*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:21:33 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Meeting-point for Finalists  (Read 15400 times)
*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2003, 09:44:07 pm »

Haz, I second that. As with the discussion earlier this season on the "strictness" of the rules, in my opinion the rules concerning such things like timing of a CB should be considered guidelines.

*DAMN Elandrion

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
.::|N| DIESEL

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2003, 10:03:53 pm »

So, as of now I have 2 BL Mods and Dutchy in agreement to move this cb to the weekend.  

Great.  This just may work out for the best.   Grin

_D
"I'm #1 so why try harder."
Noto- "I'm sorry The .::|N|etwork isn't there to pump up the season like we have in the past.  You'll just have to wait for your shot next season."
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2003, 10:20:40 pm »

If I were involved in either of the two clans, I'd also agree to it, but since im not, I'll just give my agreement that it is a good idea.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
| ! | Dutchman

One day I fly away

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2003, 10:26:55 pm »

So, as of now I have 2 BL Mods and Dutchy in agreement to move this cb to the weekend.  

Lol Diesel, it's not only me form Core who would like to cb on Friday/Saterday. Believe it or not, we all prefer to sleep at 3 am during weekdays. Wink

So actually it's the Network, Core and 2 BL admins who would like to agree on stretching the first round till comming weekend

Dutchman
.::|N|SOC

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2003, 10:50:12 pm »

so that's it then? problem solved?

or are we waiting for some additional approval from "on high" Huh?

woooooooooot.

cant wait for saturday. hope i get on in time to catch some action.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2003, 10:50:50 pm by .::|N|SOC » Logged

"I'm #2... and #1 is waaaaay overrated"

NETWORK :::: http://cwdim.com/forum
Noto
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2003, 11:54:10 pm »

If both clans are willing to CB this coming weekend, then what is the problem?  Two admins like the idea, members from other clans (that are finalist) like the idea, the memberos .::|N| and | ! | also like the idea.  It seems that Flies is the only one who does not like this idea, but hey, if Flies wants to win round one because The .::|N|etwork cannot be there, then fine.  Have your hollow victory Flies, but you'll have to wait until after Tuesday for it.  I would have figured that | ! | would rather face us in the finals properly rather than humping the rules for forfeiture.  We want to CB, we just cannot due to the biased writing of the rules.  I'm glad you take advantage of that Flies.  It makes you and your clan look like a bunch of champions.

Flies, you have already said you wouldn't mind CBing this coming weekend, so what's the problem?  No one is forcing you to seek any further decision from the Admins that has been given.  If you want to stick by the rules, that is your decision, and the decision of your clan.  If you want to CB us this weekend, then that is still your decision and the decision of your clan.  

.::|N| Noto

You want my straight answer? Here it is: I have no problem with clans waiting till the weekend to cb. If another mod seconds this motion fine.

Haz, I second that. As with the discussion earlier this season on the "strictness" of the rules, in my opinion the rules concerning such things like timing of a CB should be considered guidelines.

*DAMN Elandrion

In my opinion, an extension has to be allowed.  This scheduling problem will not end with .::|N| vs !.  If c| was in .::|N|'s place, we also wouldn't be able to play.  It's not fair to ask Euro players to stay up till 3am, and it's not fair to ask US players to cut out of school/work to come play a video game.  Weekends are the only neutral time for everyone.

I think we all know that would be the best solution. If the admins could stretch the first round with only 3 days, The Network and The Core will be very thankfull.

Hell, I'll even send you one of my sheep.

Dutchman

If I were involved in either of the two clans, I'd also agree to it, but since im not, I'll just give my agreement that it is a good idea.
| ! | Dutchman

One day I fly away

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2003, 12:13:12 am »

Like said - we would also be cool with the weekend, and we are more or less go with anything.  We just need decision.

Best regards
l ! l  Flies

You missed this quote Noto Wink

| ! | Dutchman
.::|N| juGGla

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2003, 12:54:42 am »

jibberjabber----

CB-time is up now - and we pro forma have a Gameroom open + given the password to N-clan. However, nobody from N-clan shows up.

snippety snip ----

I will now close the gameroom, and leave this chat to be ended by somebody else.

Its not our job to solve this anymore.

Best regards
l ! l  Flies

Gameroom is open eh?  Thats good and all but how am I supposed to be in it...if I'm still at work?  Sorry everyone cant cater to the euro schedule.  If this cannot be resolved...I dont really give a shit.  I'll just pull out of finals as well. I've got more important things to worry about than...Hey, boss....can I get out early today so I can play a video game?  BUT...its a REALLY important game, where I win absolutely nothing other than a nice graphic that says im  WINNER.  Hey N, I can make winner badges for all of you.  It was the same bullshit last year.

"If the enemy is in range, so are you."
GEN BILLY

Go Damn

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2003, 01:36:55 am »

You want my straight answer? Here it is: I have no problem with clans waiting till the weekend to cb. If another mod seconds this motion fine.

*DAMN Elandrion

Lol Diesel, it's not only me form Core who would like to cb on Friday/Saterday. Believe it or not, we all prefer to sleep at 3 am during weekdays. Wink

So actually it's the Network, Core and 2 BL admins who would like to agree on stretching the first round till comming weekend

Dutchman

SO I THINK THE SITUATION HAS BEEN AGREED UPON AND APPROVED BY TWO BATTLE TEAM MODERATORS  THE CORE CLAN AND THE NETWORK

WE HAVE A TIME SET UP ON SATURDAY AND THE NETWORK WILL BE THERE.

NOW FLIES WHATS WITH LEAVING ME A PW TO YOUR ROOM IF I WASNT EVEN THERE? AND EVEN IF I WAS THERE WHO WAS GONNA CB ME?, AND ME?, AND ME?,AND AGAIN LIL OL ME  VS THE CORE? I CAN TAKE YA....HEHE  WHAT A DUMBASS

I GUESS YOU LIED WHEN WE ALL TALKED SUNDAY THAT YOU WOULDNT CB US ON MONDAY OR WED SINCE WE ALL HAVE PERSONAL MATTERS TO ATTEND TO.

YOU ALSO SAID IT YOURSELF TO ME AND NOTO AND DIESEL WE WERE ALL THERE THAT YOUR CLAN CANT MAKE MON OR WED EITHER.

WE ALSO TOLD YOU TO CALL YOUR BOYS LETS DO ONE RIGHT NOW,BUT YOU DIDNT. SO DID WE CALL OUT THE HOGS AND CALL FORFIET....NO WE DIDNT.

WE TRIED TO WORK IT OUT BUT TODAY WHAT ARE YOU DOING CALLING A FORFIET FOR US WHEN YOU YOURSELF SAID YOU WOULDNT BE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

THEN YOU POP IN AND CALL A FORFIET FOR US BULL SHIT FLIES I THOUGHT YOU WERE A BETTER PERSON THAN THAT.

AND IM SORRY TO SAY THIS BUT VOODOO WAS RIGHT ABOUT YOU ALL ALONG, AND THATS HARD FOR ME TO SAY.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2003, 01:57:26 am by .::|N| GEN BILLY » Logged

GEN BILLY
cO.Vickedson

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2003, 01:40:19 am »

Thats sucks, [one] sends it's regards.  We would have been in the same situation if it hadn't had been for a couple hundred points...

This really needs to be worked out for next season.  Live and learn.

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
Fridge!

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2003, 01:58:07 am »

Yeah, no kiddin wick, the finals should be scheduled to begin on a thursday night or something, that way any European-North American cb's can be set and played out in the next few days.

"Fridge killing all 3 of us 6 games in a row and his other players pretty much blew ass... it was dodgy because we did have some of our best players in that mock cb, and for us to lose not really to their team but fridge alone was quite odd, us, being some of the best players of last season."
cO.Vickedson

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2003, 02:04:25 am »

We were prepared for a double-header on Sunday, yes Flies...but after the 3 hour marathon with c| yesterday I'm glad we didn't have to.

However, this is only going to be an issue again with whoever wins between c| and [one]...We kinda get fucked either way.  Oh well

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2003, 02:32:20 am »

unless I am mistaken, this ain't over yet.

one of the following is true:

(A) Mauti will finally relent that the schedule wasn't really fair, and allow us to cb on saturday. back to back to back, if necessary.

(B) Mauti will say the schedule stands. In that case, N forfeits game one for not showing up according to the schedule in the rules. We didn't miss the entire round yet, just the first cb of a best-of-3 series.

If (A) is true, hooray! These finals might actually be settled by playing the game, not by a poor set of circumstances and some petty bickering.

If (B) is true, then N will propose a time to cb within the remaining hours of this round. Of course, inevitably, that time will not work for [!], so they will again raise the issue that the time for the cb will go according to the default time set in the rules. So, we'll have a repeat of this for tomorrow. N will not be able to get a team online, and we'll miss our appointment. Which we never agreed to in the first place.

Unfortunately, the collateral damage of (B) is that, at least in some people's minds, these finals will have been tainted. That badge of honor the [!] clan so desperately desires will be a badge of shame, in my opinion.

Let's consider option (C) shall we?

An upstanding, adventurous, principled clan leader might have taken it upon himself to say, "No. I will not take a sour victory such as this. We played hard and well all season. I do not want this tainted badge. If we cannot win on our merits, we shall not win at all. We too shall not show up at the appointed time. We shall boycott these unfair rules. We shall hold the finals hostage to truth, honor, and dignity. We will make the rules work for us ALL."

Of course, these types of selfless acts are few and far between here in the good ole' 21st century of gameranger, where it seems we are all hostages, not hostage-takers. Those who write the rules, make the rules, I guess. I imagine it is a take-it-or-leave-it proposition in their eyes. Well, I guess we're leaving it.

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2003, 03:14:13 am »

wait...just reviewed the rules....

default is one cb per day at the appointed time.

we had guys on for it on sunday. we didn't pull the ole' shaft routine...but we were on and ready. core was not.

core had the guys today, we didn't

does that mean we are tied at one forfeit each now?

1-1?

is that how we want it?

we don't. we wanna play. on saturday. be there or be square.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2003, 03:16:25 am by .::|N|SOC » Logged

Noto
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2003, 03:29:30 am »

...I presented this deal for N-Noto, who refused it, as being impossible for the N-clan...

That's complete horse pussy!!  First off, get the fucking tag right:

.::|N|

I wasn't the only one there Flies.  GEN BILLY and DIESEL were also there.  What deal was it that we refused?  I think it was the deal that said we had to play that day, Sunday.  Our members thought we were going against the co||ective, so they thought to be on later than 2pm.  Like I said in an earlier post.  We had guys on at the "appointed time" on Sunday, although they were there for the co||ective.

For the love of fuck Flies, either give both sides of a story or do not post at all!  I'm seriously going to fly to Europe and beat the shit out of you if you keep doing this one-sided story telling shit again.  Don't think I won't come over either.  I just renewed my Irish passport, finished a pint of Guinness, and E-mailed my family in Scariff and Dublin.  Don't make me go Irish on your ass!

Bring it | ! |

.::|N| Noto
« Last Edit: November 11, 2003, 03:33:00 am by .::|N| Noto » Logged
GEN BILLY

Go Damn

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2003, 03:31:24 am »

Flies come on now think

we have two moderators that approved the saturday battle

that is why mauti has moderators is to take care of all the little bullshit that goes on from day to day.

we also have a post from you and dutch saying saturday is ok also.

mind you we made the saturday date last sunday remember.

why dont you just stop all this mauti talk and show up.

since the matter is settled by the battle league moderators.

GEN BILLY
l ! l Burke

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2003, 06:18:39 am »

Yeah excellent idea -*;;;;:.-N NOTO(did I get the tag correctly?)
Come over to Europe and bring your clan(not your family) with you, that would solve all the timing problems and then I would have a change to go
Finnish on your far-fetched Irish ass.
Noto
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2003, 08:28:45 am »

wOOt Burke   Cool
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2003, 08:54:32 am »

I think we all forget that theres people that are not in the finals, and that they prob wanna get back to cb'ing soon, so us finalists cant take all the time in the world.

Although not only would i like to see the cb on the weekend but it is the only time its even possible for me.

Diesel and noto..whats going on here? You guys are better than this. Im not going to tell you to chill cause when you tell someone who not chilled to chil they just get more..well you know, Not saying that you guys arent chilled  ofcourse  Wink But lets try to be friendly here.

Acri

I swat flies with a hammer. Redundant?

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2003, 09:04:57 am »

Err joka....

And further more... what the... Oh my god! You sunk Portugal!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads