*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:29:54 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip
| | |-+  GhostSniper's Quiz Corner (Moderator: BTs_GhostSniper)
| | | |-+  March-April Quiz!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: March-April Quiz!  (Read 8631 times)
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« on: March 21, 2006, 04:29:25 am »

Here it is, the March & April Quiz!  This month the winner of the quiz will receive a $100 iTunes Gift Certificate or $100 in CASH (winners choice)!  The quiz will be all about the United States Air Force!

Good Luck!

U.S. Air Force Quiz:

1. What is the only currently active U.S. Air Force Base that was activated on the day the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor?

2. When did the U.S. Air Force officially name the F-16 the "Fighting Falcon"?

3. Who was responsible for the adoption of the current U.S. Air Force Song?

4. What is the highest rank anyone has attained in the U.S. Air Force Reserves, and who was that person?

5. Who was Commander-In-Chief of Strategic Air Command on the day I was born?

6. What is the only current U.S. Air Force transport plane that I have not jumped out of?

7. What Air Force pilot holds more speed, altitude, and distance records than any other person?

8. What is the only foreign country in Asia that the U.S. Air Force has had bases in that has never fallen to foreign rule?

9. Who was the U.S. Air Force's first ace after it became a separate service?

10. What Air Force airplane made the only gun-kills against another aircraft during the Gulf War?
[/size]
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 08:41:11 am by BTs_GhostSniper » Logged

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 05:42:11 am »

i got 4 so far

Asylum

Iceman

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 11:32:51 pm »

Submitted all my answers.
Was lucky to get all 10, hard questions !

Asylum ( gforceghra@gmail.com )
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 10:57:48 pm »

Guess what?  I've just decided to upgrade the prize to a $75 iTunes Gift Certificate since I seem to have made a really hard quiz (either that, or the quality of the players has gone WAY down in the last year).[/size]  Wink

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 05:50:28 am »

there are a few questions that are killer.

<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 06:11:28 am »

I have 6 so far woot! except #6 confuses me..... and the rest aren't google friendly....

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 04:48:12 am »

I have 6 so far woot! except #6 confuses me..... and the rest aren't google friendly....

Okay, here's a hint for #6...the reason I never jumped out of this airplane is that when I left the Army, this airplane hadn't entered active service with the U.S. Air Force yet.[/size]  Wink

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 08:40:32 am »

Since nobody has won the March Quiz yet, I'm making it the March-April Quiz and increasing the Prize...take a look![/size]

theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 03:04:29 am »

i got 9... 1 has been stumping me for a week.

Asylum

Iceman

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2006, 01:06:11 pm »

What is your birth date ?
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2006, 04:55:26 pm »

Don't tell him. I had to figure out that one on my own.

By the way... I submitted my first set of answers last night at exactly 2300 eastern time, but I haven't gotten a response back from you yet...

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 06:24:41 am »

Congratulations to Red Tigah and Weak on combining forces to win the March-April Quiz!!!

The correct answers are:

1. Tyndall AFB, FL was activated on December 7, 1941.

2. July 21, 1980

3. General of the Air Force Henry H. Arnold

4. General James H. Doolittle, who was advanced to the grade of 4-Star General on the Retired Reserve list by President Reagan 40 years after he made Lt General in World War II.

5. Gen John C. Meyer

6. Boeing C-17 Globemaster III, which hadn't entered active service yet at the time I stopped jumping out of airplanes.

7. Col Jacqueline Cochran

8. Thailand

9. Col James Jabara

10. Fairchild A-10 Thunderbolt II

Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 07:08:51 am »

Ah. Tough quiz. Nice job you guys, but I still say doubling up is pretty cheap.

I got #2, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 10.

However, I'd call BS on #6, because it seems like there have been other transport planes that have entered service since you left the military in 1998.

Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 08:12:50 am »

Ah. Tough quiz. Nice job you guys, but I still say doubling up is pretty cheap.

I got #2, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 10.

However, I'd call BS on #6, because it seems like there have been other transport planes that have entered service since you left the military in 1998.

Actually, no.  The C-17 is the only transport that the U.S. Military uses for Paratroopers that has entered service since I stopped jumping...which was in 1994, by the way.  I stopped jumping when I transferred from the Army to the Air Force in 1994...never jumped again after that.  The only transports that have entered service since then have all been airliners and business jets converted for military use...nothing that we would use to jump out of.[/size]

Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 03:23:00 pm »

Ah, but you need to specify that next time. The question was phrased as:

6. What is the only current U.S. Air Force transport plane that I have not jumped out of?

There ARE in fact multiple USAF transport planes that you have not jumped out of.

There is only one plane, however, that you have not jumped out of that is currently used for transporting paratroopers.

theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2006, 04:08:38 pm »

wow, if this isn't a blatant case of sour grapes....

Look more closely... he specifies that the plane is used by the USAF.  Don't blame Ghosty for your lack of attention to detail.

Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2006, 05:11:17 pm »

Weak, you need to relax. No need to go on the attack. No one's trying to take your prize away from you. This isn't sour grapes at all; I even pointed out that there were three other questions where I wasn't even close, so even if I did [win] this [debate], it isn't going to amount to anything for me. I'm merely pointing out that it was a slightly odd way of phrasing of the question, so that further quizzes could potentially be improved (and isn't that the goal of everything? Constant improvement?)

Look more closely... he specifies that the plane is used by the USAF.  Don't blame Ghosty for your lack of attention to detail.

Look more closely? My lack of attention to detail? Um... I can read, thanks.

Anyway, I won't go any further with this. Maybe it was the lack of specifics in the question, but maybe it was how I perceived the question. Either way, thanks again to GS for being so charitable.

Until next time.

PandabeaR

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2006, 06:28:06 pm »

GS... why dont you just replace the quizes and give the money to the winner of the DBL tourneys? I think that would bring alot more people to the table. But anyway, i'll try a quiz next month, seeing as how I've never done one b4  clapping hands
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2006, 05:00:27 am »

GS... why dont you just replace the quizes and give the money to the winner of the DBL tourneys? I think that would bring alot more people to the table. But anyway, i'll try a quiz next month, seeing as how I've never done one b4  clapping hands

I actually brought that very thing up to the other admins a while back...and then they reminded me that I would be buying a prize for EVERY MEMBER of the clan that wins!  Wow, that could get expensive!  lol[/size]

theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2006, 09:42:24 am »

didnt mean to sound attacking.... its one of those text things.... my bad, pie.

I just don't see how you misinterpreted the question.  I think I found that one easily.  Sorry if I was too.... whatever.

wub.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic Print
Jump to:  

Ads