*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:51:30 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GhR cheat tests in the upcoming season.  (Read 17149 times)
cO.twist

« on: July 27, 2005, 01:26:44 am »

I can't believe that cheating has become such an issue over the past few months.  I don't want this to be a problem on the GhR side...Before anyone got banned, we (cO) were planning to do some random cheat tests in the upcoming season..in order to catch the people that we believe are cheating (for wall hacks...maybe, skin mods...most definitely).  But now that people are getting perma banned for this, i don't think its worth so many people getting banned over it.

cO has alot of rival clans that we have been very close with over the past few seasons....maybe they're all clean, maybe not.  But like i said, we don't want anyone else to get banned...this is why im making this public that we will be doing a cheat test in every cb from here on out.  We will be meeting in the middle of a map...with trees, or with walls....and taking 2 ss's of the enemy: 1 ss with night vision, and 1 ss without night vision.  This will tell if the team is using full screen night vision, skin mods, tree mods, wall hacks...basically everything.

We (cO) also ask that the other clans in ghr do the same thing....I don't care if it takes a little longer after the cb to mail the ss's to the opposing team's leader...this will get rid of cheating all together...

And to those who are currently using these type of visual aids...all i can say is you're lucky that someone else took the fall for cheating..because if they didn't, then it would've been you.
Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 01:32:53 am »

yes, as we chatted some days ago, we (z][t) were and still are planning to do the same, randomly. some stuff (more and more) people are starting pull in GhR is simply getting too weird and almost obvious... 
for several seasons we just forgot about cheattests and trusted in sportsmanship of each participant, and i still hope we can, but we will make sure from now on.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 01:43:07 am by Civic » Logged

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
cO.Vickedson

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 01:41:51 am »

Don't say every CB Twist.  Let some think they can get away with it.  It'll be like playing Quick Draw at 7-11.

V

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
cO.libre

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 01:47:32 am »

i think this sounds good, and i agree fully with how blown out this cheating situation has become.. kind of a shame that we have built a community like this only to be brought down by the couple of people who actually cheat. but i guess in this situation you are only left to punish the masses for the mistakes of the few.

cO.libre - The Chosen Ones<br />www.thechosenones.us
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 01:50:44 am »

Do we need to change what the cheat test actually tests?

When they were first "invented" they were used to catch people who were using FSNV which I don't even think is possible to do anymore.

What would be considered cheating anyways - you can modify the reticles, command maps but can you modify them to a point where it is unfairly benifiting the user?

cO.twist

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 01:56:14 am »

yes, fsnv is still possible.

modifying the reticles and command maps wouldnt be considered cheating....planetrainbowsix.com explains how to change these things....replacing texture files for the player skins, or objects in any maps like trees, walls, etc would be considered cheating, in my opinion
cO.Vickedson

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2005, 01:56:20 am »

Do we need to change what the cheat test actually tests?

When they were first "invented" they were used to catch people who were using FSNV which I don't even think is possible to do anymore.

What would be considered cheating anyways - you can modify the reticles, command maps but can you modify them to a point where it is unfairly benifiting the user?

When we were in [01] and we played in the Alpha Squad Stealth Recon tournaments they made you quit the game after you got shot in each round to prevent talking to your teammates after you died.

Is that cheating?

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
Civrock

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2005, 02:02:40 am »

how would you edit the reticule or the command maps so that they benefit you unfairly? wouldn't know how that's possible, it's simple graphics. you design them as you want them to look, so it fits your personal taste best and is good and easy to use. you can't edit the reticule or the CM graphics to really affect the game.

what we should definitely test though in cheattest are: fog, soldierskins and maptextures. fsnv is only possible if you know how to workaround GR... because there's a built-in block for changes of those files, even several GhR folders.

When we were in [01] and we played in the Alpha Squad Stealth Recon tournaments they made you quit the game after you got shot in each round to prevent talking to your teammates after you died.

Is that cheating?

i don't think so, it has always been like that with Netfone or GR Premium in-game voicechat. would be kinda stupid to introduce that now also.[/color]

crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2005, 02:25:47 am »

Yeah I agree with the cheat tests. But the one problem I've seen with them is the MASSIVE size of the file. 2.0 Megs a SS is a lot to send in an email. And by reducing the size of the file, quality was lost on my part. This got me a "I cheated thread and forfeited CB."

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Civrock

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2005, 02:30:46 am »

that's only the case for SS's in Panther, SS's are in .png formate in Tiger and way smaller with as good quality. and since 99% of the clanplayers have DSL or something faster anyway... it's not necessary to edit the SS's in any way, that shouldnt be done anyway to assure the optimal quality of them.

crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2005, 02:33:16 am »

Yeah tell that to me 2 years ago, when I tried to send the 4.4 MB within 15 minutes. Well it took me 15 minutes to realize that it wasn't going to work. By the time I got them in, they already said I modified the pictures and shit.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Civrock

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2005, 02:39:37 am »

you have much more time for the sending now acccording to the current rules. also, i doubt that two .pdf GhR screenshots in Panther are 4.4MB's big (you only had to take two SS's in cheattest back then)... you gotta have a damn high display resolution for that, heh. a typical GhR screenshot in .pdf format is about 400kb big (in 1024x768) and about 1MB (in 1280x1024). much less in Tiger now fortunately.

crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2005, 03:37:24 am »

I play with 1440x900, my native display, for GhR. It runs smoothly with it so I might as well.

cO.twist

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2005, 03:42:28 am »

i doubt there'd be a problem w/ zipping them together...that might cut the size down.
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2005, 03:47:47 am »

they can always be sent via iChat... no need for messing with emails

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
cO.twist

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2005, 03:50:58 am »

that'd probably be the best way to send them
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2005, 05:25:45 am »

The problem with images is that they don't generally lose a whole lot of size when zipped or stuffited <-- lol

cO.libre

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2005, 07:54:55 am »

im sure its not a problem for any of us to sit there and recieve 10 or so SS's that are about 2 megs. for a normal dsl user that could take up to.. 2 minutes?

cO.libre - The Chosen Ones<br />www.thechosenones.us
KGB

what's going on

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2005, 10:49:23 am »

Nice to see ppl finaly responding to possible cheats in Ghr. Ghost has been trying to warn us for months about these, just a couple of days ago in the "you guys deserve an explanation" post he tried to warn us.

the possible GhR "cheats" that ghost.fr explained/showed are a big joke compared to the stuff in RvS. they make playing harder than giving you a real advantage. also, it'd be easy spotable in replays.

BFG now on GHR i can see every single oponent on map !!!! without any sensors !!!!! without any codes or third party application !!! and u would never found out !!!

I f there is no forum to speack about it if no one speak freely i could cheat u ever and ever !! do u want that i guess not thats why we need one !!! dont u think so?

RVS i dont know anythink but i look into ghr just one week and i found so much shit!! this game is made by people that dont care about cheating so its to EZ to make some

He talks about a hack where the entire map is sensored from the beginning till the end.  For a game where strategic positioning is a mayor factor, i believe that this hack is as serious as the "no-recoil" hack in RVS.
I suggest you talk to Ghost, he is a smart man and already devoted alot of time in trying to get rid of cheats in Ghr .

theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2005, 11:20:37 am »

i applaud all these efforts, but at the same time it damn near makes me sick to my stomach that we have to spend so much time talking about cheaters.

this is supposed to be fun, not work.  I love playing with everyone on here and trust you all (except on RvS where i trust NO ONE).

The biggest problem is that there is ALWAYS a workaround, especially wihtout a real PB.  I mean, who is to say that we have a cheat test where you have to take a SS at the beginning of the match.  If  I'm a cheater I just have two versions of GhR on my drive or i swap folders.  I use my 'clean' one to take the SS, but once we rejoin i usee my corrupt version.

We would have to take SSs at random points in the CB and spend time sending them back and forth.  Frankly, i won't have the patience for that shit.  If I don't trust you to the point where I have to openly question if you are hacking, well, then I shouldn't be cbing you in the first place.

sorry if im being emo about a video game.  Im usually very busy.  Yes im vacation from work now and get to play tons, but teaching school usually leave me very busy.  I usually get to squeeze in gaming for an hour when im working and play a few cb's with my clan when possible.

If GhR has devolved because of all this RvS crap then fuck it.  Count me out.  Sorry.

BTW... FtF should be on gameranger soon, according to Evill... fun game even though its not tactical... small maps, runs on a toaster (G3) but more than anything... its fun and has punkbuster.  Can't wait.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads