*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 05:39:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip
| | |-+  Tech Talk (Moderators: *DAMN Hazard, Civrock, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | | |-+  iPod Problems...already!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: iPod Problems...already!  (Read 2374 times)
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« on: February 14, 2006, 03:06:51 am »

Okay, so I got my 60GB iPod today...beautifully engraved and everything.  Wink

Well, I am already having a problem with it.  I put it in the dock, plugged it into one of my Mac's USB ports, and after a few seconds, a message pops up on the iPod's screen that says "Do Not Disconnect".  Okay, that's all fine and good, except that it has stayed that way for over an hour.  I then tried unplugging everything and the screen stays the same.  Is there some way to "restart" the iPod?  Or am I just doing something wrong?
[/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 03:11:10 am »

Common problem of the iPod not recognizing, try cycling ports or resetting ipod [menu+play for a few seconds].

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 07:46:04 am »

Umm I may be missing something... but did you eject your iPod in the first place?  You do know how to work an iPod I assume so this shouldn't be the case.  If "Do Not Disconnect" gets stuck on the screen, resetting the iPod should do the trick.  Like myst said.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 02:58:27 pm »

Common problem of the iPod not recognizing, try cycling ports or resetting ipod [menu+play for a few seconds].

Umm I may be missing something... but did you eject your iPod in the first place?  You do know how to work an iPod I assume so this shouldn't be the case.  If "Do Not Disconnect" gets stuck on the screen, resetting the iPod should do the trick.  Like myst said.

I've never owned an iPod before, so I didn't know how to reset one...that worked, by the way Myst, thanks.  I did know to eject the iPod before unplugging it, just like any external hard drive icon that shows up on the desktop...only problem was, the iPod wasn't showing up on the desktop!  But all is well now...thanks guys.

P.S. I've already just about filled up my 60GB iPod...can I have a 200GB iPod please?

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 08:32:32 pm »

No kidding - what I've done with my iPod though is taken the time and gone through to rate all the songs as they come on (try to at least) and the only songs that get on the iPod are 4 and 5 star songs.

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 10:30:10 pm »

I prefer the check list style so I can have shit music every little while.  To get iPod to act as external HD hit the iPod symbol button in the bottom right corner. Tons of options...

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
MesaBoogie

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 12:30:49 am »

lol you have to eject it
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads