*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 05:57:28 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Meeting-point for Finalists  (Read 15440 times)
c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2003, 12:36:29 am »

**sigh**

Civic, the default times are the problem.  They were written with very little consideration to the US clans.  If c| had to play core on wednesday, thursday, or friday, it would be absolutely impossible.  75% of c| is west coast, making the default time 2:30 pm.  I don't understand why you don't see the issue with this.  People have jobs, they physically cannot be infront of their computers at home playing a video game.  Of our east coasters even the 5:30pm start time is too early.  Jobs in the US don't all start at 9am and end at 5pm.  

I would trade to have the Euro times in an instant.  10:30pm, sure, at least that is possible.  I'd gladly deal with being a little tired the next day.

"oh no, here's come's the death."
BTs_Colin

Not Gorfs Brother

« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2003, 01:00:36 am »

Well I have a problem with the forfeits.

I don't believe they should be recorded as 6-0 wins. That would mean the losing clan gained an advantage by breaking the rules and that definetly isn't right.

The rule is one CB a day so things like this don't happen I assume.

I hope you understand what I am saying.

By doing this it guarantee's them a spot in the 2nd round.

They should have to play all CB's today or make the first 2 days null.

i'm the DP facial when your searching for teen
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2003, 02:38:05 am »

We need more time (weekends) to do these finals games.  I can not believe what has happend here.  As if this issue was not forseen.

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
Noto
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2003, 03:05:49 am »

Just wanted to let everyone know that our problem with the default times is over, but everyone else's has juts begun.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

.::|N| Noto

P.S.  Hey Flies, eat shit and die.

ESD FOREVER!
.::|N| VeNoM

« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2003, 03:17:39 am »

Funny.....oh well its all over now....hopefully as things progress things will get much better, and these conlficts will come to a end or at least die down.  GG's i guess.  Later 4 now!!

*******SPITS*******
GEN BILLY

Go Damn

« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2003, 04:09:09 am »

I HOPE AND I REALLY HOPE THE REST OF THE CBS DONT GO AS BAD AS OURS DID I CALL IT TOTAL...

FUCKING BULLSHIT.

FUCKING CB AT 2:30 PM MY TIME I WAS AT WORK THEN FINALLY GET HOME AND FIND THE LAG JUST HORRIBLE 210 PING FROM FLIES AND 250 PING FROM DAMN SERVER

FUCKING BULLSHIT

YOU WANNA KNOW SOME THING FUNNY EVERY ONE OF THE CORE HAD 4 GREEN BARS  IN FLIES ROOM AND DAMN SERVER.

ALL FOUR OF OUR PLAYERS HAD 1 3 BARS
I HAD A SOLID 2 BARS AND LAGG LAGG LAGG WE DIDNT AGREE COULDNT FIND ANOTHER SERVER THEY REFUSED TO GO BACK TO ARAMARTHS SERVER WITCH WAS LAGLESS FOR ALL NO WE HAD TO PLAY IN A EURO SERVER TO GIVE THEM AN ADVANTAGE

FUCKING BULLSHIT

AS FOR MAUTI I CALL FOR A RECOUNT YOUR MODERATORS CHANGE THERE MIND  AS FAST I WIPE MY ASS.  COMPLETE AND UDDER BULLSHIT CALLING THERE MAUTI WHAT A WAY TO HOST SOME BATTLE LEAGUE GAMES YOUR RULINGS ARE INCONSTISTANT AND ONLY FAIR TO THE EURO CLANS NICE ISNT IT. YOU CAN TAKE YOUR LEAGUE AND SHOVE IT.

FUCKING BULLSHIT

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

GEN BILLY
Noto
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2003, 06:01:47 am »

Soon this will end as global broadcasted finals - sooon this will be fulllpro players playing.

You are correct Flies... This will be ending.

P.S.  I didn't mean the thread will be ending.  This thread rocks.  I hope it goes on for days.

P.S.S.  Eat shit and die.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2003, 06:03:28 am by .::|N| Noto » Logged
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2003, 06:31:02 am »

Though i will agree there has been alot of stress on these forums of late.  Flies i think you need to take a good hard look at your posts.  Look at them from your view, then look at them from the other persons view.  Then look at the content of the thread, the info you know, and then what really got posted.  That should explain the weirdness your feeling from the "North Amarican's".   Maybe when you talk to other members about setting up times and sharing ideas, you should start by not talking down to them and trying to over power them by twisting facts in your favor.

I felt no fun coming back to the admins.
First thing i got slammed into my face, was my usual bitch-admins, just hating me even more, and refusing to answer my questions.
Having all that hate and dispear within admins when at same time this gaming assumingly will be taken more and more seriously by the players.....thats a cocktail you gotta think twice about buying.

Yes he's talking about me.  He get's out of crushing N only to start bugging me about agreeable times.  Sorry Flies, i need some down time from the last 2 nasty threads.  Besides we JUST found out we MIGHT face you later on in the finals.  You think we have had time to all talk about good cb times already?  

I think you take all of this to heart Flies, a little to much.  It shows in your writing.  I know you think your working with us on issues, but when i read them, it sounds more like your fighing a thread cb and are trying everything to please the general public and lift you and your clan up to this higher place, while at the same time bashing another down.

I know you think we all "hate" you, but that's not the case...yet.  
« Last Edit: November 12, 2003, 06:58:47 am by c| Dr. NO » Logged

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson

« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2003, 07:24:43 am »

i just want to say flies....getta life, im glad its over in a sense that I (we) dont have to deal with this crap anymore

oh ya....and as far as ur lil bullshit comments go about the cb being shitty? easy?, with all the comments u claim are being made at you, you need to watch ur mouth, and im sorry you didnt get a boner over it all and u didnt piss ur pants u were so exicted. i feel like i let you down flies......

Dr. NO was right take a long hard look at the post u made and put urself in our shoes, fair? i dont think so. A lot of changed need to be made and im hopfull they will be come next season....Good luck to the rest of the clans in the Playoffs may the best clan win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   | ! | E.S.D  Cool

*******SPITS*******

« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2003, 09:24:03 am »

I personally think you have been overstepping normal decent limit of how to reply in threads, as normal player. I think I would pad you on your shoulder and ask you to? hold back a bit, if you were in my clan.

Normal Player?Huh, granted im not Leader of .::|N| or Admin of a forum but im no normal player.  I was a leader of many (3) lol (guess not that many) other clans and i do wanna say that i feel i have just as much say about the subject matter as others do.  Im not posting here to piss you off or start shit between you and i, im coming here, to state my point of view on the matter.  I i feel that some of the statements that came outta your mouth were bogus, im not exactly quite sure wut "North Americans" were talkin crap about you, but as for as i go, i didnt appreciate some of the comments you made about the cb 1. and 2. my teammates.  ill i saw in the earlier posts was complaining about us and wut we didnt do or did do. So im simply coming here to express my feeling on the matter, wether u like it or not.  Im not gonna sit back & HOLD BACK A BIT as you say. In no way do you have a right in telling me what i SHOULD do, i make those choices thanx ne way.
       E.S.D  Roll Eyes

*******SPITS*******
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2003, 09:33:46 am »

Well this certanly got out of hand  Sad
Glad to be in the 2nd round though.

P.S. Noto eat a four course dinner and live!!

Noto
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2003, 09:53:10 am »

I still wanted to play against Joka and Archer.  Maybe this weekend?

Grin    Grin   Grin    Grin   Grin    Grin   Grin    Grin   Grin    Grin   Grin    Grin   Grin    Grin  
Acri

I swat flies with a hammer. Redundant?

« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2003, 10:33:26 am »

I know you think your working with us on issues, but when i read them, it sounds more like your fighing a thread cb and are trying everything to please the general public and lift you and your clan up to this higher place, while at the same time bashing another down

Flies, I have nothing against you or your precious crew but there is a point in this. You seem to pride yourself in acting more mature than other clans, and granted, you do. But as a fellow player that I don't think you hold a grudge again, I would like to point out that the "sublime" insults of yours are the same kind you encounter from 13 year old girls. The way this thread looked to me it was Flies vs N... One person vs a clan. Is this really right? I agree that N acted like assholes, but please flies, don't let your threads extend to this!
Otherwise, I am 100% behind you!

And further more... what the... Oh my god! You sunk Portugal!
Noto
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2003, 10:55:15 am »

Otherwise, I am 100% behind you!

Acri, I think you missed the boat here buddy.  You are 100% behind what?  This hollow shell of a person that manipulates what he can?  I don't know if you realized this or not Acri, but this thread had to do with Flies acting like an ass and making his clan look like asses as well.  The issue here was the time frame in which finals had to be played, and how completely unfair and biased the decisions are in concerns to this thread.  So what are you 100% behind then?  American bashing, as Flies has done? Or maybe you think it's fair to play finals during the day?  maybe you like the fact that US players play at 2pm on a solemn day in our culture while you fucking euros gently waltz in around 10pm?  Whatever it is your are behind Acri, make it clear, or shut the fuck up.

P.S.  To all future replies to this thread.  Make a point.  Don't just hop on the Euro band wagon and donate your two precious cents.  Keep that money and put it towards a server that fucking works.
| ! | Dutchman

One day I fly away

« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2003, 11:47:50 am »

Noto, plz don't make this worse than it allready is.

You guys lost. Take it as a man. Don't try this bs. There has been enough.

| ! | Dutchman
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2003, 05:42:31 pm »

...I agree that N acted like assholes...

I certainly hope that you aren't blind enough to judge the entire clan equally with that remark.  Some people argued for what they thought was fair treatment in this league, using reasonable arguements, and I would point out that they were shot down.  I'm not going to claim that all Ns are angels, thats a goshdarned fing lie.  However, you are little better if you judge everyone in the clan the same way.

The wOOt is your friend. Trust the wOOt.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
I own the former VT supercomputer node 177 wOOt! http://www.tcf.vt.edu/
[one] Gambit

Protector of llamas everywhere

« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2003, 07:20:39 pm »

As a possible solution, perhaps a rotating start time could be instituted- sort of like a home-and-home thing. Make 2230 the default start time, but tie it to a time zone of each clan's player base. So Euro clans could have their 2230 start one day and then next day US clan could have a 2230 start based on their time. Sure, it would be rough having to get up and jump into a cb at 0430 or 0730... but is that any worse than being expected to take a half-day off work or school? Third cb start time could be determined by leader in games won in first two matches, or the trailer if that's preferrable. A tie-breaker would be needed...

I think hosts would probably need to be rotated as well. It seems all to easy for one clan to force the issue and get a host favorable to them.

Thank God OZ hasn't gotten into the mix yet!

The perceived European bias in the 'default' times (as well as other aspects of the BL) is unfortunate but be real everybody- the real problem is the time differences and the connection issues. Time issues played a big part in [one] splitting apart this season- our intercontinental bruthas just never saw most of the US guys and it killed our cameraderie.

If there is a bias in the structure of the BL, its probably just Mauti and Co. TRYING to do the right thing with limited time and a lot of real-life pressures forcing them to make quick decisions; some of them work... some of them don't. Of course these decisions are made from a European perspective... he's in Europe, for crissake!

After 2 seasons participating in the BL, my impression is that Mauti is more than willing to listen to constructive criticism and attempts to make corrections when problems arise. The restructuring of the scoring system seems to have been quite effective and other issues (clan-hoppers, for instance) were dealt with as they came up. Scheduling cb's and agreeing on hosts with Euro clans has always been problematic and no matter what gets decided out of this, the best solution will be one that leaves everyone pretty much equally unhappy.

Flies, pretty prose and mixed metaphors aside, most of what you have contributed in this thread has been more along the lines of putting out fires with gasoline than any real effort to find a solution. If the effort is to raise the level of discourse, you might want to rethink your current strategy.  

And to Aramarth, as I sit here looking at the calendar I made after polling all [one]'s members the week before the finals, I can tell you that yes, we would have been able to field a squad on Monday at 1430 PST if we needed to.     Grin
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2003, 08:07:47 pm »

The default times have nothing to do with me being european Gambit - they base on my experience when I play on GameRanger against US players and when they log on and of course it is a compromise between US and EURO players. 10:30pm GMT is for most european 11:30pm CET except for those few who live in portugal or in the UK.

However I have already found a solution for season 6 without extending the 9day final time period: Only the best 4 proceed into the finals and each round will be completly played on the weekend. So even US - EUR clans should be able to play at decent times.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
.::|N| DIESEL

« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2003, 08:20:31 pm »

Another clan experiencing another Huge issue that needed to be dealt with accordingly before the season started.  None of the small things were taken into consideration.  Maybe if more input from the US players applied these things wouldnt have never happened.  

Too little too late Mauti...

_D
"I'm #1 so why try harder."
Noto- "I'm sorry The .::|N|etwork isn't there to pump up the season like we have in the past.  You'll just have to wait for your shot next season."
Fridge!

« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2003, 08:50:02 pm »

congratulations on your glorious comeback flies in overtaking me for the most disliked and conflict involved person on gr.  Believe it or not, the disputes don't find you flies, you've earned this title, bravo! bravo! I love it, i absolutely love it, here we have Flies who suggests to my clan mates to kick me out of SL~ because I will do more harm than good to the clan through my highly disreputable character, being grilled for his manipulative, narrow minded character and general annoyance.  

I think you're biggest problem flies, is that you create issues, then disregard counterarguments, despite their validity, and just trudge on down your narrow minded path; it's never a debate with you flies, I think somebody needs to take up sign language, because unless somebody can find another way to talk some sense into a deaf man flies is fucked.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2003, 09:14:41 pm by SL~Fridge » Logged

"Fridge killing all 3 of us 6 games in a row and his other players pretty much blew ass... it was dodgy because we did have some of our best players in that mock cb, and for us to lose not really to their team but fridge alone was quite odd, us, being some of the best players of last season."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads