*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 04:52:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GhR cheat tests in the upcoming season.  (Read 17170 times)
{E} 357mag

"Just try and control me"

« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2005, 12:23:11 am »

well krush just assign your caps lock button to team chat or something then sence u dont want to push a button,  we all know here that nf and many other apps can make you lagg kill alot, the lagger may not notice it but i cant count how many cbs we took down to a 4v4 game then all of a sudden a player from anther team leaves, launches his apps, then returns.... hell we lost a cb not to long ago because someone done that. as for modded rets ect, i dont think they give ya any edge in the game cause they dont make ya shoot straight, as a matter of a fact they can make ya have less kills, i know when i play with differant kits in xmod ect, some of the rets on there really just give me a headache and dont seem to help at all, as a matter of fact any ret other than stock makes me play like shit, so you all go ahead use your modded rets ect. i really encourage that.
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2005, 12:58:47 am »

no... I think I'll stick with netfone. easier to use... simply talk and play. Using netfone wouldn't ever be considered cheating. on another note {E} refuses to cb cO anyways so you don't have to worry about that (but that's a different issue).

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2005, 01:31:30 am »

I've never noticed the NF lag thing... can anyone else confirm this? I don't consider that cheating as it would lag everyone and not just the other team. Where's the cheater's advantage?

And for the other folks that think the game should be played "as is" out of the box... would you ask baseball players to all use the same bats? Or racecar drivers to only use cars off the showroom floor? No... that's boring. Removing sound files, creating custom maps and reticules is the same thing as one player using a heavier bat than another to improve his swing or a pit crew adjusting the aerodynamics of their driver's car to make it corner better.

Doing things like the above is what you do when you play a game at a certain level. I would wager that *DAMN has some of the best GhR player there are... so we like to tweak and customize.  Even in NASCAR races where everything is supposed to be even the teams are allowed to customize within limits.

The hax that Civic mentioned are comparible to steriods in professional sports. They provide a CLEAR and GAME ALTERING advantage. The other stuff is just guys trying to be the best they can within the limits of fair play.

In the end... it still comes down to being able to put a bullet or nade in the bullseye.

Oh and {E} will only CB us on every third Thursday after the full moon between 11:00pm and 12:24pm if we have an odd number of players whos ages total a random number that Mag generates. You're not alone Krush

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org

STFU

« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2005, 01:34:09 am »

Oh and Mag... why don't you share your PC detector with us... or at least the results you've had with using it? How many PC players have you caught?

Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2005, 01:50:12 am »

it's a pain in the ass to get the IP of a specific person with ***** because it never gives you only one IP and it's not as easy as just clicking on a person's name on GR, chatting with him there or even iChat. you always get many IPs at once.
the only ways i'd know to get the IP of a person is by asking him personally or banning him from your GhR server (and get the IP from the banlist).

edit: another way i just remembered... using the illegal PC client for GR. it shows the IPs of all hosts/servers. i seriously hope that Evill does something about that finally... although he didnt really react to this plea since months now. Undecided

edit: oh good, seems like 357mag removed his post this reply was to, heh.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 02:43:48 am by Civic » Logged

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
{E} 357mag

« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2005, 01:57:54 am »

rgr that civic im with ya there, evill can do something about it if he likes, i wonder if he can make it possiable as long as your on gameranger to disable ip joining?
Civrock

« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2005, 02:05:30 am »

it is already blocked by GameRanger since a very long time. it sets a random password for every GhR game (and some others) that's hosted through GR which makes it impossible for PCs to simply IP-join. there's unfortunately a way to find this pass out tho... but which you need a mac for.
then there's the other problem for PC users... being visible as playing with the GR account but for real being playing with the PC. i'm not going to explain how that works tho, logically, that's also why the description (or rather tutorial) about this, posted by ghost.fr a while ago, got moved to an only for admins visible area.

cO.twist

« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2005, 03:45:51 am »

is this pc-joining even really a problem?  I honestly don't think people would be that sad to try and go through that much trouble to get a few more kills.  I made this post for the cheats that are possible for the mac, which is the issue.  If we do the ss cheat tests frequently, that will eliminate it, i would think.

If im wrong about the whole pc-joining thing please correct me...it just seems like we're drifting away into way too much paranoia.
Civrock

« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2005, 03:49:11 am »

we're drifting away into way too much paranoia, yes.

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2005, 03:51:05 am »

Come on guys, it's still a game - and back in the days I remember those cheat tests really took away a lot of fun. You shouldn't be scared by the recent happenings, even more feel save that we are behind it and if you have real doubts you can still do a cheat test, but at all now to start again with cheat tests in GhR kills more than it adds. Take my word.

Just play!

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2005, 04:36:40 am »

It's sad that this has gone too far - but unfortunatly without the punkbuster which doesn't let you alter anything we are stuck with just eachothers honor and trust.

It is just a game, but it's a game that is too easily modifiable and therefore can be altered much from what it was originally intended to be.

{E} 357mag

« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2005, 05:14:45 am »

blahh, blahh, blahh, want cheese with that wine krush and T? besides T, we cbed u like 3 weeks ago didnt ya lose that one? hell, i bet u dont even get laid that often ..... clapping hands cause if ya did then ya wouldnt bitch and complain about it so much, we play for fun , this is why in recent weeks i have decided to lock my server rooms down cause of all the bitching and crybaby shit that has made gr such a non-fun place at times, so we have managed to get around that by having fun with just the peeps that we know can come in and have fun and act like they have some dam sence without all the trash talk and immature bullshit, hell im sorry i got carried away here, i thought i was talking to some kids. as most of u know , trash talk and bad behavor wont get you a cb , we dont care if we ever win the league,we however care about having fun* a great deal, and if some of ya don't want to act like ya got some dam sence then the hell with ya, you wont get a cb from me, but act like you have some sence then we can play you as often as we can. remember our goal is fun here, not running around trash talking like some school yard bullies.i must say that we have had 2 real nice cbs with zt, 1 with ghra,and 2 with special forces and a few others i cant recall (cause i wasnt present)..... cant see the reason for your bitching at all T, as for you krush get a life stop your puns, then maybe u will get a cb. if we do cb Co it wont be because of your efforts(u can bank on that)...... remember its just a game, if you care to jerkoff with it by candlelight , keep that to yourself.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 05:26:49 am by {E} 357mag » Logged
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2005, 06:57:25 am »

Check your PMs mag you silly man Grin

and let's bring this back on topic.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 07:00:26 am by cO.krush » Logged

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2005, 09:23:34 am »

dear god.  like i said all this bullshit isnt worth it at all.

remember our goal is fun here

you are right mag, but even you who always claims this is 'just for fun' locks your room, has 2 different apps running that gives you a players ip and tell you if they are on MAC or PC, you are usually hesistant to CB, are sensitive to ball breaking, have said that cheats exist where you can see eveyplayer on the map, have on a few occasions insisted that other clans are surely cheating, and in this very thread say that guys are quitting the game to launch other apps in an attempt to lag you....

I'm using you as an example to show how hack-anoia is just too damned rampant.  Everyone fucking chill.  5 seasons of cb'ing and i've only had 'cheat' issues on 2 or 3 occasions and always with the same player.  Solution?  I don't fuckng cb that guy.  I don't need to create more hassle to solve a problem, I just eliminiate the problem.

GhR is decrepidly old and all vet players can spot when something fishy is going on.  If you need to call for a cheat test, do so.  I don't understand the NEED for all of this.  The RvS issue came up because we found a cheat.... if someone has proof of a GhR cheat let it be shown.  Give us a screen shot so we can all know what the hell to look for.  All this speculation about purse bullshit has lead to so much crap!

I mean look at this.... Mag, who used to host a very popular GhR room, now has to fucking sign and host a bubble room!

cO.twist

« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2005, 10:10:59 am »

yes, this thread has gotten wayy out of hand.  Cheating isnt that big of an issue in ghr i don't think...this thread is making ghr look about 100x worse than it really is. 

This is only to let everyone know that cheat tests will be enforced next season...so their (if any) sorry asses won't get banned.

and mag - no one is fucking trying to join your stupid ass server on a pc...smoke a bowl man
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 10:53:29 am by cO.twist » Logged
xoclipse

ownage

« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2005, 01:58:42 pm »

Hey guys, I was just curious, are most/all of these hacks from people modifying the games files? Or is there any other method they use like running an external app? I wouldn't mind working on an anti-cheat program for RvS/GhR. I definitely have some ideas, and i'm bored off my ass so I'd be down to help. I'm good with lots of programming languages, so I should be able to whip something up that should work really nice.

If you want to get in contact with me about it, email me at xoclipse@cox.net or just talk to me on AIM, my screenname is xoclipse.

later

STFU

« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2005, 03:05:23 pm »

I think 357 should be banned for insinuating (look it up mag, it's a big word. 5 syliables) that I jerkoff by candlelight and that I don't get laid very often. WTF did I do to deserve that? Spike, my man, help me out here.

And Mag, since you have fired on me, let me fire back by saying... you know you lock your room so you can control your little fiefdom and prevent certain peeps from coming in a PWNing your ass. Or, hell... maybe you think we're all cheaters. Who knows. Yes, we lost that CB the other week, but I sum your win up to... well, let me put it in farm animal anecdote so you understand.... even a blind pig finds an acorn occasionally.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2005, 03:12:14 pm »

OK Thats enough. Mag, T and others you have valid comments and input, don't spoil them by degenerating into petty insults. This has gone of topic and is rapidly desolving once again into petty flames and insults.

I don't want to lock this as its a valuable and relevant thread with important issues up for discussion, so the next person to piss about in here can consider themselves pre-warned. Get back on topic or let it die.

On that note regarding the thread: Id urge people not to go overboard with the paranoia about cheats. Most of you guys have been playing this game long enough to know perfectly well when things look out of place. If you have genuine feelings that there are individual players who are using hacks or cheats of some form then either do not compete against them or request cheat tests. You can contact the *DBL Admins  privately about it and we will investigate in whatever manner we can but we will not look lightly on rash unfounded accusations.

That said RvS and GhR are to completely different games. Just because you have seen us tackling a problem with hacks being used in RvS doesn't automatically mean that the same goes for GhR.

I also fear that to demand cheat tests for every single cb you play etc is doing little more than undermining respect and confidence within the community - and will do no less than have a negative inpact on the ladder and the enjoyment that you are trying to retain in playing the game.

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 03:19:59 pm by BFG » Logged

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2005, 03:18:15 pm »

xo, rvs is about wrapped up with www.macgamingleague.com/iguard

As for GhR, anything would help. Just to shut the paranoid people up.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2005, 06:09:53 pm »

iguard isnt due to be released until friday crypt, and that link leads to nothing. im not so sure the bts guys would appreciate you releasing their anti-hack before they themselves release it.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads