*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:39:21 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Question about hosting?  (Read 2342 times)
deumrabbit
« on: February 27, 2006, 04:46:24 am »

I'd like to clarify something in the rules.... If two clans clan battle with a split host and when they go to split host, after doing the lagtest, the other clan (the clan who just hosted and is now not the host) says it is "too laggy", And if the clan who is now hosting does not have another host and the clan who is not hosting refuses to play on the other clan's host, what happens? is the cb null?, and if so, then what would happen in the scheduled cbs if one clan refuses to play on the other's host after playing the first 3 rounds and swapping hosts? In my opinion, the clan who refuses to play on the only host the other clan has should forfeit the match.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 04:50:26 am by deumrabbit » Logged
Clay

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 08:00:41 am »

'd like to clarify something in the rules.... If two clans clan battle with a split host and when they go to split host, after doing the lagtest, the other clan (the clan who just hosted and is now not the host) says it is "too laggy", And if the clan who is now hosting does not have another host and the clan who is not hosting refuses to play on the other clan's host, what happens? is the cb null?, and if so, then what would happen in the scheduled cbs if one clan refuses to play on the other's host after playing the first 3 rounds and swapping hosts? In my opinion, the clan who refuses to play on the only host the other clan has should forfeit the match.

Yeah , Rabbit, I agree that the situation you are refering too is pretty fucked up.
But i think that if a clan doesn't have a decent host, with no 2 seconds delay, the other clan doesn't HAVE to accept playing on a host, i mean, when it's too laggy, it's too laggy...
I guess, in that kind of situation, both clan should look for a friend with a good server and ask him to dedicate it for like 1hour for the cb to take place in a decent way.
Also, i think that before a cb start, and before a split host is agreed both clans should make the guy who is about to host open a room, and both clan should compare the ping.
No offence dude, but yesterday on DarK host, i got a 350 ping. :S , I would have never accepted to cb on a server where i get a 350 ping if I checked that before the cb.
Also, to my eyes, maybe you should have opened a new thread because it's a quite polemic subject you are refering too, even if i know that those problems mostly happens between Euros and American clan, and Euro clans are less and less

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 08:22:33 am »

A lag test must be performed with each new host. During the season, clans are
encouraged to test both hosts  before agreeing to the clanbattle
During the finals, pretesting of all hosts is required. In  the end you
have to pick one host or nullify the CB.

The rules suggest to pretest both hosts before cbing. So there are no problems. At all you have to pick up a host or nullify the cb. Of course if the other clan is leading you can't just nullify it, you can only abort the cb:

Any clan that forfeits, or has to abort the CB automatically, loses by a score of DEFAULT NUMBER OF GAMES-0. The clan that did not forfeit must submit the CB as a DEFAULT NUMBER OF GAMES-0 win.

Hope that helps,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
deumrabbit
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 12:44:55 am »

Rgr Mauti thx... So if a clan refuses to play on the only host the other clan has after playing half the cb, they forfeit the cb. k.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 12:51:31 am by deumrabbit » Logged
[a] ferret

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 06:20:56 am »

So the best solution is to Lagtest both servers before the cb starts. Seems stupid.. but it may help situations like such. Also a question I have concerning split hosts (this actually happened last season but not to our clan). If ClanA hosts a room that provides all joiners that ability to use Gameranger voice and then moves to ClanB's host, however, they cannot provide an equal opportunity for Gameranger voice to any joiner, would that be a DBL concern?

** you know.. after posting this I realized that the new Gameranger may provide voice to all joiners with premium.  **
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 06:30:17 am by [a] ferret » Logged

WeedWacker

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006, 05:25:03 pm »

Don't forget all this testing is going to suck up your precious one hour CB time limit.

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 05:30:55 pm »

Yep, that's the reason why you really should be there on time, if not even earlier, so you can more relax if a host isn't satisfying and try another one. At all if you are there on time at 7:00pm you can already start which gives you extra time, but if you get late time will maybe short, beside risking a forfeit loss.

since 13th June 2000
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 06:55:06 pm »

Just don't make the mistake of agreeing to split host before you lagtest... I never saw this in the rules, but, how I understand it is if you agree to split host (I was under the assumption that by agreeing to split host you're agreeing to lagtest) you don't have a choice but to play it out no matter how laggy it is.  Make sure you test the host before you "agree" to anything.

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 04:43:22 pm »

Just take a look at page 9 and 10 of the *DBL Rules 3.8(9).pdf. When you agree to split hosting you can still disagree to this host, when the lagtest games aren't satisfying, but once agreed after a maximum of 2 lagtest games you have to play on this host.

In the case that no host can be found, and it is a scheduled cb, the *DBL admins will set a host that you have to play on, no matter if you experience more lag or not.

since 13th June 2000
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 09:15:47 pm »

Just take a look at page 9 and 10 of the *DBL Rules 3.8(9).pdf. When you agree to split hosting you can still disagree to this host, when the lagtest games aren't satisfying, but once agreed after a maximum of 2 lagtest games you have to play on this host.

In the case that no host can be found, and it is a scheduled cb, the *DBL admins will set a host that you have to play on, no matter if you experience more lag or not.

Then why were we told we had to play the cb on their host? we had only played out one lagtest, the same lagtest we all crashed on... that's when weak talked to you.

ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 09:42:17 pm »

hooooo NOW u think about the precious hour !!! Weed !!!

i shut up but wait and see

Clans that use time limit to win and not there skills are .... for what i can think very small in carisma and
lossing corage and dignity

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 10:11:25 pm »

Luna, I  told a few times in the Admin *DBL chatroom that this only counts after you played the lagtest games and agreed THEN to the host. You confirmed that to me. So if you wouldn't have agreed to that host, your oppent could have offered another host. If you can't find one the *DBL may will provide a neutral host.

since 13th June 2000
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2006, 09:03:53 am »

We agreed to the host before the lagtest as I told you many times in the chat.  We never agreed to play on that host after the lagtests, which is why we came to you when we all crashed out... if we had agreed to play it out after the lagtests we would never have come to you in the first place.

As I understand it, you agree to split host, you test out the opponents host, then you agree/disagree to play on that host.

I'm not angry about the ruling, just trying to clear this rule up.

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2006, 09:24:13 am »

As I understand it, you agree to split host, you test out the opponents host(play lagtest games), then you agree/disagree to play on that host.

Exactly, if you don't agree you can't be forced to play on that host, you test another one.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads