*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:53:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2 *scheduled* CB's not 1  (Read 2733 times)
PUNiSHER™

« on: April 30, 2006, 05:02:52 am »

I don't know about anyone else this season but I think the clans that have a small # of people have really screwed up some of the points gained from clan battles.  The unscheduled CB vs. these clans is really hard to get, especially if the clan has no chance of reaching the top 4 at the end of the season and doesn't give a crap. 
Everyone has to admit the scheduled CB system has made the *DBL standings alot closer and given some what of a fair chance to everyone.
If the *DBL made a rule change next season where you would play 2 *scheduled* CB's against a clan during the season instead of 1 scheduled and 1 unscheduled there would be an opportunity for all the clans to gain equal points from a CB even if the small clans are never on or don't show up.  The 2 scheduled CB's could even be setup on 2 different weeks of the schedule so you don't play a clan twice in a row.

[a] LYNX

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 11:14:57 am »

F1

but why is this thread in here (edit: was somewhere ive never seen before)?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 11:41:32 pm by [a] LYNX » Logged

[a] LYNX
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 07:11:21 pm »

I don't know. I put it back.

@ Punisher: when we decided to make schedules, we planned to make 2 scheduled cbs vs each clan, but we got surprised by the huge amount of clans signing up for the advanced ladders. So we had to reduce the size to 1 scheduled cb and 1 non-schedulded one.

Indeed the scorings are much closer and this system works fine with the current amount of clans, but unfortunaly the administration is very time consuming and requires the new script to keep such a system alive.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 10:39:32 pm »

Well then something should be done about the small clans that are never on and don't seem to give a shit whether other people get to CB them or not.

[a] LYNX

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 12:01:02 am »

we also need something for the one big clan that "don't seem to give a shit whether other people get to CB them or not".

just ideas: we could introduce a minimum number of members for a clan required to play in a season of like minimum 7+ members or more (a high number). we could have a qualifying weekend where all clans have to show in order to say theyre willing to play the season and as a sideeffect they could determine who is how ranked for the season start. we could reduce the time seasons are played by scheduling rvs and ghr seasons after each other, not mixed.

[a] LYNX
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 12:34:27 am »

I think the minimum/maximum clan member thing was all discussed in the past and some clans seemed to get really pissed off about it.  That lead to one of the great Flame Wars of the *DBL. 
With a qualifying weekend the clan could still show up to show their willing to play but then still not show up at the end of the season because they don't give a shit or for whatever reason.  One fine example of this is the .s:. clan.
I thought having 2 scheduled CB's would be a great solution because then you know your clan is guranteed the clan battle or points even if the other clan doesn't show up, but Mauti seemed to say that can't work with the current script, I don't know what that means but I guess we have to go by that.
All this would do is probably make every clan play 4 scheduled CB's every saturday and maybe force clans to recruit more players to fill in for the times they can't play, I don't know how much script adjusting has to be done to do that.  Because of time constraints maybe even reduce CB's to best of 5 series so we don't have clans going overtime into their next scheduled CB.  When the Finals Weekend comes then use the original best of 9, 1st to 5 wins format to decide the league champion.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 04:31:41 am by PUNiSHER™ » Logged

WeedWacker

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 03:22:52 am »

For those of us who work and/or attend school/college and/or have families/committments, scheduled CBs are tough.  I would much rather be required to CB every other clan a specified number of times (say 3 times) sometime during the season.

I cannot set aside 4 - 5 hours every other Saturday to play GhR, however, I do have time throughout the week that could be used to CB.

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 04:01:26 am »

Thats the difference between small clans and large clans.  The large clans have 10-15 players who all get to participate in clan battles, which makes it easier to have enough people to CB on saturdays.  Your clan uses the same 3-4 guys for every CB and then has an extra 3 guys that you use for cheerleaders.  There's a problem right there.

<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 04:16:46 am »

it was stressed at the beginning of the season, that these ladders were for Serious clans and you needed to either recruit to meet the demand or try your luck on the CQB ladders instead (which is why we introduced the RvS CQB ladder as well) We gave everyone fair warning that this setup was demanding and we made adjustments to give the smaller clans a chance to get their cbs done. We did the season this way because in previous seasons clans started getting lazy and taking less interest in clan battles -less and less clan battles were taking place and clans were boycotting certain clans, which really isn't fair competition. Also this setup eliminates the dominance that a bigger or more active clan might have over less active clans. So, ultimately the choice was up to each clan to decide if they could meet the demand and if not, then possibly opt for recruiting or trying other ladders.

We also opened it up so you could cb each of the clans anytime, as long as you made it to the scheduled cb if you hadn't completed any of the 2 cbs you were supposed to. So you have the option of trying to get your cbs done during the week days as well and possibly freeing up some of your weekend by doing so.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 01:33:40 am by [a] Red Tigah » Logged

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
WeedWacker

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 05:45:21 am »

Thats the difference between small clans and large clans.  The large clans have 10-15 players who all get to participate in clan battles, which makes it easier to have enough people to CB on saturdays.  Your clan uses the same 3-4 guys for every CB and then has an extra 3 guys that you use for cheerleaders.  There's a problem right there.

Actually, whoever in our clan shows up that's who CBs.  We only had one occurance where we had more than 3 show up (last CB with you) and we CBd using the first three clan members who joined.

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 09:06:41 pm »

One thing the BL needs to strongly consider is that we need to put an end to clans that come and go as they please. There needs to be a strict guideline for how a “new” clan can be accepted in the Battle League, and not allow this new clans to come in, mess everything up and leave before fulfilling their required CBs during the season. I propose that clan members from these types of clans, be banned for the upcoming season, unless they go and join a well-established clan that we know will play the entire season. New clans must have a minimum time of existence (say 1 full season)  before being  accepted to participate in a season tourney, and its main members (administrators) cannot be players that have been jumping ship all of the time,  but serious about what they are doing.

This is not a conclusive idea, needs polishing up, but I’m certain it’s heading in the right direction. Feel free to contribute to make it better for all of us.

Just my 2 cents!

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
WeedWacker

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 03:15:28 am »

...One thing the BL needs to strongly consider is that we need to put an end to clans that come and go as they please...New clans must have a minimum time of existence (say 1 full season)  before being  accepted to participate in a season tourney, and its main members (administrators) cannot be players that have been jumping ship all of the time,  but serious about what they are doing.

I think that's a great suggestion.  I also like Punisher's idea about a preseason tourny to rank order clans prior to the season.  I don't think that many clans can consistently play for 4-5 hours every other Saturday.  Smaller clans should not be punished and should be allowed to play.  If we eliminate the mandatory part of the CBs that would help.  Maybe we can keep the scoring of this season (which encourages participation) but add a penalty for forfeiting (-0.5 pts per forfeit, for example). 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads