*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:48:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GhR 2 PC-Version CANCELLED - GhR 3 announced!  (Read 32121 times)
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2005, 04:53:21 pm »

good news, GhR3 won't be using the disgusting Havok... check this out

Cheesy

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2005, 05:47:35 pm »

woohoo, that's almost like an announcement that it'll come for Mac! Cheesy

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2005, 09:32:11 pm »

Sad. Oh well the point is the 6600 is a level below the competing X800 (+9800) and the 6800 (and 6800 GT).

Are you saying a 9800 equals a X800?

Im saying the 9800 to the X800 is what the 6800 (ultra) is to the GT version. The 6600 is a X600-X700 level competitor.

Maybe this means Rainbow Six 4 won't use havok either?

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2005, 10:23:46 pm »

Maybe this means Rainbow Six 4 won't use havok either?

U know what given looking at the recent announcments regarding Havok and Ageia everyone seems to be raving about the possibilities of Ageia - and they want to build in support for the Ageia PPU ... so right now if i had to bet my money on which RS4 would be using... it wouldn't be havok! Cheesy

cO.twist

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2005, 10:38:40 pm »

http://www.barefeats.com/radx800.html

the x800 xt owns all cards that are currently out for mac.  when i upgraded to this card from the original 5200 ultra, it was a day and night difference.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2005, 10:57:00 pm »

Im still holding out on buying a new card. My 9600 is holding its...decent... ground. I'm praying for one more Mac generation using AGP 8X (remember the 16X of PCIe hasn't been taken advantage or even 4X AGP so the mac manufactures/chip designers could theoretically choose to keep the 8X interface.)

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
PuNiSheR!

Known as the Punisher who was in "SbK" (the noob)

« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2005, 09:35:58 am »

i been hearing  people talking about it but i didn't know , seem like Ghr 3 was hiding from me. lol   Plz give me some info. thx

merged. read this thread for infos about GhR3 and answers to your question, Punisher. Smiley  - Civic
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 11:26:21 am by z][t-Civic™ » Logged

"Everyone wants to win but no one wants to practice"
Civrock

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2005, 10:31:42 pm »

www.ghostrecon.com/uk/ghostrecon3

Shocked shocked

new SS's and video, and its official name is going to be Ghost Recon - Advanced Warfighter. Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 10:38:16 pm by zt.Civic » Logged

.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2005, 01:48:57 am »

That movie is very cool but there is no way in hell that is taken from the game and actuall game play. That is just a CGI movie.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
cO.twist

« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2005, 06:09:49 am »

those ss's are in game though, aren't they?
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2005, 12:02:53 pm »

I think I'll stick with calling it Ghost Recon 3. Getting it on the Xbox 360 at the end of this year.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Civrock

« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2005, 05:26:06 pm »

What differences can we expect between the PC and the Consoles versions?

There will be many differences both versions, and many of theme are induced by the simple fact that both are very different. For instance, if you take into account that you control your soldier with a keyboard and a mouse rather than with a pad, you know that you will shoot faster and more accurately. For us, that means that we have to adapt the level design (offer more covers), the camera system (immersive first person view), the difficulty (enemies are more challenging)… Basically nearly all areas of the game have to be adapted just considering this simple fact.

In the PC version of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, we will develop the tactical aspect further than in the other versions, because this approach best fits this platform, and we know that all Ghost Recon fans are expecting to be able to plan their team’s actions on the battlefield.

That’s why we are implementing exclusive features for the Tactical Map of the game. With this tool, the planning phase can now happen at anytime in the game (at least when you’re safe enough!). That also means that you’ll be able to change your plans if things do not go as planned, just like real soldiers do. We feel this is an ideal balance between strategy and improvisation.

Also the PC version will provide many other improvements and tweaks to make it fit the expectations of our audience.

Can you please explain us the main differences between the first opus of Ghost Recon and Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter?

Actually, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter has a lot in common with the features that the fans loved in the first opus, the features from a tactical shooter. We have however improved and increased these tactical features, taking advantage of the technology that the soldiers of the future will use.

The other big difference is of course the visual quality which will benefit from the latest Next Gen PC rendering and effect.

Finally, multiplayer expands towards new modes which also take advantage of our new tactical layer and near futuristic context.

A lot of people have been upset with very little information on the upcoming PC-based Tom Clancy games. Have you in any way listened to the input and wishes of fans when doing Tom Clancy’s GHOST RECON Advanced Warfighter?

Because we do not express ourselves on the forums does not mean that we don’t read them. We know what the expectations are, and our objective remains to provide a deep and involving game. We are still debating many aspects of the game, and the opinions expressed by the fans are always taken in consideration.

For example on Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon 2, feedbacks from the PC community revealed that the “Over the shoulder” view was not appreciated. So on the PC version of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, we decided to stick to a first person view during the whole game.

One of the strongest points of Ghost Recon was the multiplayer mode. Which possibilities will be available to players and what improvements have been made?

This is an area we cannot really talk about right now, because it is still heavily under work right now, and because we do not want to spoil everything. However, we can already tell you that all the basics you can expect from an online shooter will be here plus most of the classical modes associated with the Ghost Recon brand. But we will also provide we will also propose some great innovative modes which will fully exploit the tactical layer of the game and the near futuristic context.

crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2005, 12:52:00 pm »

After reading the recent Game Informer magazine article on Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for XBox 360, I have to say I am very excited about it. There will be NO load times and it will be a seamless experience from start to finish of war infested Mexico City. From the looks of it, you will be able to use multiple techniques that will make the single player experience with A.I. much better. A.I. will now react to enemy fire and grenades, (A.I. as in your teammates, and your enemies) finding cover when necessary, the warfighter gear will give you cameras from their view, and you will be able to use air strikes and helicopter views to give you an edge. Bag all that with the most realistic physics engine ever devised, and you've got one hell of a game.

I don't know much of anything about how the multiplayer experience will be, but I imagine smooth 60 FPS immersive battles in HD. I also don't know how much of the whole warfighter aspect will exist online.

All in all, I still can't believe this game is coming out THIS YEAR!

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2005, 02:34:50 pm »

Sounds all very urban ... What happened to the hills and streams of GhR or even GhR2:(

crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2005, 08:21:35 pm »

I'm sure there will be rubble piles full of Mexican bodies. Cheesy And streams of blood. Kidding, of course.

z][t-Rampage

can u rap?

« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2005, 09:28:06 pm »

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/tomclancysghostrecon3/preview_6129714.html?q=1&tag=gs_hp_flashtop_bg

not sure if ya'll have seen this trailer yet. its on the bottom of the page after the interview.

enjoy

Live every day, as if it's your last
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2005, 05:36:38 pm »

no i missed it tucked up down there hiding away... a few thoughts

• Ooo um very 'consoley' feel (yeah ok its on a console no surprises there) but the firing looks horribly 'spray and pray' and pretty inaccurate with the clunky rets ...

• the body physics - Character animation and movment... fantastic.

• Nice to see some decent gun kick and some gurt big muzzle flashes Wink

• detail in the maps - awesome

• all things flying and those explosives... wow  Grin
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 05:39:23 pm by BFG » Logged

Civrock

« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2005, 05:40:01 pm »

as i've read in another Q&A for the PC-version the in-game interface will be much different, not consoley at all and in 1st-person view, since a PC is not a console. Wink just all available trailers are from the xbox version so far.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2005, 05:41:09 pm »

glad to hear it Cheesy 

must say graphics have blown me away - but king of the jaw drops has come from the body physics.

Civrock

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2005, 05:41:58 pm »

yeah, i was sitting there with open mouth and eyes wide open when i saw the very first trailer when it got released, drooling. lol

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads