*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:50:16 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip
| | |-+  Tech Talk (Moderators: *DAMN Hazard, Civrock, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | | |-+  Airport reception111
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Airport reception111  (Read 2893 times)
Spanke

« on: March 12, 2006, 08:54:02 pm »

Bah, I have airport express and on my g5 the reception is like terrible.. it's as bad as if I were stealing from a neightbor ye tit's like 1-2 rooms away... My laptop and imac g5 get full bars and the imac is in the basement... I don't know what's up.. I'm thinking a hardware issue or something... has anyone else had a problem like this?
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 12:16:10 am »

Did you use the airport external antenna that came with the computer? If not the metal will block the signal.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Spanke

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 02:23:00 am »

yea:o i have the external antenna.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 02:44:04 am »

I don't know what you meant. But, if you mean it still is bad, then try to take a look at the airport card in the computer (Located above the ram, picture here: http://idisk.mac.com/cyberdid/Public/taho/modbt/image5.jpg) and make sure the antenna wire is connected.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 03:12:41 am »

Have the latest software updates as well?

Spanke

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 04:17:18 am »

I know, I installed the card myself, and also checked the card and antenna attachment this morning .. that's before i made the thread ..as for latest software ...  I don't have the LATEST :X I shall do that now. BUt my other FARTHER away comps get WAY better reception -BLAH!
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 05:59:57 pm »

You may have screwed up the installation, or it's a "lemon".

John Lennon
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 05:21:05 am »

I don't know why you would want to go wireless on a PowerMac, but ok, the advice given here sounds good.  I would update all requirements for airport, check the airport express's firmware version if its up to date, and unplug the airport card and reconnect it, sometimes, something that simple, fixes the problem.

The King of Pistoleros
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 11:30:32 pm »

Why not go wireless on a powermac?  That's the only way I've ever done it and it's always runs great.  I'm the wirless one and I get the same exact speed as the computer connected driectly to the modem.

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
Spanke

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2006, 02:45:22 am »

I don't know why you would want to go wireless on a PowerMac, but ok,
Well, I like wireless.. I also have a G3, an iMac G5, and a sony laptop. that's too many wires for me and i also like to move around with the top ; )
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 03:34:35 am »

Well, I would only go wireless with a desktop if it couldn't be wired. Wireless is not secure and slower.

John Lennon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads