*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:00:38 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: After Season XIII thread  (Read 4218 times)
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: May 23, 2006, 03:09:35 pm »

Since the last cb of season XIII has been played, I would like to know from you what did you like and dislike about this season?

Thanks,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
:V: Stripes

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 03:45:36 pm »

Meeting up to the scheduled cbs was the most favourite problem in the RvS Ladder i think.
I would like to hear how the next season is gonna be like?
Are we gonna keep this scheduling system? (It works fine, in my eyes)..

Virus did all the cb's they could make, a shame so many points was taken from us cause we kept on bugging every clan to do our nun-scheduled too so the chance of gaining more points was higher - in the end there wasnt even a point in doing the nun-scheduled cb's because they got deleted anyway due to inactivity from other clans, that rule should be changed - taken points from a clan mid season would/could change their whole tactics, yes it makes it more exciding - i see there is no fun in :V: having 30 points and the 2nd clan has 10, but that's the point in this scheduling system.
Activity is a big thing, so if people wont show then they wont be able to gain points.

Maybe it's the clan leaders responsibility to gain a team and to have a team on the saturdays, bot what we miss is organisation - Beast couldn't show up many times on the scheduled cb's, but he gave me the responsibility of being there and to ask other V's about if they could show up... Lucky i never had anything to do on those saturdays, so i could turn up and cb  Wink.

Clan-hopper clans.... such as 7in, i never see them wear any tag when playing/being on GR... i see Envy being in different clans, i was 2 years ago in the same issue where i was clan-hopping (Thank god z][t) learned me something else..

But i think if you wanna play and partipicate in this league, then you also should wear tag and represent which clan you are in. I completly understand if you are ashamed of your tag, but then at least make a "7in" behind your name...

Else i think the RvS ladder went smoothly, was pretty cool how [a] could qualify to both GhR/RvS Finals, and turned out to give :V: a good match even if they arent an RvS clan really, or at least don't play it that much as GhR...

Hope to see you guys again next season!
And especially.... x|p.  Cool

Thanks everyone for a great season.
Regards,
Stripes

--------------------------------
Stripes (ViRuS Clan Predator)
stripes@virus-clan.com
GeT iNfEcTeD!!!
http://www.virus-clan.com
http://www.virus-clan.org
http://www.team-virus.org
~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 04:17:35 pm »

I would like to recommend that the minimum number of players for a CB to take place be augmented to 4 per side from the current 3. I mean, common, if a clan doesn't have at least 4 players, then it shouldn't be considered a clan. I understand the number was established at 3 to make it easier for CBs to take place, but it is lame to see how some clans - even though they had the 4th player logged on at Game Ranger, were not willing to CB with 4 or more because of the 3 minimum rule. I find it that it is more fun to CB when there are more players than less.... and do think that 3 almost makes it look/feel like a CQB with sensors.... Any how, the least I would like to see happen to the BL is for it to end, so i understand these rules are intended to make participation easier....hopefully I'm not requesting too much! I like everyone else, want what is best for the League!

I would also like to see the semis and finals played to the best of 5 and 7 (cbs) respectively. I think that best of 3 is just too little.... Best of 5 and/or 7 would allow for a better gaming experience.

I liked the scheduled CBs since it forced every clan to play, but I did not like to see some clans just quit after a few weeks into the season. More strict rules should/need to be applied with regards to admitting CLANS into the Battle League, so it doesn't turn into a joke. You see guys forming clans all of the time, and a lot of the time these clans don't last a full season.... http://www.damnr6.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10121.msg135402#msg135402

Finally, I would like to thank Tigah, Weak and Lynx for helping out as Admins.... 3 of the best this League has ever had. Tigah, we will miss you as admin, but understand the need for less stress! Now come and play and die!!!!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 11:37:42 pm by TiroFino » Logged

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
:V:*Beast

don't try Norton on me... it won't work...

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 04:22:32 pm »

Maybe it's the clan leaders responsibility to gain a team and to have a team on the saturdays, bot what we miss is organisation - Beast couldn't show up many times on the scheduled cb's, but he gave me the responsibility of being there and to ask other V's about if they could show up... Lucky i never had anything to do on those saturdays, so i could turn up and cb  Wink.
Stripes,
I DID show up everytime on the scheduled CBs but that doesn't mean I always participated them...

Mauti & DBL members...

Ask yourself:what do you do on a saturday evening?
I had to explain to my gf about those scheduled CBs... sigh... she was like: LMAO
Anyway, the scheduled CBs forced most clans to participate ---> good thing
If they didn't show up (due to circumstances), the other clan wins by forfeit (3 penny win) ----> bad thing

Beast
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 04:27:23 pm by ViRuS - The...Beast » Logged

quote of the year:
(quoted by Ace:) unknown: If idiots could fly, GR would be an airport.

vanitas vanitatum, omnia vanita est...
GeT iNfEcTeD!!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 04:33:07 pm »

Ask yourself:what do you do on a saturday evening?
I had to explain to my gf about those scheduled CBs... sigh... she was like: LMAO

Don't worry beast we're well aware of that one Wink

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
:V: Stripes

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 06:00:49 pm »

Get a new GF who supports your Game-needs. Wink

Damn rosalie... I'll talk to her if you want..  Cheesy

Saturday night.. it's hard to schedule those, but saturday night or sunday is really the best.. aint a week-day, and we have a lot of USA clans partipicating in the *DBL and it would be a hell for them to schedule the cb's.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 06:04:45 pm by ViRuS - Stripes » Logged

Stripes (ViRuS Clan Predator)
stripes@virus-clan.com
GeT iNfEcTeD!!!
http://www.virus-clan.com
http://www.virus-clan.org
http://www.team-virus.org
ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 06:24:35 pm »

I would like to recommend that the minimum number of players for a CB to take place be augmented to 4 per side from the current 3. I mean, common, if a clan doesn't have at least 4 players, then it shouldn't be considered a clan.

agree 100% tiro
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 02:21:32 pm »

Tiro and Ghost while i agree with you with the argument that 4v4 cbs are one hell of a lot more enjoyable than 3v3, it is an issue we have come up against before and there are valid reasons both ways...

It was lowered before because of the number of active clans, not just the size of the clan but actually how many players these clans could get online and able to play very often... i wonder that if pulling the minimum players up to four wouldn't have a very detrimental effect on the number of cbs that clans can play because of an inability to manage enough players online regually?

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
mesa

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 07:09:03 pm »

Hope to see you guys again next season!
And especially.... x|p.  Cool

Dont worry Stripes, we will be there honey  We need more love

~mesa
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 07:10:44 pm by mesa » Logged

RVS FOR LIFE!!
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 09:11:59 pm »

... i wonder that if pulling the minimum players up to four wouldn't have a very detrimental effect on the number of cbs that clans can play because of an inability to manage enough players online regually?

Which is why I had concerns as well. For a scheduled system I think 4 vs 4 would work nicely, but at the moment, I doubt 4 vs 4 min. would be very practical for an unscheduled system. You just have to take a look at gameranger activity these days to grasp how difficult it's going to be to get cb's going. The only way cb's are going to happen are by clans pulling their members out of RL and other non-DBL games, so that they can at least be on gameranger. Then maybe we might see some good cb activity. But if you guys want 4 vs 4 min mandatory, then your dreaming. Don't get me wrong, I love 4 vs 4 and even more players IF it was realistic. But it really isn't realistic with the gr community the way it is at the moment.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 09:19:29 pm by [a] Red Tigah » Logged

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 09:52:03 am »

... i wonder that if pulling the minimum players up to four wouldn't have a very detrimental effect on the number of cbs that clans can play because of an inability to manage enough players online regually?

Which is why I had concerns as well. For a scheduled system I think 4 vs 4 would work nicely, but at the moment, I doubt 4 vs 4 min. would be very practical for an unscheduled system. You just have to take a look at gameranger activity these days to grasp how difficult it's going to be to get cb's going. The only way cb's are going to happen are by clans pulling their members out of RL and other non-DBL games, so that they can at least be on gameranger. Then maybe we might see some good cb activity. But if you guys want 4 vs 4 min mandatory, then your dreaming. Don't get me wrong, I love 4 vs 4 and even more players IF it was realistic. But it really isn't realistic with the gr community the way it is at the moment.

OK, I'll give you that for an unscheduled system, 4 vs 4 may be difficult for some clans. I'm not sure what the plans are for next season, but if it's at all like last season, where we had both scheduled and unscheduled CBs, then we could try to implemented the Scheduled CBs at a minimum of 4 vs 4 and leave the unscheduled CBs at a minimum of 3 vs 3.... A Salomonic decision!

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads