*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:19:38 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season XIII Starts February 15th  (Read 3819 times)
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« on: February 09, 2006, 12:40:20 am »

Hey Folks

You can now register your teams for  CQB, AA, GhR, RvS and RvS coop ladders.

Please make sure ALL your new members are registered. ( This involves your members signing up and adding themselves to your clan, then the leaders must approve the new members) With the tournaments starting on Feb 25th, your clan and members must be signed up before this date.

For the FFA ladders, each season, individual players need to go into their “user settings” and ticking the FFA box for the new season in order for them to be registered for this ladder.

Now for the new setup for both Ghost Recon and Raven Shield Team Ladders – Start date Feb 25th

1) There will be  8 – 10  weeks of Tournaments

Week 1, 3, 5, 7 –  Ghost Recon
Week 2, 4, 6, 8 -  Raven Shield
Week 9    -  Semi –finals
Week 10  - Finals

2)  2 Rounds will  spread over 4 weekends.  The clan battles will be scheduled for weekends only but may be played later if both clans and Admins agree. 

3)  Over the course of 2 weekends you play the entire lineup of clans for Round 1 and this is repeated in round 2.

4) Semi-Finals & Finals -all 2 rounds are added up and the top 4 clans are chosen to play the Semi-finals by manner of a draw, Top 2 play in the finals.

5) Clan Battles will consist of best of 5 games for Ghost Recon and we’ll  stick to the old rules for RvS.

6) We will be using the Advanced Scoring System

7) Tournament “helpers” May be required with this system. Please contact the Admins if you are interested and they’ll fill you in with what’s required.

There will be more details regarding this new setup in the amended rules, which will be updated in the next few days. As most of you know, the last few seasons were dismal and to keep the format as it was would be a waste of time. With this new setup we wanted to give those clans who love to clan battle the opportunity to do so in a much more controlled manner. If you want the old system where you turn up occasionally and hope for a cb, then this tournament is not for you. This setup requires leaders to ORGANIZE and PREPARE for clan battles every second weekend. If your clan plays both RvS and GhR, then you need to decide these things.- Can your clan be committed every weekend? If not, then you either recruit new members or play on only one ladder. Don’t commit to both ladders knowing you will struggle. If you sign up for that ladder, you MUST turn up for the tournament on the weekends scheduled. You will know well in advance when your clan will be playing, so don’t just hope they’ll turn up – please make sure they know the correct times and arrange to have sufficient players online.

This setup is designed to help you guys play clan battles in a manner that makes sense. It doesn’t work anymore just asking for cb’s  because there are less clans, less players online regularly, less interest to cb certain clans etc. With the tournament setup we are able to utilize a much fairer scoring system and a more rounded competition – which makes it fair and much more competitive. This set-up will work, but it needs your co-operation. It’s up to you guys to decide if you can make the commitment every second weekend – which really isn’t a lot to ask. If your clan doesn’t feel serious enough to abide my scheduled cb’s then perhaps the CQB ladder would work for you better? Either way, please discuss this with your clans and decide what works for your clan before signing up for the ladders.

Finally, if you have any questions concerning the tournament setup, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

- [a] Red Tigah and  The *DBL Administration
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 12:10:39 am by [a] Red Tigah » Logged

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
waterproof

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 06:19:03 pm »

This is great....   

I think this may work...Smiley

**Its not only a game its a fucking adventure**
core.Flies

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 09:26:16 pm »

Yo Tigah and rest of admins...

Passed link to this topic to all the gays.

We discuss it right now, and my personal comment is ( of course),
that this new adjustment may suit the more...casual...clangaming much better.

So, I just cross my fingers that we will show up.

Best regards
| ! | Flies
:V: Stripes

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 09:28:16 pm »

Good to hear from you and the core. clan flies!

let's meet and have some good games, this is exactly what is needed. no bad excuses now Cool!

--------------------------------
Stripes (ViRuS Clan Predator)
stripes@virus-clan.com
GeT iNfEcTeD!!!
http://www.virus-clan.com
http://www.virus-clan.org
http://www.team-virus.org
:V: Stripes

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 02:51:11 pm »

hi admins, something i havn't really got - tigah saying it's all starting March 1st, does this mean the tournament will start there with the top clans? did i read something wrong?

Please help -

Regards,
Stripes

Stripes (ViRuS Clan Predator)
stripes@virus-clan.com
GeT iNfEcTeD!!!
http://www.virus-clan.com
http://www.virus-clan.org
http://www.team-virus.org
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 04:25:52 pm »

hi admins, something i havn't really got - tigah saying it's all starting March 1st, does this mean the tournament will start there with the top clans? did i read something wrong?

Well actually I amended the date because March 1st actually falls on a week day. The weekend starting Feb 25th will be the first weekend of the tournament. The draw will be announced a few days before the tournament starts. All clans signed up for that particular ladder will be required to cb.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
WeedWacker

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 04:58:20 am »

Hey Folks

You can now register your teams for  CQB, AA, GhR, RvS and RvS coop ladders.

...With the tournaments starting on Feb 25th, your clan and members must be signed up before this date.

Hmmm...the topic says season begins Feb 15 but in the text of the msg it says Feb 25.  Which is it?

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 06:58:59 am »

SEASON starts Feb 15, TOURNAMENT starts Feb 25. See the difference? all other ladders other than the adv Ghr and Rvs  ladders may start on Feb 15th.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 07:14:10 am by [a] Red Tigah » Logged

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
[a] kitkat

I've got tone...

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2006, 12:05:18 pm »

Woooohoooooooooooooo TIGAH!!!!   clapping hands

Get ready for me to  We need more love , Sniper and  Nade you!!!
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 02:44:12 am »

NEW RULES AND SCHEDULES ARE NOW ONLINE!

Heya Kids

Please read the latest news here http://www.damnr6.com/clanladder/index.php?module=news

The draws and schedules are included in the updated rules, so please download these and make sure your clan is clear about the rules for this season.

It is great to see so many new clans signing up! There is however more clans signing up that we anticipated, so we needed to adjust our setup slightly.

As mentioned in the Battle League News, you still have the scheduled weekend tournament to attend every second weekend – because this is changed slightly –

- The first tournament weekend starts 4th March (Ghost Recon) & 11th March (Raven Shield)
- You have 1 scheduled CB and 1 CB you must arrange on your own
- But don’t worry you don’t have to wait anymore! you also have the choice of playing your required clan battles in advance, which means you don’t have to turn up for that particular weekend.

The ball is now in your court, so CB as much as you can! (Keeping to the requirements of course) But please try to keep some action for the scheduled weekends, as this is when your clan can best plan out your attack with many clans online at the same time.

We can discuss any further questions you may have in this thread. Just remember: You can NOW start clan battling on the Team ladders

Note: If you feel your clan might not be able to meet the required 2 cbs vs each clan or the schedule we have planned, now is the time to pull out.

Important Update : "You have to organize the other half of the required cbs on your own. You can setup cbs whenever you like, but you can only play your scheduled clans from that weekends tournament on the weeks before the round! So you don’t get a chance to play that clan again after the scheduled saturday and therefore you and your opponent go without those points."
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 09:41:54 pm by [a] Red Tigah » Logged

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2006, 06:19:23 pm »

Improved schedule graphics created by Tigah are now online and can be seen from the *DBL main page.

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 03:50:33 am »

I'm confused the schedule says round 1 is March 4th but it looks like 2 clans already CB'd and we're still in February.

<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 04:11:40 am »

Did you read the FAQ's I posted an hour ago PUNISHER?. I think it'll answer your question and more. Anyway I'll make it more clearer.

- You have 2 CB's you have to play against each clan
 - Each Round you have a set of scheduled clans
 - You can only CB clans on your schedule for that round
 - 1 CB must be arranged by yourself during the weekdays PRIOR to your scheduled weekend
 - 1 CB is scheduled for the scheduled weekend. HOWEVER you can play this CB in advance and not have to turn up to THAT scheduled cb during the weekend -  as long as you have completed the 2 CB's against that clan.

So basically these 2 clans that have already CB'ed are the only ones that have played their required NON-SCHEDULED cb before their scheduled weekend.

Hope that helps..
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 05:32:32 am by [a] Red Tigah » Logged

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads