*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:31:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season XIV wish list  (Read 7284 times)
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2006, 11:36:12 am »

@ The schedule system isn't history yet. The way it works needs just to be adjusted: schedules will be more done with a challenge system that is built into the new *DBL and for season XIV we may add a forum based challenge system.

So there will be no scheduled satursday anymore. That's true, but you can challenge your opponent.

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2006, 01:47:00 pm »

challenging and scheduling out of the WE is cool !!

4v4 is a dream

maybe a 3v3 with (one riffleman, one sniper, one demo)
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2006, 04:41:29 pm »

Alright as you can see the challenge system will be added for next season and will replace the weekend schedules.

For season XIV we probably keep the 3vs3 as default number of players. However you can agree in you challenges to make it a bigger one, or we may use Tiro' suggestion:

OK, I'll give you that for an unscheduled system, 4 vs 4 may be difficult for some clans. I'm not sure what the plans are for next season, but if it's at all like last season, where we had both scheduled and unscheduled CBs, then we could try to implemented the Scheduled CBs at a minimum of 4 vs 4 and leave the unscheduled CBs at a minimum of 3 vs 3.... A Salomonic decision!

There will probably no CQB ladder for GhR. The RvS one gonna stay.

About the different kits: I think it is very interesting, but to control this one could be a little bit difficult for season XIV. However as posted here: you don't need to save always the replay. Just check your missionstat.htm and you can see everyone's selected kit. Well it will be discussed. However I think in a 4vs4 all kits should be used, including that one has to carry a support kit.

since 13th June 2000
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2006, 10:40:37 pm »

Has the *DBL thought about using Monoman's "Stat Tracker" app during the season to keep track of the overall season stats???  All you have to do is have the person who's hosting turn the app on each time a CB takes place.  Obviously lag test kills will have to be counted unless you shutdown the room after the lagtests and then turn the app on.  Monoman could then make a special page where the season stats are uploaded to.

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2006, 10:53:03 pm »

Something similiar is planned.

since 13th June 2000
Atmos

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 07:44:17 am »

I Don't think that the support gun should really be enforced, one reason for this is that GhR is fairly laggy at the moment so we don't really want to try to make it worse.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 08:12:59 am »

@ Atmos: roger that.

since 13th June 2000
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2006, 12:10:33 pm »

I posted this under another topic and I'm placing it here too because I think it belongs here in response to the new 8 man roster rule:

The *DBL should make the regular season more interesting and fun, have 2 Team ladders for Ghr.  Ghr ADV [A] and Ghr ADV it would be more like 2 different divisions that can still CB each other, clans can then pick a different team of [4-5] players to play on each division.  The Ghr Superfinals are than played between the top clan of the [A] ladder and the top clan of the ladder.  There would be no 4 clan superfinals weekend anymore.  You have the 2 regular season winners of [A] and face off for the league title, thus making the regular season more important because you must win your division to be in the *DBL Finals. 
And then to make it more interesting and fun, if your clan wins the ladder during the season you can merge with your [A] team that didn't win on the other ladder for the Super Finals CB.  It's a team based system where you have 1 clan with 2 teams trying to win one of the divisions.   Larger clans then will not be forced to cut players and not use them.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 12:12:10 pm by PUNiSHER™ » Logged

[a] LYNX

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2006, 08:58:52 pm »

i like the idea. i would do it a little different tho: not two ladders, just one. but if a clan is big enough for 2 teams, let them register with two teams (im not sure tho if this isnt allowed now).

[a] LYNX
Clay

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2006, 12:57:26 pm »

Well, I'm against the kit stuff for cb's.
My point is that Snipers and lag don't mix, and lag is a complete inferno nowadays...
I mean, with a 240 ping (ping of a euro player playing on a us server, or of a us player playing on a euro server ) you get almost a one second delay. This delay makes snipers completely impossible on that kind of games. Moreover, the host will have a huge advantage because it's way easier to snipe someone when you are the host.
I don't know, I mean, on the one hand this idea is cool somehow, cause it would bring something new, of course, but on the other hand it would make lag a bigger drawback..

WeedWacker

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2006, 06:48:00 pm »

Well, I'm against the kit stuff for cb's.
My point is that Snipers and lag don't mix, and lag is a complete inferno nowadays...
I mean, with a 240 ping (ping of a euro player playing on a us server, or of a us player playing on a euro server ) you get almost a one second delay. This delay makes snipers completely impossible on that kind of games. Moreover, the host will have a huge advantage because it's way easier to snipe someone when you are the host.
I don't know, I mean, on the one hand this idea is cool somehow, cause it would bring something new, of course, but on the other hand it would make lag a bigger drawback..

The Euro/US ping stinks but a 240 ping = 240ms or a quarter of a second...almost playable.  Lag is something a little different and nowadays is associated with GameRanger being a POS.

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
Clay

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2006, 07:58:53 pm »

I swear, Weed, Sniping someone who keeps running in all directions when you lag like hell is really hard... It's a drawback to consider, anyway.
Moreover, I sometimes have way more than 240ms of delay on a 240 ping server, can sometimes be one second, or so.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 09:21:58 am by Clay » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads