*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:40:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why being a mac-gamer ? see the full video here  (Read 6129 times)
core.Flies

« on: February 01, 2006, 08:47:13 am »

Although a bit old,
this video might encourage and bring back some motivation
for all mac-gamers.

http://files.redvsblue.com/switch/RvB_Switch.mov

Best regards
| ! | Flies
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 02:01:05 pm »

[sarcasm]wow, my enthusiasm for mac gaming has been fully rejuvenated Flies, I thank you for that much needed lift.[/sarcasm]

heh, but nice find

• Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1 •
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 02:08:36 pm »

Sooo ooold... it was made even before OSX and iPods, and this thread doesn't really belong in the BL Forum. But, here's another one that was made by the same people around the same time, and it's just as ignorant.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 02:10:07 pm by Civic » Logged

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 08:38:03 pm »

That one pisses me off.

core.Flies

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 09:34:12 am »

Smiley

Thought you would love it Krush...

Hey Civ... I cant see any link in your reply....plz dont leave me here without the prolly great experience of another encouraging movie - gimme the link !!

Regards
| ! |  Flies
Civrock

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 09:42:57 am »

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6553260189868317794

Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 11:18:31 pm »

That one pisses me off.

don't let the truth get the best of you

• Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1 •
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
Civrock

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 11:19:56 pm »

Truth? It's absolutely ignorant bullshit.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 11:21:59 pm »

don't let the truth get the best of you

God damn don't even let me get started... Ever tried to edit on an Avid system? I was almost sick.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_hooks

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2006, 12:56:10 am »

yea....i do edit on a Avid and in my opinion its still better then final cut by at least a year. hell final cut just came out with mulit cam editing, lol little behind the boat. but atleast thier catching up. and just to let u know i edit on both FCP and and Avid Adrenaline system, so i have experienced both and i do know what im talking about
oBlade

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2006, 04:04:13 am »

I think the first one is pretty funny, sort of like you guys' angry reactions
Cobra

Slap ma fro!

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2006, 06:04:34 am »

Wasn't that impressed
Back half a decade ago
Still not ROFLing

Love, Cobra

If you don't like the way I drive, get off the damn sidewalk!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2006, 09:58:49 am »

yea....i do edit on a Avid and in my opinion its still better then final cut by at least a year. hell final cut just came out with mulit cam editing, lol little behind the boat. but atleast thier catching up. and just to let u know i edit on both FCP and and Avid Adrenaline system, so i have experienced both and i do know what im talking about

You have to sell a few organs and your left leg for Avid Adrenaline. When something goes wrong (which it does.. don't deny it Wink ) then you have to get one of those retarded Avid Technicians out... who don't turn up till past your deadline then can't fix the god damn problem. The way you work has to be done just exactly how Avid wants, or it throws a hissy fit at you. I hate it.

Yes totally agree, FCP is still lacking in a few areas, multi-cam was a long time coming - and they seriously have to sort the freaking media manager out... but when you look at the whole set up togeter... Avid aint' worth it for that money imho

z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2006, 02:27:59 pm »

It’s exagerated but true.

When I go to the Applestore there is ONE shelf with games. The newest ones being COD2 and Unreal Tournament 2004...Go to the PC gaming store and you have 50 shelves.

When Ghr3 comes out for PC in a few months Mac gamers will still have to endure playing Ghr unless they have an XBox too.

Actually the Mac is kinda like a museum for old games, where you can come back and play some old classics when you get bored with the new.

troesten

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2006, 02:46:19 pm »

Ouch mag... but painfully accurate Sad

We have a handfull of AAA release's for mac per year... there are more for the PC than you can count im sure.

On the upside Aspyr god bless em continue to try, and they do keep going - Was great to see games like Civ4 and Quake4 both making it to mac and CoD2 of course. But it ain't enough by any means, we need 5 or 6 aspyrs with triple the budgets.. and/or stamp out one of the biggest problems that is damaging mac gaming... pirating.

oBlade

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 12:38:04 am »

What does pirating have to do with anything?
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2006, 12:43:41 am »

Um... well if your market stops buying your games and just downloads them suddenly you loose lots of revenue... if you don't have revenue and you can't show people your good sales of previous games then you can't get them to sell you the license to port their games, let alone sell it at a price you can afford and cover with your dwindling sales.

think that about covers it.

Civrock

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2006, 01:08:36 am »

What does pirating have to do with anything?

cottonmouth

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2006, 02:42:34 pm »

You have to sell a few organs and your left leg for Avid Adrenaline. When something goes wrong (which it does.. don't deny it Wink ) then you have to get one of those retarded Avid Technicians out... who don't turn up till past your deadline then can't fix the god damn problem. The way you work has to be done just exactly how Avid wants, or it throws a hissy fit at you. I hate it.

Yes totally agree, FCP is still lacking in a few areas, multi-cam was a long time coming - and they seriously have to sort the freaking media manager out... but when you look at the whole set up togeter... Avid aint' worth it for that money imho

I edit on an Avid and I would not swich to FCP if my life depended on it. In fact, almost all high end studios I work at run Avid. Right now I work at the Discovery Channel, and we have over 50 Avids runnin around the clock..... flawlessly.  The Adrenalines are updated to the HD version and almost all the bugs have been ironed out.
If FCP could digitize 8 channels of audio in one shot, from a DA88 source, then we might invest in a few machines, but having to digitize audio in multiple passes is crazy, especially when working on a two hour program.  Also, avids Ani-Matte tool is the shit!!!

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
oBlade

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2006, 10:03:26 pm »

Lot of ifs in that post, BFG. I haven't seen any articles anywhere that label the pirating of Mac games to be damaging Mac gaming or anything. Granted I haven't looked for them... but I haven't noticed anyone talking about them either
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads