*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:58:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  RSD game sometime
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RSD game sometime  (Read 1850 times)
oBlade

« on: January 01, 2006, 07:27:16 pm »

I'm setting up a game of Rogue Spear Demo with some of the old regulars of the RSD community. A lot of the players have sorta disappeared. So far I've got about 8 people on the list.

Anyway, I was wondering if any (up to Cool of the old RS players would care to play. I know it's not the same as full RS. But it's what I started with, so I personally like it more. Don't know why. RS, logically, has to be a better game 'cause it's the full version.

So if anyone wants to play, let me know. There are some mods the RSD players always use. You can get the two critical mods, Gun Power 1 and 2 (these are actually full RS mods stripped of their original title... Gun Power 2 is a Cocobolo I think), here:
http://www.geocities.com/monodimension/

Also, you can download everything (the demo itself, mods, and maps) here:
http://www.planetrainbowsix.com/monoman/rsd/index.html

I'm not sure what maps we will be playing (apart from the stock map). But one more thing. RSD mods and maps install differently (you can't just throw the folder into the Mods folder, go into the application, and activate. That doesn't work because it's a demo and was designed not to work with any mods). Fortunately that doesn't matter because you can mod it a whole lot anyway. Installation of mods is explained here:
http://www.planetrainbowsix.com/monoman/rsd/installhelp.html

Armpatches work just like normal RS, though. No problems there.

SO, to get off explaining the technicalities of RSD mods and maps: Anyone who wants to play in this game can. There just hasn't been a big RSD game in a long time. At the very least, this will make a nice funeral for RSD. Again, let me know, and I'll find you later to give you a date and time for the game. We won't be doing it in GameRanger either.

The list so far looks like this (some confirmed, some unconfirmed/MIA):
oBlade, Sephiroth Clock, Dark Angelus, Ramone, Hardedge, Time, Pie, hx239. Some other people I remember have disappeared, and some others I don't remember. Room for 8 more people, then.
PandabeaR

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 06:45:06 pm »

I'd love to play with you sometime... If I can get my emac to recognize the system folder I got from Ramzone(Ramboner)Ramone at the last LAN... lol it works with classic but wont show up when I try to choose a reboot option.
oBlade

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 06:32:51 am »

I'm thinking RS might be a better idea
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads