX
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads