*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:11:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: REMINDER: Deadline to qualify as active clan coming up!  (Read 4978 times)
Ein

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2005, 12:06:21 am »

Well, to increase cb's or just activity in general(or even to guage how active a season might be), why not up the stakes? I think that Mr T suggested something similar before but why not require all players to pay $1 (or its equivalent). The winning clan wins the entire pot for that ladder to divide among their members. $1 is not much of a charge for an 8-10 week season of being able to cb. Also this might cause larger clans to break up and form smaller ones for 2 reasons: 1)smaller clan winning the pot=more money per individual clan member, and 2)clans will realize it costs them more as a clan to enter a clan of 10 people than it would to enter a clan of 6 people since each clanmember would cost $1.

I'm sure a lot of clans might not like a $1 charge to play for 10 weeks and in my oppinion, that will probably be the clans who don't plan on being to active. 1 dollar is not a lot to pay to increase activity and all it would take is settiong up paypal accounts. Instead of just sending a winner icon for the ladder, mauti (or the admin in charge of it) would also have to paypal over the ladders pot to the winning clan leader to divide up to their members.

Also, the 3 week registration period woukd be also the time players had to send in their $1 contribution. If they did not send in their money along with the GR I'd it was for, that player would be removed from the ladder and not allowed to compete.

I'm not against it but what do the rest of you think?

Ein
[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2005, 12:14:28 am »

I did propose something like that awhile back, but I still think the overarching issue of GhR and/or Mac gaming being dead/in a lull still prevails. Why would anyone pay a dollar to play a game they can ignore for free?

Honestly though, I would ante up for an AA ladder. Our server cost $50 a month and to help cover that cost I'd play for money. Not for GhR though... sorry guys.

Perhaps someone with more time could snoop around and see what the other GhR communities are doing. I know many of them are PC, but they have to be feeling the same bite as we are.

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2005, 12:34:42 am »

The deadline to qualify as an active clan in season 12 has passed now and it was sad to see that not many clans are taking clan battles and this league serious enough. As a consequence, the required cb's needed  to stay on the ladders for both Ghost Recon and Raven Shield has now been dumped. The admins have discussed it and in order for this league to stay as active as possible, we need to allow those clans not meeting the requirement to stay on the ladders. Therefore to sum up - all clans on all ladders may continue to clan battle. However, we will stand by the 15 cbs needed for the top 4 clans to qualify for the finals.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2005, 01:02:19 am »

It's not that people aren't taking it seriously it's that because less people have been playing on GR recently everybody has found new things to do.

Some people have gone to WoW, others to AA others to XBox and XBox 360 online gaming, some just left games compltely and got back to their normal mundane life.  That's what happens.

Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2005, 01:05:59 am »

I play AA via GameRanger, much better server browser and working filters.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2005, 02:01:16 am »

You're one of the few, but that's not the point.

c| King.of.Pop

The Thriller

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2005, 02:40:41 am »

i like that Tigah.  i think its better this way.  yes activity is down, but at least this allows clans to get back into things at their own pace.  this way when my guys start getting time again, we can play when we're ready instead of sitting around with our thumbs up our ass's wishing we could.

i like that DAMN is always looking for new ways to get activity higher, but right now we have to face the facts.  its not what it used to be.  but with patience it should change.  i mean i came back, thats gotta be worth something right?  :-)

Kingo

Grammy award winning killer...
core.Flies

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2005, 06:37:52 am »

More or less same story here, Pops...

Tigah,
I will now mail my lazy members that we are still in business.

I would have supported the idea with a minimum too though, but reality sometimes has to influence the good intentions.

So, Dr. clan...we are up for the cb during this week - and whoever else clan that want to and have ppl online for a cb.

Best regards
| ! |  Flies
NiKLoT

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2005, 02:25:00 pm »

or even a premium membership Grin lol think thats too much but is there no possiblity to talk to evill? maybe civic i think u would have good connections. hahh that was more meant as a joke but but if it would work it would b great !!  clapping hands
Civrock

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2005, 11:26:59 pm »

I don't think so. Roll Eyes

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2005, 12:21:34 am »

or even a premium membership Grin lol think thats too much but is there no possiblity to talk to evill? maybe civic i think u would have good connections. hahh that was more meant as a joke but but if it would work it would b great !!  clapping hands

that would give me no insentive to play at all... I'de rather have $5 or whatever we would end up getting than a premium membership.

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
NiKLoT

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2005, 05:42:40 am »

hmm ok.. was just a idea of a child... without credit card.. Grin
Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2005, 10:36:33 am »

To Mauti and the DBL Admins.. I normally go with the flow with your decisions on how Tournaments are held. But I hope you can change your minds and have a "Finals" with the teams that have competed this season. This season i put together a "New" team with new members that have never CB'ed before much less been in a clan. We've been up against the more experienced teams (3 of them) and of course it's a learning experience for them. For them the peak is participating in a Finals to bring it to a full circle. The top team(s) have earned a "bye" and allow the lower teams to earn their right to play against them.
How about it Mauti and Admins? Remember "Eddie the Eagle"?!

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2005, 12:25:35 am »

We gonna hold an after season tournament for RvS and maybe more games. So there your new clan could participate. SuperFinals for season XII will only be played if enough cbs have been played.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads