*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 07:29:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Meeting-point for Finalists  (Read 15426 times)
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2003, 09:17:42 am »

I thought i said it pretty simple, I'll say it again:
Why do you have a Ghostracoon (GhRa) slogan under your avatar when your now in a new clan?  Cool

| ! | Dutchman

One day I fly away

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2003, 09:56:28 am »

I would have a change to go
Finnish on your far-fetched Irish ass.

Omg! not Finish! ...:::::|N| Noto, plz stay there, don't let | ! | Burke go Finish on you. I have seen it once and I don't wanna see it again. Not even in the newspapers. I still have nightmares.

| ! | Dutchman

PS: So now we have two BL admins who agree on stretching the first round with 3 days. I also noticed we get a lot of support from the other finalists who are willing to wait 3 days. And I know the rest of the GhR community wouldn't be upset either.

So my question to the BL admins is: can we now officially cb friday/saterday against
.::|N| ? Or do you have to consult Mauti about this as well?
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2003, 09:57:14 am »

Bla bla bla bla complain complain complain complain...

Why couldn't we start the first round on weekend??? -

I answer this question with a counter question: Guys when did the finals start? - Yep sunday morning european time(saturday night pazific time)! Did someone play on this weekend day of ! or N!? NO - it's better to complain as long as the finals get extended and all other clans that have played their games in the correct time frame have to wait. Instead of complaining you could have played all games on sunday because the finals are designed that each round has at least one weekend day. Well next season I gonna make it more beautiful that you even have two full weekends and two fridays in it but thats next season.

Let's think about extending the finals: hmmm that would mean we would have to extend the finals for almost two weeks so that each round can be played on a weekend day which it was prior this stupid bla bla bla here.

Currently I have definitive other priorities than *DAMN or the BL and even if I think it is your own fault that you didn't play on sunday and the last possibility would be to ban you both I have the following suggestions:

Because the clans that have played their finals correct have to wait you have to talk with them and you need to get their agreement. So the leader of c|, BTs, SL and One have to post here that they agree to extend the finals until the 23th november. First round until sunday 12:00am CET 16th november. Second round sunday 12:00am CET - saturday 12:00am CET and last and final round saturday 12:00am - monday 12:00am CET.

The clan leaders of c|, BTs, ONE and SL don't have to post that they don't agree only that they agree. You have time to get their agreements until 9:00am CET 12th november. If only one agreement is missing N and ! are disqualified and One and BTs, which have played their games correctly, get a second chance!

Nevertheless I would hope to see your games get played tonight(tuesday) so the second round of the finals can start on wednesday, as planned, because, I repeat it again, it was YOUR fault not to play on sunday, period.

No regards,

Mauti
« Last Edit: November 11, 2003, 10:36:29 am by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
| ! | Dutchman

One day I fly away

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2003, 10:12:21 am »

Ty Mauti for your reply,
I am happy the finals will be fine-tuned next season.

The new suggestion for this final sounds excellent to me. Let's hope we get some back-up from the other finalists!

Regards.
| ! | Dutchman

.::|N| VeNoM

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2003, 12:29:11 pm »

After sitting down....reading these replys that have had a lot of thought and effort put into them a conclusion has been set forth.  The extension sounds like the best logical idea, for the reason being that both clans have time restraints and yadda yadda, we all know the rest.  Mauti has made a good point and idea. Now with the choice lying in the hands of the other (kind) clans, hopefully a just and fair choice will be made, and we will be able to get on with this....play ball!! Cool

*******SPITS*******
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2003, 02:31:22 pm »

Just in case you missed the point: it's up to you, ! and N, to contact the other clan leaders. I only look tomorrow if they all gave their bless to extend the finals or not.

since 13th June 2000
| ! | Dutchman

One day I fly away

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2003, 02:48:03 pm »

Rgr Mauti, we got the point.
Tonight .::|N| and | ! | will try to contact the other clanleaders.
And I will not only contact them, I will also offer them my sheep if they agree on stretching the first round. Damn, I will miss her (at least in the lonely cold nights).

| ! | Dutchman
.::|N| DIESEL

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2003, 03:21:53 pm »

I just recieved mail from Splint.  

He wrote:  

Yo D,

I sent you an email via your forums.  Check that email.  I wanna help out with this if I can.

This is good enough for me but if anyone can get him to post that would be great.

As far as the sheep goes Dutch-  Where can i find my own?  

_D
"I'm #1 so why try harder."
Noto- "I'm sorry The .::|N|etwork isn't there to pump up the season like we have in the past.  You'll just have to wait for your shot next season."
.::|N|SOC

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2003, 03:33:50 pm »

Mauti- I can understand you're being upset by all this. We all are.

RE: fine-tuning for next season...the problem here was that we had no idea we would be cb-ing the euro clan until the finals actually started. The rankings went through some last minute fluctuations. One and BTs had both made tentative plans to cb on sunday as you suggest. N did not, as no one thought the cb would be N vs. Core.

Fine tuning might be to allow the full weekend for the round, not just one night- the first night, when the matchups cant be planned in advance

"I'm #2... and #1 is waaaaay overrated"

NETWORK :::: http://cwdim.com/forum
| ! | Dutchman

One day I fly away

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2003, 03:38:32 pm »

As far as the sheep goes Dutch-  Where can i find my own?  

I found mine in a motel.

| ! | Dutchman

PS: Mauti, can we a have a sheep emoticon plzzzzz?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2003, 03:39:48 pm by [ ! ] Dutchman » Logged
nV.:Doom

When I die-stay away from my funeral.

« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2003, 03:54:27 pm »

I accept this.  Why not extend it if there are timezone issues?  Roll Eyes

It's all good.
Civrock

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2003, 03:57:50 pm »

hey,

i heard that it?s Veterans day or so in USA today... means no work/school for almost all there. why can?t this cb be played this evening? are there any problems too? then it can all continue as it was planned... -> 2nd round begins wednesday. and all would be happy!

Let's think about extending the finals: hmmm that would mean we would have to extend the finals for almost two weeks so that each round can be played on a weekend day which it was prior this stupid bla bla bla here.

i disagree with extending the finals to 23rd november... that?s way too long in my eyes. a lot of clans are waiting for the next season to start... only cuz of this problem, what could be solved much easier if both coth clans would be more willing to compromise!

Nevertheless I would hope to see your games get played tonight(tuesday) so the second round of the finals can start on wednesday, as planned, because, I repeat it again, it was YOUR fault not to play on sunday, period.

there is the default time for the cb?s between EUR and US clans... why didnt u play to that times? i saw | ! | online every finals day online to the default cb time so far... .::|N| was never online to that time. i was online and watched it...
to sunday: i have a chatlog of Flies and Noto where he says that N couldnt cb sunday and the whole week till next weekend at the default times... so it?s not Core?s fault i think, they were online when it was time.

If only one agreement is missing N and ! are disqualified and One and BTs, which have played their games correctly, get a second chance!

i have to disagree with this as well... it?d be too hard against the Core clan in my eyes. they were online to the set default times and now they could get punished for that? thats simply not right i say. for me it seems that N are somehow not willing to compromise...

i think last chance is this evening 22:30 GMT. c?mon! play the games and let the finals continue guys!

good luck,[/color]

z][t-Civic

P.S.: don?t take anything offensive in this post plz... i?m just trying to say my opinion and to solve this issue. Smiley
« Last Edit: November 11, 2003, 07:53:19 pm by z][t-Civic » Logged

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
[one] Revolt
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2003, 04:06:12 pm »

This is [one] Revolt...I am replying in regards to the acceptance of the cb final extension.....I would agree, but i can not due to the fact, that we too had scheduling problems..yet we worked it out....the rush of cb twice in two days, did not allow us to get every member from the [one] clan into a finals match as we desired...if this extension is passed...we too should have the same freedoms to schedule a 2 hour cb ..in a week...like ...N and !////

I never really answer these things but...some people were speaking on our behalf....so i had to..

Revolt

Embarrassed Roll Eyes
[one] Gambit

Protector of llamas everywhere

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2003, 04:22:51 pm »

I'm sorry, but this is a whole lotta bull flying around in here.

First, with all due respect to Network and Core: When it was looking like we would be getting core in the first round early last week, I started talking with Flies as early as LAST TUESDAY about scheduling first round matches. When it was up in the air again at the end of the week, I had  times set up with both Flies AND Splinter by Friday pm. Was anybody else looking ahead just a few days on this? Its not rocket science.

You might say, 'well, thats all well and good, but I can't structure my life around the BL and I have other things to do...' sure, we all do. But as far as I am concerned, being in the BL is ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENT from being in an adult basketball league, or on a soccer club, or playing for your high school football team. If you sign up to play, you DO rearrange your life to a certain extent. You enter a clan in the BL, you have a responsibility to your clanmates and all the other clans as well. If you can't manage to field a squad for the ONLY mandated matches the whole season that allow 3 days to play 3 matches, then maybe you shouldnt have your clan in the BL. Try this extension crap in any other competitive team sport environmnet.

'I'm sorry, but our Goalie is tied up this weekend- his wife is having a baby... could we reschedule our qualifying match?'

Guess what? The second string goalie gets the start.

Put in the second string.
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2003, 05:18:29 pm »

Arrrrrr, Here be my 2 cents matey.
This be the opinion of me and not me clan.  Okay, enough pirate.

I see the validity of the *Damn league based on competition of the best clans who earned the spot to be there.  Sure there was a finals schedule and delaying it would cause much delay in next season, but would a clan like BTs want to be reinstated to the finals on a technicality.  I say no.  What if we went on to win?  It would be considered a tainted title based on a technicality.  Would anyone really want a title like that? So that point I do not agree with.

I also feel that true, a schedule is a schedule, times were set, but this league is different from other things like sports or what not.  Most sports are played within a certain area where everyone is on the same time zone.  Plus, the point of this league is to gain respect within the battle community.  It would cheapen whoever would win this season if all teams are not allowed to play.  I think some of the top clans feel this too and wouldn't want the finals to carry on this way.

At the very least, force them into the one long battle or a forfeit of the first 2 of 3 CBs and make them play a 1 game match, winner take all. This is to be done within a 2 day extension, with as many players can show up.  Then force a strict hand down on all teams to play or forfeit with the forwarning.

Well, that may be 3 cents worth.  BTw, dutchy, can my donkey meet your sheep.

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
nV.:Doom

When I die-stay away from my funeral.

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2003, 05:22:48 pm »

Yeah, I think the 1 CB thing would actually be a pretty good idea, though it would throw off the points system in the finals.....anyone have a solution to get around this? Huh
« Last Edit: November 11, 2003, 05:23:39 pm by SL Doom » Logged

It's all good.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2003, 05:30:25 pm »

Alright then the normal shedule continues. ! and N you gonna have to fight tonight at the given time. If only one clan should appear rule number 29 will apply.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2003, 05:33:05 pm »

OK, this time the reply button took 18 clicks.  Somethings messed up as shit here, and its almost a waste of my time to post.</rant>

Civic: I wish that were true man.  But the days of getting off work or school for vets day are gone.  Sux if you ask me, I'm the type to appreciate what they did.

Gambit: Does your clan have a second string which can cb at 230 pm your time during a weekday?  I need say no more.

Flies: By even retyping that crap about "default times" which you know are in the middle of our workdays is a total slap in the face.  If I never hear it again it will be too soon.  Do everyone a favor and forget they exist/existed.

Mauti: Honestly, I always bought in to you.  You seemed the reason in all the madness.  But dude, didn't you think before writing the finals proceedures this season?  Or is it that you just don't care about the US west coast players period?  If that is the case, say so, and they can move on knowing that here they will simply always get the short end of the stick.

Gentlemen, (term used loosely for some) I'm really trying right now.  I can meet a euro schedule, but only on certain days when my classes permit.  We had 6+ guys on last night, at 7pm (1900) EST.  Thats both early for us, and in greater numbers.  Anyone who claims we aren't trying is wrong.  Nor has the core been less of a problem than we.

Defense rests, your honor.

The wOOt is your friend. Trust the wOOt.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
I own the former VT supercomputer node 177 wOOt! http://www.tcf.vt.edu/
.::|N|SOC

« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2003, 06:57:22 pm »

point of fact:

N was on at the appointed time on Sunday. Core had not agreed to cb at this time, but N was there anyway. Core was not on.

Core was on at the appointed time on Monday. Network had not agreed to cb at this time. N was not on.

The rules state one cb per day at the set time. Why is yesterday different from sunday?

Truth is, there has never been an agreement on a time, except that both teams agreed to try and extend the deadline. This has failed, apparently.

N has been flaming this thread up, true. But we have also been doing our best to resolve this. Don't act like it's one-sided. The only one-sided issue is that the rules favor euro-times over US times. No wonder, I guess, since they were written in europe.

Any sports league I have been involved in as an adult happened at a set time on a set day. It's easy to schedule around playing softball for an hour every sunday between 9am and 1pm. The playoffs stick to that same schedule, usually. By your logic, that this is "just like any other league" N should have expected to log in at our usual time and play the playoffs, right? Point is, this ain't like other activities, where there is a TEN hour differential between some of the players. No one is playing at their normal time, no matter when it is. We need some flexibilty here to make it work. Sounds like sour grapes to me, ONE. Sorry you lost and all, but you're going to pin it on us? C'mon.

"I'm #2... and #1 is waaaaay overrated"

NETWORK :::: http://cwdim.com/forum
c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2003, 06:57:46 pm »

Well, for what it's worth I was all for allowing a time extension.  The planning of the finals with the default times set were pretty short sighted, and N is being unjustly penalized for it.  

"oh no, here's come's the death."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads