*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:01:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Clan rosters  (Read 20329 times)
ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2006, 09:24:08 pm »

guys we have seen in the past , clans-"bis" that were created  (one made by stripe and is brother if i remmember well) that would CB together just to make some points. can we see this again with this rooster? if tribe has to creat a clan B and then i could ask this clan [tribe]B to loose against [tribe]A just to make more points!! possible?
BTs_Mysterio
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2006, 09:29:03 pm »

If a clan has said 2 spare extra players, I believe according to mauti earlier, you can be in more than one clan – just not more than one team. This theoretically would allow the extra players to form their own clans and make more active teams. I guess the question would be if that team formed failed to make the finals and the original clan from any given member did, who would be able to call up what players.

I would propose a system where a player would be tied to one "primary clan," but they could join a "sub" or "secondary" clan that they could compete in a team with during the season and if they make it to the finals there as well. Assuming they fail to make the finals, the "primary" clan's teams can call up their players from any failed subclan. Just an idea.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2006, 09:31:02 pm »

guys we have seen in the past , clans-"bis" that were created  (one made by stripe and is brother if i remmember well) that would CB together just to make some points. can we see this again with this rooster? if tribe has to creat a clan B and then i could ask this clan [tribe]B to loose against [tribe]A just to make more points!! possible?

I offered up a few solutions to this situation in an earlier post; read those and mauti's answer and see if that answers your concern.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2006, 09:38:32 pm »

One thing with the teams is not the present. You always look at the current situation however the reason for teams is the future.

I want that new clans found raisonable sized clans. That's the main point. If you can have only x players for the ladder you don't recruit more for it. You probably invest more time to train your team. So the problems we are talking about may happen to the old clans, but probably don't to new ones.

You could have always created a fake clan. The name doesn't matter. However due the challenge system other clans may notice that the clan isn't here. In the present there are no ways that a clan has to cb.

Just some thoughts.

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2006, 09:22:38 am »

I can only speak in Po's behalf. My teammates would be against any sort of manipulation of the sort. Our guys are so competitive, that I'm certain Team I and II would fight hard versus each other - to gain points and bragging rights. Plus, the idea here is to try to classify both teams in both divisions; if a team sacrifices itself for the other, then they are only screwing themselves, plus lose the opportunity to prove to their teammates who is better! Not fun at all!

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
waterproof

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2006, 09:38:01 pm »

Face the fact !!!

Gr is almost dead !!!

I dont think you or me can do annything about that...SORRY

I love thae game but what to do whgen all players go other games...

Sorry but i think its like that!!!!

**Its not only a game its a fucking adventure**
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2006, 09:50:03 pm »

Rosters aren't only for GhR - all ladders and games will have team roster.

since 13th June 2000
~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2006, 09:54:08 pm »

Face the fact !!!

Gr is almost dead !!!

I dont think you or me can do annything about that...SORRY

I love thae game but what to do whgen all players go other games...

Sorry but i think its like that!!!!

So are you suggesting we don't try anything and just burry it! Well, that's just dandy!

Implementing cool new changes, such as new maps, new game types, improved rules, will reenergize the playing.

Monoman just created a new WZ type, and already peeps are playing it for it is fresh and gives a feeling of challenge once again. If one game type was able to cause such hype among the players, imagine what additional thoughtful changes could bring!

But thanks for your positive energy, the world could not rotate without such optimism.... would just roll over and play dead!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 09:58:41 pm by ~Po~ TiroFino » Logged

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2006, 11:55:15 pm »

I love the idea of having a 2 division Ghr ladder.  Before the season starts the *DBL should do random pulling of clan names and then seperate them into two divisions.  Then make it so your clan must CB every other clan in your own division twice and clans from the other divison once. 

It would sort of be a schedule system because each clan would have to complete the required CB's but leave some leeway such as you only have to play or complete 10 of the required 14 CB's in order to qualify for the finals.  The 2 clans that are the divison winners get to play in the *DBL Finals. 

Also then mid-season or end-season you use Tirofino's All-Star game idea where each clan chooses a represenative or person that wants to play in the All-Star game, Division 1 All-Stars would then play Division 2 All-Stars.

It's a fantastic idea!!!

Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2006, 07:26:56 am »

I love the idea of having a 2 division Ghr ladder.  Before the season starts the *DBL should do random pulling of clan names and then seperate them into two divisions.  Then make it so your clan must CB every other clan in your own division twice and clans from the other divison once. 

It would sort of be a schedule system because each clan would have to complete the required CB's but leave some leeway such as you only have to play or complete 10 of the required 14 CB's in order to qualify for the finals.  The 2 clans that are the divison winners get to play in the *DBL Finals. 

Also then mid-season or end-season you use Tirofino's All-Star game idea where each clan chooses a represenative or person that wants to play in the All-Star game, Division 1 All-Stars would then play Division 2 All-Stars.

It's a fantastic idea!!!

Best idea I've heard come through the *DBL in ages.  That's not meant as an insult to the *DBL either.

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
WeedWacker

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2006, 06:52:18 pm »

...Many PC ladders have a 4vs4 ladder and you can only have a roster of 4 members...

Having a 4 person team play in a league that requires 4 people to play in for each game makes no sense and would be a season filled with forfeits.

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2006, 06:54:56 pm »

If you read on this was an example what a popular PC league does.

Team roster size as posted above will probably be  the default amount of players * 2.

since 13th June 2000
Ein

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2006, 04:12:56 am »

Small clans can do very well in the ghr ladder. Myst pointed out the clans that were small but active in RvS. I will do the same for ghr.

[01] - 10 member max but always had a shot at the finals.

[?]  - had only 4 member all season but placed 2nd in the ladder overall with the most cb's played of any clan in the ghr ladder for that season.

{S&C} (sar and crypt) - dominated the cqb ladder, winning the season.

[:] - another great ghr clan with I think only 4 or 5 members all season who also made it to the finals when they played.

Actually, DrK is the largest clan I've been in for some time. We have already started a ranking system in DrK which players can see by our armpatches. Those members who have more stars are ranked higher. Weather this will decide who plays for us in the new DBL, I'm not sure, but we are discussing it.

Small clans can do fine and it annoys me when players say it can't be done.

If you've got a large clan, figure out when people are on. Group people who are often on together on the same team.

Ein
DEA

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2006, 04:48:24 pm »

i dont read much as i should  on the dbl forums but fact is fact  gr is dieing its fucking sad to see   wallbashing
rvs is fucking  useing its last breath its making me mad every once in while its has a few good nights  then this happrens     maybe the next one should say gr Sad ' ' '
 Nade
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2006, 06:21:27 pm »

lol lovely photo DEA.

Question is, many people thought that RvS would replace GhR - it never happend for variouse reasons. Gameranger activity is low, very low, and with intel macs etc more and more people have now departed. Are clans that play these out of date games for mac going to remain especially when i see no GhR replacment etc on the horizen.

Small clans can do absolutly fine only if their players are active - your not going to get very far if you have 5 or 6 clan members who only come on once or twice a week at different times. Then again theres no advantage to a 20 man clan if they are all inactive.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 06:23:07 pm by BFG » Logged

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
:V: Stripes

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2006, 06:41:10 pm »

Well, or a league to play in?

- i mean, once DBL 2.0 is done.. you'll have nobody playing in it,
a matter of fact.. The R6 games will be dead for sure,
so why not set up a little tourmanent for the clans whos left?

--------------------------------
Stripes (ViRuS Clan Predator)
stripes@virus-clan.com
--------------------------------
GeT iNfEcTeD!!!
http://www.virus-clan.com
http://www.virus-clan.org
http://www.team-virus.org
DEA

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2006, 06:42:00 pm »

it just saddens to think that u take time out to talk to good people well alot of good people with a few exceptions and get to know them. then  evill cant get enuff back from apple with the games  gameranger need games good games RvS vagas. shit man all the ood people are going  and u cant blame them. well we can balme pedro but u know ....were the fuck is the crying face when u need it  Sad
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2007, 04:38:09 pm »

I would tag "For Mac" onto the R6 death statement because Vegas is godly on the PC and X360. There's no way to deny in hindsight that RvS was terrible compared to it's predecessors -- the only critics of R6:V are those who joined the R6 series at RvS and think that it was a good game. Regardless, Vegas restores a lot of honor lost from the series thanks to RvS and LD.

John Lennon
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2007, 11:41:08 am »

@ Stripes there will probably an opening event in form of a tourney or something like that.

1.) It's fun
2.) A launch event is good for publicity
3.) No matter how much time I spend debugging - the real bugs only gonna show off under real and daily usage so I gonna need an event to iron out all little bugs before we can start with a full season.

@ DEA nice picture ;-)

since 13th June 2000
DEA

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2007, 06:00:40 pm »

so whats happerning with the dbl  cb's tournements. thought they was meant to start jan then i hear feb then feb pass's by then i dont hear nothing WHAT IS GOING ON ¿ ¿ ¿ clans are dieing out there gr is dieing sort it out.  Nade
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads