*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 10:45:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GhR cheat tests in the upcoming season.  (Read 17367 times)
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2005, 07:47:08 pm »

they is alreayd too much paranoia.... please dont make cheat test mandatory, but leave them as optional.

I also fear that to demand cheat tests for every single cb you play etc is doing little more than undermining respect and confidence within the community - and will do no less than have a negative inpact on the ladder and the enjoyment that you are trying to retain in playing the game.

hear ye, hear ye!

gsr

« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2005, 08:14:02 pm »

Maybe I'm naive, but I have too much respect for the GhR/DAMN community players to believe that there is any cheating going on in GhR.  When I get pwn'd I chalk it up to your excellent skills and my stupidity.  Cheating (other than glitching) never enters my mind.

So if a screen shot makes everyone feel more secure, let's do it.  If any cheating is discovered, then let the consequences be severe.

GL HF
Malign

Kill or be Killed!!

« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2005, 02:27:01 am »

lets see here, for my 2 cents in cheat things or whatever. i personally have to agree with the ones that say modded rets (different pic of ret) should be fine. like mag said they dont make u shoot straighter. and someone else said its like baseball and asking everyone to use the samebat, just a no go it should be up to the player if they like a differnet looking ret. as for command maps for clear ones i have to say let em,  cause i saw a pic of one and from what i see would make it hard for the person to read it. they would have to turn on nv or look at the ground just to make it stand out. and if modded maps bug ppl then what about grids and spawn points, arent they cheating?  as for any other cheats like map texture and skin changing and others are the ones to be tested for. and to confirm whoever asked if any other apps turned on Will lag the game?, it does from my past expeience thx for listening to my $0.02. and cheat tests should be left to clan to decide. there are a lot of ppl out there i trust and would like the same from them.
jerkasaur

« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2005, 06:21:28 pm »

I guess I disagree that moddified command maps and rets should be considered "cheating." The command map is just a picture of battlefield, and modifying it doesn't do anything that you couldn't do mentally. It basicly allows everyone to be on the same page when it comes to team communication without a lot of extra hassle for everyone involved. Theoretically, if you were truely 1337, you wouldn't need modded command maps, because you chould memorize and standard set of numbers for spawns, and be able to give coordinates out correctly without having to have them marked down. But most people (me included) don't have this sort of fantastic memory and I don't think it should be required.

I feel the same way about modified rets. Usually, they just take up slightly less viewing space allowing you to see your target clearly and know that you're hitting him. The original rets are clunkly and unless you are playing at super high resolution provide a slight disadvantage. If you're playing at a really high resolution, the original ret is significantly less obtrusive.In addition to this, of all of the games where it's possible to change your ret, I don't think it's considered cheating in ony of them, and most games give you several different choices of styles and colors.

These two things moddifications are easy to do for any user, and all they really do is streamline the game a little bit. I doubt the orginal developers of Ghost Recon expected it to have such a compeditive muliplayer environment, and I suspect that had they known, they would have made more useful command maps and less obtrusive rets.

Just my opinion.
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2005, 06:42:48 pm »

Reticle modifications and command map modifications, for graphical look only, should not be considered cheating.  It is purely user preference. This league is all about the fun of competition.  Anyone who mods the game beyond that, giving themselves and thier clan an unfair advantage, should be ashamed.  All in all I don't see this to be a huge problem in GhR, but it is a possibility that all should be aware of. With all the time I have spent playing this game, it would be pathetic to have to use cheats to be able to compete....I hope the rest of the players in the DBL feel the same way I do.  With all the modding of GhR on the MAC finally becoming a regularity it is understandable that suspition is in the air. I also think the long downtime between seasons has led to boredom.  Keep it competitive, keep it real. Suckers and PC users cheat. MAC users should be above and beyond this.  If you cheat, you know who you are.  If not there is nothing to worry about......except my reticle on your grill. Now let's get the next f'n season rolling already. 

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2005, 05:26:51 am »

Reticles are fine no matter how you make them.

See through command maps I will still say is going too far because you can still read them well enough to be able to see if an enemy is on the map and where they are.

Malign

Kill or be Killed!!

« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2005, 05:05:29 pm »

just like reading any other map. thats what they are there for. i my self would like to know exactly where they are right away so a darker map for me would work better. i stll dont see an adavantage to a clear one. ur ret disappears when ur maps up so then what u have to take map off to shoot
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2005, 05:37:33 pm »

Well this used to be all hush hush including the rets because very few clans knew how to do it but it seems as though just about everybody has modded rets now.

And if nobody has seen these see through command maps I'll link to it here.

Now tell me wether you think you can see it clearly or not.

Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2005, 05:55:51 pm »

we're drifting away into way too much paranoia, yes.

I agree with Civic.......Let's not let this shit get out of hand.  After reading through this thread I am starting to realize this.

This is what replays are for.  If you have an issue, save the replay.....or ask the team hosting to save the replay for you.  Replays are very telling.  If we get too crazy with this, it could ruin all the fun of having a battle league.  We've all been playing this game long enough to know when we see something that just isn't right. It's very reasonable to think that in the heat of competition, some people will do anything for an edge....I like T's analogy to professional baseball. It's right on.  And if you happen to get owned....consider the fact that you just got owned.....and it doesn't necessarily mean the other guy is cheating.

Test should be an option only, and I would reccomend using such a thing only when someone is suspected of doing something sketchy.

Is something like iguard even a possibility for Ghr?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 06:00:41 pm by Cell » Logged

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2005, 06:42:23 pm »

I don't see why not - I guess I'm not sure how iGuard works but I'm sure it just makes sure all the RvS files are there and not fucked with and the same could probably be applied with GhR.

c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2005, 11:48:15 pm »

Is something like iguard even a possibility for Ghr?

These same issue came up with Ghost Recon about a year and a half ago.  Checking texture files, etc was eventually built into Gameranger itself:

November 12, 2003
GameRanger 3.5 Released With Full Unicode Support!
Here's the full list of changes:

Added full Unicode support (partial in Mac OS 9). Chat, private messages, game descriptions, Premium member Quotes and Away messages are all multilingual now
Added anti-cheat measures for Ghost Recon
Added support for the Clone Campaigns update
Added support for Premium-only games, should there ever be any
Added Undo/Redo for chat entry fields
Fixed an occasional crash with the text engine in 10.3
Worked around a text layout bug in 10.3
Worked around a problem with hotkeys for in-game voice in 10.3
Changed F9 and F10 default keys to F7 and F8 for in-game voice muting (Expose in 10.3 defaults to these)
Tweaked the room list menu to look better in 10.3
Worked around a crash caused by Speech Notification in System Preferences
Worked around voice sample rate problems caused by other apps
Fixed flickering of the sound input source menu in Mac OS 9

Some of the other folks here may be able to tell you how effective it is, I've never really tried to test it.  I don't think command maps were included in the list of files it checks, however.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 11:54:42 pm by c| Splinter » Logged

"oh no, here's come's the death."
[a] LYNX

« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2005, 08:22:10 pm »

i just noticed again that you see an info about your computer when you enable "show fps" - like "Mac OS". If you would make it rule totweak your config file to show the fps, the cheat ghost.fr described once (joining with a pc) would be eliminated.

[a] LYNX
ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2005, 09:35:35 pm »

okey dokey - thus also not showing up on the replays - hmmm, kinda inportant to know what these hacks are and how they work and in what shape or form inorder to really know how they can be combated.

u get my point mate !!!

plus from all listed in previous posts, new one just been found by removing a masking file in origmiss folder to show green and yellow dots of ennemy on maps !!!!

SO IF U MAKE SS RANDOMLY PLZ SAY WITH MAP "ON"

ok nothing else to ad!!

cya online to BUST these PUNKS
ghost.fr

« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2005, 09:40:21 pm »

Well I remember wile cbing there would almost always be a point where somone leaves for a second. So what happens then? do you restart the test for that person?

MAN u dont have to leave the game to cheat !!! u can do it from in the game !!! swap folders using a script and one key !!!!! back and for !!!
and at next map start u have textures hacks or radar hacks !!!

WE need like CIVIC said random SS but mostly a new game, harder to hack !!!
cO.twist

« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2005, 10:55:18 pm »

if that scripting is possible, ghost...then what good would even a random ss do? couldnt they just do the script right before the cheat test?
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2005, 11:07:06 pm »

I didn't think you could run a script with GhR in the foreground.

cO.twist

« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2005, 11:24:33 pm »

well if thats the only thing stopping it...then you probably could..  can you set a hotkey for a script?
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2005, 11:43:30 pm »

Yes but that's what I'm thinking - with GhR in the foreground if you press a key it will be recognized by the game and not anything else.

<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2005, 12:18:07 am »

Just a few words in here…

I’ve noticed a lot of accusations flying left right and center, in regards to cheating in Ghost Recon. If you don’t have proof and if you’re only speculating, then please don’t spread unnecessary rumours. In saying this though, it’s not cool to brag about cheating or joking about it in public rooms. Too many people are going into rooms and joking about using hacks and if you do that, it’s your own stupid fault if you become a target for accusations. This whole talk about cheating and all these goddamn speculations is driving me up the wall. Also, If you’re in a clan, that’s more reason not to joke/brag about cheating…

Until we have something that can actually catch these cheaters in the act, let’s try not to play on it too much. Let’s keep this game fun. Less speculating and more action in finding a solution is what we need here.

- [a] Red Tigah

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
ghost.fr

« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2005, 12:30:27 am »

guys if i tell u its possible !! its because i tryed!! i used a program that i wont say the name but if some admin ask me i will !! as i always did "like the eav..... app "

so i tell u its possible to swap folders during a game ! juste take it so u must ask for a SS only when the map is loaded not during breifing !!! so then if u swap folders it wont affect the map cause its already loaded !!! IS that clear cause my english is bad!!

ok cya online and dont get paranoiac just fuck these punks !!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads